Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shair Aur Sargam
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Bewaqoof (1960)

It is a tragedy that we make comedies like this film. I.S. Johar besides having a major role in the film also was its story writer, producer, and director. Major problem with the movie was that the director could not decide whether it should be a comedy or a serious drama. An attempt to do this usually fails. That was the problem here. Besides, in the last third of the movie with Kishoreda in prison Johar provided all the limelight on himself coming up with heroics to prove innocence of his pal.

Both Kishore and Johar go through various disguises in the film. In one scene both leading ladies were disguised as men whereas both the men were disguised as women. In another scene we see Johar as an older woman trying to woo two older men. These antics simply go on and on with absurd lectures on moralities by various characters. The only bright spot among this goings on was Pran. A routine for him may be, but nevertheless it was a good performance. There was even a song picturized on him.

I read an article about how there was an advertisement gimmick played out for this film. Fans were asked to submit comments about the movie with prizes for the two top winners. The second prize winner said he was a “bewaqoof” because he did not see the movie “Bewaqoof”. The top prize went to a person who sent the comment that he was a “bewaqoof” because he watched the movie “Bewaqoof”!

Usually reliable SD, here he was assisted by RD, came up with an average score. There is a song by Rafi Saab in the film, “Hum Toh Hain”, but Rafi Saab was not listed in the credits. I am not sure why the omission.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Bewaqoof (1960)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this film...
swarapriya
Soumik,

The "Humming" song you have requested from "Bewaqoof" is the beginning of the duet "Tumhi Piya". This song is given in the above post. However, I am uploading that portion of the song below to fulfill your request...

Cheers,
S
soumik

Thanks Swarapriyabhai for all the songs...

Soumik

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 8 2015, 08:53 PM) *

Soumik,

The "Humming" song you have requested from "Bewaqoof" is the beginning of the duet "Tumhi Piya". This song is given in the above post. However, I am uploading that portion of the song below to fulfill your request...

Cheers,
S

swarapriya
QUOTE(soumik @ Feb 8 2015, 08:28 AM) *

Thanks Swarapriya for all the songs...

Soumik

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 8 2015, 08:53 PM) *

Soumik,

Cheers,
S

You are very welcome Soumik. Cheers.
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Bhabhi (1957)

This family drama enjoyed unprecedented success. One of the main reasons was that the southern actress Pandari Bai who played the title role had a major impact. Her homely demeanor, wholesome appearance, and effortless warmth with which she portrayed her role were so natural and disarming that viewers took the movie to their heart. The great veteran actor Balraj Sahni also added much of the appeal to the film. The other significant reason was its music. Almost every song became immensely popular.

Watching the movie now I have different opinion about it. Over the years, for better or worse my views on many things have changed. As far as dated family dramas go this movie was definitely a better one. But if you think seriously about the portrayal of the people as depicted in this film one wonders how come these people are so one dimensional. You encounter people in this film who are either simply sweet or annoyingly atrocious. There is nobody in between.

Actor Jagdeep, who later found his niche as a comedian, had a starring role in this movie. When AVM’s "Hum Panchhi Ek Daal Ke" released earlier the same year in 1957 became an artistic and commercial success in which Jagdeep had a major role, they signed him for a multi-movie contract. “Bhabhi” and a couple of other movies that were made by AVM had Jagdeep in some major roles.

As mentioned earlier, much of the success movie enjoyed owed in a significant part to its music. This movie has beautifully composed songs by Chitraguptji to the rich lyrics of Rajinder Krishanji. Krishanji also wrote the dialogues for the film. Rafi Saab had some great solos, especially the song “Chal Udd Jaa Re”. Both the duets by Lataji and Rafi Saab are also melodious to listen to.

The movie starts with the song “Chal Udd Jaa Re” as the titles roll and ends with it. In between the song appears two more times. All of these except for the last one are different. I am uploading these three parts here. The fourth part that I am not uploading here is only 27 seconds duration and repeats the first line “Chal Udd Jaa Re”.

