Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shair Aur Sargam
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Dec 18 2014, 10:25 PM) *

(Majrooh) Kal Hamara Hai (1959)

With such a great title for a movie I was full of anticipation to watch a decent film. But alas. I was very disappointed. It was simply a total nonsensical movie. Even Madhubala’s dual role, one as a simple and quiet woman, and the other as an ambitious socialite did not help the proceedings. What lifted the movie from its mediocrity was its fine music. The DVD listed only Chitragupt as the music director. But various sources I have consulted give credit to Gajanan for two songs. I marked these two songs with a question mark.

Here are the songs from the film…

dear Swarapriya
yes these 2 songs which have labelled are correctly composed by gajanan as per HFGK.Thanks
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Dec 18 2014, 08:14 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Dec 18 2014, 10:25 PM) *

(Majrooh) Kal Hamara Hai (1959)

With such a great title for a movie I was full of anticipation to watch a decent film. But alas. I was very disappointed. It was simply a total nonsensical movie. Even Madhubala’s dual role, one as a simple and quiet woman, and the other as an ambitious socialite did not help the proceedings. What lifted the movie from its mediocrity was its fine music. The DVD listed only Chitragupt as the music director. But various sources I have consulted give credit to Gajanan for two songs. I marked these two songs with a question mark.

Here are the songs from the film…

dear Swarapriya
yes these 2 songs which have labelled are correctly composed by gajanan as per HFGK.Thanks

My Dear Taiyab,

Thank you very much for confirming this.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Aasha (1957)

M.V. Raman who introduced Vyjayanti Mala in Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi films, edited, produced, and directed this film, “Aasha” that starred Mala with Kishoreda. Raman directed eight Hindi films. Kishoreda was in seven of them. These films include “Bahar (1951)”,”Ladki (1953)”,”Pehli Jhalak (1955)”, “Bhai-Bhai (1956)”, “Aasha (1957)”, “Chandan (1958)”, and “Payal ki Jhankar (1968)”. Incidentally, Asha Parekh made a brief appearance (limited to two scenes) in “Aasha” and was credited simply as Asha. This was before her stardom in the 1959 hit film “Dil Deke Dekho”. Asha is also in another of Raman productions, “Jwala”, which starred Madhubala. That film even though started in the late 50’s, did not see completion until 1971. This was mainly due to Madhubala’s prolonged illness that led to her untimely death. Madhubala’s sister, Chanchal, posed as her double to finish the film.

“Aasha”, which was shot partly in color, became a hit mainly because of the songs in it, especially the song “Eena Meena Deeka”, that is popular even today. This was one of the first Rock N Roll songs to hit an Indian screen and it became an overnight rage. It has three versions in the film, two by Asha Bhosle and one by Kishoreda.

The origins of the song “Eena Meena Deeka” make a fascinating reading. Apparently the beginning of the song was inspired by some kids who were playing outside Ramchandra’s home. They were playing a game chanting “Eenie Meenie Minie Moe”. Collaborating with his assistant John Gomes, Ramchandra came up with the word “Eena Meena Deeka, Daai Dame Nika”. Gomes was a Goan. Goan musicians in the Hindi film industry were famous for creating rhythmic sounds for songs. Gomes spoke Konknani and came up with the next set of words, “Maaka Naaka Naaka” (meaning “I don’t want”). Thus the beginnings of a hit song started.

Here is another interesting note. In his 1980 film “Karz” its director Subhash Ghai used a similar ploy that was employed in this film to nab the culprit by enacting a play in the end depicting true incidents.

I am uploading all versions of this fun song and the rest in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Aasha (1957)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this popular album...
akbaralibhai
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Dec 15 2014, 07:52 PM) *

Concluding Songs from "Saaz (1998)" - Post 3

Here is the final set of songs from this film. I have question marks on some of the entries because I am not sure whether the credited person is the correct one or not. I will be thankful to anyone who can help resolve this issue.

Here are the rest of the songs from this film...

