Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shair Aur Sargam
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Saagar (1985)"...

Here are some instrumentals of the songs from "Saagar"...

swarapriya
(Majrooh) Sabse Bada Rupaiya (1955)

The music for this film was composed jointly by Nashad and O.P. Nayyar. I am uploading songs from this film and some music clips in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Some Music Clips From "Sabse Bada Rupaiya (1955)"...

Here are some music clips from the film...
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Hungama (1952)

Here are the songs from this album...
swarapriya
QUOTE(kasani840 @ Aug 22 2013, 09:17 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 4 2013, 12:43 PM) *

(Majrooh) Dhobi Doctor (1954)

Swarapriya, I missed ur upload of Dhobi Doctor. Can u plz upload these songs again? Thanx in advance

Sorry, somehow I missed your note. Yes, I will upload these songs in a few days, when the turn for "Majrooh" comes. If you can't wait that long, I can upload them right away.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Chandni Chowk (1954)

Songs from this album were uploaded few months back in this very thread. However, they are no longer active. Unless someone would like me to upload these songs again, I will skip them this time around as they were made available only recently.
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Dhobi Doctor (1954)

I am re-uploading these songs on request. Here are they...
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Dil-E-Nadaan (1953)

For one of the two principal heroine leads producer and director Kardar held an “All India Beauty Contest” in collaboration with Kolynos toothpaste. Rajesh Ruia, later christened as Peace Kanwal, (in the movie she is introduced as Peace Kamal) was the winner. Even though she had a meatier role and more screen time than Shyama in the movie, her career as an actress did not take off. She acted in only five movies altogether, all in supporting roles except this very first one “Dil-E-Nadaan”. Her last appearance was in “Chambla Ki Kasam” in 1980 in an insignificant role.

After an appearance in a bit role in “Aarti” in 1962, she decided to turn to painting and work with copper as a sculptor. In later years in several exhibitions in India and abroad she showed her work to selective and appreciative audience.

I am uploading songs from this albujm in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Dil-E-Nadaan (1953)"...

Here are some music clips from this fine album...
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Vallah Kya Baat Hai (1962)

Here are the songs from this popular album...
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 28 2013, 01:41 PM) *

dear swarapriya
the song JIDHAR HUM JAYAIN is one stanza in the song EK TO SOORAT PYAARI not a separate song.
according to HFGK there are only 8 songs from this film.
may be it is filmed separately( but it is included the song EK TO )
just a correctiuon
thanks
taiyab
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Aug 28 2013, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 28 2013, 01:41 PM) *

dear swarapriya
the song JIDHAR HUM JAYAIN is one stanza in the song EK TO SOORAT PYAARI not a separate song.
according to HFGK there are only 8 songs from this film.
may be it is filmed separately( but it is included the song EK TO )
just a correctiuon
thanks
taiyab

Thank you very much My Dear Taiyab. I have updated the table per your recommendations. Cheers.
swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Naya Ghar (1953)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...4658&st=372

Debopriyo
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 24 2013, 12:57 PM) *

The music for this film was composed jointly by Nashad and O.P. Nayyar. I am uploading songs from this film and some music clips in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set...

Missing Songs ??
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=722411
maverick
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 12 2013, 12:40 PM) *

(Shailendra) Baadshah (1954)

Aparesh Lahiri, who sang the solo in this album “Jaage Mera Dil Soye Zamaana”, was a famous Bengali playback singer. He (see the attached picture) is the father of the famous music director and singer Bappi Lahiri. I am not aware of much of his work in Hindi but the solo in this album is outstanding. The way he sang the song it had that melancholic ring of the immortal Saigal Saab that also is Hemantda’s trademark singing.

Speaking of Hemantda, he has a duet and solo that is a dual song in this album. As expected, Hemantda is simply superb. Here are these and other songs from this album…

Thanks a lot Swarapriya
swarapriya
QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Aug 29 2013, 12:32 AM) *

Missing Songs ??

