Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shair Aur Sargam
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Mehlon Ke Khwab (1960)

I am re-uploading these songs on request...

Madhubala produced this film that starred herself, her sister Chanchal in a major role, and her husband Kishore Kumar. Interestingly Kishoreda was paired with Chanchal in the film whereas Madhubala’s love interest was Pradeep Kumar. But Kumar only had a very limited role. Even Madhubala’s role was also somewhat limited. She gave her sister Chanchal most of the screen time.

In this film, one can easily detect that something was wrong with Madhubala’s health. She looked very pale. The health might have been a compelling reason why Chanchal garnered so much of screen time. Madhubala’s health became so bad that things took turn for worse for her. While shooting the film Madhubala collapsed and fainted. With her congenital heart problem playing havoc with her health, she was flown to England for treatment. The movie was finished with Chanchal stepping in for her sister.

Most of the songs in this film are good. Their quality is variable ranging from fair to decent. Please note that the song “Gar Tum” has a noticeable skip at 3:05.

Here are the songs from this album…
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Saloni (1952)

I am re-uploading these songs on request. Please note that I am missing a couple of songs from this film shown in red italics in the table below. If anyone of you have these songs please kindly share with rest of us. Thank you.

Here are the songs I have...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Fareb (1953)

I am re-uploading the songs from this album on rquest...
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Rukhsana (1955)

Here is a musical offering from the maverick master, Sajjan Hussain Saab. It appears like I may be missing a song shown in red italics in the table below. If this is so, I am requesting members to kindly share it if they can. Many thanks.

Now for the songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri & Shailendra) Begunah (1956)

Shankar & Jaikishan were very busy in 1956. They had eight films released during the year, which is equivalent to three films every four months. These movies were: “Basant Bahar”, “Begunah”, “Chori Chori”, “Halaku”, “Kismet ka Khel”, “New Delhi”, “Patrani”, and “Raj Hath”.

“Begunah” was a carbon copy of Daany Kaye’s 1954 comedy hit film “Knock on Wood”. After its wide release “Begunah” with its hit songs was doing brisk business. Then Paramount Studios, the concern that produced the English film, sued the producers of “Begunah” for unauthorized duplication. The suit went in favor of Paramount and per court order all movie boxes of “Begunah” were seized and destroyed. This was kind of unprecedented.

Among the songs Mukesh’s “Aye Pyaase” was a standout and became a huge hit. In the movie it was filmed in the club on the music director Jaikishan. Here is this and other songs from this album. (Incidentally Shakila’s pictures shown in the table below are not from the film.)
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Paisa Hi Paisa (1956)

This album consists of 13 songs. I am uploading 12 of them here. The missing song is shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share this song if they can. Thank you.

Unfortunately some of the songs I am uploading here are of only fair quality. Most of this problem stems from hissing noise. I tried to eliminate as much as possible but still the noise remains.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs fro "Paisa Hi Paisa (1956)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this film...
soumik
Thanks a lot Swarapriyabhai for all the albums....

Just a note: The info that I have is Begunah released in 1957 and not in 1956....

Soumik
swarapriya
QUOTE(soumik @ Jul 21 2015, 09:29 PM) *

Thanks a lot Swarapriya for all the albums....

Just a note: The info that I have is Begunah released in 1957 and not in 1956....

Soumik

Soumik, you are correct. The movie indeed was released in 1957. It was an oversight on my part.

Thanks & cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Shreeman Funtoosh (1965)

I am re-uploading songs from this album on request...

Even though Kishoreda made an occasionally brilliant movie during 60’s (for example, “Door Gagan ki Chhaon Mein (1964)” and “Padosan (1968)”), most of the movies he starred in this period were generally bad. This film is a prime example. Like “Mr. X in Bombay (1964)” and “Hum Sab Ustad Hain (1965)”, Laxmikant & Pyarelal were the music directors for this film as well. Interestingly, in all these three films, the only redeeming feature was their music.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all songs from the film. The second post contains a version song of the hit “Yeh Dard Bhara” and some instrumentals of the same song.

Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Shreeman Funtoosh (1965)"...

Here is a version song and some instrumentals of the song "Yeh Dard Bhara Afsaana" from the film...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Dhobi Doctor (1954)

Here are the songs from this film except for the missing one shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share this if they can. Thank you.
soumik
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 6 2015, 06:52 PM) *

QUOTE(soumik @ Jul 2 2015, 10:00 PM) *

Dear Swarapriyabhai,

Could you please re-upload the following movies:

1. Mehlon Ke Khwab (1960)

2. Shreeman Funtoosh (1965)

3. Saloni (1952)

4. Begunah (1956)

5. Rukhsana (1955)

6. Fareb (1953)

7. Dhobi Doctor (1954)

8. Paisa Hi Paisa (1956)

Please do take ur time....I am not in a hurry.

Soumik

Will do...

Thanks Swarapriyabhai for uploading all the requested albums....

Soumik
soumik
Dear Swarapriyabhai,

Thanks for uploading the album Paisa Hi Paisa (1956)....I have some doubts; since u have the VCD of the movie, cud u plz clear my doubts???

# Is the song Le Lo Sone Ka Laddu is a full song or has it been split into 2 parts in the movie - Le Lo Pyar Ka Laddu and Le Lo Sone Ka Laddu ????

# Also in the above song one of the female singer is Meena Kapoor and not Asha Bhosle with KK, Rafi & Lata.....

# The song Taqdeer Ki Chidiya is having Sudha Malhotra along with Kishore Kumar & Meena Kapoor

Regards

Soumik
swarapriya
QUOTE(soumik @ Jul 30 2015, 10:28 PM) *

Dear Swarapriya,

Thanks for uploading the album Paisa Hi Paisa (1956)....I have some doubts; since u have the VCD of the movie, cud u plz clear my doubts???

# Is the song Le Lo Sone Ka Laddu is a full song or has it been split into 2 parts in the movie - Le Lo Pyar Ka Laddu and Le Lo Sone Ka Laddu ????

# Also in the above song one of the female singer is Meena Kapoor and not Asha Bhosle with KK, Rafi & Lata.....

# The song Taqdeer Ki Chidiya is having Sudha Malhotra along with Kishore Kumar & Meena Kapoor

Regards

Soumik

The song "Sone Ka Laddu" is the full song in the film. It is not split into two separate parts. However, I have seen in some albums Rafi Saab's portion separated and shown as a separate song.

I have seen either Asha or Meena Kapoor listed as a co-singers for this song. I went along with Asha because this is predominantly hers and Kishoreda's album. However it could very well be Meenaji. Anilda occasionally used his wife's (Meenaji) voice in some songs. Can someone with the Geet Kosh please verify this? Thank you very much.

Soumik, do you think there is a third singer in this song. Again I have seen this song either credited to Meenaji or Sudha Malhotra. But not both. Again I am requesting our members with access to Geet Kosh to authenticate this. Thank you.

Cheers,
S

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Teen Bahuraniyan (1968)

Gemini remade this comedy based on the Tamil hit “Bama’s Visit (1967)”. Prithiviraj Kapoor played a retired school master, the patriarch of a joint family, father of three adult sons, all married and working. The peaceful setting of the family goes out of control when a famous movie actress (played by Shashikala) moves next door. All three sons and bahus are out to get into the good graces of the star and impress her by going beyond their means by spending money lavishly. Balachander (later of “Ek Duuje Ke Liye (1981)” fame) wrote the satire. Incidentally, all the bahus were played by actresses from the South.

Kishore Sahu, who directed several hit movies for Gemini before this film, wrote the dialogues.

Here are the songs from this film…
Viraj Padhye
As per HFGK, there is no Meena Kapoor in Le Lo Sone Ka Laddu. And for Taqdeer Ki Chidiya it says it's female singer, probably Meena Kapoor.
swarapriya
QUOTE(Viraj Padhye @ Jul 31 2015, 07:31 PM) *

As per HFGK, there is no Meena Kapoor in Le Lo Sone Ka Laddu. And for Taqdeer Ki Chidiya it says it's female singer, probably Meena Kapoor.

