Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shair Aur Sargam
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
abhijoy
Excellent sharing swaraprija ji....many thanks from core of my heart.....
swarapriya
QUOTE(abhijoy @ Feb 17 2016, 09:21 PM) *

Excellent sharing swaraprija ji....many thanks from core of my heart.....

Thank you very much Gargi. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Aas Ka Panchhi (1961)

Songs from this film were recently uploaded in this very thread. They can be accessed starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...658&st=1423

Viraj Padhye
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 17 2016, 11:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Viraj Padhye @ Feb 16 2016, 06:48 PM) *

I second you on this Taiyabji. I referred book on Suman by Mangala Khadilkar and even it credits the song to Suman though HFGK has not mentioned anything.

Taiyab & Viraj,

So what is the consensus? Should "Ladi" be by Suman and "Dholak" by Usha? Can someone please confirm. Thanks.

S

Yes, "Ladi" is by Suman and add Usha in "Dholak" in addition to existing singers.

Viraj
swarapriya
QUOTE(Viraj Padhye @ Feb 18 2016, 05:57 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 17 2016, 11:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Viraj Padhye @ Feb 16 2016, 06:48 PM) *

I second you on this Taiyabji. I referred book on Suman by Mangala Khadilkar and even it credits the song to Suman though HFGK has not mentioned anything.

Taiyab & Viraj,

So what is the consensus? Should "Ladi" be by Suman and "Dholak" by Usha? Can someone please confirm. Thanks.

S

Yes, "Ladi" is by Suman and add Usha in "Dholak" in addition to existing singers.

Viraj

Viraj & Taiyab,

I have made changes to the table per your suggestions. Thanks.

S
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Ladki (1953)

I am re-uploading these songs on request...

M.V. Raman, who earlier introduced Vyjayanti Mala to Hindi audience in “Bahar (1951)”, is back again for the same concern AVM. He also has Kishoreda who was also in “Bahar”. I saw this movie recently and was pretty disappointed. It is very dated and some of the characters are simply revolting. Even the makeup was done sloppily (Randhir for example). This movie was very very difficult to watch.

As in the case with “Bahar”, Vyjayanti Mala dominates the proceedings in this film also. Her other costar is Anjali Devi, a popular star from the Telugu film industry. Anjali Devi produced and starred in the 1958 folklore film “Suvarna Sundari” that has fabulous award winning music by her husband Adi Narayana Rao.

There are tons of songs in the film. Lataji sang all the songs for Vyjayanti Mala. Geetaji sang for Anjali Devi. Screen credits list Sudarshanam & Dhaniram (encrypted as SD in the “Music” column in the table below) as the music directors. But I found various references that credit C. Ramchandra (encrypted as CR) as another composer of some other songs. I am hoping someone from our Forum can verify this.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Ladki (1953)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this film...
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 22 2016, 12:12 AM) *

According HFGK all your tagging is correct except AYRE AANKH for which (according to HFGK) , most probably C ramchandra, have given the music.
taiyab
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Feb 22 2016, 03:05 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 22 2016, 12:12 AM) *

According HFGK all your tagging is correct except AYRE AANKH for which (according to HFGK) , most probably C ramchandra, have given the music.
taiyab

Got it. Unless this is confirmed, I will leave it alone. Thanks Taiyab.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Raja Saab (1969)

Once you see the opening scene it is a cinch to predict what the story is about. One can easily tell what the next scene or situation going to be. This predictability robs any fun one might expect from this film.

This film was made by the same team that made the hit “Jab Jab Phool Khile (1965)”. Same Production Company. Same director. Same leading pair. Same music directors. Same lyricist. Even the stories are almost similar. Also, both movies were shot partly in Kashmir. Some of the scenes in Kashmir (like “shikara”) look just about the same.

There are several songs in the film. The score by Kalyanji & Anandji is about average. One song, by Suman Kalyanpur and Rafi Saab, “Tu Jungle Ki”, is racy and fun to listen to. This again goes back to the song by the same pair in the “Jab Jab” film, “Naa Naa Karte” which was also racy.

I am uploading all songs and some music clips from the film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Raja Saab (1969)"...

Here are the rest of the songs and some music clips from this film...
ketaki shukla
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 8 2016, 09:31 PM) *

Few Instrumentals from "Usne Kaha Tha (1960)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the song "Aaha Rim Jhim" from the film...

