Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shair Aur Sargam
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Aashiq (1962)

Songs from this film were recently uploaded in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry751483

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Kati Patang (1970)

Shakti Samanta who gave “Aradhana” in 1969 that made Rajesh Khanna a superstar followed it with yet another social drama with him in the lead in this film. Like “Aradhana”, this film was also based on the 1950 English film “No Man of Her Own”. The English film was based on Cornell Woolrich’s English novel called “I Married a Dead Man”. Gulshan Nanda translated this into a Hindi novel. He followed it by writing the story for this film with Vrajendra Gaur. The film was remade many times in English and other languages throughout the world. South made the Hindi version of the film into all its four languages.

Interestingly Rajesh Khanna had a smaller role in this film. It was Asha Parekh’s movie all the way. From the beginning scene to the end of the film, she was almost in all frames. In a briefer role Rajesh appeared in several song sequences. These were four beautiful solos and a duet. Kishoreda lent his voice for Rajesh in all of the songs except for one. Mukesh sang that other song, an exceptional one indeed. R.D. who was in-charge of the music was at the top of his creative form. Combining with the talent of the lyricist Anand Bakshi Saab, they churned out several beautiful hits. Lata’s title song also belongs in this category.

Mukesh did not sing too many songs for RD. But by curious and strange coincidence he opted Mukesh to sing the unforgettable “Jis Gali Mein”. An extraordinarily beautiful song that touches your heart deeply. Too bad they did not come together more often.

The movie starts with a marriage band playing the music from “Aradhana”, the song “Mere Sapnon ki Rani”, then as the title music progresses it ends with Lataji humming beautifully. This is all in the title music I am uploading.

Asha Parekh grabbed the Best Actress Filmfare Award for her portrayal in this film. It turns out that this was the only time she got such an award.

The songs from this film became so enormously popular that several instrumentalists had them played on their respective favorite instruments. I am uploading all songs from the film (Post 1), a few version songs (Post 2), and several instrumentals (Post 3 through Post 6) in six back-to-back posts.

Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
A Few Version Songs from "Kati Patang (1970)"...

Here are a few version songs of some of the hit songs from the film...
swarapriya
"Kati Patang (1970)" Instrumentals...

Here are a few instrumentals of the songs from the film...
swarapriya
"Kati Patang (1970)" Song "Na Koi" Instrumentals...

Here are some of the instrumentals of the song "Na Koi Umang Hai" from the film...
swarapriya
"Kati Patang (1970)" Songs "Ye Jo" & "Ye Shaam" Instrumentals...

Here are a few instrumentals of the songs "Ye Jo Mohabbat" and "Ye Shaam Mastaani" from the film...
swarapriya
"Kati Patang (1970)" Song "Ye Shaam" Instrumentals...

In this final post I am uploading a few more instrumentals of the song "Ye Shaam" from the film. These are all from various CDs...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Dil Ek Mandir (1963)

Here is one of the finer movies of early 60's. Even though the story on occasion drifts into some preposterous postulations, overall it was very satisfying. The main reason was fine performances by the principal actors and great music by ever so dependable Shankar & Jaikishan.

This film was written and directed by Sridhar based on his hit Tamil film, "Nenjil Ore Alayam", released in 1962. Sridhar also remade this into Telugu in 1966 as "Manase Mandiram”.

“Dil Ek Mandir” was made in a record 27 days. That is quite an accomplishment as the principal actors were all busy with their own respective schedules. What made this possible was the same crew that worked on the Tamil movie which had the just finished work still fresh in their minds. Also, an already proven tight script was a big contributing factor.

Raaj Kumar won for his performance the Best Supporting Actor Award from Filmfare. Rajendra Kumar, who also starred in the same year in "Sangam", was given a Filmfare trophy as the Best Popular Actor, a new category created just for him. Meena Kumari lost the award for Best Actress to Nutan in "Bandini". Arjun Dev Rashk, who wrote some powerful dialogues for the movie, won the Filmfare Award in that category. S&J lost to Roshan for his unforgettable score in "Taj Mahal" in the Best Music Director category.
S&J utilize the talents of Suman Kalyanpur in many of the songs for this film. She came through in a great fashion. Her title song with Rafi Saab and her other two solos are beautiful to listen to. Lata also has a couple of lovely solos and so does Rafi Saab. Overall a rich and great musical experience. Incidentally like in many other of their movies, S&J were assisted by Dattaram & Sebastian.

