Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Muse & Music

, Music of the Golden Age

182 Pages V « < 74 75 76 77 78 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Muse & Music, Music of the Golden Age
yogihit
post May 10 2010, 04:46 PM
Post #1126

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 45555

Swarapriya ji
Zillion thanks for all uploads bow.gif

Regards,
Yogi

An open source Person
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 10 2010, 07:05 PM
Post #1127

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(yogihit @ May 10 2010, 04:16 AM) *

Swarapriya ji
Zillion thanks for all uploads bow.gif

Yogihit, you're very welcome. Please drop "ji" when you next address me. Thanks & cheers. -S

+Quote Post
taiyab53
post May 10 2010, 11:32 PM
Post #1128

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(romesh @ May 10 2010, 10:39 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 27 2010, 10:37 PM) *

(Waheeda) Ghar Ka Chiraag (1967)

Waheeda had a guest role in this film. I have only one song (in two parts) from this movie that I am uploading here. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. If you happen to have any, please kindly share. Thanks.

Now for the one I have ...

dear SP

here are the last three missing songs of ghar ka chirag--1967. out of the five missing songs two have already been uploded one by me and one by taiyab sahib so that completes the album.

quote=romesh

thanks friend iwas missing these songs
taiyab
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 10 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #1129

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Waheeda) Palki (1967)

Naushadji was one of the musical geniuses the Hindi film industry has ever known. The simplicity of his tunes and his understanding of classical music and its influence on his music time and again have enriched innumerable songs he composed for various movies. Apart from being a great musician, he also wrote shairi. For Hariharan's ghazal album "Aathwaan Sur" not only he composed music but also wrote all of the lyrics of the ghazals. For this movie, "Palki", we find Naushadji's another facet. It was based on his story. Naushadji, a great multi-faceted genius he certainy was!

Naushadji and Shakeel Badayuni collaborated in many movies. It seems like Shakeel Saab almost exclusively wrote for Naushad Saab. However he did write songs for many other music directors as well. This film is also embellished with Shakeel Saab's rich lyrics. The song "Aye Shehar-E-Lucknow" reminds me of another great song written by Shakeel Saab, "Yeh Lucknow Ki Sar Zameen" for Guru Dutt's classic "Chaudhvin Ka Chand (1960)". Thus Shakeel Saab got a chance to pay magnificent tribute to the history, people, and traditions of a great city twice.

I am uploading songs from this film in three separate posts. First two posts contain all the songs from the original sound track CD album. The third post contains remaining songs that were not on the CD.

Here is the first set of songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post May 10 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #1130

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(romesh @ May 10 2010, 10:39 AM) *

Waheeda had a guest role in this film. I have only one song (in two parts) from this movie that I am uploading here. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. If you happen to have any, please kindly share. Thanks.

dear SP

here are the last three missing songs of ghar ka chirag--1967. out of the five missing songs two have already been uploded one by me and one by taiyab sahib so that completes the album.

quote=romesh

thanks for the missing songs
but two songs are not having correct pitch
is it recording problem or files are like that
thanks
taiyab
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 10 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #1131

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Palki (1967)" Continued ...

Here are more songs from this beautiful album ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 11 2010, 07:21 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 11 2010, 12:09 AM
Post #1132

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Palki (1967)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this film that were not on the CD. The "Mushaira" piece was contributed by the members of this Forum. Thank you. I cleaned this song to eliminate static and hissing and was mostly successful. Now for the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
raz
post May 11 2010, 01:56 AM
Post #1133

Group Icon

Member No.: 36644

QUOTE(romesh @ May 10 2010, 09:39 AM) *

dear SP

THNX A TON ROMESH I WAS LOOKING 4 DIS ALBUM FROM LONG TIME THANK YOU FOR COMPLETING MY REMAINING SONGS

quote=romesh

+Quote Post
Exon
post May 11 2010, 02:42 AM
Post #1134

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 10 2010, 11:58 PM) *

Here are more songs from this beautiful album. I am not certain, but the song shown in red italics in the table below may be from this film. I don't have this song. If this indeed is from this film, I am requesting friends of this Forum to share with rest of us. Thanks.

Here are the songs in this post ...

SP,

I think, 'bimar-e-mohabbat' title is an error in Earth Music entry; I don't think it belongs to Palki. There is a song (Hemant, Lata duet) with that title in Teesri Gali (1958).

Exon

This post has been edited by Exon: May 11 2010, 02:42 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 11 2010, 03:28 AM
Post #1135

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ May 10 2010, 02:12 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 10 2010, 11:58 PM) *

Here are more songs from this beautiful album. I am not certain, but the song shown in red italics in the table below may be from this film. I don't have this song. If this indeed is from this film, I am requesting friends of this Forum to share with rest of us. Thanks.

Here are the songs in this post ...

SP,

I think, 'bimar-e-mohabbat' title is an error in Earth Music entry; I don't think it belongs to Palki. There is a song (Hemant, Lata duet) with that title in Teesri Gali (1958).

Exon

Thanks Exon. I will wait for another couple of days to see developments before making the change.
Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 11 2010, 07:54 PM
Post #1136

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Asha) Shikar (1968)

This movie came from Guru Dutt Films. After Guru died during the shooting of "Baharen Phir Bhi Aayengi" his younger brother Atma Ram took over the reigns. After successfully releasing "Baharen" with Dharmendra (who replaced Guru), this film was made and released, also starring Dharmendra. I wonder where did all the money go from these proceedings? During these times one of our greatest singers, Geetaji, Guru's wife, was under severe financial strain and also was in poor health. One would think she should have gotten some share of the money to support herself and her children. (Parag, please throw some light on this subject. Thanks).