Debo, I couldn't locate the songs you pointed above. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
QUOTE(maverick @ Aug 29 2013, 09:55 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 12 2013, 12:40 PM) *

(Shailendra) Baadshah (1954)

Aparesh Lahiri, who sang the solo in this album “Jaage Mera Dil Soye Zamaana”, was a famous Bengali playback singer. He (see the attached picture) is the father of the famous music director and singer Bappi Lahiri. I am not aware of much of his work in Hindi but the solo in this album is outstanding. The way he sang the song it had that melancholic ring of the immortal Saigal Saab that also is Hemantda’s trademark singing.

Speaking of Hemantda, he has a duet and solo that is a dual song in this album. As expected, Hemantda is simply superb. Here are these and other songs from this album…

Thanks a lot Swarapriya

You're very welcome Maverick. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Zamana (1985)

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Zamana (1985)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...

Debopriyo
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 30 2013, 12:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Aug 29 2013, 12:32 AM) *

Missing Songs ??

Debo, I couldn't locate the songs you pointed above. Cheers. -S

In Asha Bhosle"s Section Asha Bhonsle - Evergreen Voice, Rare Melodies .My Thread ...you can check
then also sharing the link ..
ost no 240# http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...;p=722411&#
swarapriya
(Majrooh) Bhagam Bhag (1956)

The comedian-actor Bhagwan Dada, who made a fortune with "Albela" in 1951, co-wrote the story, produced, directed, and shared acting credits with Kishoreda in this film. This movie wasn’t any runaway success but ended up doing modest business. Most of this was thanks to its fine music by OP and the chemistry between the two comedians, Kishoreda and Bhagwan Dada.

Most of these songs came from videos but their audio quality is fine. However, two of the songs have some skips. The song “Aankhon Ko Mila” has noise from 1:08 to 1:11. The song “Chhod Chale” has a skip at 2:31. Except for these blemishes each of these songs is fine. I am uploading them at a lower bit rate.

I am uploading these and other songs plus some music clips in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Bhagam Bhag (1956)"...

Here are the rest of the songs and some music clips from this fine album...

swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Sangdil (1952)

This film was loosely based on the classic English novel “Jane Eyre” written by Charlotte Bronte. Over the years, the novel attracted many film makers. It was made in English many times. The first talking film appeared in 1934. But before that several silent film versions appeared in1910, two in 1914, two in 1915, 1918, 1921, and 1926. The talkie versions, besides the one made in 1934, appeared in several languages in the years 1943, 1944, 1952, 1956, 1963, 1970, two in 1972, 1978, 1996, 1997, and 2011. It was made as a Television Movie also a number of times including in the years 1956, 1973, 1978, 1983, and 2006. An English musical version was also made.

One of the major interests in this Hindi film was the pairing of Madhubala and Dilip Kumar in the lead roles. In real life they were in deeply love with each other and their pairing in this movie further fueled interest in the film. But this was only part of the story. The other part, I believe was really a major part, was its music composed by the uncompromising Sajjad Hussain (see his picture in the attachment below).

In a 20-year period as a music director Sajjad Hussain did only 14 films. This was mainly because, though recognized as a brilliant composer, he had problems getting along with people. He was one of the great players of Mandolin on which he could play Indian classical music. Many experts believe that this in itself was a tribute to his genius. Besides mandarin, he was expert in several other instruments including flute, veena, violin, piano, and sitar. One can see in the various music clips I am including here a generous use of many of these instruments.

It was Meena Kumari’s father who introduced Hussain Saab to the film world. His very first film “Dost” made in 1944 became famous because of the hit songs he composed for its heroine, Noor Jehan.

The genius he was, Sajjadji always got into trouble with his fellow workers. He bad mouthed Lata Mangeshkar who abstained singing for him. He called Kishore Kumar as “Shore Kumar” and Talat Mahmood as “Ghalat Mahmood”. Yet, his composition in this film by Talat, “Yeh Hawa”, is considered to be one of his best compositions and one of Talat’s best songs. He got into fight with Dilip Kumar during the shooting of “Sangdil” and Dilip never worked with him again, even though much of the success “Sangdil” enjoyed had to do with its music.

