Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muse & Music
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55
swarapriya
(Waheeda) Kohraa (1964)

Here is an absolute beauty from Hemantda. Almost all songs from this album are real gems. I am uploading these songs in back-to-back two posts. In the first set of songs, the full version of "Jhoom Jhoom Dhalti Raat" is a union of the parts 1 and 2 of the same song. If you download the full version, it is not necessary to download parts 1 and 2. Here are these songs ...
swarapriya
Songs of "Kohraa (1964)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album. I am also including here Jagjit Singh's version of "Yeh Nayan Dare Dare". This is from his album "Close to My Heart". Now for the songs ...
swarapriya
(Zeenat) Hum Kisise Kum Naheen (1977)

Songs from this movie are like one continuous celebration. Rafi Saab heralded a big comeback with this movie. It was at Nasir Hussain's (producer and director of this movie) insistence that RD had Rafi Saab sing in the movie along with Kishoreda. If it was a comeback, then it was a glorious one. Rafi Saab not only got the Best Male Singer Award from Filmfare but also won the National Award as the Best Male Singer for the song "Kya Hua Tera Vaada". It turns out that for Nasir Hussain, as a director, this was the last big hit he enjoyed. After strings of failures following this movie, he had a huge hit in "Khayamat Se Khayamat Tak" that was directed by his son.

Actress Kajal Kiron was introduced in this movie. This was the only hit she enjoyed in her career. Besides Rafi Saab, the movie also won a couple of Filmfare technical awards. These awards were for the Best Cinematographer (Munir Khan) and the Best Art Direction (Shanti Dass).

Because of the number of songs in this album, I will upload them in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Songs of "Hum Kisise Kum Naheen (1977)" Continued ...

Here are rest of the songs from this celebration album ...
Shahrukh3000
swarapriya ji
the song Phoolon Ki Zubaan Khoobsurat Hogi is nog from hum kisise kum naheen.

i have the audio-album of hum kisise kum naheen (with dialogues).
swarapriya
QUOTE(Shahrukh3000 @ Jan 18 2010, 01:27 PM) *

swarapriya ji
the song Phoolon Ki Zubaan Khoobsurat Hogi is nog from hum kisise kum naheen.

i have the audio-album of hum kisise kum naheen (with dialogues).

I may have erroneously assigned this song to "Hum Kisise Kum Naheen". Can anyone throw light on which movie is this song from before I make the change? Thanks. -S

swaminathan63
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 19 2010, 12:21 AM) *

(Zeenat) Hum Kisise Kum Naheen (1977)

Songs from this movie are like one continuous celebration. Rafi Saab heralded a big comeback with this movie. It was at Nasir Hussain's (producer and director of this movie) insistence that RD had Rafi Saab sing in the movie along with Kishoreda. If it was a comeback, then it was a glorious one. Rafi Saab not only got the Best Male Singer Award from Filmfare but also won the National Award as the Best Male Singer for the song "Kya Hua Tera Vaada". It turns out that for Nasir Hussain, as a director, this was the last big hit he enjoyed. After strings of failures following this movie, he had a huge hit in "Khayamat Se Khayamat Tak" that was directed by his son.

Actress Kajal Kiron was introduced in this movie. This was the only hit she enjoyed in her career. Besides Rafi Saab, the movie also won a couple of Filmfare technical awards. These awards were for the Best Cinematographer (Munir Khan) and the Best Art Direction (Shanti Dass).

Because of the number of songs in this album, I will upload them in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set of songs ...

Hi SP

Thanks

Yes this was one of the comeback movies of Rafi Sahab, but there were plenty of others around the same time also, thanks to Manmohan Desai, who call him "Allah ki Awaz", and as mentioned by Venkat in one of the posts, even keeps his photograph with other gods in his Pooja Room.

Thanks for the two shorter versions of Chand Mera Dil, which I did not have.

Thanks and Regards

Swaminathan
swarapriya
QUOTE(swaminathan63 @ Jan 18 2010, 06:32 PM) *

Hi SP

Thanks

Yes this was one of the comeback movies of Rafi Sahab, but there were plenty of others around the same time also, thanks to Manmohan Desai, who call him "Allah ki Awaz", and as mentioned by Venkat in one of the posts, even keeps his photograph with other gods in his Pooja Room.

Thanks for the two shorter versions of Chand Mera Dil, which I did not have.