I am also uploading a version song of "Chal Udd Jaa Re" sung by Talat Saab. Talatji’s son claimed that this was originally recorded for the film and later was replaced by Rafi Saab’s version. Apparently per the Hindi Film Geet Kosh this was a version song Talat Saab later recorded. A great singer Talat was, he could not match the range of the song that it demanded which Rafi Saab could. In Rafi Saab’s voice this song elevated to greater heights.

I am uploading these and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Bhabhi (1957)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 9 2015, 07:40 PM) *

This family drama enjoyed unprecedented success. One of the main reasons was that the southern actress Pandari Bai who played the title role had a major impact. Her homely demeanor, wholesome appearance, and effortless warmth with which she portrayed her role were so natural and disarming that viewers took the movie to their heart. The great veteran actor Balraj Sahni also added much of the appeal to the film. The other significant reason was its music. Almost every song became immensely popular.

Watching the movie now I have different opinion about it. Over the years, for better or worse my views on many things have changed. As far as dated family dramas go this movie was definitely a better one. But if you think seriously about the portrayal of the people as depicted in this film one wonders how come these people are so one dimensional. You encounter people in this film who are either simply sweet or annoyingly atrocious. There is nobody in between.

Actor Jagdeep, who later found his niche as a comedian, had a starring role in this movie. When AVM's "Hum Panchhi Ek Daal Ke" released earlier the same year in 1957 became an artistic and commercial success in which Jagdeep had a major role, they signed him for a multi-movie contract. "Bhabhi" and a couple of other movies that were made by AVM had Jagdeep in some major roles.

As mentioned earlier, much of the success movie enjoyed owed in a significant part to its music. Rajinder Krishanji, who also wrote the dialogues for the film, wrote some beautiful lyrics for the songs. This movie has beautifully composed songs by Chitraguptji to the rich lyrics of Rajinder Krishanji. Rafi Saab had some great solos. Both the duets by Lataji and Rafi Saab are also melodious to listen to.

The movie starts with the song "Chal Udd Jaa Re" as the titles roll and ends with it. In between the song appears two more times. All of these except for the last one are different. I am uploading these three parts here. The fourth part that I am not uploading here is only 27 seconds duration and repeats the first line "Chal Udd Jaa Re".

I am also uploading a version song of "Chal Udd Jaa Re" sung by Talat Saab. Talatji's son claimed that this was originally recorded for the film and later was replaced by Rafi Saab's version. Apparently per the Hindi Film Geet Kosh this was a version song Talat Saab later recorded. A great singer Talat was, he could not match the range of the song that it demanded which Rafi Saab could. In Rafi Saab's voice this song elevated to greater heights.

I am uploading these and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…

dear Swarapriya

the song hai bohot dino ki baat --nautanki laila majnu is also having RAFI sahab's voice along mannadey & balbir ji.

just correction

thanks

swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Feb 9 2015, 08:41 AM) *

Dear Swarapriya

the song hai bohot dino ki baat --nautanki laila majnu is also having RAFI sahab's voice along mannadey & balbir ji.

just correction

thanks

My Dear Taiyab,

It was a mistake on my part to omit Rafi Saab's name in the song. But one of our learned members Exon shares that the third singer is S.D. Batish. Would you or anyone else can please check this in the Geet Kosh and clear it up? Thanks. Incidentally, the DVD does not list any singers names.

Cheers,
S

ketaki shukla
Hi Swarapriya,

Thank you so much for this wonderful album.

Keep it up

Ketaki
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 10 2015, 06:19 AM) *

Dear Swarapriya

just correction

thanks

My Dear Taiyab,

It was a mistake on my part to omit Rafi Saab's name in the song. But one of our learned members Exon shares that the third singer is S.D. Batish. Would you or anyone else can please check this in the Geet Kosh and clear it up? Thanks. Incidentally, the DVD does not list any singers names.

