hi khawar Sohail
can you u/lmanadey and suriya sing one song 1942 year one movie

have song,
dhall[quote

I did not follow your request? khawar

I request one song from 1942 movie TAMANNA

Jaago aai usha panchi bole jago --siner-suriya and manadey,
dhall

I will check my collection for this song and if I found it I will upload....khawar
surhall

hi
thanks , but very hard this song, till date last many year not get .
let wait and see .
dhall
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 19 2009, 02:42 PM) *

Since I was three years (I am told) I liked 3 songs. Duniya rang rageeli from Dhartimata, Toofan mail from jawaab and this song which is with me since 1964. I rate is the best song ever (of course in my view). I am uploading this duet sung by my favourite Judhika roy and kamaldas gupta. Listen to Bengali Magic at its best. The song starts with a sound effect of boat Oar splashing in water. Listen carefully!! She was also mahatma Gandhi's favourite singer. I think she is still living (<90 years). Duration = 3.20 min Khawar

Here is the other side of the above 78 rpm Record #N16506. Same singers (Judhika+kamaldas). at 128 kbps duration = 2.49 min
Enjoy! khawar
urzung khan
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Sep 19 2009, 02:37 PM) *

QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 19 2009, 06:02 PM) *

On my cassette the song is credited to malika-e-mauseque Roshanara begum. I am not so sure. At 128 kbps, duration = 3.09 min....khawar

She did apparently sing it, I don't know when but it found its way into the film Siskiyan (1952)....it is a beautiful song... no idea about the MD....

Siskiyan 1952 was an unreleased movie.
If the name of singer is raelly Roshan Ara Begum
then she is most likely to be someone other than
Malik e Mausiqi Roshan Ara Begum.
khawar Sohail
Continuing with Judhika roy. She is best known for singing merabai bhajans and geets. I think all her songs were composed by only one person Kamaldas gupta (a world record) and I also think she never sang any song for a movie (kindly correct me if i am wrong). here is her rare geet at 128 kbps...khawar
duration = 2.42 min
pradeepasrani
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 22 2009, 05:20 PM) *

Continuing with Judhika roy. She is best known for singing merabai bhajans and geets. I think all her songs were composed by only one person Kamaldas gupta (a world record) and I also think she never sang any song for a movie (kindly correct me if i am wrong). here is her rare geet at 128 kbps...khawar
duration = 2.42 min

Khawar Bhai

Juthika Roy did sing for a few Hindi movies made in Kokatta.

Her songs from Ratnadeep (1952), *Main To Ram Ratan Dhan Paayo* and *Preet Kiye Dukh Hoye* readilly come to mind. Do let me know if you would like me to upload them.

Eid Mubarak to you and all our friends at the HF.

Pradeep
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ Sep 22 2009, 06:56 PM) *

duration = 2.42 min

Khawar Bhai

Her songs from Ratnadeep (1952), *Main To Ram Ratan Dhan Paayo* and *Preet Kiye Dukh Hoye* readilly come to mind. Do let me know if you would like me to upload them.

Pradeep

I might be wrong but I think she had two songs in Lalkar (1956) as well.

Aditya
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Sep 22 2009, 07:19 PM) *

duration = 2.42 min

Khawar Bhai

Pradeep

Aditya

I have her lots of Non-film songs but I dont think I have her film songs you mentioned. Is Ratnadeep smae movie in which Talat sang some very good solos and duets? I would like to listen her songs from Lalkaar & Ratnadeep...khawar
Prabhakar
I have a Hindi song from a Bengali movie - Dhuli - made in 1954 - Prabhuji Jeevan Jyot Jalaaao at 18 kbps and another song from a movie named Matwali Meera from year 1947 wherein she sang Jogi Mat Ja and this version is @ 128 kbps.

I will be glad to upload one or both of these if you are interested.

Prabhakar

QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 22 2009, 04:20 PM) *

duration = 2.42 min

khawar Sohail
QUOTE(Prabhakar @ Sep 23 2009, 06:51 AM) *

I have a Hindi song from a Bengali movie - Dhuli - made in 1954 - Prabhuji Jeevan Jyot Jalaaao at 18 kbps and another song from a movie named Matwali Meera from year 1947 wherein she sang Jogi Mat Ja and this version is @ 128 kbps.

Prabhakar

QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 22 2009, 04:20 PM) *

duration = 2.42 min

Thanks Prabhakar sahib. I have jogi mat ja. I never thought its from a movie...If you need any judhika song let me know. I have huge collection. khawar
khawar Sohail
This time a rare bhajan by Judhika roy at 128 kbps, duration = 3.17 min....khawar
Faraaj73
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 23 2009, 09:42 AM) *

duration = 2.42 min

Khawar Bhai

Pradeep

Aditya

I have her lots of Non-film songs but I dont think I have her film songs you mentioned. Is Ratnadeep smae movie in which Talat sang some very good solos and duets? I would like to listen her songs from Lalkaar & Ratnadeep...khawar

Khawar Saab

I'll give you the two Ratnadeep solos (nothing special compared to her non filmi). I haven't actually heard the Lalkaar songs.......
memsaab
My brain hurts from the amount of information I've gotten from this thread (not to mention the songs I can't wait to listen to!)...