Thanks and Regards

Swaminathan

Swami,

Desai was a Rafi Saab worshipper. When Rafi Saab passed away, he was very grief stricken. In his next movie he was planning to have Rafi Saab sing some songs. These were assigned to Mohd. Aziz. When Aziz sang a song, Desai was overwhelmed with his voice thinking that it reminded him of Rafi Saab. He apparently went and touched Aziz's feet out of respect for Rafi Saab.

My 2 paise worth.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

rpnawani
Thanks Sawarapriya for sharing songs of Kohra and Hum Kisise Kum Nahin. These are real gems.

rpnawani
swarapriya
QUOTE(rpnawani @ Jan 19 2010, 09:04 AM) *

Thanks Sawarapriya for sharing songs of Kohra and Hum Kisise Kum Nahin. These are real gems.

rpnawani

RP, you're very welcome. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Asha) Aaye Din Bahaar Ke (1966)

Here is a beauty from LP. It has some of my favorite songs in this album. These include Lata's title song "Suno Sajna", Asha's "Khat Likh De", and Rafi Saab's both solos. I am uploading these and others from this album in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Songs of "Aaye Din Bahaar Ke (1966)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this great album ...
swaminathan63
Swami,

Desai was a Rafi Saab worshipper. When Rafi Saab passed away, he was very grief stricken. In his next movie he was planning to have Rafi Saab sing some songs. These were assigned to Mohd. Aziz. When Aziz sang a song, Desai was overwhelmed with his voice thinking that it reminded him of Rafi Saab. He apparently went and touched Aziz's feet out of respect for Rafi Saab.

My 2 paise worth.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
[/quote]

Thanks SP for this nice anecdote, which is certainly worth more than 2 cents for Rafi Sahab fans!

Regards

Swaminathan
swarapriya
(Hema) Gehri Chaal (1973)

There are few hummable songs in this LP's album. Here are the songs ...
ketaki shukla
Thanks Swarapriya for songs of Aaye Din Bahaar Ke.

Ketaki.
swarapriya
QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ Jan 20 2010, 03:20 PM) *

Thanks Swarapriya for songs of Aaye Din Bahaar Ke.

Ketaki.

You're welcome, Ketaki.

swarapriya
(Mala) Love Marriage (1959)

Here is a lovely album from Shankar & Jaikishan. All songs from this album were super hits. The duet "Dheere Dheere Chal" is my favorite from this album. I am uploading this and other songs in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Songs of "Love Marriage (1959)" Continued ...

Here are rest of the songs from this hit album ...
usrafian

Kahe Jhoom-Jhoom Raat Ye Suhani

...this song takes me (better word would be 'kidnaps me') to some other world, everytime I hear it.

Dear SP, you are wonderful, your every post is full of refreshment.

Thankyou.

USR

Abdur Rehman
Here is the title music of Love Marriage.

128 kbps/3:25
Pratul
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 31 2009, 02:49 AM) *

(Nutan) Heer (1956)

After showing her acting prowess in the 1953 movie tragic love story "Laila Majnu", Nutan got another chance to show her histroinics in "Heer", another epic tragic love story. "Heer" has been a darling subject of Hindi and other language filmmakers for a long time. It was made into a movie in Hindi in 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 70's, and 90's. I will upload songs from the 1956 version here. I will also upload few songs from the 1948 version with Khayyam as the music director. Then Madan Mohanji's version of 1972. Lastly I will upload the 1992 version by Laxmikant & Pyarelal. I will upload these in this same section.

Most of the songs from this 1956 version were contributed by the members of the Forum. Here they are ...

Swarapriya, could you please re-upload this album?

TIA,
Pratul
swarapriya
QUOTE(usrafian @ Jan 21 2010, 08:42 PM) *

Kahe Jhoom-Jhoom Raat Ye Suhani

...this song takes me (better word would be 'kidnaps me') to some other world, everytime I hear it.

Dear SP, you are wonderful, your every post is full of refreshment.

Thankyou.

USR

My Dear USR, you're very kind. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Jan 22 2010, 06:55 AM) *

Here is the title music of Love Marriage.

128 kbps/3:25

Thanks for the title music, AR. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
QUOTE(Pratul @ Jan 22 2010, 07:14 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 31 2009, 02:49 AM) *

(Nutan) Heer (1956)

After showing her acting prowess in the 1953 movie tragic love story "Laila Majnu", Nutan got another chance to show her histroinics in "Heer", another epic tragic love story. "Heer" has been a darling subject of Hindi and other language filmmakers for a long time. It was made into a movie in Hindi in 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 70's, and 90's. I will upload songs from the 1956 version here. I will also upload few songs from the 1948 version with Khayyam as the music director. Then Madan Mohanji's version of 1972. Lastly I will upload the 1992 version by Laxmikant & Pyarelal. I will upload these in this same section.

