Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

What Did U Think Of Mithun Chakraborty

, ur views pls!

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Did U Think Of Mithun Chakraborty, ur views pls!
shabbirkumar786
post Oct 22 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7130

hiya guys,

hope ur watching & enjoying ur classics.

love to get your views on the 80s superstar...

'MITHUN CHAKRABORTY'.

take care.

eagerly awaiting for ur comments.

all the best.

Bash.

Tumse milkar na jane kyon aur bhi kuch yaad aata hai...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Oct 22 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Bash I like only two movies of Mithunda! His very first one, Mrigyaa 1976 (a Mrinal Sen movie) and Sheesha - 1986 (with Moon Moon Sen and Mallika Sarabhai).

The rest were the usual commercial movies. His dancing ability in the movies probably is what that made the movies click.

His style of talking and dancing set the trend in 80's he he he!

Koi Shaque! tongue1.gif

+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Oct 22 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2066

The biggest surprise of my life was my stay in Belgaum. That town was Mithun-crazy, I tell you!!
Yenny movie of MC would run to packed houses!! Amitabh, Shammi and Mithun could have ruled the town.

Self - belief is the most potent force.
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Oct 22 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Any particular reason for the craze Mandrake?
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Oct 22 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2066

None that I can think of. They Just Liked Him!!

Self - belief is the most potent force.
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Oct 22 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I guess the town craze that spread like a rage tongue1.gif
+Quote Post
shabbirkumar786
post Oct 28 2006, 05:28 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nimii @ Oct 22 2006, 05:49 PM) *

Bash I like only two movies of Mithunda! His very first one, Mrigyaa 1976 (a Mrinal Sen movie) and Sheesha - 1986 (with Moon Moon Sen and Mallika Sarabhai).

The rest were the usual commercial movies. His dancing ability in the movies probably is what that made the movies click.

His style of talking and dancing set the trend in 80's he he he!

Koi Shaque! tongue1.gif

hey nimmi,

koi shaque... l.o.l

i like it!!!

BASH.

+Quote Post
NATURE
post Oct 28 2006, 06:19 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2238

QUOTE(Mandrake @ Oct 22 2006, 08:13 PM) *

The biggest surprise of my life was my stay in Belgaum. That town was Mithun-crazy, I tell you!!
Yenny movie of MC would run to packed houses!! Amitabh, Shammi and Mithun could have ruled the town.

yeah, i heard about that. one of my friends told me: "u will be chocked when u will see the mithun craze
in villages. if in any festiv, the theatres don't show a mithun movie there will be a fight for sure ...
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

here r few things about mithun:

1. name: gouranga chakraborty ( born. June 16, 1947 )

2. graduated from film and television institute of india, pune. ( i never knew that )

3. first movie "mrigaya" in 1976 by mrinal sen.

4. filmfare awards for: jallad and agneepath ( supporting actor to mithun, best actor to amitabh bachchan )

5. won 3 national awards for the movies: mrigaya, taharader katha and ramakrishna

6. he left mainstream bollywood movies and started doing movies for developing his own movies.
these movies were mainly targeted towards people whose social status can at best be described as modest.

i think this is one of the reasons behind mithun craze in villages and towns. ooty is one such example
where he owns an entire series of hotels and people there are just crazy about him.

courtesy: wikipedia

Jo Milte hain, voh nahi milte
Aur Jo Nahi Milte, Vohin Vaastav mein milte hai
Kaaran jo hai, voh nahi hai
Aur jo nahi hai, vohin hai.
Ye keval Shabdo ki heraa-pheri nahi hai
Aur heraa-pheri hain bhi
Yehin Darshan hai
Aur isi hone naa hone, milne naa milne ke beech mein
maayaa kaa samudra hai
+Quote Post
shabbirkumar786
post Oct 28 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(NATURE @ Oct 28 2006, 06:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Mandrake @ Oct 22 2006, 08:13 PM) *

yeah, i heard about that. one of my friends told me: "u will be chocked when u will see the mithun craze
in villages. if in any festiv, the theatres don't show a mithun movie there will be a fight for sure ...
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

here r few things about mithun:

1. name: gouranga chakraborty ( born. June 16, 1947 )

2. graduated from film and television institute of india, pune. ( i never knew that )

3. first movie "mrigaya" in 1976 by mrinal sen.

4. filmfare awards for: jallad and agneepath ( supporting actor to mithun, best actor to amitabh bachchan )

5. won 3 national awards for the movies: mrigaya, taharader katha and ramakrishna

6. he left mainstream bollywood movies and started doing movies for developing his own movies.
these movies were mainly targeted towards people whose social status can at best be described as modest.

i think this is one of the reasons behind mithun craze in villages and towns. ooty is one such example
where he owns an entire series of hotels and people there are just crazy about him.

courtesy: wikipedia

wat did u think of him?

+Quote Post
Anwar_Fan
post Oct 28 2006, 06:27 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 4348

Aaright Bash.

I personally liked Mithun more when he performed the poor down trodden bichara gharib village type person - like Agneepath. I have to say, I've only partly watched may be, a couple of his films.

I recently watched a little bit of Mithuns Bengoli village based film on Zee Cinema - bit I watched was enjoyable - when peforming serious roles - A CLASS ACT.

