Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muse & Music
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55
swarapriya
QUOTE(Krishna @ Oct 28 2009, 11:32 AM) *

The male singer from thsi film is Akhand Saubhagyawati - Jat Jao Chandanhar Lao--Manna Dey

Akhand Saubhagyawati - Jat Jao Chandanhar Lao--Manna Dey

Krishna

Thank you very much Krishna for the information. I have modified the table to reflect this information. Cheers. -S
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 28 2009, 11:35 PM) *

(Asha) Akhand Saubhagyavati (1963) - A Gujarati Film

In 1963, Asha appeared in this Gujarati movie, that language being Asha's mother tongue. Apparently it was a super hit movie. I don't know understand Gujarati, yet when I heard them I loved these songs. I am uploading four songs from this album. Probably there are more. I am not sure. Also, I came across this song by Preeti Gajjar, that is from the album called "Kanya Viday Geet". In the movie this was sung by Lata, which also is shorter than Gajjar's. It is absolutely beautiful to listen to.

Here are the songs ...

The female singer in Jhat Jao chandan haar lao is definitely not Lata.

Here is one more song from the film:
Mara Te Chitno Chor - Akhand Saubhagyavati (Guj) 1963 - Lata - KA - 128 - 06:22
Click to view attachment

Aditya
Rushin
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Oct 29 2009, 08:21 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 28 2009, 11:35 PM) *

(Asha) Akhand Saubhagyavati (1963) - A Gujarati Film

In 1963, Asha appeared in this Gujarati movie, that language being Asha's mother tongue. Apparently it was a super hit movie. I don't know understand Gujarati, yet when I heard them I loved these songs. I am uploading four songs from this album. Probably there are more. I am not sure. Also, I came across this song by Preeti Gajjar, that is from the album called "Kanya Viday Geet". In the movie this was sung by Lata, which also is shorter than Gajjar's. It is absolutely beautiful to listen to.

Here are the songs ...

Click to view attachment

Aditya

Jhat Jao Chandan Haar Lao female singer is Kamal Barot
swarapriya
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Oct 28 2009, 07:51 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Aditya

Thanks for the song, Aditya. Does anyone can help with the name of the singer of the song "Jhat Jao"?

Cheers,
Swarapriya
Aditya Pant
One more correction, the female singer in Naine Nain Made is Suman Kalyanpur.

Aditya
akbaralibhai
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 29 2009, 10:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Oct 28 2009, 07:51 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Aditya

Thanks for the song, Aditya. Does anyone can help with the name of the singer of the song "Jhat Jao"?

Cheers,
Swarapriya

The singers are Manna Dey and Kamal Barot.
swarapriya
QUOTE(Rushin @ Oct 28 2009, 10:10 PM) *

Jhat Jao Chandan Haar Lao female singer is Kamal Barot

Thanks Rushin for the info. I have updated the table accordingly. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Oct 28 2009, 10:48 PM) *

One more correction, the female singer in Naine Nain Made is Suman Kalyanpur.

Aditya

Got it. Made the changes per the suggestion. Thanks Aditya. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ Oct 28 2009, 11:03 PM) *

The singers are Manna Dey and Kamal Barot.

Thanks Akbaralibhai. I have updated the table to reflect the suggestion. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Hema) Tere Mere Sapne (1971)

Here is another sublimal musical score from Burmanda. Each song is just an absolute beauty. When it comes to melody Burmanda must belong to the top of the charts.

This movie is based on A.J. Cronin’s “Citadel” novel and the actor and director Vijay Anand treats the subject with lots of care combining entertatinment with moral dilemmas.

This movie was remade into a succesful Telugu film named "Madhura Swapnam". I will upload songs from the Telugu movie in this section following Hindi songs.

Now here is the incomparable music of Burmanda ...
swarapriya
Madhura Swapnam (1982) - A Telugu Movie

This is a remake of the beautiful musical "Tere Mere Sapne (1971)". I am uploading all the songs from this movie below ...
swarapriya
(Mala) Naya Zamana (1957)

Here is a nice album from the very less heard of but a fine music director, Kanu Ghosh. Majority of these songs are due to the courtesy of the Forum members ...
Exon
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 31 2009, 03:16 AM) *

Here is a nice album from the very less heard of but a fine music director, Kanu Ghosh. Majority of these songs are due to the courtesy of the Forum members ...

