Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shair Aur Sargam
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
swarapriya
Musical Clips from "Holiday in Bombay (1963)"...

Here are some musical clips from this album...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Patita (1953)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...4658&st=383

swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Mr. India (1987)

Originally Salim & Javed wrote the story of this film with Amitabh in mind. But Amitabh decided to not act in the movie version of the story as he felt it did not offer too much acting scope where the hero has to disappear in many scenes. For nearly two years no one wanted to make the movie. Then the writing duo decided to make a major change to the story. They introduced the character “Mogambo” played by Amrish Puri. With this change, this time Boney Kapoor decided to make the film.

The movie became very successful thanks mainly due to some fine songs and the performances by the three principal actors; Sridevi, Anil Kapoor, and Amrish Puri. The movie also established Anil Kapoor as a dependable hero.

Almost all songs with Akhtar Saab’s fine lyrics became huge hits. The songs like “Hawa Hawaii”, “Zindgai” and others were chart busters. My favourite song from this album is the duet by Alisha and Kishoreda, “Kaate Nahin”. I am uploading these and other songs from this film and some instrumentals in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Mr. India (1987"...

Here are the rest of the songs and some instrumentals of the songs from this album...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Ek Hi Rasta (1956)

After moving to Delhi from Lahore during partition, a well-educated B.R. Chopra (Bal Raj Chopra) directed his first movie “Karwat” in 1949. However it was his second film “Afsana” released in 1951 that brought him fame and fortune. It had Ashok Kumar playing a dual role. It was later remade by Chopra as “Dastan” in 1974 with Dilip Kumar but it failed to click.

In 1956 he founded his own production company, BR Films. His maiden production was this film, “Ek Hi Raasta”. The movie tackled social problems a young widow faces in this society. It also dealt with the subject of widow remarriage. The movie was a huge hit.

Besides finely made and beautifully acted by its principles, the film had the soul stirring music composed by Hemantda. Mostly composed in classical vein, all songs were huge hits. Ravi Shankar Sharma (popularly known as Ravi) was its assistant music director. Earlier in 1954 Ravi collaborated with Hemantda by playing the “been” music for Hemantda’s another super hit “Nagin”.

Younger brother of BR, Yash Raj (popularly known as Yash Chopra) was one of the assistant directors of this film. I am uploading all songs and some music clips in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Some Musical Clips from "Ek Hi Rasta (1956)"...

Here are some musical clips and an instrumental...

swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Anarkali (1953)

Songs from this popular album were uploaded recently in this very thread. They are no longer available for download. However I can upload them again if there is a specific request.

Thanks & Cheers.
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Pooja (1954)

This is another Shankar & Jaikishan early album that has some beautiful numbers. The highlight of the album is the classical song in Madhuvanthi raag, “Room Jhoom”. This was sung beautifully by Krishna Rao Shankar Pandit and Rafi Saab. I found a live recording of this song that I am including here. It is a great rendition even though I am not clear who the singers are. Here is this and other songs from this fine album…
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Rail Ka Dibba (1953)

Here are the songs from this album...
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Jabse Tumhen Dekha Hai (1963)

Here are the songs from this film...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Shikast (1953)

Songs from this album were uploaded recently in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry721715

usrafian
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 18 2013, 02:24 PM) *

DSP,
Thanks for one more gem!

In the movie, all the songs are by Shailendra Mahan except this only qawwalli by Anand Bakshi Sahab, & it had made him the show stealer lyricist ….. ‘Tumhe Hushn Deke Khuda Ne..’. wub.gif

I also loved his another qawwalli from Kala Samander ‘Meri Tasveer Lekar Kay Karoge’. wub.gif wub.gif

During ‘golden era’, ‘qawwalli’ was a trend in every movie. Gone are the days now sad.gif

During the sixties era, Rafi & Lata had partitioned hence IMO the female singers in this qawwalli are Asha & Suman (not Lata). Pl comment.

BTW, uploading sweet humming by Geeta Bali ‘Ye Din, Din Hain Khushi Ke’, coutesy of HFM..
Click to view attachment

USR

swarapriya
QUOTE(usrafian @ Sep 19 2013, 10:16 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 18 2013, 02:24 PM) *

DSP,
Thanks for one more gem!

In the movie, all the songs are by Shailendra Mahan except this only qawwalli by Anand Bakshi Sahab, & it had made him the show stealer lyricist ….. ‘Tumhe Hushn Deke Khuda Ne..’. wub.gif

I also loved his another qawwalli from Kala Samander ‘Meri Tasveer Lekar Kay Karoge’. wub.gif wub.gif

During ‘golden era’, ‘qawwalli’ was a trend in every movie. Gone are the days now sad.gif

During the sixties era, Rafi & Lata had partitioned hence IMO the female singers in this qawwalli are Asha & Suman (not Lata). Pl comment.

