Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shair Aur Sargam
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
swarapriya
QUOTE(soumik @ Aug 28 2014, 08:36 AM) *

Dear Swarapriya,

As far as I know that Sahara is an unreleased film; did not released in 1987...

Soumik

May be so. The date I got probably reflects when the song was released. Thanks for the info.

Cheers,
S

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Jawan Mard (1966)

I have only one song available from this movie that I am uploading here. There seem to be at least five other songs that I am missing. These are shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to kindly share these or any others not listed here from this film if they can. Thank you.

Here is the only song I have from this album...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Do Phool (1958)

This film is an adaptation of the famous children’s book “Heidi”. The book was written by the Swiss author Johanna Spyri in 1880. It is one of the best known in Swiss literature and is one of the best-selling books in the world. It was made into a movie nearly 30 times in various languages and spanned several television series both episodic as well as animated throughout the world. Even though adapted, “Do Phool” kept the spirit of the original book intact.

The music for the film was composed by Vasant Desai. There are several beautiful songs in the film like “Aayi Pari”, “Main Buzubaan”, and others. I am uploading these and others in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Do Phool (1958)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Heer (1956)

I have uploaded songs from this album few months back in this very thread. If anyone is interested in them, I can re-upload them.

swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Angaaray (1998)

Even though Mahesh Bhatt produced and directed many fine films based on original material, he also famously made many movies based on English films without an iota of acknowledgement. This is one of those films. However he was not the producer. It was adapted from the 1990 English film “State of Grace” that starred twice Oscar winning actor Sean Penn. Penn’s movie was critically acclaimed but fared badly at the box-office. Bhatt took the material and Indianized making it into a taut and well-made thriller. Akshay Kumar who led the cast performed all his own stunts including some risky ones. The female characters have little to do in the film. Most of the supporting actors performed well. The movie was a decent hit.

Only five years later Mahesh Bhatt decided to make this movie once gain. This time he hired Vikram Bhatt to direct it. The movie starring Aftab Shivdasani, “Footpath”, was a flop.

There are two music directors for this film, Aadesh Shrivastava and Anu Malik. In general Mahesh Bhatt’s films have some very good songs. This film has some decent ones but a cut below Bhatt’s other movies. I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Angaaray (1998)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this film...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Zimbo (1958)

Homi Wadia produced and directed this film in which he introduced actor Azad in the title role. It may be a new hero and a new name for the ape-man hero “Zimbo”, but the movie was simply a remake of “Tarzan”. However, the movie was a surprise hit with several popular songs in it and spawned two sequels, also starring Azad.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Zimbo (1958)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Dilli ka Thug (1958)

Songs from this film were uploaded few months back in this very thread. If anyone is interested I will be happy to re-load them.

swarapriya
(Shakeel) Door Ki Awaz (1964)

Devendra Goel introduced Ravi as a music director in his film “Vachan” in 1955. Incidentally the film also introduced Rajendra Kumar. The songs from that film were hit, especially Asha’s solo “Chandamaama Door Ke”. After that successful debut, Ravi was a constant for most movies either produced or directed by Goel. This film was one of them.

In this film Ravi once again joins hands with Shakeel Saab. All songs from this film were huge hits. Out of the nine songs in the film, Rafi Saab had five solos and two duets. The other two are solos by Asha. Of all the Rafi Saab’s songs from this film the one that became most popular was “Husn Se”. The song was almost picturized like the title song from Guru Dutt’s “Chaudvin ka Chand (1961)”. Incidentally that song also had the combined talents of Shakeel Saab and Ravi.

I am uploading “Husn Se” and other songs from the film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Door Ki Awaz (1964)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Pati Patni (1966)

This was the second association of Anand Bkashi Saab with R.D. Burman. Their first association was in 1965 for the film “Teesra Kaun”. It did not set anything on fire. But that changed with this film. Several songs from this album, sublime to zany, became very popular. This foundation paved the way to the hit parade this pair was collaborated with, in nearly 100 films.

My favorites from the album are the solos by Lataji. Lataji had three solos, even though the song “Saare Jagat” is the continuation of “Naa Mujh Mein”. But the song of the album is Lataji’s stirring and mellifluous rendition of “Kajre Badarwa”. If you did not know that the music was composed by RD, a listening to this song can easily convinces that it has to be Senior Burman’s music. The musical arrangement was that impeccably close to SD’s trademark imprint.