Hussain Saab’s entire repertoire includes less than 100 songs in 14 or so odd films. Almost all his compositions were huge hits. Composer Anil Biswas paid great tribute to him when he said that Sajjad Hussain was the only original composer Hindi cinema has known. Coming from Anilda, that was quite a compliment.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all songs from the film. The second post contains several music clips. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Music Clips From "Sangdil (1952)"...

Here are some of the music clips from this album demonstrating the versatility and expertise of its music director Sajjad Hussain Saab...
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Mayur Pankh (1954)

This is the second film that Kishore Sahu made in the year 1952 (the other was ‘Hamlet”). He wrote the story, screenplay, dialogues, produced, directed, and acted as the leading man of the film. He made this in colour, a rarity in early 50’s (Mehboob Khan’s “Aan” was another one that was released in 1952.) In this film also, like his “Hamlet”, one can clearly see the influence of western films on Kishore Sahu. Even though Sumitra Devi had the top billing, she does not enter into the movie until nearly half the film is over. Even Sahu himself appears after nearly a quarter of the movie. It was out and out Odette Fergusson’s film. The movie starts with Fergusson’s character getting off the plane coming to India. It ends when she was leaving India to go back to Britain. Fergusson was a British actress. Incidentally all English characters speak Hindi in the film. That too not with any forced accent.

There are some catchy tunes in the film. Shankar & Jaikishan composed the music. Lata has five solos and a duet with Asha. Incidentally the initial words of the song “Tandaana” are borrowed from Telugu. In certain type of folk songs, called “Burra Katha”, this word is used at the end each mukhda. Shankar clearly has a say in this song. He was raised in Hyderabad and on many occasions created rhythms for the songs using such catchy words from Andhra Pradesh.

Here is this and other songs from this film…
taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 2 2013, 01:37 PM) *

This is the second film that Kishore Sahu made in the year 1952 (the other was ‘Hamlet”). He wrote the story, screenplay, dialogues, produced, directed, and acted as the leading man of the film. He made this in colour, a rarity in early 50’s (Mehboob Khan’s “Aan” was another one that was released in 1952.) In this film also, like his “Hamlet”, one can clearly see the influence of western films on Kishore Sahu. Even though Sumitra Devi had the top billing, she does not enter into the movie until nearly half the film is over. Even Sahu himself appears after nearly a quarter of the movie. It was out and out Odette Fergusson’s film. The movie starts with Fergusson’s character getting off the plane coming to India. It ends when she was leaving India to go back to Britain. Fergusson was a British actress. Incidentally all English characters speak Hindi in the film. That too not with any forced accent.

There are some catchy tunes in the film. Shankar & Jaikishan composed the music. Lata has five solos and a duet with Asha. Incidentally the initial words of the song “Tandaana” are borrowed from Telugu. In certain type of folk songs, called “Burra Katha”, this word is used at the end each mukhda. Shankar clearly has a say in this song. He was raised in Hyderabad and on many occasions created rhythms for the songs using such catchy words from Andhra Pradesh.

Here is this and other songs from this film…

dear swarapriya
according to HFGK song TANDANA TANDANA is penned by shailaindra not HASRAT JAIPURI
Just correction.
thanks
taiyab
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Sep 2 2013, 10:29 AM) *

dear swarapriya
according to HFGK song TANDANA TANDANA is penned by shailaindra not HASRAT JAIPURI
Just correction.
thanks
taiyab

Thank you Taiyab. I made changes to the table to reflect your suggestion. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Gauhar (1953)

I am uploading here a couple of songs from this film. A list of some of the missing songs is shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these or any other missing songs from this film. Thank you.

Now for the couple of songs I have...
swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Commercial Pilot Officer (1963)

I am uploading some of the songs from this album below. It appears that I may be missing at least three. These are shown in red italics in the below table. If anyone of you have these and if there are others from this film that are not listed here, please kindly share with rest of us. Thank you.

Here are the songs I have...
Abdur Rehman
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 3 2013, 01:43 PM) *

(Shakeel) Gauhar (1953)

One missing song ...
Abdur Rehman
QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Sep 4 2013, 11:11 PM) *

(Shakeel) Gauhar (1953)

One more.. but with a lower bitrate...
taiyab53
QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Sep 4 2013, 11:13 PM) *

(Shakeel) Gauhar (1953)

thanks Abdur rehman saheb for this rare song not heard before.
taiyab
swarapriya
QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Sep 4 2013, 09:41 AM) *

(Shakeel) Gauhar (1953)

One missing song ...