BTW, uploading sweet humming by Geeta Bali ‘Ye Din, Din Hain Khushi Ke’, coutesy of HFM..
Click to view attachment

USR

Thanks for the snippet USR. About the qawwali singers. You could be right. I am hoping someone with the KOSH can come forward and clarify this.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
S

swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Tezaab (1988)

This movie was a huge hit and established Madhuri Dixit as a star to reckon with. Anil Kapoor followed his previous year hit "Mr. India" with this another great hit. The song "Ek Do Teen" written by Akhtar Saab became so popular that Madhuri was nicknamed "Ek Do Teen " girl. I am uploading this and other popular songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Tezaab (1988)"...

Here are some music clips and an instrumental of a song from this album...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Ek Shola (1958)

The music of this movie is very atypical of Madan Mohanji. One obvious difference is that there is no song by Lataji, a favorite of Mohan Saab. With Asha singing most of the songs, it appears that Mohanji abandoned his brand of music and tried his hand composing the songs in OP Nayyar style (especially with “Chhoodi Khanke”and “Hum Kaala”). In one of my earlier postings of these songs, one of our members mentioned that it was done this way because of the pressure brought by the producers. How far this claim is true is open to debate. But there is no debate if one says that Madanji pulls this off quite creditably. This is no more evident than in the catchy tune “Choodi Khanke”. Here is this and rest of the songs from this fine album…
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 21 2013, 05:05 PM) *

(Majrooh) Ek Shola (1956)

The music of this movie is very atypical of Madan Mohanji. One obvious difference is that there is no song by Lataji, a favorite of Mohan Saab. With Asha singing most of the songs, it appears that Mohanji abandoned his brand of music and tried his hand composing the songs in OP Nayyar style (especially with “Chhoodi Khanke”and “Hum Kaala”). In one of my earlier postings of these songs, one of our members mentioned that it was done this way because of the pressure brought by the producers. How far this claim is true is open to debate. But there is no debate if one says that Madanji pulls this off quite creditably. This is no more evident than in the catchy tune “Choodi Khanke”. Here is this and rest of the songs from this fine album…

dear swarapriya
Film EK SHOLA is from 1958(not 1956) according to HFGK.
Jhoom ke mann matawala-- is sung only by asha ji(no Mahendra kapoor voice)
taiyab
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Sep 21 2013, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 21 2013, 05:05 PM) *

(Majrooh) Ek Shola (1956)

dear swarapriya
Film EK SHOLA is from 1958(not 1956) according to HFGK.
Jhoom ke mann matawala-- is sung only by asha ji(no Mahendra kapoor voice)
taiyab

Thanks for pointing out the discrepancies. I made changes to the table but left the song as is. The table gives the information correctly.

Thanks again Dear Taiyab & cheers.
S
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Chacha Chowdhary (1953)

The story of this film revolves around a mentally deranged man who is committed to a lunatic asylum. He escapes the asylum and finds a place in a house with a disarrayed family who mistook him for their rich uncle. In due course, the man who is supposed to be crazy solves everyone’s problems in the household who are driving each other and themselves crazy. A very interesting premise for a story but Raja Paranjape, the actor who played Chacha and directed the film, distracts the main storyline with too many trifle things. In the end, what should have been a gripping drama based on a powerful story, even though has its moments, ends up as just another ordinary and forgettable film.

This is another Madan Mohanji’s album without Lataji’s songs. However Asha does beautifully well in all of her songs. My favorite song of the album is “Jaa Dekhi”.

I have no clue who the singer of the classical raga song “Bahaar Aaye”. I am requesting members to fill in the blanks if they have any information. Here is this and other fine songs from this film…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Chacha Chowdhary (1953)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

swarapriya
(Shailendra) Amanat (1955)

This movie came from Bimal Roy’s production house. Roy was its producer but not the director. One of the hallmarks of Bimalda’s movies was their simplicity. From this he created people in all their colours, good and evil, selflessness and greed, and other shades. This movie is not much different from this premise.

Chand Usmani was the leading lady of the film. She looked lean and charming and had a happy role for most of the movie. She appeared in only few movies as a leading lady but was in supporting roles in several others. She never had many chances to prove her mettle. It was I am sure very difficult to follow the footsteps of her famous sister, Meena Kumari.

Interestingly, Mahmood made a brief appearance in the beginning of this film. He was one in the crowd and had couple of dialogues. This was much before he became famous as a comedian.

Salilda composed some fine numbers for the film. The song of the album is the duet by Geetaji and Hemantda, “O Jab Se Mili”. When this pair sang together, they always produced some memorable songs. This song is no exception. Here is this and other songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Amar (1954)

This was an unusual film from the brilliant Mehboob Khan Saab. This movie with the leading man having to live with an ugly secret was definitely ahead of its time. Madhubala was not only beautiful but very radiant throughout the movie. But the movie belonged to Dilip Saab. The love he has for one woman and the transgression he committed with another in a moment of weakness, the anguish, the suffering, and the pain the role calls for, Dilipji pulled off all these shades brilliantly. I don't believe Dilip Saab ever played such a complex character anytime in his entire career and he does this ever so effortlessly, the magnificent actor he is.

