Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shair Aur Sargam
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Naughty Boy (1962)

Shakti Samanta, later of “Aradhana (1969)” and other movies fame, produced and directed this slapstick comedy. The only thing worth remembering about this film is its music. As always, the great Burmanda is on the mark. Almost every song is fun to listen to. RD was his assistant. The film credits only Asha and Kishoreda as the playback singers. But there is a duet in the film, “Ho Gayi Shaam”, that was sung by Asha and Mannada. Interestingly, Manna was singing here for Kishoreda. It wasn’t any typical Mannada song and Kishoreda could have handled it without any sweat. Yet for some curious reason Burmanda had Manna sing that song.

The movie’s heroine was Kalpana (Mohan) who made her debut with Shammi Kapoor in the hit comedy “Professor” which also came the same year as “Naughty Boy”. She acted only in five or six films. One of the notable of these was with Dev Anand in “Teen Deviyan (1965)”. Her last film appearance was in the film “Nawab Sirajuddaula”. That came in 1967 the year she got married. Soon after her marriage she quit acting. Her marriage however was short lived. She divorced her husband and lived alone with her daughter. She passed away earlier in 2012 at the age of 65 with complication arising from cancer.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Naughty Boy (1962)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this movie...
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Suhana Safar (1970)

This movie finds a rich heiress run away from her family to find a poet whose book she is fond of. She meets someone who is not a poet and commences the journey with his help. Most of the journey takes place in a bus full of passengers played by various comedians and character actors. With a bus load of people all talking at the same time the move loses its momentum and in the end becomes a forgettable journey.

There are two outstanding songs in this film. They are duals. One is sung by Rafi Saab, and the other by Sumanji. The song is “Ahaa Ahaa”. This is the eighteenth film Bakshi Saab wrote lyrics for in 1970. That is simply incredible. 18 films in 12 months!

I am uploading the above mentioned songs and others in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Suhana Safar (1970)"...

swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Baghi (1964)

Rafi Saab’s solo “Aap Maujood Yahaan” stands out in this just about an average album. Here is this and the rest of the songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Mere Lal (1966)

Here are the songs from this lesser known film...
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Prem Patra (1962)

Great Bimalda produced and directed this film based on the 1956 Bengali film “Sagarika”. I am a great admirer of Bimalda but I must confess that I was disappointed with this film. The screenplay was written by Salilda who also composed its music.

Of all the people you don’t expect Bimalda to divert from the central theme to delve into senseless and predictable comedy. There is a tiger hunting scene that consumes seems like nearly 25 minutes of time. And it was totally unnecessary as it does not serve any purpose to the main theme. There is also a Spanish Dance in the middle of nowhere. I can only guess that it was there because of the venerable assistant music director of Goan origin, Sebastian D’Souza.

Sadhana’s performance and the music try to lift the film. There are only five songs in the film. Of these all three duets are very good. I am uploading these and other songs below…
rishi1911
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 5 2017, 09:45 PM) *

Great Bimalda produced and directed this film based on the 1956 Bengali film “Sagarika”. I am a great admirer of Bimalda but I must confess that I was disappointed with this film. The screenplay was written by Salilda who also composed its music.

Of all the people you don’t expect Bimalda to divert from the central theme to delve into senseless and predictable comedy. There is a tiger hunting scene that consumes seems like nearly 25 minutes of time. And it was totally unnecessary as it does not serve any purpose to the main theme. There is also a Spanish Dance in the middle of nowhere. I can only guess that it was there because of the venerable assistant music director of Goan origin, Sebastian D’Souza.

Sadhana’s performance and the music try to lift the film. There are only five songs in the film. Of these all three duets are very good. I am uploading these and other songs below…

Thank you for uploading all the songs from this Film. It is a pity that you forgot to share the beautiful Title music.
surhall
sangeet ka safar

Thank you for uploading all the songs
dhall
swarapriya
QUOTE(rishi1911 @ May 7 2017, 02:52 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 5 2017, 09:45 PM) *

Thank you for uploading all the songs from this Film. It is a pity that you forgot to share the beautiful Title music.