Thank you very much for the song Seshadri. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Sep 4 2013, 09:43 AM) *

(Shakeel) Gauhar (1953)

Thanks for the song Seshadri. Cheers.

swarapriya
(Hasrat Jaipuri) Paapi (1953)

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Paapi (1953)"...

Here are the rest of the songs and some music clips from this fine album...
Abdur Rehman
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 5 2013, 06:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Sep 4 2013, 09:41 AM) *

(Shakeel) Gauhar (1953)

One missing song ...

Thank you very much for the song Seshadri. Cheers. -S

You are welcome SP...
Abdur Rehman
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Sep 5 2013, 01:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Sep 4 2013, 11:13 PM) *

(Shakeel) Gauhar (1953)

thanks Abdur rehman saheb for this rare song not heard before.
taiyab

You are welcome Taiyab...
swarapriya
(Javed Akhtar) Dacoit (1987)

swarapriya
(Majrooh) C.I.D. (1956)

After two successful hits of his own home production in “Aar Paar (1954)” and “Mr. & Mrs. ’55 (1955)” Guru Dutt was considering to make a comedy as his next film. During this time he heard about the Telugu super comedy hit “Missamma (1955)” (in Tamil called “Missiamma”). He, along with his close friend writer Abrar Alvi (who later directed “Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam” in 1962) decided to take a trip to Hyderabad to see the movie. When they arrived in Hyderabad, they were invited to the silver jubilee celebrations of the Telugu hit “Rojulu Maarayi”, also released in 1955. There he was introduced to Waheeda Rehman who appeared briefly in the movie for a dance number. Impressed with her looks and her knowledge of Urdu, Guru invited her to come to Bombay to act in Hindi films. Waheeda refused.

Guru and Alvi Saab saw “Missamma”. Neither was impressed with the film and returned back to Bombay. Guru then started making serious plans to make “Pyaasa”. With preparations for “Pyaasa” going on steadily, he decided make “C.I.D.”. He asked his friend and assistant director to several of his films, Raj Khosla, to direct the movie. Raj, a close friend of Dev Anand, came to Bombay to pursue a career as a playback singer. It was Dev who introduced Raj to Guru and requested him to give Raj a job until he tests out as a singer. Guru, who was also a close friend of Dev, took Raj under his wings. (Incidentally, “Missamma” was later made in Hindi as “Miss Mary” in 1957 by the AVM Studios. It became a hit.)

Raj was looking for a second girl for “C.I.D.” and approached Guru for suggestions. Guru remembered Waheeda and contacted her to come over to Mumbai to sign a multiple movie contract with him. Waheeda finally yielded to the offer.

“C.I.D.” was the second directorial venture for Raj. His earlier film “Milap”, also made with Dev in the lead, released in 1955 was a flop. “C.I.D.” with its sensational music became a super hit. Waheeda, who made her debut with this film, was stunning. Both Waheeda and Raj never looked back in their respective long and illustrious careers, even though Khosla fell on bad times in the end.

One of the major contributors to the success of the movie was its fantastic music composed by O.P. Nayyar. There were only six songs in the film, but they were all chartbusters. Even today every song is dearly remembered. The movie has that perennial tribute to Mumbai, the beautiful duet by Geetaji and Rafi Saab, "Yeh Bombai Meri Jaan". It has that often quoted song by Shamshad Begum, "Kahin Pe Nigaahen". It also has that seductively intoxicating song by Geetaji, "Jaata Kahaan Hai". It also has one of those very complicatedly composed but such immensely pleasing song, "Leke Pehla Pehla Pyaar". O.P. in this movie was at the top of his form and simply at his spectacular best.

I am uploading these songs, some music clips, and instrumentals in three back-to-back posts. The first post contains all songs from the film from an original soundtrack album. The second post has some music clips ripped from a DVD. The third and the final post contains some instrumentals of the songs.

Here is a description of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves…
swarapriya
Some Music Clips from "C.I.D. (1956)"...