Thank you very much Viraj for clearing the credits for the songs. Cheers.
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Barood (1960)

Super Pictures who had a surprise hit in “Qaidi No. 911” the previous year followed it with this film. They repeated Honey Irani, Hiralal and Sheikh Mukhtar from that film. Director for both films was Aspi. The lyrics for both films were written by Hasrat Jaipuri Saab. One of the principal reasons for Qaidi’s success was it had several hit songs composed by Dattaramji. This film with music by Khayyam Saab also has several good songs. But the film did about an average business.

The film introduced Sudhir opposite Kum Kum in the film. Sudhir persisted in the movies, mostly in small negative roles.

Here are the songs from this film…
soumik
Thanks to both of you for clearing my doubts....

Soumik

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 1 2015, 05:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Viraj Padhye @ Jul 31 2015, 07:31 PM) *

Thank you very much Viraj for clearing the credits for the songs. Cheers.

swarapriya
(Majrooh) Hum Matwale Naujawan (1961)

Chitraguptji never got his proper due even though he consistently gave good music for his films. In this little known film there are three very good songs. Mukeshji’s “Bann Ke”, his duet with Geetaji, “Beete Nahin “, and Lataji’s “Dil Ne”. Here are these and the rest of the songs from this film. Incidentally, I am uploading the song “Ghar Ki” at a lower bit rate because of the quality of its sound.

Now for the songs…
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Jailor (1958)

Sohrab Modi produced, directed and acted in this film that was a remake of his 1938 film of the same name. Modi played the title role in both the films. The story dealt with a woman (played by Kamini Kaushal) who eloped with a friend as she could not take her husband’s restrictions on her movements. A daring theme for sure for a 1938 film and may be even for a 1958 film. As a result, the husband (Modi) turns into a very bitter man which ensues tragedy for everyone around him including himself.

One of the better things of the film was its beautiful music composed by Madanji. Mohan Saab’s song of Lataji, “Hum Pyaar Mein”, is one of his greatest compositions. I am uploading this and other songs and some specials from this film in two back-to-back posts.

Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Some Specials of the Song "Hum Pyaar Mein" from "Jailor (1958)"...

The following are some specials of the song "Hum Pyaar Mein Jalne Waalon Ko" from this film...
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai (1960)

This movie was directed by Kishore Sahu, who had a checkered record. But on occasion he seems to be rejuvenated. He directed various successful movies like "Ghar Basa Ke Dekho (1963)", and "Grahasti (1963)". The last two were made for Gemini Studios. This movie was produced by Kamal Amrohi. Meena Kumari who was the real star of this movie, just started having marital problems with Amrohi when this film was being made.

Meena's presence in the movie with her sheer beauty, clad in white sarees, suffering silently makes this movie a must watch. An ordinary story. But artfully handled. An extraordinary lady. Just beautiful to look at. This movie was later remade by Honey Irani as "Armaan (2003)" with Amitabh, Anil Kapoor, Gracy Singh, and Preity Zinta. It did not work as the movie did not have any Meenaji to carry it.

Apart from the magnificent Meena, the other unforgettable story of "Dil Apna" is its music. During this period Shankar & Jaikishan were at the top of their creativity. The youthful energy and exuberance that marked their music could be easily experienced by listening to these songs. In this album every song is an utter delight. One of my favorites of Lata, "Ajeeb Daastaan Hai Yeh" is from this film. Every time I hear this song, it gives me goose bumps. I may have heard it a minimum of thousand times. Never get tired of it. Powerful. Poignant. Perfect. S&J were assisted by Dattaram and Sebastian.

S&J bagged a Filmfare Award as the Best Music Directors for this film. They beat out the likes of Naushadji for "Mughal-E-Azam" and Ravi for "Chaudhvin Ka Chand". Now that says something about this music.

I am uploading songs from the film, few music clips, a special live recording of the song by Lataji, and several instrumentals in five back-to-back posts. The first post contains all songs from the film except for one. The other song, the special, and various music clips are in the second post. The third post contains some instrumentals, all from various CD collections. Finally, the last two posts contain few more instrumentals, all from videos.