I am uploading this and other songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Pati Patni (1966)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this film...
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Howrah Bridge (1958)

Even though watching this movie now feels very dated yet it has several admirable things going for it. One of the major problems is that some of the important characters in the film look and behave like cartoons. Madan Puri’s Chinese role is a prime example of this. But here are some of the things that one feels good about the overall film…

“Howrah Bridge” made by the producer and director Shakti Samanta (later of “Aradhana (1959)” fame) borrowed heavily from the movies of Humphrey Bogart in which his costars were either Lauren Bacall or Ava Gardner. The whole atmosphere of the movie that was a murder mystery gives that feeling. It was helped by the brilliant cinematography that showed the grimy streets, seedy people, shifting landscape, and shady nightclubs. Yet Kolkata (Calcutta that time) is shown in all its glory with several exotic locales, especially during the song “Eent ki Dukki” sung beautifully by Rafi Saab. The magnificent Howrah Bridge served as an appropriate backdrop for the song.

Ashok Kumar in some scenes impeccably looked like Humphrey Bogart, mainly because he was suited up that way. But Dadamoni was his own actor and he displays that ease and smile with his role that leaves an impression that he was enjoying every minute of it all. By the way, Bogey never smiled in his movies. Incidentally Ashok’s Saab’s lighting up a cigarette in most of the scenes at least dates back to this film, again a habit Bogey had in his films.

Madhubala playing an Anglo-Indian looked absolutely gorgeous and was dressed up very much like Bogey’s costars Lauren Bacall and Ava Gardner. She looked very lush in full skirts and was stunningly radiant throughout the movie. Her infectious smile torches the screen with the sensuality and sexiness seldom seen on the screen. This is further exemplified by the song done beautifully by Asha, “Aaiye Meherbaan”. Incidentally Madhubala’s song from the film “Mahal (1949)”, “Aayega Aanewaala”, with Ashok Kumar made Lata a singing sensation. The song “Aaiye” almost did the same favor for Asha. Even though she was an established singer at this time, the song proved Asha to be one of our great singers, no less talented than her famous sister.

Helen who is an Anglo-Burmese by birth appears briefly in a dance number in the movie, cutely made up like a Chinese doll. She was still new into the movies, only 19 when this film was made. Her song in the night club, “Merra Naam Chin Chin Chu” had sparks flying all over thanks to the singing of Geetaji. This song not only became a perennial favorite among film-goers but is still popular all over the world. For Geetaji, who was instrumental in kick starting the career of music director O.P. Nayyar with several assignments for her husband’s (Guru Dutt) films during OP’s struggling days, this was the last song she sang for him. It is such a pity because together these two who were brilliant in their respective fields and gave us so many winning songs as a team could not come to grips to work together again. OP later acknowledged that it was a mistake on his part not to utilize Geetaji’s talents any further after the “Chin Chin” song. He cited that he was forced to make the decision as Asha apparently threatened to no longer sing for him.

Talking about the music, here OP delivered some of his best work. Every song is such a delight. His music always has that tilt towards lilt, sensibility of sensuality, and caressing carefree feeling. If nothing else the songs mentioned earlier have stood the test of time proving once again what kind of a musical genius he was. G.S. Kohli was the assistant music director of the film.

I am uploading these songs in three back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain songs from an original soundtrack album. The third post has three several instrumentals of the song “Aaiye”.

The songs and the instrumentals start beginning in the next post …

swarapriya
Songs from "Howrah Bridge (1958)"...

Here is the first set of highly entertaining and very popular songs from this film...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Howrah Bridge (1958)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this highly entertaining album...
swarapriya
Instrumentals of "Aaiye Meharbaan" from "Howrah Bridge (1958)"...

Here are several instrumentals of Asha's breezy rendition of "Aaiye Meherbaan" song from the film...
swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Bada Din (1998)

This album is a mixed bag. Some songs, including lyrics, are passable. Then there are others that are excellent. These include Sanu’s “Kehta Hai”, the duet by Alka & Udit, “Oonche Neeche”, and the super duet of Alka & Sanu, “Suno Zara”. I am uploading these and other songs from an original soundtrack album in two back-to-back posts.