Cheers,
S

dear swarapriya I have heard the song it is definetly rafi sahib & also HFGK also claims it.

thanks

swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Feb 11 2015, 01:02 AM) *

Dear Swarapriya

just correction

thanks

My Dear Taiyab,

Cheers,
S

dear swarapriya I have heard the song it is definetly rafi sahib & also HFGK also claims it.

thanks

Thank you Taiyab. Actually I was referring to the third singer. Besides Mannada and Rafi Saab, is the third singer Balbirji or Batishji? All sources I have checked give Balbirji as the third singer but per Exon could it be Batishji?

Cheers,
S

taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 11 2015, 08:41 PM) *
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Feb 11 2015, 01:02 AM) *

Dear Swarapriya

just correction

thanks

My Dear Taiyab,

Cheers,
S

thanks

Thank you Taiyab. Actually I was referring to the third singer. Besides Mannada and Rafi Saab, is the third singer Balbirji or Batishji? All sources I have checked give Balbirji as the third singer but per Exon could it be Batishji?

Cheers,
S

swarapriya
(Shailendra) Hum Bhi Insaan Hain (1959)

This movie with music by Hemantda has several good songs. Unfortunately the audio quality of some of the songs in not up to paar. I am uploading these at a lower bit rate. Here is a first. Hemantda composed a song with Subir Sen as a co-singer of Geeta, the duet “Gori Tere”. Many felt that Sen’s voice is closer to that of Hemantda. Therefore it is kind of interesting to see this. Song of the album is the melodious duet of Geetaji and Suman Kalyanpur, “Phulwa Bann Mehke”. Beautiful indeed!

Here are these and other songs from this album…
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Palki (1967)

Naushadji was one of the musical geniuses the Hindi film industry has ever known. The simplicity of his tunes and his understanding of classical music and its influence on his song compositions time and again have enriched compositions of many unforgettable melodies of various films he worked on. Apart from being a great musician, he also wrote poetry. For Hariharan's ghazal album "Aathwaan Sur" not only he composed music but also wrote all of the lyrics of the ghazals. For this movie, "Palki", we find Naushadji's another facet. The movie was based on the story he wrote. Naushad Saab, a great multi-faceted genius he certainly was!

This film is embellished with Shakeel Saab's rich lyrics. The song "Aye Shehar-E-Lucknow" reminds me of another great song written by Shakeel Saab, "Yeh Lucknow Ki Sar Zameen" for Guru Dutt's classic "Chaudhvin Ka Chand (1960)". Thus Shakeel Saab got a chance to pay magnificent tribute to the history, people, and traditions of that great city twice.

Here is a note about the two parts of the song “Mere Ghar Se”. The original sound track CD album of the film contains the first part of this song (solo by Mannada). But the movie version of the song, this second part I am also uploading here, has just about the same words and was sung by Lata, Mannada, and Rafi Saab. This may be because initially Naushad Saab probably wanted to use only Manna’s voice for the song and recorded it. But later on changed mind about it and had the song sung by three singers. If there is a different story about this, I would like to hear it.

I am uploading these and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Palki (1967)"...

soumik
Tumhi Ho Piya Chikara -

Only 4-5 words by Manna Dey in the full song (not even picturised on any artists)....
Could not understand why he has been used in the song unnecessaryly along with KK & Asha???

Soumik

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 8 2015, 08:45 PM) *

Concluding Songs from "Bewaqoof (1960)"...