Here is the first set of songs...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai (1960)"...

The following is the remaining song from the film, various music clips, and Lata's live version of the song "Ajeeb Daastaan"...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of Songs from "Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai (1960)"...

The following instrumentals are all from various CD collections...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of the Song "Ajeeb Daastan" from the Film "Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai (1960)"...

Here are some of the instrumentals of the song "Ajeeb Daastaan" from the film...
swarapriya
Concluding Instrumentals of the Song "Ajeeb Daastan" from the Film "Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai (1960)"...

Here are some more instrumentals of the song "Ajeeb" from the film...
ketaki shukla
Very lovely album Swarapriya,

Thanks for sharing

Ketaki
swarapriya
QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ Aug 6 2015, 02:41 PM) *

Very lovely album Swarapriya,

Thanks for sharing

Ketaki

You are welcome, Ketaki.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Anjaana (1969)

Mohan Kumar produced and directed this film from his own story. Unfortunately this is simply a bad film. The performances of Babita and Kumar were simply terrible. Even LP’s music, except for one beautiful duet, suffered from lack of originality. For example, the song “Woh Kaun Hai” used the same tune they used for their award winning film “Milan (1967)” song “Bol Gori”. Bakshi Saab’s lyrics followed the mood of the film, simply uninspired. The one song that stood out is the duet “Rim Jhim”. A lovely romantic duet well executed by all connected. I am uploading this and other songs in two back-to-back posts. I am also including a version song of “Jaan” in the first post.

swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Anjaana (1969)"...

swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Bambai Ki Billi (Wild Cat) (1960)

With a title like “Bambai Ki Billi”, the movie is also known as “Wild Cat”, I expected to listen to not so great songs. But with Khayyam Saab collaborating with Jaipuri Ji one can still expect good effort. I was not disappointed. There are several fine songs in this film with the duet “Aise Na” taking the top honors. Here is this and other songs from this film…

swarapriya
(Shailendra) Ek Phool Char Kante (1960)

Sunil Dutt did not make too many comedies. That laugh riot, "Padosan (1968)", was mostly a Kishoreda-Mahmood movie. This film however is a light comedy. Dutt played a young man whose center of attraction is Waheeda (Ek Phool). But in order to marry her, he has to first convince all four of her uncles (Char Kante) that he was the right choice. The problem is that they all have different and conflicting requirements on who should be their niece's proper husband.

David Dhawan, who has made hit movies based on films from South, did copy this movie in his 2000 version of “Dulhan Hum Lejayenge" which starred Karishma Kapoor and Salman Khan. Only difference was that Karishma in this movie had three uncles instead of four.

"Ek Phool Char Kante" has great music by the incomparable Shankar & Jaikishan team who were assisted by Dattaram and Sebastian. During this period of their professional career anything they turned out was on the mark. Theirs was an energetic team and their exuberance seeped through into their songs as rich melodies. This film has one of my all-time favorites of Mukesh in "Matwaali Naar". Mukesh sang his heart out pouring life into Shailendra's rich lyrics making it an endearing and enduring classic. Incidentally, this song was filmed as part of a dance drama in the film called “Amrapali”. Waheeda played the dancer Amrapali and the king was played by Sunil Dutt. Years later in 1966 “Amrapali” was made into a full movie that starred Vyjayanti Mala and Dutt himself.

“Ek Phool” also has a duet by Lata & Talat that is uncharacteristically for Talat, sung in a very racy style. But that song "Dil Aye Dil" still is very entertaining. There are two rock n roll songs sung in English by Iqbal Singh. They are utter delights. Singh Saab was simply electrifying on his feet doing the dance and singing all at the same time. My DVD had only one of his songs, “Beautiful”. But the CD also had his second song, “Bombshell”. They almost sound the same but are different. I am uploading both of them here. Another song that is worth mentioning is Lataji’s solo, “Banwaari Re”.