Here is the first set…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Bada Din (1998)"...

swarapriya
(Majrooh) Ardhangini (1959)

This movie was produced and directed by Ajit Chakrabarty for Mars & Movies, late Amiya Chakrabarty’s banner that was responsible for movies like “Daag (1952)”, “Patita (1953)”, “Seema (1956)” and other fine films. After Amiyaji passed away in 1957 Ajit took over the reins of Amiya’s production company. I am not sure how Ajit is related to Amiya Saab, don’t know whether he was his brother or son, but he made three films. This film “Ardhangini” is one of them. The other two films were “Apne Huye Paraye (1964)” and “Pagla Kahin Ka (1970)’.

All of Amiyaji’s films that he produced and directed except for the last one had music by Shankar & Jaikishan. The last film he made in 1957, the year of his death, was “Dekh Kabira Roya”. It had music by Madan Mohan Saab. Ajit however opted for Vasant Desai to compose music for “Ardhangini”. Desai who was so good in many films for which he composed music for, this time was a bit disappointing.

Here are the songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Mem Sahib (1956)

This movie was based on the story of culture clash between East (represented by saintly Kishoreda) and West (played roguishly by Shammi). By the time the movie was over as expected Eastern culture prevails.

Here is an early Madan Mohan Saab’s movie that has no songs by Lataji. Ashaji grabs the opportunity and smells like a million roses. I like her solos “Dil Dil Se” and “Ishq Ek”. The latter almost sounds like it was inspired by songs from “Anarkali (1953)”. The lyricist Rajinder Krishanji was a common factor for both the films. Incidentally if one pays close attention to the title music, Madan Saab borrows part of its music from Raj Kapoor’s “Awaara (1952)” song “Ab Raat Guzarne Waali Hai”.

Kishore’s version of “Dil Dil Se” was also a runaway popular hit. There are a couple of duets of Asha and Talat that are also pleasing. I am uploading these and others in two back-to-back posts. In the first post I am including all the songs from the film. In the second post I am uploading some music clips and instrumentals.

Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Mem Sahib (1956)"...

Here are some music clips and instrumentals of the song "Dil Dil Se"...
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Kaise Kahoon (1964)

This movie was directed by Atma Ram, younger brother of the late Guru Dutt. Ram was involved in variety of activities in film making including stints as a producer, assistant director, second unit director, director, actor, controller of production and in other capacities. He was involved with movies, documentaries, and TV Series. He left for England in disgust when his brother Guru Dutt reneged on his promise to have him direct “C.I.D.” that Guru offered instead to Raj Khosla. He later came back to India after Guru’s death to keep his brother’s banner alive by making movies. His 1968 directorial effort “Shikar” was a huge hit.

“Kaise Kahoon” is a simple movie that did not make anyone to get noticed. However it will be remembered for its great songs and rich lyrics of those songs. After the mixed reaction they received for the work on “Benazir” they collaborated together for the first time, people were skeptical about how Burmanda and Badayuni Saab combination will work this time around. Well, this album quieted every critic. It is an absolute beauty. Almost all songs sparkle like gems. I am not going to single out which song is my favorite because there are so many of them I have in this album. Incidentally, RD Burman was the film’s assistant music director.

One note. The song snippet "Saaz-E-Dil" I am including here in the first post is in the DVD. I am not sure whether this song is from this film or not. In the film it was played briefly on a record player. I am including here because it is in the film. If anyone has more details on this, please kindly share with us. Thanks.

I am uploading all songs and some music clips in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Some Music Clips from "Kaise Kahoon (1964)"...

Here are some music clips from this fine album...
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Madhumati (1958)

“Madhumati” is like a poem on the celluloid. It has that lyrical quality, that melancholic beauty, that haunting sweetness that stays with you forever. Bimalda who directed the movie was unquestionably a cinematic genius. But he was working here with an unusual type of subject. Yet the film clearly demonstrated why he was such a brilliant director. Every frame has his masterly touch. Every scene has his indelible imprint. Everything in the film seems to work together like a well-oiled machine. Its story and its unfolding, its acting, its music, its crisp editing, its photography, its unspoiled locales, its innocent and simple folks in the backdrop of the story, it is like a magnificent book that is engrossing from its cover page to the last that once you start reading it is difficult to put it down.