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Jaal (1967)

Mala Sinha, who was beautifully photographed, dominated the proceedings of this routine crime drama. One song lifted a less than average score by LP. The song “Akela Hoon” by Rafi Saab is simply outstanding. Rafi Saab used a subdued voice to sing this song to suit the ambiance of the scenes. The song appeared piecemeal three times in the movie. I am uploading all three portions here. Here is this song and others from this film in two back-to-back posts…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Jaal (1967)"...

swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Yahudi (1958)

Songs from this film were recently posted in this very thread. If anyone has interest, I will be happy to re-post them again.

swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Godmother (1999)

This film was based on the life of Santokben Jadeja (see her photo attached below) of Gujarat state. She was an underworld gangster who later was elected as an MLA from Kutiyana in Porbandar. Shabana Azmi portrayed her in the film that won many National honors. Here is a list of these awards…

• Best Feature film in Hindi.
• Shabana as the Best Actress.
• Vishal Bharadwaj as the Best Music Director.
• Javed Akhtar Saab as the Best Lyricist for the song “Maati Re Maati Re”.
• Sanjeev Abhyankar as the Best Playback Singer for the song “Suno Re Suno Re”.
• Renu Saluja as the Best Editor.

Raima Sen, the daughter of Moon Moon Sen and the granddaughter of Suchitra Sen, was introduced in this film. In a limited role she made her mark as a sensitive actress.

The song “Maati Re Maati Re” appeared four times in the film, each time with different verbiage. I am uploading all these four versions here. The singer list in the DVD shows Alka Yagnik and Udit Narayan also as singers. I have not found their songs either in the DVD or in the CD. If anyone of you have these songs please kindly share with rest of us.

I am uploading songs and some music clips from the film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…

Click to view attachment
swarapriya
Music Clips from "Godmother (1999)"...

Here are some music clips from this multiple award winning film...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Pehli Raat (1959)

This film was based on the early Telugu hit “Modati Raathri” made in 1950. It is Nimmi’s movie all the way. There are many other characters come and go but basically Nimmi is nearly in most of the scenes. There are many songs in this film composed by Ravi. Of these “Aurat Ko”, “Hum Ko”, and “Ruk Ruk” stand out. Especially Rafi Saab’s solo “Ruk Ruk” is simply superb.

I am uploading these songs and others in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Pehli Raat (1959)"...

swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Champakali (1957)

Nandlal Jaswantlal, who directed this movie for Filmistan, was on a roll with several musical hits in a row to his credit. These included “Anarkali” in 1953, “Nagin” in 1954, “Taj” in 1956, and this film, all made by Filmistan. One common trait of all these movies was they had lyrics written by Rajinder Krishan (most of Anarkali’s). Last three movies had music by Hemant Kumar and were assisted by Ravi. If “been” was the musical instrument in “Nagin”, “baansuri” was central to “Taj” and “Champakali”.

I am not certain how successful this movie was but it has several good songs in it. I am uploading these in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Champakali (1957)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Insaan Jaag Utha (1959)

Producer and director Shakti Samanta who made many popular entertainers was experimenting with this film trying to go serious. But an inconsistent storyline and patchy screenplay did not help the proceedings even though some of the songs sparkled. Samanta waited another 10 years to break the mold with his triumphant “Aaradhana”.

Here is another fine album from Burmanda. Especially couple of songs just ooze with honeyed melody that was a trademark of many songs of Burmanda. These are “Chaand Sa Mukhda”, a duet by Asha and Rafi Saab, and the other is “Jaanu Jaanu Re”, also a duet, but this time by Asha and Geetaji. Another song that also appealing is the solo by Asha, “Baat Badhti Gayi”. Jaidev and RD were assistants to Burmanda.

Two years earlier, in 1957, Madhubala walked out of B.R. Chopra's "Naya Daur" in a dispute as its leading lady. The dispute finally landed in the court where Madhubala eventually lost the suit. Here she was given another chance in this Shakti Samanta's musical film to reprise a similar role that her replacement Vyjayanti Mala played in “Naya Daur”. Made up to look glamorous or not, with Madhubala’s role set in a rural environment, her effervescence still pervades the movie with enlightening and enchanting energy.

Samanta Saab shot this movie almost entirely outdoors. The locale was Nagarjuna Sagar, in then Andhra Pradesh and now in Telangana, where the dam was under construction at that time. The site, the atmosphere, and the buzz associated with the work of the dam fitted well like a glove with the movie's theme.