Thank you very much for sharing such gems and all this knowledge, all of you.

Really can't wait to hear Jaddan Bai, especially!
khawar Sohail
Shamshaad+ Ghulam Haidar duet from sati muraad at 128 kbps duration = 2.43 min....khawar
urzung khan
QUOTE(Prabhakar @ Sep 23 2009, 06:21 AM) *

Prabhakar

Matwali Meera was released in 1940 and re-released in 1947-48
under another name. No records were issued of its songs.
Sometime back Jogi Mat was uploaded here attributing the
singer wrogly as Mukhtar Begum.
Juthika Roy's Jogi Mat Ja in circulation is a non-film song.

-urzung khan
pradeepasrani
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 23 2009, 06:12 AM) *

duration = 2.42 min

Khawar Bhai

Pradeep

Aditya

Khawar Bhai

Ratnadeep had a couple of duets and a solo of Talat Mahmood. It had a number of songs sung by Geeta Roy. The movie was made in Kolkatta, directed by great Debaki Bose with music by Robin Chatterji. Here are the two exquisite Mirabai bhajans sung by Juthika Roy.

1. Main to Ram Ratan Dhan Paayo (Duration 3.08 min., 128 kbs)
2. Preet Kiye Dukh Hoye (Duration 3.03 min, 128 kbs)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Pradeep
khawar Sohail
A good duet at 128 kbps but unsure of singers and film. duration = 5.47 min.........khawar
khawar Sohail
Lets hear one singer which is seldom featured on HF. I mean jagmohan lovely geet at 128 kbps, duration = 3.03 min.....khawar
khawar Sohail
From rarer to a very obscure singer. Vidyanath seth. Listen to this lovely geet at 128 kbps, duration = 3.05 min..........khawar
surhall
hi khawar Sohail

what about my song found??? i waiting get any news.

dhall
Yadavagiri5
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 16 2009, 03:25 PM) *

A treat for Kishore/Khemchand fans!! A have dug up a very rare Kishore song composed by his guru Khemchand Prakash probably in 1949. I guess just after Ziddi. This is one of kishore lovliest songs. Hearing is believing!!!!Khawar Duration = 3.06 min @ 128 kbps
A have a shamshaad song from the other side of the record. If anbody want that let me know..

Dear khawar Sohail,

Here is a better quality version of the Kishore Kumar song

Song: Jagmag Jagmag Karthaa

Movie: Rimjhim

MD: Khemchand Prakash

Singer: Kishore

Year: 1949

Format: mp3

Bit Rate: 128

Duration: 3:08
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(surhall @ Sep 26 2009, 06:19 PM) *

hi khawar Sohail

dhall

Not yet. If I do not find it in my collection I will try get them from Lahore this Dec. Can you put the wording and singers/MD of all songs here...Khawar
khawar Sohail

hi khawar Sohail

dhall

Not yet. If I do not find it in my collection I will try get them from Lahore this Dec. Can you put the wording and singers/MD of all songs here...Khawar
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(Yadavagiri5 @ Sep 26 2009, 07:54 PM) *

QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 16 2009, 03:25 PM) *

A treat for Kishore/Khemchand fans!! A have dug up a very rare Kishore song composed by his guru Khemchand Prakash probably in 1949. I guess just after Ziddi. This is one of kishore lovliest songs. Hearing is believing!!!!Khawar Duration = 3.06 min @ 128 kbps
A have a shamshaad song from the other side of the record. If anbody want that let me know..

Dear khawar Sohail,

Here is a better quality version of the Kishore Kumar song

Song: Jagmag Jagmag Karthaa

Movie: Rimjhim

MD: Khemchand Prakash

Singer: Kishore

Year: 1949

Format: mp3

Bit Rate: 128

Duration: 3:08

Thanks for better recording. I always say good song deserve better recording.....khawar
surhall
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 27 2009, 04:39 AM) *

hi khawar Sohail

dhall

hi brother

here is----1942-tamanna-jaago aayi usha------Suraiyya with manna dey---78 rpm disc young india recirds---MP 645

soon u/l poster this movie
dhall
mirsa
Thanks Khawar Sahab for the rare songs.