I am uploading the songs from the film, a few version songs and several instrumentals in five back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
A Few Version Songs of "Dil Ek Mandir (1963)"...

Here is the title music and a few version songs of the songs from the film...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of the Song "Ruk Jaa" from "Dil Ek Mandir (1963)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the song "Ruk Jaa Raat" from the film...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of the Song "Yaad" from "Dil Ek Mandir (1963)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the song "Yaad Na Jaaye" from the film...
swarapriya
More Instrumentals of the Song "Yaad" from "Dil Ek Mandir (1963)"...

In this final post I am uploading more instrumentals of the song "Yaad Na Jaaye"...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Oonche Log (1965)

Here is an unusual film that spends nearly three quarters of the movie between its three major characters, Ashok Kumar, and his two grown up sons, Raaj Kumar and Feroz Khan. There is a female character, played by the newcomer K.R. Vijaya, but we hardly see her on the screen. She appears in a song that does not show her face as she is hiding behind foliage of a tree. Then she appears for ten seconds where we finally get to see her face lying in the deathbed. I am not sure why the director has decided to treat her character this way because as the movie unfolds her existence has a profound effect on everybody concerned.

Many critics agreed that this was the film that apparently established Feroz Khan as an actor to consider. I thought he was not given enough scope as all he has to do is smile and be happy in between the company he is in. Also he looked weighty especially in the (NCC?) uniform he wore.

The movie has only four songs, five if you consider both versions of “Haaye Re”. Lata’s solo version of “Haaye Re” and Rafi Saab’s “Jaa Dil-E-Deewaana” are simply outstanding. Both are sweet and unforgettable renditions by the crooners. The song “Aa Jaa Re” is only slightly behind.

Here are these and the rest of the songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Sanjog (1961)

This movie was directed by Pramod Chakraborty, who later produced and directed several popular films under his own banner, for comedian and character actor Om Prakash. Like the title suggests, there are too many coincidences in the movie that are not that hard to guess as the story proceeds. Rajendra Kumar and Mahmood make guest appearances with Mahmood performing a 10+ minute qawwali, “Jiss Raat Jale”, playing both the male and female parts.

The real highlight of the film is its music by Madan Mohanji to the lovely lyrics written by Rajinder Krishanji. There are several good songs in the film but I have two favorites. Lataji’s solo “Woh Bhooli Daatsaan” and Mukeshji’s solo “Bhooli Hui Yaadon” top the charts.

I am uploading these and other songs from the film, several specials, and a few instrumentals in four back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Sanjog (1961)"

Here are the rest of the songs and a few music clips from this film...
swarapriya
A Few Specials of the Songs from "Sanjog (1961)"...

Here are a few specials of the songs from the film...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of Songs from "Sanjog (1961)"...

swarapriya
(Shailendra) Asli-Naqli (1962)

Songs from this film were recently uploaded in this very thread. These are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry751536

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Khilona (1970)

This popular film gave then up-and-coming stars Sanjeev Kumar and Shatrughan Sinha good roles. That was especially true for Kumar. Mumtaz, who paired in that hit film “Do Raaste” the previous year with Rajesh Khanna, got a meaty role to exhibit her histrionics. The picture won few Filmfare Awards including the Best Picture for its producer L.V. Prasda, and the Best Actress for Mumtaz. Jeetendra appeared in a supporting role but was not credited in the titles.

Kumar has a tendency to overdo some roles. This film was no exception even though he got rave reviews from the press for his performance. The movie lost its tautness and momentum because it spent too much time on comedy that did not fit in with the proceedings. The climax of the film lasted almost 30 minutes even though the audience had pretty good idea how it was going to end. For that reason alone the movie became a real drag and unwatchable in the end.

