Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shair Aur Sargam
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Kunwari (1966)

I do not have any details about this movie. But you can count on Tripathiji for good songs. This film has a few of them. Solos by Mukeshji, Lataji, and Talat Saab stand out. Here are the songs…
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Joroo ka Ghulam (1972)

This movie has a simple story about a loving couple that eventually evolves into a fine comedy. Rajesh Khanna is great as “Ghulam”. There are only few songs in the film, all very brief in length. But all of them are very good. My favorites are “Baras Gayi”, “Hum Do”, and “Nainon Mein”. If I have to pick one I will go with “Nainon Mein.”

Here are these and other songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Hare Kanch ki Chooriyan (1967)

Kishore Sahu who produced and directed this film also wrote its story, screenplay and dialogues. Besides he also introduced Naina Sahu, his daughter as its heroine. The story dealt with the hardships of an unwed mother. The only difference here is that instead of submitting to harshness of the society in general and people in particular, she single handedly faces them by fighting it out and standing tall without losing her dignity in the process.

The songs are highlight of the film, especially two of them. One is the duet by Asha & Rafi Saab and the other one is the solo by Asha. Especially Ashaji’s song (the title song) is probably one of her best ones. She puts so much sweetness and love in her voice that one can feel it touching the heart and giving goosebumps. Shankar & Jaikishan were the music directors.

I am uploading all songs and a few music clips in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Hare Kanch ki Chooriyan (1967)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this film...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Do Chor (1972)

This hit film now seems very dated. The pairing of pretty Tanuja and dashing Dharmendra probably have something to do with its success. Apparently RD’s music also was a major part. There are only five songs in the film. Most of them became popular. The chartbuster was the duet “Kaali Palak.” But for me the song “Mora Chhota Sa” takes the cake. Its composition was intricately complicated. Yet Lataji sang this song magnificently.

Incidentally Tanuja’s real life mother, Shobhna Samarth, had a supporting role in the film; also as her mother. Almost all of her scenes were shown in a bed in a hospital as an indisposed person.

I am uploading these and other songs from the film plus a couple of music clips in two back-to-back posts below. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Do Chor (1972)"...

Here are rest of the songs and a few music clips from the film...
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Badi Didi (1969)

This is simply a boring family drama with utterly nonsensical storyline. Very forgettable movie. Same goes for its music and songs. Jeetendra had a miniscule role. Mahmood was totally unnecessary in the film. It was Nanda’s movie all the way.

Here are the songs…
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Love in Tokyo (1966)

Songs from this film were recently uploaded elsewhere in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry752879

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Mome ki Gudiya (1972)

This film was written, produced, and directed by Mohan Kumar. It is a twisted story where “parents” force their young daughter to marry wealthy old men against her wishes and have her rob them. The movie ends up as a courtroom drama where Prem Nath as a defense lawyer gives a speech on morals it seemed like for nearly 20 minutes. In the end the movie is a total disappointment.

The highlight of the movie however was Anand Bakshi Saab, who not only wrote the lyrics for the songs but also sang two of them; one a duet with Lataji, and the other a lengthy solo. I thought he did a great job of singing. Incidentally the duet he sang with Lataji, “Baaghon Mein”, was based on the famous tune of the 1970 Punjabi hit song “Judon Holi.” It was sung by the inimitable and the great one madam Noor Jehanji. Bakshi Wazir Saab was its composer.

I read somewhere that the song “Baaghon Mein” originally was to be recorded with Kishoreda’s voice. For some reason when he did not show up for the recording session, the director decided to have Bakshi Saab sing that portion. I am not sure how accurate this information is. I have my doubts because Bakshi Saab also sang nearly a 9 minute solo. Was Kishoreda a no show for that too?

I am uploading these and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Mome ki Gudiya (1972)"...

swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Latt Saheb (1967)

The movie has a familiar theme and familiar characters. The one difference here is that it was shot I believe in Kashmir. Another one is its music. It was again the dependable music director duo, Shankar & Jaikishan. Couple of songs are really catchy; Rafi Saab’s “Savere Waali Gaadi” and his duet with Asha, “Tann Mein Agan”.

Incidentally in most of these types of movies Pran used to be the villain. In this film it is Prem Chopra. Chopra was okay, but still he was an up and coming actor and his performance makes you wish it was Pran.

