Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shair Aur Sargam
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Pyar Ki Baaten (1951)

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. Quality of the songs in the first post is very good. I have set aside the second post for a few poor quality songs at a lower bit rate.

Here are the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Pyar Ki Baaten (1951)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...

swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Khilari (1950)

Here are the songs from this album...
King Kishore
Thank you Swarapriya. smile.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(King Kishore @ Feb 24 2013, 02:47 AM) *

Thank you Swarapriya. smile.gif

You're very welcome Kingji. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Nau Bahar (1952)

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. The songs in the first post are from a CD and are of better quality. But the songs in the second post are of poor to fair quality. They are from a DVD. I am uploading them at a lower bit rate.

Here are the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Nau Bahar (1952)"...

swarapriya
(Shakeel) Shair (1949)

Achyntu
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 26 2013, 01:57 PM) *

(Shakeel) Shair (1949)

This might be a better copy of the song O more baalma! I haven't listened to your copy of the song, but this one doesn't seem to have any noise throughout the song!

Details of the song are the same as in the above post.
swarapriya
QUOTE(Achyntu @ Feb 26 2013, 08:03 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 26 2013, 01:57 PM) *

(Shakeel) Shair (1949)

This might be a better copy of the song O more baalma! I haven't listened to your copy of the song, but this one doesn't seem to have any noise throughout the song!

Details of the song are the same as in the above post.

Thanks for the song Achyntu. Cheers, S.

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Lady Robin Hood (1959)

I just have one song from this album that I am uploading it here. I am pretty sure that there probably are a whole bunch of songs in this film. Some of these are listed in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these or any other songs they may have from this film. Thank you very much.

Here is the only song I have from this album...
lakshmi
Here is one from Lady Robinhood(1959)

song

reshmi dupatta tera dil liye - Mahendra Kapoor, Suman Kalyanpur - 3:23/128
swarapriya
QUOTE(lakshmi @ Feb 27 2013, 03:35 AM) *

Here is one from Lady Robinhood(1959)

song

reshmi dupatta tera dil liye - Mahendra Kapoor, Suman Kalyanpur - 3:23/128

Happy to hear from you Lakshmi. It has been a very long time. Trust things are going well for you. Thanks a whole bunch for the song. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Daag (1952)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in this very post. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...4658&st=187
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 27 2013, 02:33 PM) *

I just have one song from this album that I am uploading it here. I am pretty sure that there probably are a whole bunch of songs in this film. Some of these are listed in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these or any other songs they may have from this film. Thank you very much.

here is one song from this rare album no poster seen anywhere
taiyab
1959-lady robinhood-hum bhi tumse fight karega-geetadutt & mahendra kapoor-sadrul kwatra-bekal amritsari-3.08 mins-192 br
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Feb 28 2013, 06:51 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 27 2013, 02:33 PM) *

here is one song from this rare album no poster seen anywhere
taiyab
1959-lady robinhood-hum bhi tumse fight karega-geetadutt & mahendra kapoor-sadrul kwatra-bekal amritsari-3.08 mins-192 br

Thank you very much Taiyab for sharing the song. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Chacha Bhatija (1977)

swarapriya
(Majrooh) Sheesha (1952)

swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Madhubala (1950)

Some of the songs from this album were contributed by the members of this Forum. Thank you very much. Here are these and other songs from this album...
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Parbat (1952)

swarapriya
(Shakeel) Singaar (1949)

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Singaar (1949)"...

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Lal Nishan (1959)

S.D. Batish composed music for this film under the name of Nirmal Kumar. I am uploading six songs from this album. I am missing at least one song shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share this or any other songs they may have from this film to share the with rest of us. Thank you.

Here are the songs I have...
coolkee
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 6 2013, 02:38 PM) *

S.D. Batish composed music for this film under the name of Nirmal Kumar. I am uploading six songs from this album. I am missing at least one song shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share this or any other songs they may have from this film to share the with rest of us. Thank you.

I have another song from this movie and it's not shown in your list.
Please...Let me know if this correct
Regards
CoolkeeClick to view attachment
swarapriya
QUOTE(coolkee @ Mar 6 2013, 12:00 PM) *

Regards

Thanks for the song Coolkee. This song very well might be from this film. My list probably is not complete. Thanks again. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Hamari Duniya (1952)

Unfortunately I have only one song from this film that I can share with you. I have listed below in the table in red italics some of the possible missing songs. If you have these or any others from this film, my request to you is to please kindly share. Thank you very much.

