Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aaj Socha Toh...
Hamara Forums > Legends > Mohd Rafi
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
zippoo
When you think of Rafi Saahab and "Sau Baar", why doesn't this come to mind...
roy_bachnoe
a great song..one of my favorites !! bye.gif
QUOTE(zippoo @ Mar 15 2005, 01:02 PM)

YaarMere
Nah guyz! The 1 4rom Ustaadon ke Ustaad is a classic!
unni
All the way with "Yaare Mere". Fortunately, well picturized. Elevated Pradeep Kumar from Colgate tooth-paste to Johnny Walker Scotch.

The song had such appeal, it was even copied in Tamil. (No, I'm not going to u/l that. Don't even know if I have it). abuse.gif
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(unni @ Mar 15 2005, 12:52 PM)
All the way with "Yaare Mere". Fortunately, well picturized. Elevated Pradeep Kumar from Colgate tooth-paste to Johnny Walker Scotch.

The song had such appeal, it was even copied in Tamil. (No, I'm not going to u/l that. Don't even know if I have it). abuse.gif

I do have the Tamil version.
- is it okay to upload here in HF?
- if yes, which forum should it go in? SKS or Rafi?
unni
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Mar 15 2005, 03:03 PM)

Please go ahead and upload it in SKS. You are most welcome to use the "Kachha Dhaaga" thread.
zippoo
I am in absolute complete agreement with YaarMere Ji and Unni Sahab. My intent with this thread is to focus on the "stars" which disappear when the "sun" blazes with all it's glory.
So let's see... When one thinks of "Musafir", one maybe thinks of The Versatile One (Musafir Hoon Yaaro). Or then maybe The Classically Perfect One (Chalat Musafir Moh Liya Re) (Yikes!! Two suns already)
But what about The Great One and this star....
ANT6
When i think of Rafi and the following words these come into my mind

MUSAFIR
O door ke musafir humko bhi saat lele re
Uran khatola 1953 ish

SAU BAAR
Sau baar janam lenghe hum
Ustadon ke ustad 1963

This topic can get very very interesting......................lets build up on this

ANT6 wink2.gif
zippoo
Ant6 Ji,
Aapke ke munh mein ghee shakkar.
zippoo
When one thinks of long numbers, maybe the Nightingale "guided" by the Folk Music Maestro comes to mind. Lekin aaj yeh gaana zehen mein aaya.

Part 1
zippoo
Part 2.
usrafian
QUOTE(ANT6 @ Mar 16 2005, 04:33 AM)
When i think of Rafi and the following words these come into my mind

MUSAFIR
O door ke musafir humko bhi saat lele re
Uran khatola 1953 ish

SAU BAAR
Sau baar janam lenghe hum
Ustadon ke ustad 1963

This topic can get very very interesting......................lets build up on this

ANT6 wink2.gif

Dear Ant6, Zipppooo

Iam fully agree with you, Sau Baar to sirf aur sirf ek baar hi kaha gaya hai.

When ever I heard 'Musafir' it immediately flashes following lines in front of my eyes(written by Shri S.H.Bihari) :-

Khusi To Bahut Hai, Magar Ye Bhi Gum Hai
Ke Ye Saath Apna Kadam Do Kadam Hai
Magar Ye MUSAFIR , Dua Mangta Hai
Khuda Apse Phir Kisi Din Milaaye.
Bahut Sukriyaa Badee Meharbani.

usrafian

ANT6
Thanx usarafian bhai
Rafi and Joy Mukherjee

zippoo thank you

SHUKRIYA

one song from the top of my head......................Rafi and Shashi Kapoor

Mere behchain dil ko chain tune diya
Shukriya shukriya o shukriya shukriya
Tera ehsaan hai jo pyar tune kiya

Aamne samne 1967

ANT6 rollf.gif
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(unni @ Mar 15 2005, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Mar 15 2005, 03:03 PM)

Please go ahead and upload it in SKS. You are most welcome to use the "Kachha Dhaaga" thread.