The music of the film by LP and lyrics by Bakshi Saab lifted the film from being ordinary. Rafi Saab’s both solos and Lataji’s solo stand out. My personal favorite of the film is the song “Sanam Tu” by Lataji. Beautifully done and well-acted by Mumtaz.

I am uploading all songs from the film, a couple of version songs, and a few instrumentals in three back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Khilona (1970)"...

Here are the rest of the songs and a couple of version songs from this film...
swarapriya
Few Instrumentals of "Khilona (1970)"...

Here are a few instrumentals of the songs from this film...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Ek Dil Sau Afsane (1963)

This comedy drama is not that bad. And in spite of its fine music by S&J, the movie did not work. One reason may be that Raj Kapoor and Waheeda seemed to be a mismatch. Raj looked old and weighty whereas Waheeda looked young and fresh. Another reason is that the movie was in production for some time. It started in 1959 with Raj and Madhubala as his leading lady. After several months of shooting Madhubala fell ill. The production halted for Madhubala’s return. Madhubala could never return as she passed away due to an incurable heart ailment. The movie was in further hiatus until the producers decided to revive it. They approached Waheeda to replace Madhubala which she did. They have to reshoot again every scene with Waheeda. This delayed the production further. The songs were released earlier and became popular. But by the time the movie was released the songs were no more novelty.

S&J had only Sebastian as an assistant them this around (no Dattaram). His Goan background influence is apparent in many songs like “Door Ke”, “Mast Nazar”, “O Jaadugar”, and “Tum Hi”. Interestingly Rafi Saab lent his voice for Raj for the song “Tum Hi”. The story goes that Mukesh was not available when S&J were ready to record this song. They had Rafi Saab sing it. When Raj heard the final song he approved it. Later Mukesh also commented that he could not have done any better job.

I am uploading all songs and a couple of specials in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Ek Dil Sau Afsane (1963)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Teen Devian (1965)

This entertaining musical had Dev in real fix as three ladies from different backgrounds vie for his romantic affections. The women were played by Nanda, Kalpana, and Simi. But in this movie Kalpana stole the show. She gave an effervescent and bubbly performance with her unbound affection for Dev spilling eloquently all over through her eyes.

Burmanda’s music was the real highlight of the movie. All songs, beautifully penned by Majrooh Saab, were chartbusters. But song of the album is the solo by Kishoreda, “Khwaab Ho Tum”. In the following I am uploading this and rest of the songs and a few instrumentals in three back-to-back posts.

Here is the first set of the songs..
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Teen Devian (1965)"...

Here are the rest of the songs and music pieces from this beautiful musical...
swarapriya
Few Instrumentals of the Songs from "Teen Devian (1965)"...

swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Senapati (1961)

Prithviraj Kapoor plays the title role in this routine period drama. Madan Mohanji tries hard to provide good music for such a predictable and lame fare and he barely succeeds. Here are the songs in this film…
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Benarasi (1962)

The movie starts beautifully but bogs down most of the time. Yet it has some fine moments. Ruma Guha Thakurta shines in the title role and sings a couple of unforgettable songs to her credit. Ustad Ali Akbar Khan provided beautiful music for her songs. The movie even though was released as a Bengali film, had great deal of dialogues and songs in Hindi. Most songs have a lot of background talk going on and their crispness is gone because of this. For example, the song “Shabnam” by Rumaji has background crowd noise between 3:05 to 3:25. Yet it managed to be a beautiful song. But song of the album is “Lillaah Yeh Keh Do”.

A note about Rumaji. She is an actress, singer, and composer. She came from a distinguished family (her mother was the famous singer Sati Devi). She started as an actress in the 1944 Hindi film “Jwar Bhata”. When she was 17 she was married to the famous singer and comedian actor Kishore Kumar. Together they had a son, Amit Kumar. Seven years later they were divorced. However her career as an actress and singer flourished. Her last Bengali movie was the 1996 “Himghar”. She also appeared in the 2006 English film “The Namesake”. Altogether she acted in 55 films, mostly Bengali.

Here are the songs from the film…
neeltrivedirock
Thanks for these wonderful uploads. The mass quantity of the uploads you have provided to these forums is invaluable.