I am uploading the above mentioned songs and others from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Insaan Jaag Utha (1959)"...

swarapriya
(Shakeel) Ram Aur Shyam (1967)

"Gunga Jumna (1961)" was the last major hit Dilip Saab enjoyed until the release of "Ram Aur Shyam" in1967. With the huge money spent on it, "Leader (1964)" could barely garner its investment back. "Dil Diya Dard Liya (1966)" met a similar fate. Failure of his films was unfamiliar ground for Dilip Saab. This film changed that.

This movie was first made in Telugu. Its name was "Ramudu Bheemudu (1964)". It was a huge hit. Later it was remade in Tamil with equal success. When Dilipji was approached to play not one but two roles of twin brothers in the movie, he jumped at the opportunity to play a dual role. This was a first in his richly illustrious career.

Incidentally, Vyjayanti Mala was originally cast to play one of the heroines in the movie. Two weeks of the movie also was in the can. By this time Vyjayanti Mala drifted away from Dilipji and firmly entrenched in Raj Kapoor's camp, even though she made only two movies with Raj (“Nazrana (1961)” and “Sangam (1964)”). It was reported that this irritated Dilip Saab to no end and he was in no mood to work with her as his costar. The production was dragging under this cloud. It was difficult to work for all those involved given the reality of the situation. Vyjayanti Mala withdrew herself from the movie and was replaced almost immediately by Waheeda Rehman. After that the production went without a hitch.

Many film observers and critics believe that this was the movie that finally established Mumtaz as a full-fledged and bankable star even though she had many earlier successes in supporting roles and as heroine to Dara Singh in several of his films. This was a long time coming and she richly deserved the break. Interestingly neither Mumtaz nor Waheeda had much of a role in the film. It was all Dilipji from the beginning to the end.

This is another movie which fetched Dilip Saab the Best Actor Award from Filmfare. It was almost a routine thing to expect his winning these awards if he appeared in a movie. This movie also inspired later "Seeta Aur Geeta (1972)" with roles of twin brothers switched to twin sisters. These roles were played by Hema Malini that also fetched her the Best Actress Award from Filmfare. Salim and Javed took the credit for the story even though it was not their original idea.

Here are the songs...
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 18 2015, 09:33 PM) *

This film was based on the early Telugu hit "Modati Raathri" made in 1950. It is Nimmi's movie all the way. There are many other characters come and go but basically Nimmi is nearly in most of the scenes. There are many songs in this film composed by Ravi. Of these "Aurat Ko", "Hum Ko", and "Ruk Ruk" stand out. Especially Rafi Saab's solo "Ruk Ruk" is simply superb.

I am uploading these songs and others in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…

Dear HF members

the song AURAT TO BITHAYE DIL MAIN TUMHAIN, is not listed in HFGK.

it is also not listed in Talat Mehmood .net although on Youtube there is one video

the female singer do not seems to be ASHAJI, more of SUDHA MALHOTRA.

any comment from other members.

taiyab

swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Feb 21 2015, 12:24 PM) *

Dear HF members

the song AURAT TO BITHAYE DIL MAIN TUMHAIN, is not listed in HFGK.

it is also not listed in Talat Mehmood .net although on Youtube there is one video

the female singer do not seems to be ASHAJI, more of SUDHA MALHOTRA.

any comment from other members.

taiyab

My Dear Taiyab,

The song "Aurat Toh" may not be listed in HFGK and in Talat Saab's website, but it is in the DVD. That is where I got the song from. As far as who the female singer is, like you said, I will invite our members to share their feelings about it.

Thanks & cheers,
S

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Milan (1967)

Most of the following write up appeared in one of my earlier postings of this album…

Like most of L.V. Prasad’s Hindi films, “Milan” was also based on a Telugu film called “Mooga Manasulu (1964)”. The Telugu film was a super hit in spite of its storyline bordered on an occasional absurdity. The Telugu movie was a success based on the strength of beautiful outdoor shooting on the banks of the river Godavari, fine portrayals of the principal actors, and beautiful music. It was only a matter of time that it was to be made in Hindi.