I uploaded the song in SKS. The link is below:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...indpost&p=76418
Harold
what about "aadmi musafir hai"?

bole to.....ye to antakshari lagta hai.....
Harold
QUOTE(ANT6 @ Mar 16 2005, 06:50 PM)
Thanx usarafian bhai
Rafi and Joy Mukherjee

zippoo thank you

SHUKRIYA

one song from the top of my head......................Rafi and Shashi Kapoor

Mere behchain dil ko chain tune diya
Tera ehsaan hai jo pyar tune kiya

Aamne samne 1967

ANT6 rollf.gif

when i think of "aamne saamne" i think of "aaj kal hum se roothe huwe hai sanam"
ANT6
Harold Posted Today, 12:14 AM
when i think of "aamne saamne" i think of "aaj kal hum se roothe huwe hai sanam"

I'm listening to it now...........................very nice love the way Rafi talks and says "LEKIN KHUDA KI KASAM" 25 sec into the song

ANT6 wink2.gif
zippoo
Let's see... when we think of Saadgi, maybe the Great One reminds us of "Yeh Teri Saadgi". Some of us may even think of the Underappreciated One and "Zara Dekhiye Meri Saadgi" (Can I humbly ask for a GQ upload for this one).
And then, there is this one...
Jay
Bahut shukriya aap ka Zippoo ji!
zippoo
Jay Ji,
Aap toh record books mein entry paayenge. Mere half-century pe aapne first respond karke us pe chaar chaand laga diye.
Jay
Shukriya ji, I just appreciated ur efforts zippoo ji.
ANT6
SAADAGI

for me this comes to mine

Yeh teri saadagi yeh tera baakpan
jane bahar jane chaman hi tauba shikant

ANT6 rollf.gif
hits
QUOTE(zippoo @ Mar 15 2005, 12:32 AM)
Sau_Baar_Banakar_Maalik_Ne.zip ( 2.75mb )

Sau Baar Banakar Maalik Ne - Rafi - Ek Raat - 1968 - Sheikh Mukhtar
hits
QUOTE(zippoo @ Mar 15 2005, 03:35 PM)
I am in absolute complete agreement with YaarMere Ji and Unni Sahab. My intent with this thread is to focus on the "stars" which disappear when the "sun" blazes with all it's glory.
So let's see... When one thinks of "Musafir", one maybe thinks of The Versatile One (Musafir Hoon Yaaro). Or then maybe The Classically Perfect One (Chalat Musafir Moh Liya Re) (Yikes!! Two suns already)
But what about The Great One and this star....
Ek_Musafir_Ko_Duniya_Mein_Kya_Chaahiye.zip

Ek Musafir Ko Duniya Mein - Rafi - Door Ki Awaaz - 1964 - Joy Mukherji
usrafian

Gustaakh

I assume that this word has been used only two times :-

(Rafi-Touch can convert anything into Gold (even more precious than that)
Bechaara 'Gustaakh' word bhi Rafi ki Jubaan se nikal kar dhanya ho gaya

1- Chere Pe Giri Julfen Kah Do To Hataa Dun Mein Gustaakhi Maaf (most popular)

2- ??????????

usrafian
zippoo
usrafian Ji,

Aap maidaan pe utarey, ab toh aagey mazaa hi mazaa nazar aata hai.

The other song that comes to mind is "Phir Na Keeje Meri Gustaakh Nigaahi Ka Gila" by the Soulful One and the Isn't-She-The-Nightingale One.
usrafian
QUOTE(zippoo @ Mar 17 2005, 10:58 AM)
usrafian Ji,

Aap maidaan pe utarey, ab toh aagey mazaa hi mazaa nazar aata hai.

The other song that comes to mind is "Phir Na Keeje Meri Gustaakh Nigaahi Ka Gila" by the Soulful One and the Isn't-She-The-Nightingale One.

Sudha ??? {Malhotra)

haaaye !!!

(Log kahete hain ki Asha.)
zippoo
Hmmm.... When the word "Gagan" comes to mind, the Underappreciated One reminds us of what happens below it. Or maybe the Nightingale reminds us of it's bindiya at night. Of course, the Great One talks about the clouds wafting across it.

But what about this one...

BTW, my intent with this thread was to (re) introduce songs we don't often think of, as the topic title and description suggests. Looks like this may turn out to be much more interesting than I imagined.

Dekhein aage kya hota hai.
Harold
But He also says: "Neele Gagan Par Urta Badal Aah Aah Aah"
Flex001
QUOTE(usrafian @ Mar 17 2005, 10:45 AM)
Gustaakh

I assume that this word has been used only two times :-

(Rafi-Touch can convert anything into Gold (even more precious than that)
Bechaara 'Gustaakh' word bhi Rafi ki Jubaan se nikal kar dhanya ho gaya

1- Chere Pe Giri Julfen Kah Do To Hataa Dun Mein Gustaakhi Maaf (most popular)

2- ??????????

usrafian

Nangein Baazu Nangi Taangein Husn Ka Yeh Maiyaar Nahin.....