"Shikar" was the first full length color movie under the banner. It turned out to be a hit thanks mainly due to its beautiful music and dashing looks of Dharmendra. This movie also was photographed by the great V.K. Murty who was a close friend and associate of Guru. He photographed all of Guru's own movies except "Chaudhvin Ka Chand".

Most of the songs from this album became popular. The standout song is the one by Asha, "Parde Mein Rahne Do". She is at her best in these type of songs and Asha does it here very beautifullly. Also worth mentioning are Rafi Saab's solo and the duet of Kalle and Kapoor. Here are these and other songs from this original sound track album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post May 11 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #1137

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 11 2010, 07:24 AM) *

(Asha) Shikar (1968)

This movie came from Guru Dutt Films. After Guru died during the shooting of "Baharen Phir Bhi Aayengi" his younger brother Atma Ram took over the reigns. After successfully releasing "Baharen" with Dharmendra (who replaced Guru), this film was made and released, also starring Dharmendra. I wonder where did all the money go from these proceedings? During these times one of our greatest singers, Geetaji, Guru's wife, was under severe financial strain and also was in poor health. One would think she should have gotten some share of the money to support herself and her children. (Parag, please throw some light on this subject. Thanks).

Swarapriya

Not just Shikaar which was made after Guru Dutt's demise, the film Chauhadhvin kaa Chaand made in the year 1960 made a lot of money. It more than compensated the losses due to Kaagaz ke Phool. Even Sahib Bibi aur Ghulaam was a moderate success at the box office. So in a nutshell, Guru Dutt films was in very good financial conditions despite the box office failure of KKP. The question then remains why a 34 year widow (an extremely popular playback singer) with 3 children to support was forced to do stage shows to feed herself and her kids!

The answer to this question lies in the film Sailaab made by Mukul Roy in the year 1958. Geeta ji financially helped her brother in making of this film and the film bombed at the box office like nobody's business. (In fact it is said that Guru had advised Mukulda not to release the film, even though he himself had directed it.) The financial debacle of Sailaab put Geeta ji in a difficult situation. I do not understand the finer nuances of the deal, but it is said that Guru Dutt made Geeta ji "insolvent" to Guru Dutt films after this. This was merely a way to avoid this financial debacle to hit the assets of Guru Dutt films. What transpired after the tragic and untimely death of Guru Dutt was devastating on Geeta ji. One one hand she lost her husband and on the other hand she was dissociated from the wealth of her own film company. This is how she was forced to do stage shows to make both ends meet, while Guru Dutt films (now taken over by his brother Atmaaram) enjoyed the huge commercial success of Shikaar.

How cruel was the destiny!

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 12 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #1138

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ May 11 2010, 10:47 AM) *

(Asha) Shikar (1968)

Swarapriya

Not just Shikaar which was made after Guru Dutt's demise, the film Chauhadhvin kaa Chaand made in the year 1960 made a lot of money. It more than compensated the losses due to Kaagaz ke Phool. Even Sahib Bibi aur Ghulaam was a moderate success at the box office. So in a nutshell, Guru Dutt films was in very good financial conditions despite the box office failure of KKP. The question then remains why a 34 year widow (an extremely popular playback singer) with 3 children to support was forced to do stage shows to feed herself and her kids!

The answer to this question lies in the film Sailaab made by Mukul Roy in the year 1958. Geeta ji financially helped her brother in making of this film and the film bombed at the box office like nobody's business. (In fact it is said that Guru had advised Mukulda not to release the film, even though he himself had directed it.) The financial debacle of Sailaab put Geeta ji in a difficult situation. I do not understand the finer nuances of the deal, but it is said that Guru Dutt made Geeta ji "insolvent" to Guru Dutt films after this. This was merely a way to avoid this financial debacle to hit the assets of Guru Dutt films. What transpired after the tragic and untimely death of Guru Dutt was devastating on Geeta ji. One one hand she lost her husband and on the other hand she was dissociated from the wealth of her own film company. This is how she was forced to do stage shows to make both ends meet, while Guru Dutt films (now taken over by his brother Atmaaram) enjoyed the huge commercial success of Shikaar.

How cruel was the destiny!

Thank you very much Parag for sharing the whole story. I was only aware of bits and pieces of it. But this is the first time I see how dots are connected giving a complete picture.

Some decisions we make in our lives, whether knowingly or unknowingly, seems like they haunt us forever. These subsequent unfortunate string of events in Geetaji's young and troubled life probably could have been averted if there was a generous soul out there to take care of them. But chivalry is not a common attribute for many folks who themselves are wilting under their own day to day pressures of life.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 12 2010, 09:28 PM
Post #1139

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hema) Dulhan (1974)

The fine Telugu film actress Jamuna had a supporting role in this movie (her picture attached). Jamuna, who acted in nearly 200 movies, appeared in a handful of Hindi movies as well. In 1967, for her performance in L.V. Prasad's "Milan", she won the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award.

Here are the songs from this film ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post May 13 2010, 04:21 AM
Post #1140

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 12 2010, 09:28 PM) *

(Hema) Dulhan (1974)

The fine Telugu film actress Jamuna had a supporting role in this movie (her picture attached). Jamuna, who acted in nearly 200 movies, appeared in a handful of Hindi movies as well. In 1967, for her performance in L.V. Prasad's "Milan", she won the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award.

Here are the songs from this film ...

Jan e chaman by Kishore is one of my all time favorite Kishore song.

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post

182 Pages V « < 74 75 76 77 78 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 07:32 AM