The Hindi film was directed by the same director of the Telugu film, Adurti Subba Rao (see the attached photograph). He was a prominent director of Telugu films who made nearly 50 films including a few in Hindi. Rao, born in Andhra Pradesh, was a bright student and matriculated at a very young age from high school. He withdrew in the very first year of college against his parents’ wishes to pursue his dream to be an ace photographer. He decided the place to learn photography was Mumbai.

In Mumbai, he studied for three years to get a degree in photography at St. Xavier’s College. While pursuing his studies, he found a job with the Bombay Film Lab. He discontinued the school to take the fulltime employment to learn about processing and printing. He also learned to edit films. Uday Shankar, who was making “Kalpana”, was looking for someone to assist him. Rao grabbed the opportunity to become an assistant editor for the movie as well as its assistant director. During this time he got his first break to be an independent editor for a Tamil film. He moved to Madras.

His first few assignments in Madras were to write stories and dialogues for few films. He also managed to work as an editor, wrote lyrics for some songs, and tried his hand at camera. With all these activities he was getting around to know some important people in the industry and decided to launch his own film. His film “Amara Sandesham (1954)” was a flop but helped him to establish more film contacts. It was Annapoorna Films managing partner Madhusudan Rao who signed him for a multi film contract. For that banner, Rao directed several hit films.

After having established himself by earning a good name in the industry, he restarted his company to make series of movies, mostly hits. The Telugu film “Mooga Manasulu” on which “Milan” was based was one of them.

For this film, Prasad parted companies with the music director duo Shankar & Jaikishan who provided hit music for several of his earlier movies. Prasad decided to go this time with Laxmikant & Pyarelal and their partnership worked for a string of successful movies starting with this one.

Hindi version of the film also enjoyed super success at the box office. The music of the film was one of its biggest draws. Many believe that the movie also gave Mukesh a second lease of life as a singer because during that time he was going through a lean period. It was his songs that lifted the movie to a newer and higher level.

The song “Saawan Ka Mahina” is an example of the film craft at its best. So many things came together to make this an unforgettable audio visual experience in the film. The contrasting images of Nutan and Sunil Dutt, one educated and sophisticated, the other uneducated and a simple person, both performing the song as one teaches the other on how to sing is a scene to behold. The camera shows sun and shade and later as the night falls everything seem to bask in the glorious moonlight. In the stillness of the night, as the boat travels through the water breaking the silence with ripples as the lingering moonlight reflection adds to the beautiful mood.

Another great song is by Lataji, “Aaj Dil Pe”. Superbly crafted and exquisitely sung by Lata it leaves a deep lingering effect on the listener. This song is like a ghazal and it appears like LP may have purposely given it a Madan Mohan touch. For some reason this song was left out of the film. Such a pity…

The movie grabbed several Filmfare awards. Nutan won as the Best Actress. Jamuna, the South Indian star, who had an important role in the film walked away with the Best Supporting Actress Award. For the magnificent music they composed, Laxmikant & Pyarelal won the Best Music Director Award. Sunil lost to Dilip for his portrayal in “Ram Aur Shyam”.

I am uploading songs, some specials and few instrumentals of this film in three back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs starting in the next post…

swarapriya
Songs from "Milan (1967)" - Part 1

Here is the first set of songs from this popular film...
swarapriya
Songs from "Milan (1967)" - Part 2

swarapriya
Specials & Instrumentals of "Saawan Ka Mahina" Song from "Milan (1967)"

Here are a couple of specials and a few instrumentals of the song "Saawan Ka Mahina" from the film...
swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Laawaris (1999)

This will be the last film of Javed Akhtar Saab I am uploading here. This thread started 26 months back. In this time span we covered nearly 80 films penned by Akhtar Saab. Javedji started as a story writer but after his split with Salimji started writing lyrics for film songs. He won the National Award five times and Filmfare Award 14 times. He continues to be very active in this millennium as well.