I don't think I've heard the words 'nangi' and 'taangein' used in a song before. Maybe someone else knows better?

Rather crude words, though it suits this particular song and the way Rafiji has sang it makes it even more appealing.

hits
QUOTE(zippoo @ Mar 17 2005, 10:38 AM)
Hmmm.... When the word "Gagan" comes to mind, the Underappreciated One reminds us of what happens below it. Or maybe the Nightingale reminds us of it's bindiya at night. Of course, the Great One talks about the clouds wafting across it.

BTW, my intent with this thread was to (re) introduce songs we don't often think of, as the topic title and description suggests. Looks like this may turn out to be much more interesting than I imagined.
Is_Dharti_Is_Khuley_Gagan_Ka_Kya_Kehna.zip ( 2.61mb )

Is Dharti Is Khule Gagan Ka - Rafi, Asha - Ganga Tera Paani Amrit - 1971 - Navin Nischol, Yogeeta Bali
hits
QUOTE(zippoo @ Mar 15 2005, 11:15 PM)
When one thinks of long numbers, maybe the Nightingale "guided" by the Folk Music Maestro comes to mind. Lekin aaj yeh gaana zehen mein aaya.
Mere_Saaqia_Mere_Dilruba.part1.rar ( 11.44mb )
Part 1

Mere Saaqiya Mere Dilruba - Rafi - Rootha Na Karo - 1970 - Shashi Kapoor
hits
QUOTE(zippoo @ Mar 16 2005, 05:47 PM)
Let's see... when we think of Saadgi, maybe the Great One reminds us of "Yeh Teri Saadgi". Some of us may even think of the Underappreciated One and "Zara Dekhiye Meri Saadgi" (Can I humbly ask for a GQ upload for this one).
And then, there is this one...
Woh_Saadgi_Kahein_Isey_Deewangi_Kahein.zip ( 3.23mb )

Woh Saadgi Kahen Ise - Rafi - Shama - 1961 - Vijay Dutt
usrafian
QUOTE(zippoo @ Mar 17 2005, 11:08 PM)

Dear Zippoo

The word 'Gagan' was first introduced successfully in lyrics by Kaviraj Pt.Bharat Vyasji. The Song was a nector to ears. Afterward the word 'Gagan' was flooded in hindi lyrics.
There are some songs which we ourself wants to sing & it is one of them, a request to put me down the lyric.

Film-Sati Savitri, MD-LP Lata & Mannadey-

Tum Gagan Ke Chandrama Ho, Mein Dhraaa Ki Dhool Hoon
Tum Pranon Ke Devta Ho, Mein Samarpit Phool Hoon .

Tum Ho Pooja Mein Pujari , Tum Sudha Mein Pyas Hoon

Tum Mahasagar Ki Seema, Mein Kinaare Ki Laher
Tum Maha Sangeet Ke Swar, Mein Adhuri Saans Hoon

Tum Ho Kaya Mein Hoon Chaaya, Tum Kasam Mein Bhool Hoon

Tum Usha Ki Laalima Ho, Bhor Ka Sindoor Ho
Mere Pranon Ka Ho Gunjan, Mere Man Ka Mayur Ho
Tum Ho Pooja Mein Pujari , Tum Sudha Mein Pyas Hoon

zippoo
Of course, when our wandering thoughts land on "Nazaare", the voice of the Versatile One sings praises of the stars (among other things) and his wish for his beloved. Or the Nightingale asks the Great One where they may have hidden. And then, maybe, this comes to mind.
Jay
Zippoo ji, great song u offered! thnx ji, rare song! thnx!
This song is from "DO KALIYAN" if i am not wrong. Can someone u/l all songs of rafi saab plz?
thnx Jay
ANT6
QUOTE(zippoo @ Mar 19 2005, 03:56 AM)
Of course, when our wandering thoughts land on "Nazaare", the voice of the Versatile One sings praises of the stars (among other things) and his wish for his beloved. Or the Nightingale asks the Great One where they may  have hidden. And then, maybe, this comes to mind.