Bimalda, master of his craft, created an unforgettable ambience and set the movie into motion in a heartwarming romantic mood. He was brilliantly aided by the unforgettable camera work and inspiringly moody but melodious music. In Salilda’s hands the music becomes such an integral part of the movie that it casts a magic spell on you. Listen to the haunting melody of “Aa Jaa Re Pardesi” as Vyjayanti Mala glides through the mist. How about the echo ridden song in the amazing voice of Mukesh intersecting with not so far away horizons when he sings “Suhaana Safar”? What a lovely folksy and festive song it is, the song “O Daiyya Re Daiyya Re Chadh Gaya Paapi Bichchua” in the lovely voices of Lata and Mannada. You feel the aches of love and pangs of separation when you hear that beautiful song “Dil Tadap Tadap”. You feel distressed when Rafi Saab sings “Toote Hue Khwaabon Ne”. Salilda’s magnificent score was saturated with the divine beauty of the surroundings the movie was shot in. His music apparently showed the inspiration he clearly drew from the days he spent growing up in the hills of Assam.

Dilip gives a great performance. But these types of roles are just a routine for him. One expects this from Dilip Saab and he seldom disappoints you. He has done them before. He will do more of them in the years ahead. But the real show stealer was the performance by Vyjayanti Mala in the title role. Looking stunningly beautiful, she displayed hitherto unexplored histrionic talents that keep the viewer spellbound. As an innocent simple woman with no worldly experiences she shone brilliantly like an uncut diamond. As a woman falling in love she expressed her anxieties and vulnerabilities with graceful ease. As a lovely dancer she was full of glee and gay abandon. This was a total and complete film for her.

“Madhumati” was a biggest commercial success for Bimalda. The movie walked away with a whole bunch of Filmfare awards. It won awards for Best Picture (Bimal Roy), Best Director (Bimal Roy), Best Actress (Vyjayanti Mala), Best Music (Salil Chowdhury), Best Supporting Actor (Johnny Walker), Best Art Direction (Sudhendu Roy), Best Editing (Hrishikesh Mukherjee), Best Female Singer (Lata Mangeshkar for “Aa Jaa Re Pardesi”), Best Dialogue (Rajinder Singh Bedi), and Best Cinematography (Dilip Gupta). Its story and screenplay were written by Ritwik Ghatak, an eminent director himself, who was nominated but did not win. Dilip was nominated for Best Actor but lost out to Dev Anand for “Kala Pani”.

I am uploading all songs from this album, some music clips, several specials, and a whole bunch of instrumentals of these popular songs in six back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain songs from the movie. The third post contains several specials. The other three posts contain instrumentals.

The songs start beginning in the next post…

swarapriya
Madhumati (1958) - Post 1 (Songs)

Here are the songs in this post...
swarapriya
Madhumati (1958) - Post 2 (Songs)

Here are the rest of the songs and some music clips from this film...
swarapriya
Madhumati (1958) - Post 3 (Specials)

Here are some specials of some songs from the film...
swarapriya
Madhumati (1958) - Post 4 (Instrumentals)

Here are some instrumentals of the popular song "Aa Jaa Re Pardesi"...
swarapriya
Madhumati (1958) - Post 5 (Instrumentals)

Here are instrumentals of the songs "Dil Tadap Tadap Ke" and "Suhaana Safar"...
swarapriya
Madhumati (1958) - Post 6 (Instrumentals)

This final posting consists of more instrumentals of the popular songs from the film...
soumik

Dear Swarapriya Bhai,

The small snippet "Maala Teri" does not sounds like KK's voice....I have not seen this movie...Does this song picturised on KK in the movie????

Regards,

Soumik

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 21 2014, 07:30 PM) *

(Rajinder Krishan) Mem Sahib (1956)

This movie was based on the story of culture clash between East (represented by saintly Kishoreda) and West (played roguishly by Shammi). By the time the movie was over as expected Eastern culture prevails.