Thanks for the Instrumental song of B.S. Swarapriya.

Ketaki
swarapriya
QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ Feb 22 2016, 02:58 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 8 2016, 09:31 PM) *

Few Instrumentals from "Usne Kaha Tha (1960)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the song "Aaha Rim Jhim" from the film...

Thanks for the Instrumental song of B.S. Swarapriya.

Ketaki

You are very welcome Ketaki.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai (1961) - Songs

Nasir Husain (see his picture below) who was with Filmistan Studios for a long time was a successful writer of many hit films for them. He turned into a director with “Tumsa Nahin Dekha” in 1957. The movie was made by Filmistan and became a huge box-office hit that established Shammi Kapoor as a bonafied star. When S. Mukherjee left Filmistan to form his own company, Filmalaya, he had Nasir Husain direct their first movie. This was “Dil Deke Dekho” in 1959. This movie became a blockbuster and heralded a new heroine, Asha Parekh and a new music director, Usha Khanna. After these two successes, Nasir Husain decided to form his own company and established his production house, Nasir Husain Films. His first movie released in 1961 was “Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai”. This was also a runaway hit. Interestingly, besides directing, Husain Saab wrote stories of all these three movies. Except for small variations, they all have similar themes.

This was the only movie Dev was collaborated with Husainji. Dev was offered to star in “Teesri Manzil” but declined as he was still fresh from the success of his “Guide” and wanted some time off. This is the only film of Husain Saab for which Shankar & Jaikishan gave music.

I am uploading songs, music clips, specials, and instrumentals from this film in four back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain all of the songs and a few music clips from the film. The third post contains some specials. The fourth post contains instrumentals of some of the popular songs from this film.

Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai (1961)"...

Here are the rest of the songs and some music clips from the film...
swarapriya
Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai (1961) - A Few Specials

Here are a few specials related to songs from this film...
swarapriya
A Few Instrumentals of the Songs from "Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai (1961)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the songs from the film...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Main Shadi Karne Chala (1962)

This movie has several nice songs in it. For a change Chitraguptji does not rely on Lata or Asha in composing these songs. Suman sang all female songs except for one. That one song was sung by Kamal Barot.

It appears like that there may be a solo version of “Jazaba-E-Dil”. If indeed this is the case, I am requesting members to share it if they can. Thanks.

Here are the songs I have from this film…
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Naya Sansar (1959)

Here are the songs from this film...
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Boy Friend (1961)

Songs from this film were recently uploaded in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...658&st=1443

swarapriya
(Shailendra) Naukri (1954)

This Bimalda's film deals with unemployment. Remember the movie was made in 1954. Seems like it could have been made recently as the subject is still topical. The song "Chhota Sa Ghar" was very popular. Interestingly this song is based on a song in Bengali sung by Kishoreda, "Hey Lo Baadal". It was composed by Chitta Roy and lyrics were written by Gaouriprasanna Majumdar. I am uploading that song here as a reference.

Hrishikesh Mukherjee was the editor of the film.

soumik
Dear Swarapriya,

In the movie Ladki (1953), the song "Aurat Na Ho To Zindagi Hain" is actually a duet song. One is definitely KK but I could not identify the other male voice. I think it is C. Ramchandra himself (not 100% sure).

If anybody clears my doubt, I will be happy....

Regards

Soumik

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 21 2016, 11:04 PM) *

(Rajinder Krishan) Ladki (1953)

M.V. Raman, who earlier introduced Vyjayanti Mala to Hindi audience in “Bahar (1951)”, is back again for the same concern AVM. He also has Kishoreda who was also in “Bahar”. I saw this movie recently and was pretty disappointed. It is very dated and some of the characters are simply revolting. Even the makeup was done sloppily (Randhir for example). This movie was very very difficult to watch.

As in the case with “Bahar”, Vyjayanti Mala dominates the proceedings in this film also. Her other costar is Anjali Devi, a popular star from the Telugu film industry. Anjali Devi produced and starred in the 1958 folklore film “Suvarna Sundari” that has fabulous award winning music by her husband Adi Narayana Rao.