Very nice uploads Swarapriya, thank you for sharing.
swarapriya
QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ Dec 19 2014, 03:34 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Dec 15 2014, 07:52 PM) *

Concluding Songs from "Saaz (1998)" - Post 3

Here is the final set of songs from this film. I have question marks on some of the entries because I am not sure whether the credited person is the correct one or not. I will be thankful to anyone who can help resolve this issue.

Very nice uploads Swarapriya, thank you for sharing.

Thank you very much Bhai Saab for the kind words. Cheers.

S
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Chhoti Bahen (1959)

This was the second Hindi film under his independent production company, L.V. Prasad, producer and director of this film made. First one was the 1957 film “Sharada”. Like most of his films, this movie was a family drama. Also, like most of his films, it was based on a Telugu film.

The story of the film unfolds as the central character in the film, “Chhoti Bahen”, played finely by Nanda suffers an accident and loses her eye sight. Talking about blindness, Prasad, a recipient of the Dadasaheb Phalke Award, after making many huge hit films, established in 1987 an eye institute called “L.V. Prasad Eye Institute” which is active even today. Their work is similar to that of the widely known “Sankara Eye Foundation” founded in 1998.

“Chhoti Bahen” became a huge hit thanks to the outstanding music by Shankar & Jaikishan. All the songs were chart busters. The movie garnered several Filmfare Award nominations even though it did not win any. I am uploading all songs from the film and some specials in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Chhoti Bahen (1959)"...

Here are some specials of the songs from this film...
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Phool Aur Patthar (1966)

This was a star making vehicle for Dharmendra. Interestingly he was the second choice for the role as Sunil Dutt was not immediately available to play the lead. Dharamji seized the opportunity to scorch the screen with a firebrand performance. He brought the ruggedness and the manliness with his personality that ignited the screen in several scenes. Much before Salman Khan made it popular to take off his shirt to show off his physique, even if it is not necessary to do so, Dharmendra did this in this movie in an unforgettable scene to cover a shivering Meena Kumari.

O.P. Ralhan, who wrote the story, screenplay, produced and directed this film, also acted in it. While making the movie he had differences that evolved into friction with Dharmendra. Dharam thought Ralhan was arrogant to work with and he almost quit the movie in protest. Many think that this was because Dharam was romantically involved with Meena as she was going through a rough time in her marriage that director thought may not bode well for his movie. However better senses prevailed. In the end when the movie was completed it became a sensational hit. Dharam was nominated for the Best Actor Filmfare Award for his performance. However, he lost to Dev Anand who took the award for the fine movie "Guide".

The music by Ravi also helped the movie's popularity immensely. All of Asha's numbers became very popular as was Rafi Saab's solo "Mere Dil Ke Andar".

I am uploading all the songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Phool Aur Patthar (1966)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this popular album...
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Anita (1967)

This film was produced and directed by Raj Khosla. It came in the wake of the successes of “Woh Kaun Thi? (1964)” and “Mere Saaya (1966)” both suspense thrillers. This movie was supposed to be the part of trilogy of thrillers even though none of them related to each other. Sadhana was the only common part of all three movies. She was the heroine of all three films.

“Anita” was dedicated to the memory of the late great Guru Dutt. Khosla did his apprenticeship under Guru as his assistant director. Later in 1955 Guru gave Khosla “C.I. D.” to direct that was a big hit and established Khosla as someone to look forward to in the future for many good movies. Khosla Saab did not disappoint.

“Anita” was based on a story idea by Khosla himself. The movie was disappointing as one can easily guess who the culprit is behind all that was happening. Not only that the screenplay of the film was uneven and in the end the movie in spite of its fine songs by LP was disappointing.

The movie titles give credit for lyrics to Raja Mehdi Ali Khan Saab. But the original soundtrack CD and other sources credit one song to Bakshi Saab and the other (“Gore Gore” appears three times in the film) to Lucknavi Janaab. The first part of the song “Gore Gore” is complete in itself. The second and third parts repeat some antaras from the first part. The third part has an extended music sequence at the end of the song.