SP,

In Naya Zamana album, I have seen C. H. Atma's 'badle rang zamana' posted several times.
I am not familiar with this female song 'badle badle rang zamaana'. May I ask if it is from film video or record?

Exon
swarapriya
QUOTE(Exon @ Oct 30 2009, 06:07 PM) *

SP,

In Naya Zamana album, I have seen C. H. Atma's 'badle rang zamana' posted several times.
I am not familiar with this female song 'badle badle rang zamaana'. May I ask if it is from film video or record?

Exon

Hello Exon,

I received this song from a friend of mine. She tells me that it is from a tape.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
Exon
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 31 2009, 10:20 AM) *

SP,

Exon

Hello Exon,

I received this song from a friend of mine. She tells me that it is from a tape.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

SP,

Thanks for checking the source. I think, your upload might be the correct one.
I tagged my C H Atma audio based on previous posts in HF. It's starting line is as follows:

C. H. Atma: badle, badle rang zamaana, pal mein hansaaye pal mein rulaaye

The song you posted above starts as,

badle badle rang zamaana o, badle rang zamaana
chaaron or se bandh hogayi aaj pyaar ki dwaar

Members with GeetKosh, please verify these two songs. Thanks,

Exon
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(Exon @ Oct 31 2009, 06:29 PM) *

SP,

Exon

Hello Exon,

Cheers,
Swarapriya

SP,

I tagged my C H Atma audio based on previous posts in HF. It's starting line is as follows:

Exon

Exon, I don't have Geet Kosh so can't be sure, but the song SP posted is indeed from the film. The C. H Atma is most likely a non-film song (see link below)

http://www.searchamovie.com/cdcatalog/chatma.htm

Aditya
swarapriya
(Mumtaz) Baaghi (1964)

Leela Naidu, that fine actress who made her stunning debut in the film "Anuradha" in 1960 (it was President's Gold Medal winner for that year) that was directed by the great Hrishikesh Mukherjee, was the leading lady of this costume drama. Ms. Naidu, who passed away recently was a lady of exquisite beauty (see the picture attached). She was Miss India of 1954 and at one time was selected as one of world's ten most beautiful women by the Vogue magazine. The monthly periodical is published in several countries and is considered to be world's most influential fashion magazine.

Leela's father was an Indian and mother was of Swiss-French origin. Movie "Baaghi" was her last mainstream Hindi film even though she made occasional guest appearances in some movies after "Baaghi".

This film has some nice songs (for instance, Rafi Saab's both solos), most of them contributed by the Forum members. Thank you. Here are the songs from this album ...
Exon
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Oct 31 2009, 06:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Exon @ Oct 31 2009, 06:29 PM) *

SP,

Exon

Hello Exon,

Cheers,
Swarapriya

SP,

Exon

Exon, I don't have Geet Kosh so can't be sure, but the song SP posted is indeed from the film. The C. H Atma is most likely a non-film song (see link below)

http://www.searchamovie.com/cdcatalog/chatma.htm

Aditya

Aditya,

Thanks for straightening out this C H Atma song for me.

Exon
swarapriya
(Nutan) Dilli Ka Thug (1958)

Ravi does it again. This album has some catchy songs. Some zany but mostly lovely. There is Geetaji's memorable cabaret number "O Babu O Lala". There is so much oomph in this song that you just can't help but fall in love with such velvety voice that quivers singing this song. Then there is that great number by Asha, "Yeh Bahaar Yeh Sama". There is also that unforgettable duet of Asha and Kishore, "Yeh Raaten Yeh Mausam". I am uploading these and other songs in the first post. There are also three extended versions songs, by the courtesy of the Forum members. I will upload them in the second post.

Here is first set of beauties ...
swarapriya
Songs of "Dilli Ka Thug (1958)" Continued ...

Here are some of the extended version songs from this album. These all are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you ...
memsaab
Thank you for these swarapriya! I only had four songs from this film, and they are all so great.
swarapriya
QUOTE(memsaab @ Nov 1 2009, 01:33 PM) *

Thank you for these swarapriya! I only had four songs from this film, and they are all so great.

You're very welcome, memsaab. Cheers. -S
amwhouthinkiam
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 2 2009, 02:51 AM) *

Here are some of the extended version songs from this album. These all are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you ...

I've been waiting for this album for quite a while. Thanks a lot for the uploads.