There are tons of songs in the film. Lataji sang all the songs for Vyjayanti Mala. Geetaji sang for Anjali Devi. Screen credits list Sudarshanam & Dhaniram (encrypted as SD in the “Music” column in the table below) as the music directors. But I found various references that credit C. Ramchandra (encrypted as CR) as another composer of some other songs. I am hoping someone from our Forum can verify this.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set…

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Sajan (1969)

This is a typical LP & Bakshi Saab album. You get a feeling that you have heard these type of songs before. No novelty. Almost all songs are picturized within the first hour of the movie when the story revolves around the romance between the principals. Then the movie turns into a murder suspense. You know right away that all of the accused are innocent but the real identity of the killer is not known until the end of the movie.

A lean looking Shatrughan Sinha appears in a small role as a cop trying to assist his captain in solving the murder. I did not know that Sinha was this lean when he first came on board into the films.

The fabrication the heroine weaves in this film with the theater owner that a millionaire is in love with her was later borrowed by the hit film “Ghajini (2008)” whose main story was inspired by the hit English film released in 2000, “Memento”.

Here are the songs from this film, “Sajan”…
Viraj Padhye
QUOTE(soumik @ Mar 6 2016, 11:20 AM) *

Dear Swarapriya,

In the movie Ladki (1953), the song "Aurat Na Ho To Zindagi Hain" is actually a duet song. One is definitely KK but I could not identify the other male voice. I think it is C. Ramchandra himself (not 100% sure).

Regards

Soumik

It is C Ramchandra.

Viraj
soumik
Thanks Bro....

You clear my doubt, though C.Ramchandra has not been credited in the fllm or elsewhere.

Soumik

QUOTE(Viraj Padhye @ Mar 8 2016, 06:58 AM) *

Dear Swarapriya,

Regards

Soumik

It is C Ramchandra.

Viraj

swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Jadoo Nagri (1961)

The story of this movie revolves around sorcery and sword play with very bad special effects. Even usually reliable Tripathiji disappoints with his music compositions. The songs “Loot Liya” and “Nigaahon Mein” offer about an average fare. However the movie has good background score with shehnai instrument dominating the proceedings.

The movie was in black and white but all the songs were picturized in color.

I am uploading all songs and a few music clips in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs…
swarapriya
A Few Music Clips from "Jadoo Nagri (1961)"...

Here are some of the music clips from the film...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Akeli Mat Jaiyo (1963)

This film starts out with a lot of promise but soon fizzles down to a senseless drama. Apart from the beautiful Meena Kumari, one of the highlights of the film is the music by Madan Mohan Saab. Mohan Saab worked with Majrooh Saab in only a handful of films (seven to be exact) but each time they collaborated the results were excellent. This movie is no exception. There are at least three songs that stand out in this film. These are: the title song “Akeli Mat Jaiyo” by Lata, Asha’s club dance song “Thodi Deir”, and the unforgettable Lata’s solo, “Woh Jo Milte The Kabhi”. I am uploading these and other songs, plus a couple of specials in two back-to-back posts.

swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Akeli Mat Jaiyo (1963)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...
soumik
Dear Swarapriya,

In the movie "Naukri" (1954) these are few rectifications:

1. Ek Chhoti Si Naukri - The name of the singer will be Shyamal Mitra and not Shyam Mitra.

2. Hey Lo Baadal - The singer is not definitely Kishore Kumar. I am 100% sure about it.The voice is
completely different and doesnot match with KK.The voice here sounds similar to Shyamal Mitra.
Moreover there is no mention about this song in the KK's biography, websites or elsewhere.

Maybe somebody from the forum can throw light on this.

Regards

Soumik

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 4 2016, 09:47 PM) *

This Bimalda's film deals with unemployment. Remember the movie was made in 1954. Seems like it could have been made recently as the subject is still topical. The song "Chhota Sa Ghar" was very popular. Interestingly this song is based on a song in Bengali sung by Kishoreda, "Hey Lo Baadal". It was composed by Chitta Roy and lyrics were written by Gaouriprasanna Majumdar. I am uploading that song here as a reference.

taiyab53
QUOTE(soumik @ Mar 13 2016, 01:44 PM) *

Dear Swarapriya,

1. Ek Chhoti Si Naukri - The name of the singer will be Shyamal Mitra and not Shyam Mitra.

2. Hey Lo Baadal - The singer is not definitely Kishore Kumar. I am 100% sure about it.The voice is
completely different and doesnot match with KK.The voice here sounds similar to Shyamal Mitra.
Moreover there is no mention about this song in the KK's biography, websites or elsewhere.