Most of the songs from this 1956 version were contributed by the members of the Forum. Here they are ...

Swarapriya, could you please re-upload this album?

TIA,
Pratul

Okay Pratul. I am re-uploading this album. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Nutan) Heer (1956)

I am re-uploadin this album on request. The songs are in two back-to-back posts. Here is first set ...
swarapriya
Songs of "Heer (1956)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album ...
Pratul
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 23 2010, 02:18 AM) *

Swarapriya, thanks for uploading the songs!
swarapriya
QUOTE(Pratul @ Jan 23 2010, 04:36 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 23 2010, 02:18 AM) *

Swarapriya, thanks for uploading the songs!

You're welcome, Pratul.

swarapriya
(Mumtaz) Boxer (1965)

Here are the songs from this album, all thanks to the compliments of the Forum members ...
swarapriya
(Nutan) Chhabili (1960)

Nutan aspired to be a playback singer before she became an actress. It turned out that her histroinics proved too compelling to relinquish her aspirations in favor of acting. But here is the movie that was produced and directed by her mother Shobhana Samarth, that also launched her sister Tanuja that Nutan also sang several songs. If she wasn't such a great success as an actress, Nutan would have easily become a good playback singer as the songs from this movie can prove. Nutan sings here a solo and four duets with Geeta Dutt, Sudha Malhotra, Hemant Kumar, and Mahendra Kapoor. I am uploading five songs here and am missing at least one song shown in red italics in the table below. Please kindly share any of the missing songs. Also, I am not 100% sure of the source of these songs. These may from the Forum members, at least some of them. My thanks anyway.

Now for these beautiful songs ...
swarapriya
(Sadhana) Ishq Par Zor Nahin (1970)

Here is a marvelously melodious album from the inimitable Burmanda where every song is exquisitely crafted. Lata has four sweet songs with Burmanda melody imprinted all over them. Rafi Saab had a great solo and a duet. Asha also joins in the party by doing her thing with the song "Pyaar Bhari". I am uploading these songs in back-to-back two posts.

Here is the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Songs of "Ishq Par Zor Nahin (1970)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the lovely songs of this album. I am also including a special version of the song "Yeh Dil" with the music director Uttam Singh's introduction. Here he fondly speaks of the skill and talent of Burmanda as a composer.

Now for the songs ...
swarapriya
(Rekha) Kahani Kismat Ki (1973)

Here are songs from this album ...
Sangeet
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 25 2010, 09:19 AM) *

(Nutan) Chhabili (1960)

SP is this a typo or are they from CD? I have these songs that i previously downloaded from HF . Please confirm.
swarapriya
QUOTE(Sangeet @ Jan 26 2010, 05:44 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 25 2010, 09:19 AM) *

(Nutan) Chhabili (1960)

SP is this a typo or are they from CD? I have these songs that i previously downloaded from HF . Please confirm.

This is not from a CD. I am not 100% positive about whether it is from HF or not. But I will give them the credit. Thanks for pointing out the error, Sangeet. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Saira) Aarop (1973)

Here is an album with Hazarika's distinctive musical composition style ...
swarapriya
(Sharmila) Suhana Safar (1970)

Here are the songs from this album, mostly by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. Now for the songs ...
swarapriya
(Vyjayanti) Ek Jhalak (1957)

Songs from this album were posted earlier in this section under the "Saat Saath" thread. They are still active and can be accessed at the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry649363

swarapriya
(Waheeda) Majboor (1964)

Here are the songs from this album with a couple coming from the Forum members, thank you ...
swarapriya
(Zeenat) Kalabaaz (1977)

Here are the songs from this album with their quality just about average ...
swarapriya
(Asha) Do Badan (1966)

Here is yet another beautiful album from Ravi who consistently gave top quality songs in 60's. This album contains all hit songs. Rafi Saab has three lovely solos including the beautiful "Raha Gardishon Mein". But my standout favorite is Asha's lovely song "Jab Chali Thandi Hawa". No matter how many times you hear this, you never get tired of it. It always gives the same warm feeling. Here is this and other beautiful songs from this album ...
Abdur Rehman
Here is the Title Music of Do Badan.
128kbps/3:25
swarapriya
QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Feb 1 2010, 07:34 PM) *

Here is the Title Music of Do Badan.
128kbps/3:25

Thanks for the title music, AR. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Hema) Joshila (1973)

Here is a beautiful album with Sahir contributing rich lyrics to R.D. Burman's music. I will upload these songs in back-to-back two posts.