Warm regards

Prashant
swarapriya
QUOTE(amwhouthinkiam @ Nov 1 2009, 06:25 PM) *

I've been waiting for this album for quite a while. Thanks a lot or the upload.

Warm regards

Prashant

You're very welcome, Prashant. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Rekha) Gora Aur Kala (1972)

Here is a nice album from LP ...
mirsa
Thanks Swarapriya for the albums
swarapriya
QUOTE(mirsa @ Nov 2 2009, 11:08 PM) *

Thanks Swarapriya for the albums

You're very welcome, Mirsaji. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Sadhana) Budtameez (1966)

Here is another combination of Shammi, Shankar & Jaikishan, and Rafi Saab. The net result is pure entertainment. Here are the songs from this album ...
ghullam
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 3 2009, 11:25 PM) *

Here is another combination of Shammi, Shankar & Jaikishan, and Rafi Saab. The net result is pure entertainment. Here are the songs from this album ...

jigri1
Thanks swarapriya smile1.gif Another step in my music replacement with your rips smile1.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(ghullam @ Nov 3 2009, 10:01 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 3 2009, 11:25 PM) *

You're welcome and welcome to the Forum. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
QUOTE(jigri1 @ Nov 3 2009, 10:18 AM) *

Thanks swarapriya smile1.gif Another step in my music replacement with your rips smile1.gif

As usual, you're always welcome Jigri. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Saira) Jhuk Gaya Aasman (1968)

Shankar & Jaikishan continue to cast their magic spell with another winning musical score for this album. Rafi Saab dominates the proceedings with Lata providing able assist. I will upload these songs in two back-to-back posts.

In the first post, I am also including Abhijeet's rendering of "Kaun Hai Jo Sapnon Mein Aaya". Here is the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Songs of "Jhuk Gaya Aasman (1968)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album with Lata's two beautiful solos, "Mere Tumhaare Beech" and "Inse Milee Nazar" ...
swarapriya
(Sharmila) Pyasi Sham (1969)

Here is another one of LP's fine albums where Rafi Saab has two nice solos and one of my favorite duets with Lata, "Duniya Mein Dilwaale Honge Hazaaron". A word of caution. These songs were ripped from a DVD and their quality, even though not bad, yet is variable and can be rated as from so so to okay.
princeali
Swarapriya,

Can you please re-upload the Extended Version of "Likhar tera naam zamin par" from Laila Majnu.

Cheers
swarapriya
QUOTE(princeali @ Nov 5 2009, 07:35 PM) *

Swarapriya,

Can you please re-upload the Extended Version of "Likhar tera naam zamin par" from Laila Majnu.

Cheers

My Dear Prince,

Here is the song you have requested. Details are as follows ...

Song: Likh Kar Tera Naam Zameen Par Usko Sajde
Lyric: Sahir Ludhianvi
Music: Madan Mohan & Jaidev
Time: 6:37
Singers: Lata Mangeshkar-Mohd. Rafi-Rishi Kapoor
Bit Rate: 192 Kb/s
Format: MP3

Cheers,
Swarapriya
hildebrand
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 2 2009, 02:51 AM) *

O Babu O Lala is a lovely song. Thought some members might like listening to the tune which inspired it. Hence uploading it.

Rum and Coca Cola
Andrew Sisters
128 kbps
02:03

It is available on third party site here: http://www.4shared.com/file/147879344/c04f...ObabuOLala.html
swarapriya
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Nov 6 2009, 10:41 AM) *

O Babu O Lala is a lovely song. Thought some members might like listening to the tune which inspired it. Hence uploading it.

Rum and Coca Cola
Andrew Sisters
128 kbps

Thanks for the song, HB. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Vyjayanti) Devta (1956)

Looking at the title I thought it would be a social drama. But it turns out to be a costume drama. It has the hero as Gemini Ganesh. I really don't care for either his looks or his acting abilities. He is the guy who got married by some known count at least five times and several of them he married while he was already married and living with wives and children. But personal prejudices aside, this album by C. Ramchandra is a real winner.

These songs were ripped from a DVD. Th quality of most of the songs is very good except for a couple of them. The song "Kaise Aaoon" has a couple of skips in it. Also, the song "Phoolon Ke Mele" has a skip a minute into it. Except for these blemishes, the overall qaulity of the songs is fine. Please note that the song "Zaalim Teri Aankhon Ne" is the extended version of "Jaane Teri Aankhon Ne".