The song “Kaise Karoon” sounds similar to Asha’s “Jhumka Gira Re” from “Mera Saaya”. Besides some words being identical it was also picturized on Sadhana attired as a gypsy as was in “Mera Saaya”.

I am uploading these and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Anita (1967)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this movie...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Humsaya (1968)

I am uploading songs from this album skipping the chronological order of Jaipuri Saab's films to cater for a request...

Magnificent music composed by the venerable OP is simply wasted in this mediocre movie. It was produced and directed by Joy Mukherjee who also had a dual role in the film. Some of the beautiful songs include Rafi Saab’s solo, “Dil Ki Aawaaz”, Asha’s “O Kanhaiya”, and also Asha’s “Woh Haseen Dard”. Especially “Haseen Dard” is simply outstanding. I am uploading these and other songs from the film including some music clips in two back-to-back posts.

Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Humsaya (1968)"...

Here are the rest of the songs and some music clips from this movie...
swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Baadshah (1999)

The director duo Abbas & Mustan who gave boost to Shah Rukh Khan’s career with “Baazigar” in 1993 are at it again here with Khan. The music is again by Anu Malik. The storyline of the film borrows heavily from a handful of English films including “Mr. Nice Guy (1997)”, “Rush Hour (1998)”, “The Mask (1994)” and others. The net result is a film with action and comedy that mostly borders on slapstick. The film was a hit.

Anu Malik’s music, not entirely original, also helps carry the film even though. The songs have traces of his other film “Baazigar” and Kalyanji & Anandji’s 1989 “Tridev”. I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Baadshah (1999)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Kali Topi Lal Rumal (1959)

The major distinguishing feature of this film is its hit songs composed by Chitragupt ji. Every song in this film became a chartbuster. The song “Laagi” appears twice in the film. The second time only half of the song appears. It is identical to the first song except it has extended music at the end. I am including the part 2 of this song here for completeness sake.

I am uploading these and other popular songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Kali Topi Lal Rumal (1959)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Baarish (1957)

This is yet another beautiful album from the combination of the music director C. Ramchandra and the lyricist Rajinder Krishan. Most of the songs from this film became very popular when the film was released. Only problem the movie encountered was the star pair of this film was also in another movie that was released about the same time. That movie was "Paying Guest". It was an enormous hit and this took away much of the "thunder" from "Baarish".

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all of the songs from the film. The second post contains several music clips. The clips came from a DVD and their quality varies from fair to average. Because of this I am uploading these at a lower bit rate.

Here are the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Music Clips from "Baarish (1957)"...

Here are some music clips from this movie...
HarshBhatt
Congratulations for Uploading 200GB, keep going
swarapriya
QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ Jan 7 2015, 09:45 PM) *

Thank you Harshji. I don't know much about these numbers. I am not sure about others but am just having fun sharing these.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Deep Jalta Rahe (1959)

With a title like “Deep Jalta Rahe” I was hoping for an illuminating viewing experience. But the movie turned out to be like a dying lamp that it could not shed even subdued light. Roshan Saab’s music is a cut above the movie yet there is not much to remember in it. On the other hand the background music has some clips where the use of flute, veena, tabla, and other instruments stand out. I am uploading some of these clips in the second post with all songs in the first post.

Incidentally the credits give Shailendra as the lone lyricist. But various other sources credit Rahil Gorakhpuri as the lyricist for the song “Tohre Nainwa”.

Here are this and other songs from the film in this first post…
swarapriya
Deep Jalta Rahe (1959) - Music Clips

Here are some music clips from this movie...
soumik

Keep on going Swarapriya Bhai....Hope to get more from you in coming days...

Regards

Soumik

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 9 2015, 02:23 AM) *

QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ Jan 7 2015, 09:45 PM) *

Thank you Harshji. I don't know much about these numbers. I am not sure about others but am just having fun sharing these.