I am uploading these and other songs from this fine album in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Ek Phool Char Kante (1960)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this popular album...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Jhumroo (1961)

Besides writing its story and acting in it, Kishoreda for the first time composed music for this film. With umpteen songs reflecting many moods the songs literally overwhelm you. The album is at once zany, racy, catchy, melodious and many other things. It showcases what Kishoreda can do with his voice. Some songs are so so and some are very very good. Kishore yodels his heart out in several of these songs, three to be exact. Listen to the song "Ge Ge Ge Geli". Only Kishoreda can sing such a zany song. Here is another song that is really racy, "Aye Baablu Baablu". How about the catchy one, "Main Hoon Jhum Jhum". Then he comes up with an utterly melodious and supremely melancholic and one of my favorites, "Humdum Na Raha". I can go on and on describing these songs...

The song “Thandi Hawa” is another beautiful song from this film. It appears four times in the film, almost all in very quick succession in the beginning of the film.

I am uploading these and other songs, some specials, and various instrumentals in five back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain all songs from the film. The third post contains some specials. Please note that because of the poor audio quality of some of these songs, I am uploading them at 128 KBPS. The final two posts contain instrumentals of “Koi Humdum” and “Thandi Hawa”.

A note on the song, “Koi Humdum”. A similar song was sung by Kishoreda’s older brother, Dadamoni in 1936. Both songs have the same beginnings. The song was from Ashok Kumar’s debut making film, “Jeevan Naiya”. I am including this song in the third post. Also, Dadamoni talks about it in the introduction to Kishoreda’s version. It is also included in the third post.

Here are the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Jhumroo (1961)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...
swarapriya
Jhumroo (1961) - Some Specials

Here are some specials related tot his film...
swarapriya
Jhumroo (1961) - Instrumentals

Here are some instrumentals of the song "Koi Humdum" from the film...
swarapriya
Jhumroo (1961) - More Instrumentals

Here are some more instrumentals of the song "Koi Humdum" and "Thandi Hawa" from the film...
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Khazanchi (1958)

Here are the songs from this film...
soumik

Thanks for this wonderful album...

Soumik

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 16 2015, 06:48 PM) *

swarapriya
QUOTE(soumik @ Aug 20 2015, 11:06 PM) *

Thanks for this wonderful album...

Soumik

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 16 2015, 06:48 PM) *

You are very welcome Soumik. Cheers.
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Aya Sawan Jhoom Ke (1969)

In this routine predictable run-of-the-mill film the only redeeming feature is its music. A typical LP & Anand Bakshi Saab affair. I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Aya Sawan Jhoom Ke (1969)"...

swarapriya
(Majrooh Sultanpuri) Maya (1961)

This film did not do that well at the box office in spite of all the right ingredients going for it. One of the main reasons is that it spent too much time on the baddie played by Jayant and leaves little room for the major players. What lifts this film from an ordinary drama to something watchable is its catchy music. Salilda came up with several winners. The duet by Lata and Rafi Saab, “Tasveer Teri Dil Mein”, became enormously popular. My favorite is Lata’s lovely melodious song, “Jaa Re, Jaa Re Udd Jaa Re”. The dual song “Aye Dil” is another winner. Dwijen Mukherjee joined Lata in another pleasing duet, “Phir Ek Baar”. Mukherjee’s voice has an impeccable resemblance to that of Hemantda’s. I almost thought that it was Hemantda who was singing these songs.

I am uploading these songs, some music clips, a few version songs, and some instrumentals in five back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain all the songs and some music clips from the film. The third post contains a few version songs. The fourth post contains instrumentals of the lovely “Jaa Re”. Finally, the last post contains some instrumentals of the popular duet, “Tasveer Teri Dil Mein”.

swarapriya
Concluding Songs & Some MUsic Clips from "Maya (1961)"...

Here are rest of the songs and some music clips from the film...
swarapriya
A Few Version Songs of "Maya (1961)"...

Here are a few version songs...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of the Song "Jaa Re" from "Maya (1961)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the song "Jaa Re" from the film...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of the Song "Tasveer Teri" from "Maya (1961)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the popular song "Tasveer Teri Dil Mein" from the film...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.