WOW what a song.....................memories memories..............................i remember this song way back in the days.....................now after hearing it again after so many years......................top song

I'm totally lost ..........................i cant think of anything else with NAZAARE at this moment

-------------------------------------------------

ok lets try another word since after listening to the above song my mind draws a blank

SADA

I'm sure we will come up with loads under this word
but here is my contribution

Kisne mujhe sada di kisne mujhe pukara
awaz dene wale awaz de dubara
Maine tumhe sada di maine tumhe pukara
tum arzoo ho meri main khwaab hu tumhara
Mohd Rafi & Suman Kalyanpur
Saaz aur awaaz 1966

ANT6 wave1.gif
usrafian
Dil Ki Tu Sin Le Sada
Flex001
QUOTE(ANT6 @ Mar 19 2005, 04:29 PM)
WOW what a song.....................memories memories..............................i remember this song way back in the days.....................now after hearing it again after so many years......................top song

I'm totally lost ..........................i cant think of anything else with  NAZAARE at this moment

ANT6 wave1.gif

One that springs to mind:

Tauba Yeh Nazaare Yeh Qaatil Ishaare
Lut Gaye Eh Husnwalon Hum Shehar Mein Tumhare
hits
QUOTE(Jay @ Mar 18 2005, 03:52 PM)
Zippoo ji, great song u offered! thnx ji, rare song! thnx!
This song is from  "DO KALIYAN" if i am not wrong.
thnx Jay

You are correct.
zippoo
ANT6 Ji,
Kya shabd aur kya gaana chuna aapne, wah wah. Aapke shabd se bahut dinon baad yeh gaana yaad aa gaya.
hits
QUOTE(zippoo @ Mar 19 2005, 04:43 PM)
ANT6 Ji,
Kya shabd aur kya gaana chuna aapne, wah wah. Aapke shabd se bahut dinon baad yeh gaana yaad aa gaya.
Sun_Le_Tu_Dil_Ki_Sada.zip ( 4.03mb )

From the tags -

Sun Le Tu Dil Ki Sada - Rafi - Tere Ghar Ke Samne - 1963 - Dev Anand
zippoo
Hits Ji,
Aap key "Mule" ne toh hawa ki raftaar ko bhi sharminda kar diya.
hits
QUOTE(zippoo @ Mar 19 2005, 04:52 PM)
Hits Ji,
Aap key "Mule" ne toh hawa ki raftaar ko bhi sharminda kar diya.

Zippoo,

Most of your uploads are already tagged (and in excellent quality). I don't have to wake my mule up. Wouldn't even intervene if you mention the movie name in your posts.
Priya
QUOTE(Flex001 @ Mar 18 2005, 12:10 AM)
Nangein Baazu Nangi Taangein Husn Ka Yeh Maiyaar Nahin.....
I don't think I've heard the words 'nangi' and 'taangein' used in a song before. Maybe someone else knows better?

Haven't a clue about this cryptic thread but happened to se this so chipping in!!!
The word nangi was also used by Rafisaab in the mysterious duet lambi joru badi museebat from Ek Thi Ladki (1949).
zippoo
Priya Ji,
Aapke darshan se iss thread mein jo chaar chaand lag gaye hain, unko dekhtey dekhtey billi ney zubaan chura li hai.
ANT6
Just been listening to Yeh sama yeh rut yeh nazare again..................just noticed i have this song already on my HD from HF......................dont know how i managed to miss it.....................possibly because it could have been xmas time.

heh heh now i got it twice tongue.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PARDESI

when one thinks of pardesi......................which song comes to your mind

Pardesiyon se na akhian mila na
pardesiyon ko hai ek din jana

or what about

Hum toh chale pardes hum pardesi hogaye
choota apna desh hum pardesi horgaye

just 2 from the top of my head

ANT6 rollf.gif
unni
QUOTE(zippoo @ Mar 20 2005, 11:39 AM)
Priya Ji,
Aapke darshan se iss thread mein jo chaar chaand lag gaye hain, unko dekhtey dekhtey billi ney zubaan chura li hai.

Aur thread ki khairiyyat ke liyey, mein 'disinfectant' khareedney jaa raha hoon. abuse.gif

Fuzool mein merey ko kharcha pad gaya. angry2.gif
ANT6
Unni bhai

you are food fun........................nice joke tongue.gif
zippoo
Unni Sahab,
Aapne prakat hokar iss thread mein chaar suraj laga diye, mein to dhanya ho gaya. Ab toh kaashi aur mere beech koi deewar na rahi.

Aapne is thread ki hifaazat ka zimma lekar meri billi ke khojne ka kaam bhi niptaa diya. Bahut Shukriya.

Waisey aapke shabd padhh kar, the Great One se maafi maangtey huey, yeh zaroor kahoonga (gaaney ki toh zurrat nahi kar sakta):

Humne toh "thread" ko aap ke kadmon mein rakh diya,
Iss "thread" ka kya karengey ab aap sochiye.

P.S. Chaand aur Suraj, dono ko khush rakhney ke liye, bahut soch ke yeh geet chuna.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.