Cheers,
S

swarapriya
(Shakeel) Aurat (1967)

This family drama came from the Gemini house which gave so many hit films. Unfortunately this was a miss. It had superb songs composed by Ravi to the lyrics of Shakeel Badayuni Saab, but the story was so tame that it could hardly hold interest in the proceedings. Kishore Sahu, who earlier directed for Gemini the hit film “Grahasti” in 1963, wrote the dialogues. This was one of the earliest films of Rajesh Khanna who was introduced only a year back. He did not have much to do in the film as it was all Padmini in a dramatic role with a forgettable performance.

Here are the nice songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Anand Bkashi) Chandan Ka Palna (1967)

Meena Kumari and Dharmendra appeared in seven movies together. Except for “Kaajal (1965)” and “Phool aur Patthar (1966)” rest of the movies did not fare well. This was one of them. It came on the heels of their golden jubilee hit “Phool aur Patthar”. The story as old fashioned as it can get. With Meena not having children she decides to break her marriage by devising a scheme so that her husband can divorce her and marry again to have children.

The major highlight of the film was the touch of magic of music in the hands of RD. Most of the songs became very popular. The number “Nir Tat Dhang”, a dance competition between Mahmood and Dhumal, must have inspired RD to compose the song “Ek Chatur Naar” for the 1968 musical comedy hit “Padosan”. Among other songs, Lata’s “O Ganga Maiyya” stands out. This song comes almost near the end of the film and appears three times in quick succession, some of it is with repetition. I am uploading two versions here.

Here are these songs and others in two back-to-back posts…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Chandan Ka Palna (1967)"...

taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 17 2015, 08:45 PM) *

Meena Kumari and Dharmendra appeared in seven movies together. Except for "Kaajal (1965)" and "Phool aur Patthar (1966)" rest of the movies did not fare well. This was one of them. It came on the heels of their golden jubilee hit "Phool aur Patthar". The story as old fashioned as it can get. With Meena not having children she decides to break her marriage by devising a scheme so that her husband can divorce her and marry again to have children.

The major highlight of the film was the touch of magic of music in the hands of RD. Most of the songs became very popular. The number "Nir Tat Dhang", a dance competition between Mahmood and Dhumal, must have inspired RD to compose the song "Ek Chatur Naar" for the 1968 musical comedy hit "Padosan". Among other songs, Lata's "O Ganga Maiyya" stands out. This song comes almost near the end of the film and appears three times in quick succession, some of it is with repetition. I am uploading two versions here.

Dear Swarapriya

the song nirtat dhag is written by Bindadeen maharaj as per HFGK.

thanks

swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Jan 17 2015, 12:14 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 17 2015, 08:45 PM) *

Meena Kumari and Dharmendra appeared in seven movies together. Except for "Kaajal (1965)" and "Phool aur Patthar (1966)" rest of the movies did not fare well. This was one of them. It came on the heels of their golden jubilee hit "Phool aur Patthar". The story as old fashioned as it can get. With Meena not having children she decides to break her marriage by devising a scheme so that her husband can divorce her and marry again to have children.

The major highlight of the film was the touch of magic of music in the hands of RD. Most of the songs became very popular. The number "Nir Tat Dhang", a dance competition between Mahmood and Dhumal, must have inspired RD to compose the song "Ek Chatur Naar" for the 1968 musical comedy hit "Padosan". Among other songs, Lata's "O Ganga Maiyya" stands out. This song comes almost near the end of the film and appears three times in quick succession, some of it is with repetition. I am uploading two versions here.

Dear Swarapriya

the song nirtat dhag is written by Bindadeen maharaj as per HFGK.

thanks

My Dear Taiyab,

You are absolutely correct. In the titles in the DVD this was specifically mentioned. I made a note of it and yet it somehow slipped from my attention. I have updated the table to reflect this. Thank you very much for keeping me honest.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Kalpana (1960)

I am skipping my usual chronological uploading of albums to share songs from this film to accommodate a request...

Here is a film that seems like a non-stop dance and song extravaganza. It started with the song “O Ji” as titles rolled and ended with the same song as the movie ended. In between it is sprinkled with many songs; most of them accompanied by dances by the sisters Padmini and Ragini. OP rose to the occasion and provided one hit song after another. There are 13 songs in the film that occupy nearly 45% of the movie time. Rest of the time there is a story that seem to interfere these music festivities.