I noticed you uploaded a version song from the album Like Father Like Son by Vinod Rathod & Poornima.

Incidentally, I have a friend who's been searching for that particular album for a long time. Do you have more songs from that album?

If so, is it possible to upload them somewhere externally? (As I know uploading them in this particular section of these forums is not appropriate).

Any further information on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Neel

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 18 2016, 10:00 AM) *

(Majrooh) Teen Devian (1965)

This entertaining musical had Dev in real fix as three ladies from different backgrounds vie for his romantic affections. The women were played by Nanda, Kalpana, and Simi. But in this movie Kalpana stole the show. She gave an effervescent and bubbly performance with her unbound affection for Dev spilling eloquently all over through her eyes.

Burmanda’s music was the real highlight of the movie. All songs, beautifully penned by Majrooh Saab, were chartbusters. But song of the album is the solo by Kishoreda, “Khwaab Ho Tum”. In the following I am uploading this and rest of the songs and a few instrumentals in three back-to-back posts.

Here is the first set of the songs..

swarapriya
QUOTE(neeltrivedirock @ Nov 28 2016, 08:22 AM) *

Thanks for these wonderful uploads. The mass quantity of the uploads you have provided to these forums is invaluable.

I noticed you uploaded a version song from the album Like Father Like Son by Vinod Rathod & Poornima.

Incidentally, I have a friend who's been searching for that particular album for a long time. Do you have more songs from that album?

If so, is it possible to upload them somewhere externally? (As I know uploading them in this particular section of these forums is not appropriate).

Thanks,
Neel

Neel,

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Yes. I do have the first volume of this set. It is a 1996 album. I can post it here because others may like some of the songs in it. Please let me know if you want me to upload the album here.

Cheers,
S

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Maa Aur Mamta (1970)

This was Nutan’s movie. She was in almost every significant frame of the picture. Other actors had very little to do in this tearjerker drama of an unfortunate woman who sacrificed everything she dreamed about her life only to raise a child of unknown parents. L&P song compositions seemed like as if they were going through motions with most of them retreads of their previous hits.

I am uploading all songs and a couple of music clips in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Maa Aur Mamta (1970)"...

Here are rest of the songs and a few music clips from the film...
neeltrivedirock
Yes, please upload it when it's convenient.

Thanks,
Neel

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 30 2016, 10:17 AM) *

QUOTE(neeltrivedirock @ Nov 28 2016, 08:22 AM) *

Thanks,
Neel

Neel,

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Yes. I do have the first volume of this set. It is a 1996 album. I can post it here because others may like some of the songs in it. Please let me know if you want me to upload the album here.

Cheers,
S

surhall
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 30 2016, 09:58 PM) *

sangeet ka safar
very good thanks your service on hf
dhall rolleyes.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(surhall @ Dec 4 2016, 10:52 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 30 2016, 09:58 PM) *

sangeet ka safar
very good thanks your service on hf
dhall rolleyes.gif

Thank you very much Dhallji. Welcome back. Cheers.

swarapriya
Like Father Like Son - Vol. 1

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts on request. I am not sure how many volumes were published in this series. Currently I have only this album. This deals with the songs composed by SD Burman & his son RD Burman. These are all version songs.

The first post has five songs by SD. The second has five songs by RD. Here are the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Like Father Like Son - Vol. 1"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album, all composed by RD...
swarapriya
(Hasrat) Hamrahi (1963)

This film was adapted from the 1961 Telugu hit “Bharya Bharthalu”. With a razor thin and predictable plot the movie does not hold much interest except for its inconsistent but mostly fine music by the incomparable music director duo Shankar & Jaikishan. Two songs stand out above everything else. One of them is Lataji’s beautiful solo “Mann Re”. The other is the duet “Mujh Ko Apne”. The highlight of this duet is that Mubarak Begum lends her seldom used voice. With such an abundance of talent it is a shame that she was mostly ignored by our music directors.