Rishiji, the title music is there. Take a closer look. It is the fourth one in the list. You will find it.

Cheers,
S

swarapriya
QUOTE(surhall @ May 7 2017, 07:04 AM) *

sangeet ka safar

Thank you for uploading all the songs
dhall

Many thanks, Dhallji. Cheers.

swarapriya
(Shailendra) Professor (1962)

All songs from this film were recently uploaded in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry751683

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Aap Aye Bahaar Ayee (1971)

This movie was produced and directed by Mohan Kumar from his own story. The problem is that the story is so hodge-podge that you have already seen something like it many times. One can tell what happens in the next scene and that lack of originality kills the film that has an above average score by its music director duo Laxmikant & Pyarelal.

Apparently this movie was popular. I can only think of one reason; LP’s music. Even that was not one of their memorable scores. Yet it was not bad.

A note about Sadhana. One can clearly see the health problems she was going through at this time. It was evident in her eyes during close-up shots. The sprightly beautiful woman who charmed her way into millions of Hindi cinegoer hearts was showing burdened by the strain of bad health that will finally end her career prematurely. Such a pity as her brief stay at the top of her movie career showed so much promise.

I am uploading all songs from the film and some version songs in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Aap Aye Bahaar Ayee (1971)"...

swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Beti Bete (1964)

This movie was a remake of the 1955 Telugu hit “Santhaanam”. It tells the story of a hapless little girl who is forced to take care of her two younger brothers. She is subjected to all kinds of atrocities and eventually ends of separated from both younger brothers. After several years they are all united but not before she subjected to more injustices.

Years ago I have enjoyed watching this film. But it was difficult to watch now. One major complaint I have with these movies is that the characters are etched out as one-dimensional. Either they are all good or they are all bad. Women keep on taking abuses and are treated as sexual objects.

But one thing about the film I have not changed my opinion. It is its music. The incomparable duo Shankar & Jaikishan deliver one of their best work in this film. They were ably supported by Dattaram & Sebastian D’Souza. Almost all songs became chartbusters with “Aaj Kal”, all three versions (two solos by Lataji and Rafi Saab, and the duet by Lataji & Rafi Saab), taking the top honors. Incidentally, in the 1955 Telugu original this song also was sung by Lataji herself. I am including this in my first post as a reference.

I am uploading the above mentioned songs and others from the film in three back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Continuing Songs from "Beti Bete (1964)"...

Here are more songs from this popular musical...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Beti Bete (1964)"...

Here are rest of the songs and a few music clips from this movie...
soumik

The only KK song in Rajendra Kumar's voice......

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 23 2017, 05:59 PM) *

(Anand Bakshi) Aap Aye Bahaar Ayee (1971)

This movie was produced and directed by Mohan Kumar from his own story. The problem is that the story is so hodge-podge that you have already seen something like it many times. One can tell what happens in the next scene and that lack of originality kills the film that has an above average score by its music director duo Laxmikant & Pyarelal.

Apparently this movie was popular. I can only think of one reason; LP’s music. Even that was not one of their memorable scores. Yet it was not bad.

A note about Sadhana. One can clearly see the health problems she was going through at this time. It was evident in her eyes during close-up shots. The sprightly beautiful woman who charmed her way into millions of Hindi cinegoer hearts was showing burdened by the strain of bad health that will finally end her career prematurely. Such a pity as her brief stay at the top of her movie career showed so much promise.

I am uploading all songs from the film and some version songs in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…

swarapriya
(Majrooh) Picnic (1966)

This film starts off as a comedy and continues so for nearly one-third of its length. Then it ends up as a muddled nonsensical drama. Also, I am not sure why the movie was named “Picnic”. It has nothing to do with it. A great thing about the film is its fine musical score by Mohinderji. It seems like some of the songs may have come from O.P. Nayyar’s song book, but no denying that Mohinderji does a great job. His is another story of those neglected talents by the Mumbai film industry.

The film gave top billing to Kalpana (of “Professor (1962)” fame) but her appearance was limited to two dance numbers. She had no other role in the film. It was Shobha Khote’s film followed by Azra.