Some of these songs have Ramchandra's unmistakable brand all over them. You can tell who gave the music even without knowing it was Ramchandra. The case in point are two of the songs by Lata, "Aye Chaand" and "Do Nainon". Both are absolute beauties.

This movie I am pretty sure was made both in Tamil and Telugu. However, I'm not sure what those movies are, if there are any.

Now for the songs of this album ...
nandi

Thanks for this post. Kanu Roy gained more recognition in the late 60s and 70s.
nandi
swarapriya
QUOTE(nandi @ Nov 6 2009, 02:00 PM) *

Thanks for this post. Kanu Roy gained more recognition in the late 60s and 70s.
nandi

You're welcome Nandi. Cheers. -S
hildebrand
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 7 2009, 01:48 AM) *

QUOTE(hildebrand @ Nov 6 2009, 10:41 AM) *

Rum and Coca Cola
Andrew Sisters
128 kbps

Thanks for the song, HB. Cheers. -S

You are most welcome SP. smile.gif
kamalamohanty
Swarapriya,

Thanks for posting a great C Ramchandra composition DEVTA

Zalim Teri Aankhon Ne & Jaane Teri Aankhon Ne in the Film DEVTA are perhaps the one & same song. Zalim is longer & Jaane is shorter.

Please check up.

Kamala Mohanty
swarapriya
QUOTE(kamalamohanty @ Nov 7 2009, 06:09 AM) *

Swarapriya,

Thanks for posting a great C Ramchandra composition DEVTA

Zalim Teri Aankhon Ne & Jaane Teri Aankhon Ne in the Film DEVTA are perhaps the one & same song. Zalim is longer & Jaane is shorter.

Please check up.

Kamala Mohanty

Kamala,

Thanks for pointing this out. Yes, they are one and the same songs except one of them is a longer version. I made changes to the table and my write up to reflect this. Thank you very much for keeping me honest.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
(Waheeda) Baat Ek Raat Ki (1962)

Uploading songs of great Burmanda gives me a kind of that rare and satisfying pleasure. He definitely was one of our greatest composers for sure. I read some place that little over 70% of his songs were huge hits. That is a whopping number. For me Burmanda's music is not how many number of hits, but how many melodious songs he composed. Take, for example, this album. "Baat Ek Raat Ki" is an absolute winner. All the more so because of that great song by Hemantda, "Na Tum Humein Jaano". The baritone voice of Hemanta just breaks your heart. Also Suman's version is equally captivating. This album has all great songs except for "Jo Hain Deewaane Pyaar Ke". For me it is a letdown. Even then, there are seven good songs out of eight. That is slightly over 87%, beating hands down his own average.

I am uploading all of the songs from the original sound track CD in the first post. The second post has couple of specials. For now, here is the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Songs of "Baat Ek Raat Ki (1962)" Continued ...

In this post I am including a couple of specials. The first song is the repeat of "Na Tum Humein Jaano". However, this one is preceded by a short introduction by Kalyanji of music director team Kalyanji & Anandji fame. It is from the album "Legends: S.D. Burman - The Ageless All Rounder (CD 3)".

The second song is the same song recorded by the singer Abhijeet. It is from his album "Salute to Legends".

Here are these two songs ...
sangeetbhakt
Of course the Hemant/Suman duet of "Na tum hameN jaano" is certainly the
best song of this album. But I have a very very strong fondness for
"Sheeshe ka ho ki pathhar ka dil". Rafi's introduction to the song is lovely.
IMO, Rafi never sounded as sweet as he did for the senior Burman.
And then Lata just takes the song away to a whole other level. Not too many
people that I know like this song as much as I do. But then again, to each
their own when it comes to musical tastes I guess.
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Nov 8 2009, 02:04 AM) *

Of course the Hemant/Suman duet of "Na tum hameN jaano" is certainly the
best song of this album. But I have a very very strong fondness for
"Sheeshe ka ho ki pathhar ka dil". Rafi's introduction to the song is lovely.
IMO, Rafi never sounded as sweet as he did for the senior Burman.
And then Lata just takes the song away to a whole other level. Not too many
people that I know like this song as much as I do. But then again, to each
their own when it comes to musical tastes I guess.

You're not the only one SB.... I absolutely love "Sheeshe Ka Ho...". smile1.gif

Aditya
swarapriya
(Zeenat) Warrant (1975)

Here is another Zeenat-Dev starrer with some fine music by RD, albeit only few songs ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.