Asha sang every song (either a solo or a duet) except for one. That one song, “Tu Hai”, is the song of the album. It is the classical rendering done superbly by Mannada and Rafi Saab. Who says that OP cannot do justice to classical compositions? Have them listen to this song and their doubts will be cleared forever.

Incidentally, Bimalda was the editor of the movie. There are only five films for which Bimalda worked as an editor. By this time he was entrenched as an esteemed director. Yet he took time to edit this film. He may have been doing this as a favor to his producer friend and the leading man of the film Ashok Kumar.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Kalpana (1960)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...
swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Dillagi (1999)

This movie was the maiden directorial venture of the actor Sunny Deol. He also was the producer of the film. It also starred his brother Bobby. The movie dealt with the story of two brothers loving the same woman and that woman in turn loving both men, albeit at different times. Even though Sunny showed flashes of shooting scenes with good camera angles at choice locations, the handling of the film with too many songs that were non-uniform, some very noisy, sprinkled throughout the film spoiled the fun.

The non-uniformity of the songs stems from the fact that the film had five different music directors. Four of them composed songs and the fifth one scored the background music. A couple of songs had too many singers. For example, the title song, “Dillagi” had ten singers and noisily composed.

If you think Sunny screams at the top of his voice as part of his acting method, you will be surprised how bad Bobby was. He did one better than his brother in screaming and as the movie progressed he became progressively worse. In some scenes he was so bad that he gets onto your nerves. Urmila, the object of both brothers’ love interest, was shown throughout the movie with her mouth open whether she was talking or not, or smiling or not. If you don’t believe me look at the pictures in the postings below.

Yet there are a couple of songs that hold some interest. These are Abhijeet’s “Haan Haan” and Rathod’s “Yeh Zameen”. I am uploading these and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Dillagi (1999)"...

swarapriya
(Majrooh) Nai Rahen (1959)

Ravi, who worked as an assistant to Hemantda, composed music for this film and had him sing a couple of songs, both duets with Lata. These are the standout songs from the album. There are also other nice songs in the film. The song “Kis Ki Manzil” has some noise in the first 20 seconds. Otherwise it is of good quality. I am uploading it here at a lower bit rate.

Here are these and other songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Bandi (1957)

This movie tells a story of two brothers, one educated but unemployed and the other illiterate but devoted to his older brother. Kishoreda who had the major role in the film played the younger brother. His role had shades of comedy mixed with tragedy. It was simply amazing that how Kishoreda switched between comic situations to stirring pathos and vice versa so easily. It is too bad that he did not play many more serious roles.

Hemantda’s music has several good songs in the film. Lata’s “Mere Haal Par” and Kishoreda’s “Chup Ho Jaa” are the standouts of the album. Especially the later song is simply superb. I am also including here a special version of this song with Ameen Sayani’s introduction.

I am uploading these and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Bandi (1957)"...

taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 25 2015, 09:30 PM) *

Dear Swarapriya
the song Kahe Sharmaye gori sung by Asha ji is penned by RAVI also the song Ye mast nazar sung by Geetaji & hemant Kumar ji is penned by Prem dhawanji as per HFGK.
thanks
tayab53
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Jan 25 2015, 09:50 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 25 2015, 09:30 PM) *

Dear Swarapriya
the song Kahe Sharmaye gori sung by Asha ji is penned by RAVI also the song Ye mast nazar sung by Geetaji & hemant Kumar ji is penned by Prem dhawanji as per HFGK.
thanks
tayab53

Thank you Dear Taiyab. I made changes to my posting per your suggested recommendations. Thanks again.

Cheers,
S
soumik

Dear Swarapriyabhai,

There is a little error....The song Aankhon Ko Mil is the same song Aa Meri Jaan Deepak Bina Patanga; actually it is the part of the main song, not a separate one.

Plz verify it...The movie Jaalsaaz is having 7 songs of KK.