Now for the only song I have...
kamalamohanty
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 7 2013, 08:46 PM) *

Unfortunately I have only one song from this film that I can share with you. I have listed below in the table in red italics some of the possible missing songs. If you have these or any others from this film, my request to you is to please kindly share. Thank you very much.

The other Lata Song from my side.

Kamala Mohanty
taiyab53
QUOTE(coolkee @ Mar 7 2013, 02:30 AM) *

Regards

dear friend
the song which you have uploaded is same which Swarapriya have uploaded(ye husn 2)
according to HFGK there is no other song other than listed by Swarapriya
taiyab
Viraj Padhye

Two from my side. Both 128kbps.

Viraj
swarapriya
QUOTE(kamalamohanty @ Mar 7 2013, 08:45 AM) *

The other Lata Song from my side.

Kamala Mohanty

Thank you very much Kamala for the song. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
QUOTE(Viraj Padhye @ Mar 7 2013, 04:35 PM) *

Two from my side. Both 128kbps.

Viraj

Thank you Viraj for both the songs. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Immaan Dharam (1977)

swarapriya
(Majrooh) Baghi (1953)

Here are the songs from this film from the incredibly great combination of the incomparable Madan Mohan Saab and Lataji...
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Pyaar (1950)

Here are the songs from this album where way back in 1950 SD had Kishoreda singing for Raj Kapoor...
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Poonam (1952)

Here are the songs from this early SJ album...
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Babul (1950)

This is a beautiful album from Naushadji. I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Babul (1950)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Maine Jeena Seekh Liya (1959)

swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Neelam Pari (1952)

taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 14 2013, 10:14 PM) *

here is the remaining song
taiyab
1952-neelam pari-pyaar ke toote taron par main-asha-khursheed anwar-hasrat jaipuri-3.50 mins-192 br
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Mar 14 2013, 01:09 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 14 2013, 10:14 PM) *

here is the remaining song
taiyab
1952-neelam pari-pyaar ke toote taron par main-asha-khursheed anwar-hasrat jaipuri-3.50 mins-192 br

Thank you again for your yet another contribution Taiyab. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Don (1978)

Most of the following write up appeared in one of my previous postings of this film...

The producer of the movie was the ace photographer Norman Irani. Earlier he made a movie called “Zindagi Zindagi (1972)” that was a financial disaster. Irani was in extreme financial strain and couldn’t meet his loan payments. While he was working with Manoj Kumar on his “Roti Kapda Aur Makaan (1984)”, some of the cast members of that movie including Amitabh, Pran, and Zeenat and the assistant director Chandra Barot decided to help out Irani. They procured the script of “Don” from the writing team of Salim & Javed. The writing team shelved this project because they couldn’t find any takers for the storyline. Thus the team to make “Don” was formed.

Before the movie was finished, Irani died in an accident. Everyone involved decided to finish the movie by taking salary cuts. Zeenat Aman did not take any salary. At Manoj’s suggestion, the song “Khaike Paan Banaras Waala” was added as an after thought. The film was released without the usual ballyhoo. After a week the film was completely going unnoticed and was virtually written off. Then it suddenly took off as the song “Khaike” became a sensational rage and the movie also became a huge hit. With profits from the movie, Irani’s widow was able to settle all her debts.

Sometime back I was in a concert show; I believe it was Amit Kumar’s. During the show he recited the story of how the song “Khaike” came about. The music director duo was ready to record the song and Kishoreda arrived to sing. He tried a few times to sing the song and wasn’t too happy the way it was going, so he refused to go ahead with the recording. Anandji had an idea. He sent someone out to bring some of the best Benaras paans available. When the paans arrived, Kishoreda sprang to his feet, took a couple and started eating them. While still eating the paans, he told KA that he was ready to sing. The song was recorded without any further hitch. I guess behind every classic song there is a story to tell…

The movie won several Filmfare awards including the Best Actor for Amitabh, the Best Female Playback Singer for Asha for the song “Yeh Mera Dil”, and the Best Male Playback Singer for Kishoreda for “Khaike Paan Banaras Waala”.

In 2005, the singing group “Black Eyed Peas” used a sample of the song from this movie, “Yeh Mera Dil”, for one of their hit songs. That song fetched them a Grammy. Broadcast Music Incorporate (BMI) of USA rewarded KA with their award for being the source for the Grammy winner.