Here is better quality of song uploaded above and a beautiful song indeed, courtesy Saleem Bhai:

Film: LAAJ (1946)
Song title: Kya saath hamaara aur unka
Singer: Shamshad Begum
Lyrics: Sagar Nizaami
Music composer: R. C. Pal
File: MP3--160 kb--3.07 mins.
mirsa
Here is another one by Shamshad Begum singing for wonderful composer Shyam Sunder

Film: Dev Kanya (1946)
Song title: Ek nazar mein mere man ko..
Lyrics: ?
Music composer: Shyam Sunder
File: MP3--160 kb--3.05 mins.
mirsa
Listen to this version of:

Film: Ghungat (1946)
Song title: Aaati hai yaad tumhari
Singer: Nirmala Devi
Lyrics: Ramesh Pandey
Music composer: Shankar Rao Vyas
File: MP3--160 kb--3.01 mins.
mirsa
1946-Rang Bhoomi-255-Aankhon mein aansu lab par ahen-ShamshadBegum-Premnath

Film: Rang Bhoomi (1946)
Song title: Aankh mein ansoo lab par aahen
Lyrics: ?
Music composer: Premnath
File: MP3--160 kb--2.55 mins.
Erum Hashmi
Thanks, MOHD. JI!
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Sep 27 2009, 11:16 PM) *

Thanks, MOHD. JI!

Shukriya! Mirsa ji for these rare songs in such a good quality....khawar
surhall
sangeet ka safar

Hoshiyar Ho, Hoshiyar Ho 128/44 kbs 2 .58 min

(Film : TAMANNA 1942)
MP 644 Young India Records -
singer & music--KCDey
geetkaar-SKKalla_

dhall

i have poster from movie soon u/l here
Erum Hashmi
QUOTE(surhall @ Sep 28 2009, 01:33 PM) *
sangeet ka safar

singer & music--KCDey
geetkaar-SKKalla_

dhall

Thanks, Surenderji! smile.gif smile.gif
mirsa
You are all welcome Khawar Sahab and Erum.

Movie: Andhon Ki Duniya (1947)
-Is ishq ke kanton mein hai phoolon ka khazana...
-Singers: Zohra Bai & Sailesh Mukherjee
-Lyrics: Behzad Lucknowi
-Music :Vasant Desai
-File: MP3-160 kb--3.21 mins.
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Sep 28 2009, 01:50 PM) *

sangeet ka safar

singer & music--KCDey
geetkaar-SKKalla_

dhall

It seems that Tamana film is made by New Theatre's calcutta. I am right? I am sure Aman Durrani sahib from Lahore will have few songs from this movie. khawar
surhall
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 29 2009, 08:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Sep 28 2009, 01:50 PM) *

sangeet ka safar

singer & music--KCDey
geetkaar-SKKalla_

dhall

It seems that Tamana film is made by New Theatre's calcutta. I am right? I am sure Aman Durrani sahib from Lahore will have few songs from this movie. khawar

hi
yes your right, 4 song i have . but my request till date not get any were .
dhall
khawar Sohail
Put the LIST of all songs from Tamana and indicate on list which songs you have already got and which you still require or you can send me the list via email (sohailsiddiqui1995@yahoo.com). Also note if you have song but in bad sound quality and you want to have it again. I am very much interested in New Theatre songs and like to collect them. I have a feeling that I might have few KC dey songs from Tamana in my collection but not sure. Are you also a fan of New Theatres songs? Its difficult to find New Theatre fans. Khawar
pradeepasrani
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 30 2009, 09:51 AM) *

Put the LIST of all songs from Tamana and indicate on list which songs you have already got and which you still require or you can send me the list via email (sohailsiddiqui1995@yahoo.com). Also note if you have song but in bad sound quality and you want to have it again. I am very much interested in New Theatre songs and like to collect them. I have a feeling that I might have few KC dey songs from Tamana in my collection but not sure. Are you also a fan of New Theatres songs? Its difficult to find New Theatre fans. Khawar

Count me in Khawar Bhai

An incorrigible New Theatres Deewana.

Pradeep
chopin
Two songs sung by Juthika Roy that I have I would like to share. hope it is OK to contribute to this forum.
Format mp3 , bit rate 128kbps. Music Director Kamal Das Gupta as far as I know.