Regards,

Soumik

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 25 2014, 08:33 PM) *

(Majrooh) Jaal Saz (1959)

Posing as the long lost missing son of rich parents is nothing new to the Hindi films. That is the central theme of this film with Kishoreda playing the role of the son. For most of the movie his clownish antics get on your nerves. Then there are moments in the film where Kishoreda shows serious side of his acting skills. There are only few of these but he was simply marvelous in those scenes. The movie has plenty of duets. It is a feast for Asha and Kishore song fans and there are six of their duets in the film. I am uploading these and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…

swarapriya
QUOTE(soumik @ Jan 26 2015, 06:26 AM) *

(Majrooh) Jaal Saz (1959)

Dear Swarapriya,

There is a little error....The song Aankhon Ko Mil is the same song Aa Meri Jaan Deepak Bina Patanga; actually it is the part of the main song, not a separate one.

Plz verify it...The movie Jaalsaaz is having 7 songs of KK.

Regards,

Soumik

You are right Soumik. That is an error. I made changes to my posting to rectify the error. Thank you very much for pointing this out.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Heera Moti (1959)

This all too familiar rural drama was based on the classic story “Do Bailon Ka Katha” by Munshi Premchandji. It has very limited scope for songs. Of the six songs the standout is “Kaun Rang”. Here is this and other songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Noor Jehan (1967)

Sheikh Mukhtar (see his picture below), one of the tallest and heaviest men in the Hindi film industry during its early years, produced this movie on a grand scale. He spent all his fortune and then some (taking several loans) to make the film happen. Finally when the movie was released it was a disaster. That left Mukhtar Saab a broken man with many debts he incurred to see “Noor Jehan” to completion. To avoid financial difficulties, he migrated to Pakistan taking along with him prints of “Noor Jehan”. He decided to release the film there. The very same day it was released he suffered a massive heart attack and passed away. The movie going public in Pakistan took the movie to their heart and made it a huge hit. Tragically Sheikh Ji did not live long enough to see the success of his dream child.

The movie may not have worked here in India but it has several superb songs composed by Roshan Saab. Beautiful lyrics of the songs were penned by Badayuni Saab. Most of the songs became popular. My favorite of the album is the solo by Lata, “Raat Ki Mehfil”. I am uploading this and rest of the songs below…
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Farz (1967)

This film was based on the 1966 hit Telugu film “Goodhachari 116” that made actor Krishna a star. The Telugu film itself was almost a direct copy of the 1965 English film “OSS117” which was dubbed from French.

Hindi film was also a hit. Jeetendra looked a little chubby in some scenes but carried the movie on his shoulders as the secret agent. Babita as the leading lady was more of a decoration than anything else. I am enclosing all songs and some music clips of the film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Some Music Clips from "Farz (1967)"...

Here are some of the music clips from this film...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Samrat Chandragupt (1958)

Kalyanji of Kalyanji & Anandji team started as an independent music director and worked on only a handful of films. Later he had his brother Anandji join him and formed the Kalyanji & Anandji team. For this film Kalyanji was the solo music director. However he had Anandji, Laxmikant (later of Laxmikant & Pyarelal team) and Parte (don’t know who it is) has as assistant music directors. Manmohan Desai, who later went onto make several box-office films as a director, was the movie’s assistant director.

Several songs from the film became very popular especially duets “Bhar Bhar”, “Chaahe Door”, and “Yeh Sama”. I am uploading both shorter and longer versions of “Rangeele”. The longer version is of excellent quality except there is a second skip at 4:37 that many may not even notice. Yet I am uploading it here at a lower bit rate. Incidentally, actress Nirupa Roy wrote lyrics for one song in the film, “Mujhe Dekh”.

Here are these and other songs from this popular album…
akbaralibhai
Thank you for these lovely songs Swarapriya.
swarapriya
QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ Feb 4 2015, 11:07 AM) *

Thank you for these lovely songs Swarapriya.

You are very welcome Bhai Saab. Cheers.

swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Ek Tha Dil Ek Thi Dhadkan (1999)

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Ek Tha Dil Ek Thi Dhadkan (1999)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.