Credits list for lyrics apart from Majrooh Saab another name, Firdaus. One of the reports I read reveal that Firdaus is none other than Majrooh Saab’s wife. I am not sure which of the song or songs she wrote.

The song “Aanchal Ko” appeared twice in the film. The shorter version had a different beginning. I am including both versions here. Also, the song “Mubaark Ho” that came near the end of the film is played in the background as the story kept moving forward. It was very noisy on the movie soundtrack. I could not find a better version any place. I am uploading it at lower bit rate.

Incidentally, lyricist Anand Bakshi Saab appeared as an actor playing a Fakir. He was there for one song, Rafi Saab’s “Bijli Giri”.

The movie boasts several hummable songs. But Lataji’s one song, a solo, steals the thunder. Her “Baalamwa” is a sheer beauty.

Here is this and other songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Rakhi (1962)

This film, that depicts the story of love and bonding between a brother and sister, was a remake of the 1961 super hit Tamil film “Pasamalar”. It was also successfully made in Telugu. In 1986 it was remade in Hindi as “Aisa Pyaar Kahan”.

“Rakhi” had good performances by Waheeda and Dadamoni. Ashok Kumar as the brother won the Best Actor Filmfare Award for his performance.

The movie has several good songs. Lataji’s “Baabul”, Ashaji’s “Sitaaro”, and Rafi Saab’s both solos “Raakhi” and “Ya Meri”. I am uploading these and other songs from this film below…
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Rungoli (1962)

Songs from this film were recently uploaded in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry751712

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Amar Prem (1971)

This movie was a remake of the 1970 Bengali film “Nishi Padma”. It was based on a short story by Bibhutibhushan Badopadhyay who was the author of Satyajit Ray’s Apu Trilogy stories. The Hindi film was produced and directed by Shakti Samanta. This was the third film in a row that starred Rajesh Khanna in Shakti’s films. All three were super hits making it a hat trick for Samanta.

Sharmila joins Shaktiji in this film once again. She was simply stunning to look at and does a magnificent job of acting. She was the dominating force in the entire film with Khanna taking a back seat. But even in a smaller role Kaka was great as Bengali Babu.

But it is not the story or performances that I took away from this film. It is the songs. It is pure sublimity. The mood of the movie was set in as the titles roll with Senior Burmanda singing magnificently the song “Doli Mein” in a rural ethos lamented mood. This was only the starter. Then like glittering and sparkling gems one song after another come through making a deep impression in your heart and on your mind. This was undoubtedly the monumental achievements for its music director R.D. Burman. The pinnacle of his career. It boasts several sensuous songs blended with a touch of melancholic haunting and a mix of spiritual philosophy. Anand Bakshi who wrote lyrics created several heart rendering songs that reverberate deep in the chambers of your heart. Several of these now classic songs were unforgettably sung by Lataji and Kishoreda. Interestingly, RD, who was known to compose music with a blend of western influence, came up here with a totally Indian version of the songs. See the picture attached below (from left to right, RD with Kishoreda, Shakti in the middle, and to the right Bakshi Saab with RD).

I am not familiar with Indian classical ragas but apparently most of the songs in the film were based on one or more of them. Here are example of this. The folksy song “Bada Natkhat” was based on the Khamaj raag. The unforgettable and deeply philosophical “Chingaari” was based on the Bhairavi raag. The scathing “Kuchh Toh” was also set in the Khamaj raag. The mellifluous honeyed “Raina” was set in the blend of two raagas. The mukhda was in the Todi raag and the antra was in the Khamaj raag. The meditative “Ye Kya” was based on the Kalavati raag.

In spite of all the magnificent efforts of RD, Bakshi Saab, Lataji, and Kishoreda, either not considered for any awards or received any. That year the Best Music Filmfare Award went to Shankar & Jaikishan for “Be-Imaan”. Now that is real be-imaani. Do you remember any good song from that film? Ghulam Mohammad Saab was at least nominated for his crowning glory “Pakeezah”. But even he was ignored. Bakshi Saab was nominated for “Chingaari” but lost to Verma Malik for the song “Jai Bolo Be-Imaan Ki”. This is another shameful thing. Mukeshji won the Best Male Singer Award for “Jai Bolo” edging out Kishoreda’s perennial heart grabber “Chingaari”. These are the state of affairs of our movie awards. Simply pathetic.