I am uploading all songs, a few version ones, and some instrumentals in three back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Hamrahi (1963)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this film...
swarapriya
A Few Instrumentals of the Songs from "Hamrahi (1963)"...

swarapriya
(Majrooh) Afsana (1966)

A consummate artiste he was, Dada Moni gives an endearing performance as an escaped convict who repays the debt to the man who gave him the shelter. In an average musical score, Rafi Saab’s solo, “Chaand”, sparkles. Lataji’s “Jaise Kahin” is passable. I am uploading these and the other songs from the film, plus a few musical clips below…
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Suhag Sindoor (1961)

This film was based on a Tamil hit that starred Savithri, Sivaji Ganeshan, and Gemini Ganeshan. I saw the Tamil version (its name slips my mind) but could not get hold of a copy in Hindi. It was an average film that gets lost in too many twists for its own good.

Chitraguptji composed several fine songs for the film. My favorite is Lataji’s “Jo Main”. Krishan Saab’s lyrics for the song are simply superb. Here is this and other songs from the film…
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Dil Tera Deewana (1962)

Songs from this film were recently uploaded in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry751603

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Mastana (1970)

This movie starts as a warm relationship between a love starved little girl and an innocent grownup man but soon ends up as a hackneyed crime drama. It was directed by Subba Rao (of “Milan (1967)” fame) based on Balachander’s 1969 Telugu hit “Sattekaalapu Sattayya”. A solo by Kishoreda and his duet with Hemlata try to lift the movie but overall it is a major disappointment.

Mahmood played the central character and it seems like he is in almost all the scenes in the film. Padmini who put on lots of weight was another letdown. In a smaller role, however, a consummate artiste he was, Rehman gave a fine performance.

I am uploading all songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Mastana (1970)"...

Here are rest of the songs from this film...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Sehra (1963)

Illustrious Shantaram produced, directed, and edited this film. The story was another take on Shakespeare’s play “Romeo and Juliet”. There must have been hundreds of plays and movies made through out the world in many languages. Unfortunately this movie had nothing new to offer and in the end, except for its great music, was a total disappointment.

Mumtaz had a bit role in the film as the maid and companion of the leading lady. She had an identical role in Shantaram’s earlier 1961 hit “Stree”. In 1967, Shantaram finally gave her the leading role in his film “Boond Jo Ban Gaye Moti”.

As mentioned earlier, the music was exceptionally good. It was composed by Ramlal. He followed this with another hit musical for Shantaram, the 1964 “Geet Gaya Pattharon Ne”. Curiously with this type of success one expects that he will be flooded with offers. But unfortunately he disappeared from the movie scene without making further waves.

I am uploading all songs from the film and a few instrumentals in three back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Sehra (1963)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...
swarapriya
Few Instrumentals of the Songs from "Sehra (1963)"...

swarapriya
(Majrooh) Bewaqoof (1960)

I am re-uploading songs from this film on request...

It is a tragedy that we make comedies like this film. Besides having a major role in the film, I.S. Johar also was its story writer, producer, and director. Major problem with the movie was that the director could not decide whether it should be a comedy or a serious drama. An attempt to do this usually fails. That was the problem here. Besides, in the last third of the movie with Kishoreda in prison Johar provided all the limelight on himself coming up with heroics to prove innocence of his pal.

Both Kishore and Johar go through various disguises in the film. In one scene both leading ladies were disguised as men whereas both the men were disguised as women. In another scene we see Johar as an older woman trying to woo two older men. These antics simply go on and on with absurd lectures on moralities by various characters. The only bright spot among this goings on was Pran. A routine for him may be, but nevertheless it was a good performance. There was even a song picturized on him.

I read an article about how there was an advertisement gimmick that was played out for this film. Fans were asked to submit comments about the movie with prizes for the two top winners. The second prize winner said he was a “bewaqoof” because he did not see the movie. The top prize went to a person who sent the comment that he was a “bewaqoof” because he watched the movie!

Usually reliable SD, here he was assisted by RD, came up with an average score. There is a song by Rafi Saab in the film, “Hum Toh Hain”, but Rafi Saab was not listed in the credits. I am not sure why there was such an omission.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Bewaqoof (1960)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this film...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.