I am uploading these and other songs from the film and several music clips plus a couple of version songs in three back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Few Music Clips from the film "Latt Saheb (1967)"...

Here are a few music clips from this film...
swarapriya
Few Version Songs from the film "Latt Saheb (1967)"...

Here are a couple of version songs and an instrumental of the song "Jaane Mera" from this film...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Ek Nazar (1972)

This is one of Amitabh’s early films. In this he was paired with his future wife Jaya Bhaduri for the first time. He played the role of a poet and Jaya a prostitute. Nothing new here. The second half of the picture ends up as a murder mystery with many twists and turns.

The film was directed by B.R. Ishara. He had an artistic eye to capture scenes in a novel way. Unfortunately here he was dealing with an oft told story that let him down.

One great thing about this movie was its music, songs, and lyrics. All songs in this film are ghazals. Majrooh Saab penned unforgettable lyrics. A note about the song “Patta Patta.” The first two couplets of this ghazal were initially penned by the famous poet Meer Taqi Meer of 19th century. He was from India. Almost all famous ghazal singers have sang sometime or other their own version of Meer Saab’s ghazal.

Incidentally actor Raza Murad was introduced in this film. He had a substantial role in the film.

Here are all the songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Bhai Bahen (1969)

Here is yet another drab and dull family drama with the same old story and predictable happenings. This one has so many absurdities that it was difficult to watch. For example, the patriarch of the house punishes his servants by using a cane when they unknowingly err in not following the house imposed rules. This type of punishment is even extended to his own grown up son that leads to ensuing unexpected tragedy.

The music of the movie was by Shankar & Jaikishan. Alas. What a letdown. This probably was one of their (I know Jaikishan passed away already – Shankar is the only music director) worst outings.

Amongst all these mundane happenings there was one bright spot. That was the performance of actor Pran. He turned in such an easy going performance as a baddie that you cannot help but admire his prowess.

Here are the songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Pinjre ke Panchhi (1966)

More you know about Salil Chowdhury, the noted music director of Bengali, Hindi, and Malayalam films, the more you want to know about him. (See his picture below). Most of us know him as a great composer. But he was much more than that. He was a poet, playwright, story writer, screenplay writer, and director. For example, he wrote the story and screenplay for this film apart from composing its music and directing.

Salilda was a musical genius. He was an expert with many different types of musical instruments. He grew up in the hills of Assam and much of his music drew inspiration from this. He was a member of the Indian Peoples Theater Association (IPTA), the cultural wing of the Communist Party of India. This was when he was barely 20. It gave him an opportunity to travel all over West Bengal to bring his songs and music even to remote villages.

For this film he utilized talents of lyricists Shailendra and Gulzar. Shailendraji wrote all but one song for the film. Gulzarji wrote the song “Aisa Hoga” and dialogues of the film. Hrishikesh Mukherjee, a notable director already, was the editor of the film.

The film deals with two escaped hardcore jail birds played by Balraj Sahni and Mahmood who become softened helping a hapless woman, played by Meena Kumari. Sahni Saab did not have much role in the film. It was all Mahmood, from beginning to end, here playing a comic as well as a serious role.

Both solos by Lata from this film are just exquisite. This film was earlier made in Bengali. I am also uploading Bengali versions of Lataji’s two solos here. One of them also was sung by Lataji.

Here is the sweet treat…
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Piya ka Ghar (1972)

This sweet little film was based on the 1970 Marathi hit “Mumbaicha Jaanwai.” It tells the story about a newly married young couple trying to consummate their marriage. They fail many times because of lack of privacy. The problem is the crowded housing in Mumbai where they have to share the space in a 2-bedroom apartment with parents, a married older brother, and a school going younger brother.

Rajshri Productions have made many wholesome pictures. This one also is in that tradition. There are only four songs in the film. All of them are good. Song of the album is Kishoreda’s touching “Ye Jeevan Hai.”

I am uploading this and other songs from the film with a few music clips and a special below. Here are they…
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Raat aur Din (1967)

In this film Nargis Dutt played a woman with a split personality. Nargisji was persuaded out of retirement to act in just one more film, this one, by her brother actor Anwar Hussain. Nargis, a great actress she was, agreed and slipped into the role splendidly. She won the very first (1967) National Film Award for Best Actress for her portrayal in this film.

Apart from Nargis Dutt’s fine performance, the music of Shankar & Jaikishan was a big plus for the movie. All songs from the film became very popular. S&J were assisted by Dattaram & Sebastian D’Souza.