1. Ghunghat ka pat khol , by Meera Bai (bhajan) , 3.01 mins.
2. Chupke chupke bol maina , 3.05 mins.

Regards Sanjay
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ Sep 30 2009, 10:06 PM) *

Count me in Khawar Bhai

Pradeep

Pradeep sahib thats very nice. At least there are still people who like New Theatres music. Lets exchange our lists of New theatre's songs required by each of us. Some time ago I posted a list on HF but I can either post here again or send to you by email....Khawar
khawar Sohail
A New Theatre rare gem at 128 kbps for Pradeep sahib......khawar
mirsa

Full album of Sanyasi (1945) on request uploaded at the following link in Naushad forum:

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...id=631955&#
pradeepasrani
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Oct 1 2009, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ Sep 30 2009, 10:06 PM) *

Count me in Khawar Bhai

Pradeep

Pradeep sahib thats very nice. At least there are still people who like New Theatres music. Lets exchange our lists of New theatre's songs required by each of us. Some time ago I posted a list on HF but I can either post here again or send to you by email....Khawar

Sorry Khawar Bhai

I have visited HF after a few days and saw your message today. I do not have a separate list of songs from New Theatres but do have many of them. Actually I only mark in HFGK volumes the songs that I have and do not have separate list of the songs that I have. Please upload the list of New Theatres movie songs here and also mark the ones that you are looking for. I shall upload the ones that you may be missing.

Please PM on pradeep.asrani@gmail.com for further details.

Thanks

Pradeep
khawar Sohail
Here is my list of New Theatres songs that I do not have: Khawar

Songs from New Theatre’s, Calcutta I need:
1. door hare bhare is ban mein koi geet.…..Zindigi(1940)
2. kaajar kahe dharoon nainan mein sakhi…..Zindigi(1940)
3. Karwatain badalta he zamana….oonch neech (1948)
4. more ghar kaari badarya chayi….dharti mata (1938)
5. naya zamana aya he….dharti mata 1938
6. Akhir who din aaya aaj, jis ka…..Dhartimata (1938)….pankhaj mullick
6. prabhu mohe bula lo gaaoon mein….dhartimata 1938
7. aa sakhi aa dehjo zara man ka mana phool khilao….maya 1940-49? (music RC Boral)
8. aane se jiske hum khush khush….manzil..1936
9. Aao re chameeli ek baat….Inqalaab…. music RC Boral
10.aasmaan pe he ek chand aaj yehaan....maaya1940-1949 (music RC Boral)
11. Dagaar dagar dhoom machi he, nagar nagar....manzil 1936
12. balam rooth gayo sakhi….Anaath asshram..(music RC Boral)
13. cheen le hai cheen le mujh se….anaath aashram..(music RC Boral)
14. Dil ka laagana is dunya se poora dhokha….manzil..1936
15. jo in guzaari hoi gharyoon ko ab mein yaad karta….Anaath aashram (music RC Boral)
16. kali kali kajraare....anjaan garh..(music RC Boral)
17. kahani dukh bhari kisko….anaath ashram..(music RC Boral)
18. kis se kahain koun dil mein sama raha….millionaire, crorepati..(music RC Boral)
19. koyaliya dewaani cheere prem kahani….anaath ashram..(music RC Boral)
20. lage balamwa se nain kaise booloon….sepera..(music RC Boral)
21. machi he dhoom gulshan mein bahaar ayi….millionaire, crore pati..(music RC Boral)
22. meri aankhoon mein aake sama....millionaire..(music RC Boral)
23. peele gaide ke phool….sepera..(music RC Boral)
24. soota he sansaar tu kahe naheen….anaath aashram..(music RC Boral)
25. woh badloon ka hatna woh chand ka….sepera..(music RC Boral)
26.woh khush ho lain hum se nashaad….anath aashram..(music RC Boral)
27. aankhoon ki oot jo rehta tha….meenakashi..(music pankhaj mullick)
28. diya kya kya fareb-e-jalwa….yahudi ki larki..1933....(music pankhaj mullick)

Kanan Devi songs:
1. yun kisne sikhaya………………………..faisla
2. panghat pe madhu…………………………faisla
3. koi dil ka ban gaya…………………………faisla
4. khuli hawa mein……………………………faisla
5. is tarha rothey hai…………………………..chandrashekar
6. dil ki histi……………………………………chandrashekar
7. nahi bedardi aye…………………………….chandrashekar
khawar Sohail
Some khursheed Begum later days songs at 128 kbps: 3.40 min Khawar
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Oct 17 2009, 09:13 AM) *

Some khursheed Begum later days songs at 128 kbps: 3.40 min Khawar

Second song 3.04 min
khawar Sohail
Some more pre-1947 Khursheed rares at 128 kbps... Films unknown....khawar
2.53 min
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Oct 17 2009, 03:33 PM) *

2.53 min

second song = 2.39 min...khawar
surhall
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Oct 17 2009, 03:39 PM) *

QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Oct 17 2009, 03:33 PM) *

2.53 min

second song = 2.39 min...khawar

HAPP DIWALI
Bhakta Surdas (1942)
Cast: Kesarbai, Khurshid, Monica Desai, Nagendra N Desai, Sahgaal M, Saigal K L
Music Director: Gyan Dutt
Director: Chaturbhuj Doshi
Producer: Ranjeet
Lyrics: Madhok D N
Year: 1942
Genre: Hindi

dhall
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.