Here is an early Madan Mohan Saab’s movie that has no songs by Lataji. Ashaji grabs the opportunity and smells like a million roses. I like her solos “Dil Dil Se” and “Ishq Ek”. The latter almost sounds like it was inspired by songs from “Anarkali (1953)”. The lyricist Rajinder Krishanji was a common factor for both the films. Incidentally if one pays close attention to the title music, Madan Saab borrows part of its music from Raj Kapoor’s “Awaara (1952)” song “Ab Raat Guzarne Waali Hai”.

Kishore’s version of “Dil Dil Se” was also a runaway popular hit. There are a couple of duets of Asha and Talat that are also pleasing. I am uploading these and others in two back-to-back posts. In the first post I am including all the songs from the film. In the second post I am uploading some music clips and instrumentals.

swarapriya
QUOTE(soumik @ Sep 25 2014, 08:31 AM) *

[size=3]Dear Swarapriya,

The small snippet "Maala Teri" does not sounds like KK's voice....I have not seen this movie...Does this song picturised on KK in the movie????

Regards,

Soumik

Yes. The song was picturized on Kishoreda when the character he was playing was offering prayers to the God. It is conceivable that someone else's voice was used for the snippet. But I think this is very unlikely.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Preet Na Jane Reet (1966)

This movie has a usual dose of Rafi Saab’s songs one can expect in a Shammi’s film. All of them were popular than the movie itself when the movie was released. Incidentally, even though they established for themselves credible track record as award winning independent music directors, Laxmikant & Pyarelal continue to be assistants to Kalyanji & Anandji. Here are the songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Kabhi Andhera Kabhi Ujala (1958)

Songs from this album were uploaded few months back in this very thread. The information about these songs is available at the following location.

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...4658&st=789

The songs are no longer available at the location mentioned but I will be happy to reload them on request.

swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Duplicate (1998)

This comedy and action movie was the first of many in which Shah Rukh appeared for Dharma Productions. Shah Rukh gave a great performance in a dual role, one as a simple guy and the other as a baddie. The movie boasts all good songs with some fine lyrics by Akhtar Saab and hit music by Anu Malik. On the surface it appears that this movie has all the ingredients to be a hit film. However it did not click with the audience.

Incidentally, Kajol makes a brief appearance in the film, another regular of many hit films made by Dharma Productions, where Shah Rukh’s character confronts her on the railway platform and asks her whether she will marry him. In the background the song from the 1995 hit film “Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge”, “Tujhe Dekha Toh” is played.

Among so many catchy songs from this film my favorite is “Mere Mehboob”. I am posting this and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts.

swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Duplicate (1998)"...

Here are the rest of the songs and some music clips from this film...
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Daaka (1959)

Here are the songs from this album...
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Naya Aadmi (1956)

This movie was made originally in Tamil, “Velaikaari”, in 1949. It was based on the famous play by Annadurai, the founder of DMK Party. It was inspired by the famous Bhawal case about an imposter who claimed to be the prince of Bhawal who was presumed dead 10 years earlier. The story basically deals with class conflicts. Apart from the true story based on Bhawal case, it also borrowed heavily from Alexandre Dumas’ famous novel “The Count of Monte Cristo”. Tamil film was a huge hit.

Six years later, in 1955, the movie was made in Kannada as “Mallimadhuve” and “Santhosham” in Telugu. Both films were hits. In 1956 it was remade in Hindi as “Naya Aadmi” with a mixture of several Telugu and Hindi film actors. The Hindi film had two music directors, Madan Mohanji, and the duo Viswanathan & Ramamurthy (VR) who also composed music for the Telugu film. Mohanji composed music for three songs and the rest were composed by VR.

Here is an interesting sidelight. Annadurai, the author of the story of this film, eventually became the Chief Minister of then Madras State (now called Tamilnadu). And the hero of the Telugu and this film, N.T. Rama Rao, went onto become the Chief Minister of then Andhra Pradesh State (it is now divided into two states; one Andhra and the other Telangana).

Here are the songs from this film…
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Savera (1958)

Filmgoers and music lovers hardly are familiar with the name of Sailesh Mukherjee who was the composer of music for this film. He was a multi-talented person. Besides composing music, he was a singer as well as an actor.