A note about a couple of songs from the film. Mukesh’s version of the song “Raat Aur Din” was left out of the movie. Also, probably the song by Bhupinder Singh, “Jagat Mein” even though I am not completely sure about this. Neither one was in the DVD I watched the movie in. This was the only song Bhupinder sang for Shankar & Jaikishan.

Even with an excellent performance by the principal actress and great songs by S&J, the movie failed at the box-office. The main culprit was that the story was not fully developed. On the top of it, the sure-handed director Satyen Bose did not take care of all the loose ends properly to make the story more heart renderingly gripping. And there was Feroze Khan in a supporting role. As it is he did not get much screen time. His role was completely superfluous and his presence was wasted.

I am uploading all songs and a few instrumentals in three back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Raat aur Din (1967)"...

Here are the rest of the songs, few music clips, and a couple of specials about the songs from the film...
swarapriya
Few Instrumentals of the Songs from "Raat aur Din (1967)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the songs from the film...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Garam Masala (1972)

This movie is as bad as it gets except for a few nice songs. Both duets by Ashaji and Rafi Saab are very good. RD had a complex orchestration for the song “Tum Jaison.” Ashaji comes through in flying colors in interpreting that song in her usual sweet voice.

Here are these and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Garam Masala (1972)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...
swarapriya
(Shailendra) April Fool (1964)

I have uploaded songs from this abum this earlier last April 1. I am doing this again to celebrate this day again...

Shankar & Jaikishan made sure that this day, April 1, celebrated as an All Fool's Day around the world, will be remembered by the Indian music lovers forever by composing some of their beautiful and memorable music for this film. Subodh Mukherjee, who introduced Saira Banu in "Junglee" in 1960, is back here with another winner with her in this film.

All songs from this film were chart busters. S&J were assisted by Sebastian and Dattaram.

The song “Aa Gale Lag Jaa” I am uploading here has over 5 minutes of music preceding it. This is the “Pool Aquatics Show” in the movie. I am also uploading this separately as a music clip in the third post.

I am uploading all of the hit songs plus a few music clips from the film in three back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "April Fool (1964)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine musical...
swarapriya
Few Music Clips from "April Fool (1964)"...

Here are a few music clips from the film...
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Doli (1969)

This movie was based on the 1965 Telugu hit “Thene Manasulu.” In a daring experiment, director Subba Rao introduced all newcomers and shot that movie in color. His gamble paid off when the movie became a hit.

Subba Rao also directed this Hindi film. None of the actors in this film were newcomers but Babita, Prem Chopra and Rajesh Khanna were still fresh faces. This film was also a success.

Most of the songs from the film became popular. My personal favorite is Asha’s solo “Aaj Main.” I am uploading this and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Doli (1969)"...

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Raaste Kaa Patthar (1972)

This film was adapted from Billy Wilder’s 1960 multiple Oscar winning Hollywood film “The Apartment.” But if that English film was brilliant and considered to be a classic, this adaptation is dull and very forgettable. There are a couple of songs that are nice however. It is the title song and for me the song of the album, a duet by Asha and Mukesh, “Main Hardum Kisi Ko.” Here are these and other songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Double Cross (1972)

Besides being the hero of this film, Vijay Anand co-wrote its screenplay, wrote the dialogues, and was its editor. It was directed by his nephew Gogi Anand.

Vijay wore a wig that looked simply horrendous. It seemed like that he was in almost all scenes in the film. He played a double role. The movie was simply bad.

RD composed its music. Unfortunately his songs were also not up to par that one expects from him. Only background music was effective. I am sharing several music clips from the movie.

I am uploading all the songs and the above mentioned music clips from the film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Music Clips from "Double Cross (1972)"...

Here are a few music clips from this movie...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Brahmachari (1968)

Songs from this film were recently uploaded in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry752965

swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Ek Shriman Ek Shrimati (1969)

The only thing going for this utterly forgettable movie is its songs. Babita looked very dull with the proceedings and appeared to be disinterested in the film. On the top of it, she was very shabbily photographed. Shashi, mimicking his older brother Shammi, was already showing signs of bulging in wrong places. Those skin-tight shirts he was wearing did not help. Om Prakash gave a good performance.