Here are some music clips from this film...
swarapriya
Some Instrumentals of the Songs from "C.I.D. (1956)"...

Here are some instrumentals of the songs from this film..
swarapriya
(Rajinder Krishan) Saqi (1952)

This movie is another rehash of the Arabian Nights fable “Aladdin & the Wonderful Lamp”. From the opening sequence to the end of the movie Prem Nath most of the time used a whip to get the best of the enemy and occasionally used a sword. He played a commoner who was in love with the princess, played by Madhubala. Interestingly this similar story was made in Telugu the very same year. The film was “Patala Bhairavi”. It was later dubbed into Hindi in 1953. It was also remade much later in Hindi with Jeetendra in 1985. The only difference in the “Bhairavi” movies from Aladdin story is that the magic lamp is replaced by a magic statuette. In “Saqi” it is the magic lamp. The good natured genie was played by the comedian actor Gope. Interestingly, in Walt Disney’s animated musical fantasy classic, “Aladdin”, made in 1992, the genie’s was given by the famous comedian actor Robin Williams.

C. Ramchandra composed the music for the film. A couple of songs are pretty good. But it was the background music that is the real highlight of the film to keep up with the antics of the hero. I have several music clips to prove this point.

I am uploading all songs and several music clips in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all songs from the film. The second post contains several music clips.

Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Some Music Clips from "Saqi (1952)"...

Here are some music clips from this film...
swarapriya
(Shailendra) Naukri (1954)

This Bimalda's film deals with unemployment. Remember the movie was made in 1954. Seems like it could have been made recently as the subject is still topical. The song "Chhota Sa Ghar" was very popular. Interestingly this song is based on a song in Bengali sung by Kishoreda, "Hey Lo Baadal". It was composed by Chitta Roy and lyrics were written by Gaouriprasanna Majumdar. I am uploading that song here as a reference.

Hrishikesh Mukherjee was the editor of the film.

Here are the songs from this film...
swarapriya
(Shakeel) Laila Majnu (1953)

1953 was the year the late Shammi Kapoor made his debut as a leading man. He was in not one, or two, but five movies that year. These included “Jeevan Jyoti”, “Khoj”, “Laila Majnu”, “Rail Ka Dibba”, and “Thokar”. Of these “Thokar” was the first movie released. For this reason this is generally considered as his debut film.

The story of “Laila Majnu” has been told on the Indian celluloid screens umpteen number of times. It was made in many languages too. Interestingly, Shammi’s nephew, Rishi Kapoor, later appeared in a hit musical version of this same story. Rishi’s “Laila Majnu” was released in 1976, 23 years after Shammi’s.

This movie boasts a whole bunch of songs. It has two music directors in Ghuma Mohammad and Sardar Malik. The result is that some of the songs are very nice. I am uploading these and some music clips in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Laila Majnu (1953)"...

Here are the rest of the songs and some music clips from this film...

taiyab53
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 10 2013, 02:13 PM) *

dear Swarapriya
according to HFGK for 3 songs Sardar Malik gave the music , & for the rest Music director was Ghulam MOhd.
1) BAHARON KI DUNIYA PUKAARE-ASHA & TALAT
2) DEKH LI AYE ISHQ TERI MEHERBANI---ASHA & TALAT
3) TERE DAR PE AAYA HOON FARIYAAD LE KAR--TALT-------------This song was also used in CHOR BAZAAR
just correction
taiyab
swarapriya
QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Sep 10 2013, 09:35 AM) *

dear Swarapriya
according to HFGK for 3 songs Sardar Malik gave the music , & for the rest Music director was Ghulam MOhd.
1) BAHARON KI DUNIYA PUKAARE-ASHA & TALAT
2) DEKH LI AYE ISHQ TERI MEHERBANI---ASHA & TALAT
3) TERE DAR PE AAYA HOON FARIYAAD LE KAR--TALT-------------This song was also used in CHOR BAZAAR
just correction
taiyab

Thanks for the breakdown Taiyab. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Anand Bakshi) Holiday in Bombay (1963)

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. I may be missing a song shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, please share this if you can. Thank you.

Here are the songs in the first post...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.