He directed music at least for a couple of other films. These were “Suhag Sindoor (1953)” and “Parichay (1954)”. He sang some songs in “Suhag Sindoor”. He also was a good tabla player. He acted in some films under the name of Srikant Gaurav. The films were “Miya Biwi Raazi (1960)” and “Pyar ki Pyas (1961)”.

The song “Aankh Micholi” was contributed by Viraj Padhye, a member of the Forum. Thank you very much Viraj. Incidentally, this song was not in the VCD. Here is this and other songs from this film…
coolkee
Thanks you so much Swarapriya

Coolkee
swarapriya
QUOTE(coolkee @ Oct 11 2014, 05:44 AM) *

Thanks you so much Swarapriya

Coolkee

You are very welcome, Coolkeeji.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Leader (1964)

S. Mukherji, who was the head and part owner of Filmistan Studios that produced a string of box-office hits, decided to leave the good company and form his own independent one. The new company was Filmalaya. As its maiden venture he launched this film, “Leader”. Dilip Saab, who wrote its story, was looking for someone to make the film. With Mukherji launching a new studio, he thought it would be ideal if he could get him make the film. Mukherji Saab accepted and launched the movie on a grand scale.

The major problem with the movie was it has an atrocious and incohesive screenplay. This caused too many problems in the production. Also movie was getting too long. It eventually ran into financial problems. So instead of waiting for the completion of this movie, to generate some quick cash to make the studio solvent, Mukherji hired Nasir Hussain to make “Dil Deke Dekho”. That movie became a huge hit and kept the new studios going forward.

When finally movie resumed its production, Dilip Saab was so unhappy with the director Ram Mukherjee that in the press there were rumors that he ghost directed the movie himself. When the movie finally was released in 1964, it did not run as expected. Dilip Saab got the Best Actor Filmfare Award even though I thought his histrionics were too slapstick and disappointing.

Incidentally, Ram Mukherjee, whose father was a brother of S. Mukherjee, was also the father of actress Rani Mukherjee. He introduced her in a Bengali film, “Biyer Phool” made in 1996 that he directed. He later introduced her to the Hindi film audience in the movie “Raja ki Ayegi Baraat” in 1997, that he also directed.

What lifted “Leader” was its music by Naushadji. The movie may have fared poorly both critically and financially but Naushadji working with Shakeel Saab gave memorable music with most of the songs becoming chartbusters.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Leader (1964)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Professor X (1966)

I do not have a single song from this album. The following is a list of the songs from this film. If anyone of you can, please kindly share these songs with rest of us. Thank you.
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Mr. Qartoon M.A. (1958)

The title role of this film was played by the comedian actor Johnny Walker. He was also joined by Mahmood in the film. The M.A. in the title does not stand for the Master of Arts degree. Instead it is short for Master of Aloo, where Johnny played the role of a chef in a popular restaurant.

The only distinguishing feature of this forgettable movie was its magnificent music composed by OP Saab. Each one of the songs became highly popular especially the title song. That also is my favorite song from the film. Here are two parts of that song and others from this film…
swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Jaane Jigar (1998)

This is simply an atrocious movie. It is poorly scripted from a razor thin story, poorly directed, and poorly acted. Jackie Shroff appears a minute before the intermission and maybe he has five or six scenes in the entire film. In each of those scenes he is involved in a fight, without exception. Only thing that is not bad in the film is its music. Rajesh Roshan and Javed Akhtar together gave several good hits before. This is not in the same league but considering this farce of a film it is okay. One song stands above rest of them with its rich lyrics, “Sau Barson Tak”. It is beautifully sung by Kumar Sanu with a fine music arrangement. Here are this and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Jaane Jigar (1998)"...

swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Pocket Maar (1956)

In some of his earlier movies Dev played several shady character roles. This movie was one of them. I am not certain how successful the movie was, but overall it was not bad. Even though Geeta Bali was the leading lady of the film it was Nadira who had a bigger and meatier role. Music by Madan Mohanji, who seldom disappointed, was about average. The duet of Lataji and Talat Saab, “Yeh Nai Nai Preet Hai”, was a chart buster. It is also my favorite of the album. Here is this and other songs from this film…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.