Regards

Soumik

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 4 2016, 09:47 PM) *

Dear Soumik
as per HFGK the name of singers in the song EK CHOOTI SI are
1) Kishore Kumar
2) Shanker das gupta
3) shyamal mitra
Taiyab53
taiyab53
QUOTE(soumik @ Mar 9 2016, 01:42 PM) *

Thanks Bro....

You clear my doubt, though C.Ramchandra has not been credited in the fllm or elsewhere.

Soumik

QUOTE(Viraj Padhye @ Mar 8 2016, 06:58 AM) *

Dear Swarapriya,

Regards

Soumik

It is C Ramchandra.

Viraj

there are 2 parts of this song
as Per HFGK- 1 st part is sung by Om prakash & second part there are Kishore Kumar & krishna goel(although in HFGK have mentioned others) & to me it looks more of Krishna goel rather than C ramchandra.
others opinion is required.
thanks

swarapriya
QUOTE(soumik @ Mar 13 2016, 12:14 AM) *

Dear Swarapriya,

Regards

Soumik

Soumik, it was an error on my part. It should be Shyamal Mitra and not Shyam Mitra. The error was in my database and it was carried over onto the table.

As far as the Bengali song, you probably are right. Until a clarification comes along I will leave as it is for now.

Thanks,
S

swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Bahaana (1960)

Here is yet another film with the combination of Madan Mohan Saab and Rajinder Krishanji. Most of the songs from this movie are good, especially solos by Talat and Lata. Here are these and other songs from this album…
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Char Diwari (1961)

This drama tells about a simple family that is struggling to meet its ends. In spite of this everyone seem to be living happily until an unfortunate accident to the housewife turns everything upside down. It has beautiful music by Salilda. My favorite is both parts of Mukesh’s song, “Kaise Manaavoon”.

The title lists that the film is introducing Shashi Kapoor. However, he earlier appeared in at least two or three films of Raj Kapoor. I remember distinctly he was in “Awara (1951)” as the young Raj Kapoor and in “Shree 420 (1955)” in the song “Pyaar Hua”.

Here are the songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri & Shailendra) New Delhi (1956)

Here is another beautiful album from Shankar & Jaikishan. Even though the movie is dated there is no denying to the fact that it has an endearing story. Rajinder Singh Bedi’s touching humane story revolves around the theme of integration. It highlights that we should live peacefully in spite of our differences between our habits, different spoken languages, North versus South, one caste compared to the other, and other topics. These serious topics were told in an entertaining style. The net result was that this movie proved to be a crowd pleaser when it was originally released.

The album boasts beautiful songs, all solos, six by Lata and three by Kishoreda. All songs were winners with Lata's "Tum Sang" a chartbuster and so were all three of Kishoreda's songs. My favorite from this album is Kishoreda's beauty, "Nakhrewaali". I don't think anyone else can sing such a song except for Kishoreda. Yodeling, inflections of sounds, modulation of the tone, such total control over the voice, Kishoreda was undoubtedly a master of it.

I am uploading all songs from an original soundtrack album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "New Delhi (1956)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Shart (1969)

I am uploading songs and some music clips from this suspense drama in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
A Few Music Clips from "Shart (1969)"...

Here are a few music clips from the film...
soumik
Dear Friend,

Could u please upload both the versions of this song, if you have?????

And by the way what is HFGK??? how authentic it is??? Does the movie has both the versions in it???

Soumik

[/quote]
[/quote]
there are 2 parts of this song
as Per HFGK- 1 st part is sung by Om prakash & second part there are Kishore Kumar & krishna goel(although in HFGK have mentioned others) & to me it looks more of Krishna goel rather than C ramchandra.
others opinion is required.
thanks
[/quote]
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Junglee (1961)

Subodh Mukerji produced and directed this film from his own story and screenplay. Saira Banu was introduced in this film that became a huge success. It was a combination of things that clicked big for this massive entertainer. It was a mixture of Saira’s fresh looks, Shammi’s boisterous performance, lovely Kashmir for the location shooting, and to a great measure the music, that all contributed to the film’s success.

The music was composed by the inimitable pair of Shankar & Jaikishan. They were assisted by Dattaram & Sebastian. Every song from the film became a chartbuster. The song “Chaahe Mujhe” became a trademark for Shammi who graduated from the rebel star he was in “Tumsa Nahin Dekha (1957)” to the “Yahoo” star from this film onwards.