“Don” was made into several languages including many times in Hindi. The first Telugu version was called “Yugandhar”.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all songs from the film. The second post contains some specials and a few instrumentals of the songs from this album.

Now for the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Some Specials & Instrumentals of the Songs from "Don (1978)"...

In this post I am uploading a couple of specials. The song "Khaike Paan" has a real brief introduction by Kishoreda himself. This was taken from the album "Legends: Kishore Kumar - The Versatile Genius (CD 5)". Another special song I am uploading is that of "Yeh Mera Dil". This has a real nice introduction by Kalyanji who talks fondly about Asha's singing abilities. This one is taken from the album "Legends: Asha Bhosle - The Enchantress (CD 5)".

I am also uploading some of the instrumentals of the songs from this popular album.

Here are the specials and the instrumentals...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Baaz (1953)

Guru Dutt wrote the story, screenplay, and directed this film about pirates and high sea adventure. He also was in the movie, his first appearance as an actor. Even though he was the hero of the film, it was all Geeta Bali. She in the title role had more heroics than anyone else in the film and was simply magnificent.

This was a third directorial venture for Guru. He made his debut as a director with his friend Dev Anand’s smashing “Baazi” in 1951. It was followed by another Dev starrer in 1952, “Jaal”. The other commonalities of these two films, besides Dev and Guru, they also had Geeta Bali in both of them. SD Burman was their music director. Sahir Ludhianvi wrote lyrics for both the films.

With the success he enjoyed with his first two films, Guru was trying to come up with a “different” film. Geeta Bali’s sister was in the marketplace to produce a movie. When Guru became available he was contracted to make the film. The movie finally ended up with three co-producers; Geeta Bali’s sister, her husband, and Guru himself. For its music, Guru decided to sign O.P. Nayyar as the music director. Majrooh wrote the lyrics. Guru had three assistant directors; Raj Khosla, Atma Ram, and Niranjan.

All said and done when the movie was finished and released it proved to be a financial disaster. Geeta Bali’s sister lost a fortune. So did Guru. The friendship between Bali and Dutt strained. The only outstanding thing that emerged from the film was its ever so fresh and lilting music. OP was simply magnificent.

The financial debacle of the film had some ramifications in Guru’s life. Looking for some stability before he can stand back on his own legs, he pressed on the playback singer Geeta Roy, who was more successful and financially secure than him, with whom he was in love with to marry him. In late May of 1953 Geetaji and Guru were married.

In this album, Geetaji dominates with six beautiful solos. One of the solos has three different parts to it. Here are these songs and others from this lovely album…
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Pyar Ki Manzil (1950)

Here are the songs from this album with some of them thanks to the courtesy of the Forum members...
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 17 2013, 01:41 PM) *

Here are the songs from this album with some of them thanks to the courtesy of the Forum members...

dear swarapriya
the song
AYE CHAND ZARA SUNLE is penned by SHEWAN RIZVI SAHAB not RAJAINDRA KRISHAN according to HFGK,just a correction
taiyab
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Mar 17 2013, 01:13 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 17 2013, 01:41 PM) *

dear swarapriya
the song
AYE CHAND ZARA SUNLE is penned by SHEWAN RIZVI SAHAB not RAJAINDRA KRISHAN according to HFGK,just a correction
taiyab

Thanks Taiyab for the suggested correction. I made the change to the table as recommended by you. Thanks again.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Sanskar (1952)

This was Mumtaz's very first movie appearance. One of the stars of this movie was Shashi Kapoor, himself a relatively newcomer, as a boy actor. Many years later when Mumtaz was struggling as an actress and was getting parts only in B-grade movies, someone offered her a role to play heroine opposite Shashi Kapoor. Shashi Kapoor found this objectionable. He vehemently protested saying that he doesn't want to act with some B-grade movie actress. Eventually her perseverance paid off and Mumtaz hit it big. Shashi was now willing to act with her. They were together in "Prem Kahani" and "Chor Machaye Shor". Let's hand an F grade to Shashi for this crummy attitude towards his fellow professionals. Talking about hypocrisy...

Here are the songs...
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Dastan (1950)

Here are the songs from this fine album where Suraiya sings every song, six solos and three duets with Rafi Saab...
HarshBhatt
Superb collection, keep sharing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.