I however still have nightmares about Mithun attempting Michael Jacksons Thriller dance routine, wearing sparkly white (pimp/elvis style) skin tight clothes, cowboy boots and huge sunglasses ("Goggles"), reminded me of Richard Pryor - more suitable for "Blue Oyster Bar", if you know what I mean excl.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Bash I admit I'm a bit biased - cos my family mostly only watched Big B, Dilip Kumar and Mehmood.

Same goes for my taste in music - family influence.

Take care.
+Quote Post
shabbirkumar786
post Oct 28 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Oct 28 2006, 06:27 PM) *

Aaright Bash.

I personally liked Mithun more when he performed the poor down trodden bichara gharib village type person - like Agneepath. I have to say, I've only partly watched may be, a couple of his films.

I recently watched a little bit of Mithuns Bengoli village based film on Zee Cinema - bit I watched was enjoyable - when peforming serious roles - A CLASS ACT.

I however still have nightmares about Mithun attempting Michael Jacksons Thriller dance routine, wearing sparkly white (pimp/elvis style) skin tight clothes, cowboy boots and huge sunglasses ("Goggles"), reminded me of Richard Pryor - more suitable for "Blue Oyster Bar", if you know what I mean excl.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Bash I admit I'm a bit biased - cos my family mostly only watched Big B, Dilip Kumar and Mehmood.

Same goes for my taste in music - family influence.

Take care.

no dnt Be silly yaar,

ur opinion is paramount cos its unique.

iNFACT- i think mithun was one the most under rated & acomplished actors of his generation.

some of his performances have been outstanding.

he was charimatic, hard working & comitted!

my only real critism of mithun wud be the fact he made a 100 0r 200 (l.o.l) more films than he shud have!

he was a true genuine, star hence ruling in the 80s.

look no further than mukul s. anands's...'agneepath 1990'.

p.s.

thats where i differ i never get influenced either by family or friends.

i just say & choose what i like regardless!

thanx yaar.

take care.

BASH.

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Nov 3 2006, 01:26 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1583

ok , when i was small kid in Afghanistan.........my cousin who was 5 years older than me , used to collect Methun's small photos .........he would draw all the cards stuff on the back of the photos........and he would play cards with that..........meanwhile, he had a big poster of mithun in his bedroom.........the one from "i'm a disco dancer" song..........he himself would sing this song too.........that's all i know about methun's fame in Afghanistan wink.gif

.......................................................................IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dharmaan Khan
post Nov 3 2006, 01:57 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1045

Mithun was a class act, i respect him for he was totally dedicated to what he did, no matter how big or small a film he was working in. there are some outstanding scenes from his films like example, the scene in "ghulaami" where he kills bairav singh in the desert, and is brought in to the cop shop where he faces naseeruddin shah and bairav singhs brothers and naseeruddin shah asks him " kya yeh sach hai ke tum ne bairav singh ka khoon kiya hai"? to which mithun replies "maine bairav singh ka khoon nahin kiya, woh ladaai main mara gaya, kyonke pehla vaar usne kiya tha" the dialogue delivery of mithun in this scene is just amazing as the dialogue requires it, not lot of actors really think about their dialogue delivery, they just blirt it out. and his acting on the scene where he ties the jooda on a dead anita raaj, with zeehal e maskeen song (slow version sung by an uncredited Anuradha) playing in the background, one of my all time best scenes from hindi cinema.

and of course agneepath, the dialogues are amazing such as: "main apni maa ka ACHA beta hoon"
and "hamara nuskaan 325 rupees" ,wonderfull!!!

and many many more, To name a few PARIVAAR-1987, some amazing scenes in that, PYAR KA MANDIR-1988, Boxer 1984 (the confrontational scenes with Danny are just amazing), i could go on and on, lekin aaj ke liye itna hi kaafi hai.
+Quote Post
SAJJAD
post Nov 3 2006, 02:00 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

Not much tongue1.gif WHY? lol He was a B- grade actor....

If you get in bed with government, you should expect to walk funny the next day!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
shabbirkumar786
post Nov 3 2006, 03:08 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dharmaan Khan @ Nov 3 2006, 01:57 AM) *

Mithun was a class act, i respect him for he was totally dedicated to what he did, no matter how big or small a film he was working in. there are some outstanding scenes from his films like example, the scene in "ghulaami" where he kills bairav singh in the desert, and is brought in to the cop shop where he faces naseeruddin shah and bairav singhs brothers and naseeruddin shah asks him " kya yeh sach hai ke tum ne bairav singh ka khoon kiya hai"? to which mithun replies "maine bairav singh ka khoon nahin kiya, woh ladaai main mara gaya, kyonke pehla vaar usne kiya tha" the dialogue delivery of mithun in this scene is just amazing as the dialogue requires it, not lot of actors really think about their dialogue delivery, they just blirt it out. and his acting on the scene where he ties the jooda on a dead anita raaj, with zeehal e maskeen song (slow version sung by an uncredited Anuradha) playing in the background, one of my all time best scenes from hindi cinema.

and of course agneepath, the dialogues are amazing such as: "main apni maa ka ACHA beta hoon"
and "hamara nuskaan 325 rupees" ,wonderfull!!!

and many many more, To name a few PARIVAAR-1987, some amazing scenes in that, PYAR KA MANDIR-1988, Boxer 1984 (the confrontational scenes with Danny are just amazing), i could go on and on, lekin aaj ke liye itna hi kaafi hai.

hiya dost,

totally agree with u!

at last someone who knows what theyre talking about.

mithun was a real class act.

take care.

we need more people like u dharmaan bhai.

BASH.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 04:13 PM