The story goes that it was Shammi’s idea to introduce “Yahoo” before the title song “Chaahe Mujhe”. The words “Yahoo” were vocalized by Prayagraaj and not Rafi Saab. Prayagraaj was one of the writers of the film. The scene in the film was originally supposed to be shot in Pehalgam in Kashmir. But there was not enough snow when the shooting was planned. For this song alone, the entire unit moved to Kufri near Simla where Saira & Shammi rolling down the snow was picturized.

I am uploading all songs, a few specials, and several instrumentals in four back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain all the songs and specials. The third and the fourth posts contain instrumentals.

swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Junglee (1961)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this highly successful musical entertainer...
swarapriya
A Few Instrumentals of the Songs from "Junglee (1961)"...

Here are a few instrumentals from the popular songs of "Junglee"...
swarapriya
A Few More Instrumentals of the Songs from "Junglee (1961)"...

Here are a few more instrumentals of the song "Ehsaan Tera" from "Junglee"...
ketaki shukla
Thanks Swarapriya

Ketaki
swarapriya
QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ Mar 23 2016, 03:20 PM) *

Thanks Swarapriya

Ketaki

You are welcome Ketaki.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Ek Raaz (1963)

This Shakti Samanta directed film had a simple tale that is infused with unforgettable songs. The movie was fun to watch mainly because it takes you back when things were so simple in our lives. Also for a change performance of Kishoreda was restrained without much of his usual slapstick comedy. However, as mentioned, the real highlight of the film was its music. Chitraguptji's music was simply superb. Almost all songs are excellent.

The movie starred Jamuna, a Telugu and Tamil film actress from South. Her career in the film industry spanned over four decades during which she acted in 200 plus films. She also starred in a few Hindi films. These include “Miss Mary (1957)”, “Ek Raaz (1963)”, “Hamrahi (1963)”, “Beti Bete (1964)”, “Rishte Nate (1965)”, “Milan (1967)”, and others. Most of these films were huge commercial successes. She won Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for her performance in “Milan”.

It is hard to pick a favorite from such a melodious album. But I have not one but two favorites, both solos by Kishoreda, the engrossing "Agar Sunn Le" and the endearing "Paayalwaali Dekhna".

Here are these and the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Bindya (1960)

Many film productions in the South in the 50’s, 60’s and even to some extent to early 70’s made movies mostly to do with family dramas. These production houses include AVM, Gemini, Prasad Productions, Vijaya Productions and others. Their formula was simple. If the movie was a success in one of the regional languages remake them in Hindi. Most of these Hindi versions made big money for their production houses. This movie by AVM, “Bindya”, was one such family drama, but was a flop.

This movie is simply bad. You have seen these type of stories so many times before. You are simply tired of watching these rehashes. Watching these type of movies one wonders whether the people involved with these are testing your intelligence and patience. This one is simply that revolting.

This movie pairs Padmini opposite Balraj Sahni, a total mismatch. To make matters worse there is a fine song “Dekhiye” that Sahni Saab croons romancing Padmini. It was difficult to watch.

One decent thing about this movie was its music. Less heralded Iqbal Qureshi Saab was its music director. He came up with a few winners. These include the above mentioned “Dekhiye”, a couple of solos by Lata, and a solo by Rafi Saab. There is also a lengthy song by Om Prakash, “Hari Om”, that tells the story of Krishn and Sudama in comic overtones. I am uploading this almost in its entirety as it appears in the film (very few edits) and a briefer version with no dialogues.

Here are the above songs and other songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Pyaar (1950)

I am re-uploading these songs of early Nargis & Raj Kapoor film on request...

For this Raj Kapoor’s film not only Burmanda composed music but had Kishoreda sing songs for Raj. Remember this was back in 1950. Raj did not yet settle on Mukesh as his voice. That was still a few years away.

My apologies for the poor quality of the songs even though some of them are decent enough.

Here are the songs…
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Tamanna (1969)

There is hardly anything worth to write home about this totally nonsensical family drama. Watching this type of movie one wonders how people, sometimes our own, can be so bad. These are simply revolting one dimensional people void of feelings or emotions.

Two solo songs, one by Mukesh and the other by Rafi, especially that of Rafi Saab are decent to listen to.

Here are these and other songs from this film…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.