As mentioned earlier, Kalyanji & Anandji’s music desperately tried to lift the movie from its doldrums. But for no avail. All three solos by Rafi Saab and the duet “Jeevan Path” by Lataji and Rafi Saab are good. The latter song indeed is very good. However it is not included in the film. It is only available on records.

Here are these and the rest of the songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Pyar Mohabbat (1966)

All songs from this film were recently uploaded in this very thread. They are avilable starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry752899

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Raja Jani (1972)

This popular movie tells the same old story that has been the basis for many other movies that came before this. No new ground was broken. What makes the movie interesting is that here the girl chases the boy instead of so many movies where the boy chases the girl. In this case the girl is Hema and the boy is Dharam. In this movie, they make a great pair. Hema was photographed beautifully and she gave a delightful performance. She was clearly enjoying chasing Dharamji. LP’s music also helped. Almost all songs are good to listen to. Lata has five solos and Kishoreda one solo that is shown during the titles.

Here are the songs from the film…
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Duniya (1968)

This movie was produced by Amarjeet, who was a close friend of Dev Anand and his publicist forever. He made several movies with Dev. The best known of his films was “Teen Deviyan (1965).” Unfortunately in this film he took an old and often tried subject. It does not take much to guess what is happening except the unexpected ending. The movie did average business at the box-office.

Over an hour of the film in the second half is spent in the courtroom. Whatever the songs are there, they are all covered in a hurry within the first hour. Something different about this courtroom drama was that there were as many twists and turns as in a pretzel. For example the accused murderer (Suresh) brought to witness stand to give testimony against himself! Then the prosecutor (Balraj Sahni) tries to shift the murder on the defense attorney. Not to be left behind, the defense attorney (Dev Anand) in turn proves that it was the prosecutor himself who was the murderer. The movie does not end there. An unusual witness (a dog) identifies the real murderer in the end. Ugh!

Shankar & Jaikishan were the music directors. Couple of songs were good; duet by Asha and Kishoreda, “Dooriyaan Nazdeekiyaan” and a solo by Rafi Saab “Falsafa Pyaar Ka.”

I am uploading all songs and a few instrumentals in three back-to-back posts. A note about the title song, “Duniya Isi Ka Naam.” It appeared four times in the film; first three all different. The fourth one is identical to the first one except for the music preceding it. I am uploading all four parts here. In the CD, all these four parts are combined into one song. For completeness sake I am also including it here.

Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Duniya (1968)"...

swarapriya
Instrumentals of Songs from "Duniya (1968)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the songs from this film...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Gomti ke Kinare (1972)

This was the last film in which great Meena Kumari acted in. She was ailing and the producers were not sure whether they will be able to finish the film. In spite of bad health she committed herself to finish the movie which she did. No sooner the film was completed she passed away. The movie was released posthumously. It starts with a picture of her with words dedicating the film to her memory.

The movie was the directorial debut of the lyricist Saawan Kumar Tak. He also was the producer of the film. He did not write the lyrics for the film. Interestingly, Shakti Samanta’s hit film “Amar Prem,” that also came the same year as “Gomti” also has shades of similar storyline. Both films had music by R.D. Burman.

RD was flying high during this period, but the songs for this film are not up to his par. Except for one. The song by Lataji, “Aaj Toh Meri” is a real beauty. Lataji’s voice reflects the sounds of echoes of suffering and the pathos finely penned by Majrooh Saab. Here is this and other songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Intaquam (1969)

Sadhana came back from illness which sidelined her for some time to star in this film. It was directed by her husband R.K. Nayyar who also wrote its story. He lifted the story from the 1930 Hollywood film “Paid” that starred Joan Crawford. Sadhana in some scenes still looked indisposed but managed to pull it through. The movie was a hit thanks to its songs almost all of which became very popular.

It seems like the song “Aa Jaan-E-Jaan” was the first cabaret song Lata ever sang. This was a chartbuster. But the most popular song of the film was “Kaise Rahun Chhup.” This song was on “Binaca Geetmala” forever it seemed like. In this song, Lataji again was singing against her usual type. These type of songs were usually reserved for Ashaji but here in this film she sang them anyway. My favorite from the film is Rafi Saab’s soul stirring heartbreaker “Jo Unn Ki.”

Here are these and other songs from the film…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Intaquam (1969)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from the film...
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Suraj (1966)

All songs and some instrumentals of the songs from this film were uploaded in this very thread. These are available at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry752932

Nandu
Swarapriya Ji are you fine?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.