The music and songs of this film made such lasting impression that many young musicians created instrumental versions of them. I will go overboard in posting several of these. I have created nine separate posts for songs, specials, and instrumentals. The first two contain songs from the film. The third post contains a few specials and version songs. The fourth and fifth posts contain instrumentals of the song "Chingaari". A few instrumentals of the song “Kuchh Toh” are in the sixth post. The seventh and the eight post contain instrumentals of “Raina Beeti”. Lastly, the final post consists of instrumentals of “Ye Kya Hua”.

Here are the songs from this film beginning with the next post…
swarapriya
Songs from the Film "Amar Prem (1971)"...

Here are the first set of songs from this landmark album...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from the Film "Amar Prem (1971)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this film including all three Kishoreda's chartbusters that catapulted him to the top position as a singer...
swarapriya
A Few Specials Related to the Film "Amar Prem (1971)"...

Here are a few specials related to the songs from this film...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of the Song "Chingaari" from the Film "Amar Prem (1971)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the song "Chingaari"...
swarapriya
More Instrumentals of the Song "Chingaari" from the Film "Amar Prem (1971)"...

Here are a few more instrumentals of the song of the album "Chingaari" from "Amar Prem"...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of the Song "Kuchh Toh" from the Film "Amar Prem (1971)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the song "Kuchh Toh"...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of the Song "Raina Beeti" from the Film "Amar Prem (1971)"...

Following are some of the instrumentals of Lataji's beautiful rendition of "Raina Beeti Jaaye"...
swarapriya
More Instrumentals of the Song "Raina Beeti" from the Film "Amar Prem (1971)"...

Here are a few more instrumentals of the melodious song "Raina Beeti Jaaye"...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of the Song "Ye Kya Hua" from the Film "Amar Prem (1971)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the song "Ye Kya Hua" in this final post...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Geet Gaaya Pattharon Ne (1964)

This film was produced and directed by the brilliant film maker V. Shantaram. He also wrote its screenplay and was its editor. He introduced his daughter Rajshree as the leading lady of the film. Jeetendra, who appeared in his earlier super hit classic “Navrang (1958)” as a double in a dance sequence to its heroine (!) Sandhya, was given the male lead for the first time. The movie also has the great crooner C.H. Atma in a pivotal role.

The movie itself was alternatively beautiful to watch and other times bogged down in domestic problems of the leading couple. The story itself was credited to K.A. Narayan. However it was inspired on the life of the legendary 12th century sculptor from Karnataka named Jakkanacharya. The very same year Shantaramji’s movie was released a film based on the life of the sculptor was released both in Kannada and Telugu with the name “Amara Shilpi Jakkanna”. “Geet” however was updated to reflect urban times.

Shantaram utilized the talents of Ramlal as its music director for the second time in a row. He was so good in his earlier film the 1963 “Sehra” so it was not a surprise that he was hired to score music for this film. Ramlalji did not disappoint. He was absolutely brilliant. Each song became a chartbuster except for possibly “Raat Naujawaan”. Ahsaji, Kishori, Mahendra were all very good. But C.H. Atma with three songs easily stole the show. The CD version of the film has combined the song “Likh Deta” with “Ek Pal”. I am including it here for completeness sake but also uploading the DVD version of “Likh Deta” which is more elaborate with lots of mandolin music following it.

The fabulous Hasrat Saab wrote lyrics for all songs except for one. The one song Vishwamitra Adil wrote is “Aaiye Padhaariye”. His name was not listed as a lyricist even though he was responsible for the dialogues. Incidentally Vasant Desai, who was a regular with Shantaramji, scored the background music for the film. Someone told me that Desaiji helped Ramlalji in scoring both title tracks. I cannot substantiate it.

I am uploading all songs, a few music clips, and some instrumentals in three back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Geet Gaaya Pattharon Ne (1964)"...