This was the first movie Yash Chopra made after breaking away from his brother B.R. Chopra and started now famous movie making organization called "Yashraj Films". The movie was only a moderate success but with his very next one, "Daag" he hit it big and since then made strings of boxoffice hits as well as some very good movies. (Per Aditya's post below, I stand corrected. Aditya is right. "Daag" was Yash's first film under his Yashraj banner whereas this movie indeed was made by Gulshan Rai.)

swarapriya
Concluding Songs of "Joshila (1973)" ...

Here are rest of the songs from this beautiful album. These all were contributed by the Forum members. A big thank you. I am also including an instrumental version of "Kiska Rasta Dekhe" played on harmonca. This was from YouTube. Artiste unknown. As you know RD was a great harmonica player. (RD, already an established music director, played harmonica for all the songs of "Dosti (1964)" that were composed by Laxmikant & Pyarelal, returning a favor for their help with one of RD's initial films).

Here are the songs ...
Exon
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 2 2010, 12:26 AM) *

(Asha) Do Badan (1966)

Here is yet another beautiful album from Ravi who consistently gave top quality songs in 60's. This album contains all hit songs. Rafi Saab has three lovely solos including the beautiful "Raha Gardishon Mein". But my standout favorite is Asha's lovely song "Jab Chali Thandi Hawa". No matter how many times you hear this, you never get tired of it. It always gives the same warm feeling. Here is this and other beautiful songs from this album ...

SP,

Thanks for these nice albums.
It is said that 'raha gardishon mein' song was originally recorded in Mukesh's voice for Ghoonghat. However, Mukesh's version was never used. Every time I see Do Badan album in the forum, I am hoping some one will post this rare version by Mukesh.

Exon
swarapriya
QUOTE(Exon @ Feb 2 2010, 03:34 PM) *

SP,

Thanks for these nice albums.
It is said that 'raha gardishon mein' song was originally recorded in Mukesh's voice for Ghoonghat. However, Mukesh's version was never used. Every time I see Do Badan album in the forum, I am hoping some one will post this rare version by Mukesh.

Exon

You're welcome, Exon. That is very interesting that Mukesh also sang this song albeit for another film. I didn't know about this until now. Let us hope that someone will come through and share the song.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 3 2010, 03:09 AM) *

(Hema) Joshila (1973)

Here is a beautiful album with Sahir contributing rich lyrics to R.D. Burman's music. I will upload these songs in back-to-back two posts.

This was the first movie Yash Chopra made after breaking away from his brother B.R. Chopra and started now famous movie making organization called "Yashraj Films". The movie was only a moderate success but with his very next one, "Daag" he hit it big and since then made strings of boxoffice hits as well as some very good movies.

SP, Actually it was with Daag that Yash Chopra established the Yash Raj banner. Joshila, though directed by Yash Chopra, was produced by Gulshan Rai. And if I'm not mistaken, Daag even released before Joshila, although in the same year.

Aditya
swarapriya
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Feb 2 2010, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 3 2010, 03:09 AM) *

(Hema) Joshila (1973)

This was the first movie Yash Chopra made after breaking away from his brother B.R. Chopra and started now famous movie making organization called "Yashraj Films". The movie was only a moderate success but with his very next one, "Daag" he hit it big and since then made strings of boxoffice hits as well as some very good movies.

SP, Actually it was with Daag that Yash Chopra established the Yash Raj banner. Joshila, though directed by Yash Chopra, was produced by Gulshan Rai. And if I'm not mistaken, Daag even released before Joshila, although in the same year.

Aditya

Aditya, you're correct. I got my facts all wrong on this one. I made a change to my writeup pointing out the error. Thanks for keeping me honest.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

swarapriya
(Mala) Main Nashe Mein Hoon (1959)

If not for anything else this movie will be remembered for its beautiful music by the composer duo Shankar & Jaikishan. Every song in this movie was a huge hit. This was post-Nargis era for Raj Kapoor. He looked tired in the movie opposite a young Mala Sinha. I also wonder about the song "Kisi Nargisi Nazar". I wonder how the lyric writer Shailendra, the singer Mukesh, and the actor Raj felt about it. Nargis by this time was married to Sunil Dutt and all these people were consummate professionals. But these things happen in the cine field probably more than one knows about them ...

I will upload these songs in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set of songs ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.