Naushadji's songs are things of beauty. Every song has his trademark simple instrumental touch that is liltingly melodious. But the song that is the soul of the movie is "Insaaf Ka Mandir Hai". Rafi Saab elevates this song to magnificence with his mesmerizing voice. Portions of the song are played throughout the film, five times altogether. The movie starts with this song and ends with it. In between these two, it appears three more times.

I am uploading these songs in three back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain songs from the film. The third post contains some music clips and instrumentals.

Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Continuing Songs from "Amar (1954)"...

Here are the next set of songs from this fine album...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Amar (1954)"...

Here are some music clips from the film...

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Phool Bane Angarey (1963)

I am uploading songs and some music clips from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Music Clips from "Phool Bane Angarey (1963)"...

I may be missing the song shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, and if you can, please kindly share. Thank you.

Here are a few music clips from this film...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Baadshah (1954)

Songs from this album were uploaded recently in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...4658&st=424
swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Joshilaay (1989)

swarapriya
(Majrooh) Heer (1956)

With the unprecedented success of “Anarkali” in 1953, there was a spate of films telling or retelling of legendary tragic romantic tales. The very same year 1953 saw the tale of “Laila Majnu” with Nutan and the newcomer Shammi Kapoor (he made his debut with “Thokar” the same year). “Sohni Mahiwal” with Nimmi will come later in 1958. This film with Nutan from “Laila Majnu” and Pradeep Kumar from “Anarkali” tells the tragic tale of Heer & Ranjha.

The distinguishing feature of this film was its fine music composed by Anil Biswas. It has tons of songs that are beautiful to listen to. Majrooh Saab wrote lyrics for a majority of then. Two songs were written by Rajinder Krishanji.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Heer (1956)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...

swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Dhuaan (1953)

I am uploading most of the songs from this album below. It appears like I may be missing at least two. These are shown in red italics in the table below. If you can please kindly share these with rest of us. Thank you.

Here are the songs I have...
coolkee
Thank you so much Swarapriya Ji

Coolkee
swarapriya
QUOTE(coolkee @ Sep 29 2013, 01:26 AM) *

Thank you so much Swarapriya Ji

Coolkee

Sure thing. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Chingari (1955)

swarapriya
(Shakeel) Chor Bazar (1954)

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Raja (1963)

I am uploading five songs from this album below. I am missing at least one song shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share this or any other missing songs they may have. Thanks.

Here are the songs I have from this album...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Boot Polish (1954)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...4658&st=440

swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Main Azaad Hoon (1989)

Unfortunately this is one of those lesser known works of Amitabh. It came at a time when his fortunes were down and audience paid little attention to it. In spite of a brilliant performance by Amitabh who was ably supported by Shabana, the movie was a box-office failure.

Tinnu Anand, who earlier made "Kaalia (1981)" and "Shahensha (1988)" with Amitabh, directed this film. It so happens that this movie, even though it was a very good one, was not an original. It was almost a direct lift from Frank Capra's unforgettable classic, the 1941 Hollywood film, "Meet John Doe". That starred Gary Cooper and Barbara Stanwyck whose roles were respectively reprised by Amitabh and Shabana in Hindi. I think performances of the principal actors were far better in Hindi than their English counterparts.

Shabana’s spouse Javed Akhtar Saab took the credit as the writer. Her father Kaifi Azmi Saab wrote the lyrics.

There is only one song in this film, parts of which appear through the entire length of the movie. The song written by Kaifi Azmi Saab was sung by Amitabh himself. I am uploading this song, all five parts of it, and several music clips ripped from a DVD.

Here are these...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Ham Sab Chor Hain (1956)

Shammi Kapoor was just a year away from stardom but this fun movie from Filmistan was one of his early successes. This was thanks to the story and deft direction of I.S. Johar who also had a major role in the film. The movie’s success also was helped by the hit music of OP. Here he teamed once again with Majrooh Saab and came up with several catchy tunes.

Ameeta had a supporting role to Nalini Jaywant who was the leading lady in the film. She, Shammi, OP and Majrooh Saab will team up again in 1957 for “Tumsa Nahin Dekha” for the blockbuster from Filmistan that will establish once for all Shammi as a bankable star and recognizable hero.