Here are the rest of the songs and a few music clips from this beautiful musical...
swarapriya
Few Instrumentals of the song "Tere Khayaalon" frpm "Geet Gaaya Pattharon Ne (1964)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the song "Tere Khayaalon Mein Hum" from this film...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Teesri Manzil (1966)

This is one of my favorite movies. Everything comes together in this movie like a well-organized and well executed musical concert. The story, the songs, the music, the performances, they all add up to make “Teesri Manzil” a thoroughly enjoyable entertainer.

Nasir Husain, who produced the film, was busily getting ready with "Baharon Ke Sapne" and approached Vijay Anand to direct this movie. One of the reasons was that originally Vijay’s older brother Dev Anand was to star in it. But Dev was enjoying his new found success and recognition from making "Guide" and was not immediately available. Instead the role went to Shammi who was the hero of two of his previous blockbusters, "Tumsa Nahin Dekha" in 1957 and "Dil Deke Dekho" in 1959. Husain Saab wrote the story of the film, its screenplay, and dialogues as well.

Nasir Husain was looking for someone to compose the music and Shammi recommended his good friends Shankar and Jaikishan. Majrooh Sultanpuri, who wrote lyrics for every Nasir Husain movie and a close friend of Husain, suggested R.D. Burman’s name. R.D. was new to the game and had only "Chhote Nawab" behind him. However, Husain went along with the idea. Vijay Anand knew R.D. well (being son as well assistant of S.D. Burman), and liked the idea. But Shammi wouldn't budge. R.D. composed a couple of songs to convince Shammi that he will be able to do the justice and when Shammi heard them he had no problem.

R.D. became a regular with Nasir Husain for many of his future films. Together the tandem of Husain-Burman-Majrooh collaborated in churning out many memorable musical hits that are remembered even today after this many many years passed away.

The music of “Teesri Manzil” was a standout. It had breakaway music and sounds that were never heard on an Indian screen before. An excellent example of this is the duet Asha and Rafi Saab sang “Aa Jaa Aa Jaa Main Hoon Pyaar Tera”. It was a clever juxtaposition of Eastern and Western music, picturized with a touch of eroticism that was at once appealing to ears as well as hearts. Asha Bhosle and Rafi Saab sang all of the songs in the movie. Apart from the song already mentioned, the other standout songs are the beautiful duet of Asha and Rafi Saab, “O Mera Sona Re Sona Re” and the romantic solo of Rafi Saab “Deewaana Mujh Sa Nahin”. It turns out that this was the last Nasir Husain movie where Rafi Saab sang all of the male songs. He did return with a bang in Hussain's "Hum Kisise Kum Nahin (1977)" where he sang that memorable National Award winning song "Kya Hua Tera Vaada".

The picturization of the songs from this movie is still talked about. Vijay Anand used some unusual camera angles to film the songs, like a dance seen from an eye or a guitar hole. Incidentally Salim, who would later become part of the famous Salim-Javed writing team, played a bit role in the movie. He plays drums to Helen's song and the dance number "O Haseena Zulfon Waali". Salim, father of actor Salman Khan, later married Helen.

During the filming of this movie Shammi lost his actress wife Geeta Bali succumbed to a tragic illness. Vijay Anand helped Shammi overcome the grief by being supportive whenever it was necessary.

The songs from this film became so popular that they inspired many musicians to come up with instrumentals of them. I am uploading these along with songs from the film in eight back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain songs from the film. The third post contains a few specials. The fourth post contains instrumentals of the songs “Aa Jaa Aa Jaa”. The fifth post has a few instrumentals of “Deewaana Mujh Sa Nahin”. Instrumentals of the song “O Haseena” are in the sixth post. “O Mere Sona Re” instrumentals are in the seventh post. Finally, the eight and the last post consists of instrumentals of the song “Tum Ne Mujhe Dekha”.

The songs of the film start in the next post...
swarapriya
Songs from the Film "Teesri Manzil (1966)"...

Here is the first set of songs from the film...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from the Film "Teesri Manzil (1966)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from the film and a couple of version songs...
swarapriya
A Few Specials of the Songs from the Film "Teesri Manzil (1966)"...