This movie again has the hit combination of Akhtar Saab and Rajesh Roshan working together again. Their previous films include “Dastak (1996)”, “Jaane Jigar (1998)”, “Khel (1992)”, “Kin g Uncle (1993)”, and “Papa Kahte Hain (1996)”. Unfortunately this film does not live up to its expectations. Both Roshan and Akhtar Saab disappoint. One of the problem with the music was that it used mostly keyboards to generate tunes that did not go well with the songs.

A note about the song “Mere Dosto”. This song almost sounds like the one sung by Udit, “Ghar Se Nikalte Hi”, from “Papa Kahte Hain”. I am uploading this and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Laawaris (1999)"...

soumik

Dear Swarapriyabhai,

There are many many films after Lawaaris (1999), for those Javed Akhter has written down lyrics. Some examples are: Moksha, Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hain, Agni Varsha, Badhai Ho Badhai, Satta, Kuch Na Kaho, LOC, Tehzeeb,....and many more.

With Regards,
Soumik

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 27 2015, 07:52 PM) *

This will be the last film of Javed Akhtar Saab I am uploading here. This thread started 26 months back. In this time span we covered nearly 80 films penned by Akhtar Saab. Javedji started as a story writer but after his split with Salimji started writing lyrics for film songs. He won the National Award five times and Filmfare Award 14 times. He continues to be very active in this millennium as well.

This movie again has the hit combination of Akhtar Saab and Rajesh Roshan working together again. Their previous films include “Dastak (1996)”, “Jaane Jigar (1998)”, “Khel (1992)”, “Kin g Uncle (1993)”, and “Papa Kahte Hain (1996)”. Unfortunately this film does not live up to its expectations. Both Roshan and Akhtar Saab disappoint. One of the problem with the music was that it used mostly keyboards to generate tunes that did not go well with the songs.

A note about the song “Mere Dosto”. This song almost sounds like the one sung by Udit, “Ghar Se Nikalte Hi”, from “Papa Kahte Hain”. I am uploading this and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…

swarapriya
QUOTE(soumik @ Feb 27 2015, 07:59 AM) *

Dear Swarapriya,

There are many many films after Lawaaris (1999), for those Javed Akhter has written down lyrics. Some examples are: Moksha, Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hain, Agni Varsha, Badhai Ho Badhai, Satta, Kuch Na Kaho, LOC, Tehzeeb,....and many more.

With Regards,
Soumik

I understand Soumik. Yes. Akhtar Saab probably has done another 50 or so movies in the last 14 years. But I am bound by a rule of The Forum. It restricts members to upload albums published only through 1999 and not beyond, in almost all cases, even though an occasional exception was granted. That is the only reason why this Akhtar Saab's thread is stopping at this point.

Cheers,
S

soumik

I was not aware about this restriction rule of the Forum...You made it clear to me.

Cheers....

Soumik

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 28 2015, 01:20 AM) *

QUOTE(soumik @ Feb 27 2015, 07:59 AM) *

Dear Swarapriya,

With Regards,
Soumik

I understand Soumik. Yes. Akhtar Saab probably has done another 50 or so movies in the last 14 years. But I am bound by a rule of The Forum. It restricts members to upload albums published only through 1999 and not beyond, in almost all cases, even though an occasional exception was granted. That is the only reason why this Akhtar Saab's thread is stopping at this point.

Cheers,
S

swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Anari (1959)

Songs from this album were uploaded under Shailendra's topic in this very thread. They are no longer available but if anyone would like them I will be happy to re-upload them.

swarapriya
(Majrooh) Sujata (1959)

Here are some of the beautiful compositions form the incomparable Burmanda. All songs except for one were huge hits. These songs are liltingly soothing to listen to. Burmanda was ably assisted by Jaidevji.