Here are the songs from this fine album...
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Jhamela (1953)

The team that gave “Albela” in 1951, Geeta Bali, Bhagwan, C. Ramchandra & Rajinder Krishan were back together again for this movie. The comedian-actor Bhagwan once again wrote its story, acted in it, produced and directed the film. However the film failed to capture the same magic. Even the songs of the film turned out to be average except for a couple of solos of Lataji. Especially the song “Kaahe Naina Lade” is worth mentioning. Here is this and other songs from this album (except for the missing song, shown in red italics in the table below; please share if you can.. Thanks.)…
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Madh Bhare Nain (1955)

This early album by Burmanda has several good songs. My favorite is Lataji's melodious "Aa Palkon Mein Aa". Here is this and other songs from this film...
Devje
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 6 2013, 11:13 AM) *

The team that gave “Albela” in 1951, Geeta Bali, Bhagwan, C. Ramchandra & Rajinder Krishan were back together again for this movie. The comedian-actor Bhagwan once again wrote its story, acted in it, produced and directed the film. However the film failed to capture the same magic. Even the songs of the film turned out to be average except for a couple of solos of Lataji. Especially the song “Kaahe Naina Lade” is worth mentioning. Here is this and other songs from this album (except for the missing song, shown in red italics in the table below; please share if you can.. Thanks.)…

Great thank's for this.
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 6 2013, 01:43 PM) *

dear swarapriya
according to HFGK
song Kaisi hai ye duniya is sung by MEENA KAPOOR not LATAJI
song Rota hai mera dil is sung by Chitalkar & Francis waz
just correction
thanks
taiyab
swarapriya
QUOTE(Devje @ Oct 7 2013, 09:07 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 6 2013, 11:13 AM) *

Great thank's for this.

You're very welcome Dear Devje. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Oct 7 2013, 12:23 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 6 2013, 01:43 PM) *

dear swarapriya
according to HFGK
song Kaisi hai ye duniya is sung by MEENA KAPOOR not LATAJI
song Rota hai mera dil is sung by Chitalkar & Francis waz
just correction
thanks
taiyab

My Dear Taiyab,

Thank you very much for the suggested corrections. I have made changes to the table to reflect your recommendations.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
S

swarapriya
(Shakeel) Mirza Ghalib (1954)

This film was produced and directed by Sohrab Modi who was famous for making historic epics on a grand scale. “Mirza Ghalib” mostly revolved around the ill-fated love between Ghalib and a courtesan named Chaudhvin. In 1954, the Government of India instituted National Film Awards. “Ghalib” was the first film to win the President’s Medal for the Best Feature Film in Hindi.

Even though the movie received awards and critical praises, I felt it was disappointing. Most of the characters in the film, including the principal ones, were not fully etched. Even the romance between Ghalib and Chaudhvin seemed like one sided affair. Whereas Chaudhvin’s love for Ghalib was burning passion, yet the same thing cannot be said about Ghalib’s response towards her.

Bhushan as Ghalib gave a wooden, expression less, a performance that was void of emotions and was utterly unconvincing as the great poet. That was the major problem with the film. Any poet thrives on emotion. And Ghalib was one of the greatest ever. Yet the emotions, the passion, the love for life just don’t come through from Ghalib’s character as it was depicted in the film. Ulhas, who played the role of the antagonist in the film as Kotwal, had considerable screen time and was too loud and simply unwatchable.

What saved the day for the film was its music by Ghulam Mohammad Saab. There are many beautiful songs in it. Suraiya as Chaudhvin was a spark of the film. Her songs and sweet voice breathed life into the proceedings. I wish there was more of her than others who occupied much of the time in the film.

I am uploading songs and few ghazal snippets that occur throughout the movie in three back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Continuing Songs from "Mirza Ghalib (1954)"...

Here are more songs from this fine album...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Mirza Ghalib (1954)"...

Here are some ghazal snippets and more music from this film...
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Sunehri Nagin (1963)

Back in 1954 Kalyanji Virji, along with Ravi, was assistant to the music director of “Nagin”, Hemantda. Both Kalyanji and Ravi later had their own successful stints as independent music directors. Kalyanji started as a solo music director but later had his brother Anandji Virji join him to form the team Kalyanji & Anandji. “Nagin” made been music very famous and its songs are still popular with music lovers. Kalyanji got another opportunity to use the been music, this time with this film “Sunehri Nagin”.

Laxmikant & Pyarelal, another music director duo that were to make their mark in the film music, were assistant music directors for this film. This very same year, 1963, LP made debut as independent directors with a loud bang. Their first film “Parasmani” with every song a chart buster was a phenomenally successful musical album.

Kalyanji & Anandji in their career gave a break to many promising singers. Here they used the singing talent of Kamal Barot in three songs.

Babubhai Mistry, known as a wizard of special effects, directed this listless movie. Helen was the leading lady of the film. I am not sure how many opportunities she had in her career to play the role of a heroine. The movie was shot in both black & white and color. All songs and the last 10 minutes of the film were in color.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Sunehri Nagin (1963)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.