Here are a few specials of the songs from the film...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of the Song "Aa Jaa" from the Film "Teesri Manzil (1966)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the song "Aa Jaa Aa Jaa"...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of the Song "Deewaana" from the Film "Teesri Manzil (1966)"...

Following are few instrumentals of the song "Deewaana" from the film...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of the Song "O Haseena" from the Film "Teesri Manzil (1966)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the song "O Haseena" from the film...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of the Song "O Mere Sona" from the Film "Teesri Manzil (1966)"...

The following post contains several instrumentals of the song "O Mere Sona Re"...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of the Song "Tum Ne" from the Film "Teesri Manzil (1966)"...

Instrumentals of the song "Tum Ne Mujhe" follow...
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Shaadi (1962)

This was Saira Banu’s second movie. This followed her blockbuster from previous year, “Junglee”. Unfortunately the movie was a big disappointment. It had a dull, drab, and hackneyed plot with one dimensional caricature people. The only saving grace for the film was its music. Most of the songs are fair to good. I am uploading these in the following post…
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Sangeet Samrat Tansen (1962)

This film probably was the greatest achievement of the classical music maestro S.N. Tripathiji (his photo attached below). He composed music for nearly 100 films, yet he never got his due for the songs he composed. This was mainly because almost all of his movies were either mythologies or a few were fantasies. These movies were considered to be B grade and he remained throughout his career as a B-movie music director.

Tripathiji’s career spanned over fifty years in the film industry. After assisting several music directors of the early film industry, he made his debut as an independent music director with 1942 “Chandan”. He was a multifaceted individual who also acted in 54 films (he was famous for portraying the role of Hanuman in many films), directed 17, wrote stories for another 7. He expertly mixed classical ragas with sounds of mandolin, shehnai, and violin that appealed to several followers of his music. Many music experts believe that as far as the classical music understanding goes he probably was in par with Naushadji and Vasant Desai Saab.

All songs from this film are simply gems. It is much to his credit of music sense, for example, the song “Raag Bhairav” consists of six separate raagas. I am ignorant of what these ragas are but I read some place that the ragas in this song are Bhairav, Malkauns, Hindol, Shree, Deepak, and Megh Malhaar. Mannada mentions these as he sang the song.

It appears that I may be missing three songs shown in red italics in the table given in the second post. I am requesting members to share these if they can. Thanks.

I am presenting all songs from this unforgettable album in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs starting in the next post…
swarapriya
Songs from "Sangeet Samrat Tansen (1962)"...

Here are the first set of songs from this mellifluous album...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Sangeet Samrat Tansen (1962)"...

It appears that I may be missing three songs from this film. These are listed in red italics in the table below.
I am requesting members to share these songs with rest of us if they can. Thanks.

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Banphool (1971)

This film was directed by Vijay Bhatt who made himself a lasting name with that brilliant musical “Baiju Bawra” in 1952. Unfortunately there was nothing novel in the story, screenplay or proceedings of this film. Its story has been told so many times in the movies that one can easily guess what is going to happen next. That predictability and lack of any novelty kills the joy of watching it.

An elephant has a starring role in this film. Interestingly, this very same year Rajesh Khanna’s hit film “Haathi Mere Saathi” was released few months earlier. Not only an elephant had a major role in that film, but also its music was composed by LP and lyrics were written by Bakshi Saab. However the comparisons end there.

This was the second film that year Jeetendra was able to withstand Rajesh Khanna’s tidal wave. The other hit film Jeetendra had was Nasir Hussain’s “Caravan”.

Per press reports this movie held on its own in spite of all the odds that were stacked against it. One song in particular, “Aahen Na Bhar”, became such a smashing hit that many pundits believe it helped the movie to enjoy its modest success.

I am uploading this and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Banphool (1971)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this film...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Ji Chahta Hai (1964)

This movie starts with a child marriage and the next few minutes will tell you what is going to happen in the rest of the film. It is simply mediocre. Mukeshji’s solo “Hum Chhod Chale” stands out among the drab, dull, and incoherent proceedings. I am uploading this and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts.

Here are the songs in the first post…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.