This film with the backdrop of a Brahmin family raising an untouchable girl was to say the least was daring. It was treated with rare sensitivity by its producer and director Bimalda. The movie won several Filmfare awards; the Best Film, the Best Actress for Nutan, the Best Director for Bimal Roy, and the Best Story for Subodh Ghosh. It also won a special award from the Maharashtra Government for its theme dealing with the untouchability. It was an official entry from India for the 1960 Cannes Film Festival.

I am uploading songs from this album and some specials in three back-to-back posts. The first post contains all the songs from the film. The second post contains few music clips. The third post contains some instrumentals of the songs from the films.

A note about the song “Suno Mere”. The movie version has Burmanda’s song immediately followed by Asha’s humming. I am uploading this song including humming in the first post. In the second post, the title song music has brief humming of Geetaji, a prelude to the song “Hawa Dheere”. The song itself comes a few minutes later in the movie.

Here are the sweet servings of honeyed songs starting in the first post...
swarapriya
Few Music Clips from "Sujata (1959)"...

Here are some music clips from the film...
swarapriya
Few Instrumentals of Songs from "Sujata (1959)"...

Here are some of the instrumentals of the songs from this film...
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Dekh Kabira Roya (1957)

Amiya Chakrabarty produced and directed this film. He also was readying the release of “Kathputli” the same year. But before that movie was released he passed away. Chakrabarty, who had a string of hits in succession, did not live long enough to see the success of these two movies.

“Dekh Kabira Roya” was an all-out comedy where the story revolves around three heroines and three heroes. Madan Mohan provided outstanding music for the film. Chakrabarty utilized talents of Shankar & Jaikishan for four of his previous movies until this one.

Many songs from the film became popular. The song of the album is Mannada’s “Kaun Aaya”. This song appeared twice in the film. But lyrics are the same on each occasion. Also, the song “Hum Panchhi” also appeared twice in the film. Both songs again are identical. Interestingly the song was picturized both times on Anita Guha and Shubha Khote in the film. But the CD version of the song, including various references, mention a third singer, Seeta Agarwal. I could detect voices of Geetaji and Lataji only. May be someone can explain the discrepancy.

In another situation, the songs “Ashqon Se”, “Mere Veena”, and “Tu Pyaar” appeared as one long song, about 10 minutes long in the film. These are listed in the CD as three separate songs. I am also uploading them as three separate songs.

I am uploading the above songs and others in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all songs from the film. The second post contains some specials and several instrumentals of the song “Kaun Aaya”.

Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Some Specials & Instrumentals of "Dekh Kabira Roya (1957)"...

Here are some specials and a few instrumentals of the song "Kaun Aaya"...
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Jawani ki Hawa (1959)

This was a below average effort from the usually reliable music director Ravi Saab. Yet there is one good song in the film. The title song “Chali Kaisi” sung by Asha is very racy and quite hummable. Here is this and other songs from this album…
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Wahan Ke Log (1967)

N.A. Ansari besides acting in this film also produced and directed it. This was one of many “B-grade” films he made. Ramchandra, who was on the decline of his career, provided music for this film. There are only few songs in the film but some are good. These include “Aawaaz”, “Hum Tujh Se”, and “Tum Kitni”. Especially Mukesh’s song “Hum Tujh Se”, which had the similar beginning of his 1951 hit song from Raj Kapoor’s “Awara”, is a fine one. The song “Aawaaz” appears five times, with the first line repeated most of the times. I am uploading two parts of it here even though the second part is included in the first. The difference is that the second part I am uploading here is preceded by additional music.

Here are these and the rest of the songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Milan Ki Raat (1967)

Here are the songs from this film...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) C.I.D. Girl (1959)

Songs from this film were uploaded earlier in this very thread under the topic of "Anand Bakshi". They are no longer available but I will be happy to upload them again if anyone is interested. Thanks...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.