Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Muse & Music

, Music of the Golden Age

182 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Muse & Music, Music of the Golden Age
simplefable
post Jun 9 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #61

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 20340

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 8 2009, 11:57 PM) *

Rojulu Maaraayi (1955) - A Telugu Movie

bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif

SP..time and again am impressed by your informative posts. This one really proves so gratifying.. Thanks..thanks.
I am getting an idea that you might have been connected with films in someway or other. We dont get this kind of information these days in any media..unfortunately. I made it a point to buy each and every book printed on Telugu films...but never found this information anywhere.
Yes..SDB took the tune of Yeru Vaaka saagaaro ranno chinnanna.. ( chinnanna is brother in telugu..) and some where i read that the tune couldnt be done without that word...so he left out " Dekhne mein bola hai..Dil ka salona..Bombai se aaya hai..Babu Chinnanna.." rolleyes.gif
Master Venu's contribution though limited to just fifty films....they are the epitome of grace and melody. One more significant of his songs being...." Sadi seyako Gaali...Sadi seyakoyee.." From BN Reddy's classic..Raja Makutam.
Here is a pic of the Maestro.. Master Venu

IPB Image

This post has been edited by simplefable: Jun 9 2009, 09:45 PM

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post Jun 9 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #62

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1288

I love the education that I am getting from swarapriya and the others like simplefable that are contributing to this thread. Thank you and keep them coming.

This post has been edited by sangeetbhakt: Jun 9 2009, 04:47 PM
+Quote Post
Exon
post Jun 9 2009, 08:04 PM
Post #63

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

SP,

You prepare your posts with so much attention; I try to read each one of them.
Especially I liked your description of Royulu Marayi. Here is that song with Waheeda Rehman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50kQAhjkBys

Exon

+Quote Post
simplefable
post Jun 9 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #64

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20340

Thankyou SB..and Exon for enjoying these tidbits.. smile.gif
Came across this interesting information on net :

According to VAK Ranga Rao, the song's tune is used by CR Subbaraman in Sri Lakshmamma Katha (1950), where the folk-singers Seeta and Anasuya claimed authorship, although it was probably adapted from a 20's HMV recording by their teacher Valluri Jagannadha Rao. When the MG Ramachandran's hit Madhurai Veeran (1956) used a similar tune, the producer was sued for plagiarism.
VAK Ranga Rao is a walking encyclopaedia on indian film music and holds the biggest collection of Vinyl Records in India.. here is the link for that info..

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2007/01/19/stories...11901940300.htm

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #65

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

[quote name='ayyagari' date='Jun 8 2009, 05:47 PM' post='604274']

AVM remade it in Telugu as "Jeevitam".
[/quote]

Swarapriyaji, can you upload the songs of 'Jeevitam'?

Madhu
[/quote]

Madhu, please drop "ji" when you're addressing me. Thanks.

I have misplaced my "Jeevitam" tape. I do have three songs with partial information. I am uploading them here ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #66

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplefable @ Jun 8 2009, 09:21 PM) *

SP..time and again am impressed by your informative posts. This one really proves so gratifying.. Thanks..thanks.
I am getting an idea that you might have been connected with films in someway or other. We dont get this kind of information these days in any media..unfortunately. I made it a point to buy each and every book printed on Telugu films...but never found this information anywhere.
Yes..SDB took the tune of Yeru Vaaka saagaaro ranno chinnanna.. ( chinnanna is brother in telugu..) and some where i read that the tune couldnt be done without that word...so he left out " Dekhne mein bola hai..Dil ka salona..Bombai se aaya hai..Babu Chinnanna.." rolleyes.gif
Master Venu's contribution though limited to just fifty films....they are the epitome of grace and melody. One more significant of his songs being...." Sadi seyako Gaali...Sadi seyakoyee.." From BN Reddy's classic..Raja Makutam.
Here is a pic of the Maestro.. Master Venu
IPB Image

Thanks for the info and the picture of Master Venu, SF.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #67

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Jun 9 2009, 04:16 AM) *

I love the education that I am getting from swarapriya and the others like simplefable that are contributing to this thread. Thank you and keep them coming.

SB, you're just too kind. Cheers.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #68

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Jun 9 2009, 07:34 AM) *

SP,

You prepare your posts with so much attention; I try to read each one of them.
Especially I liked your description of Royulu Marayi. Here is that song with Waheeda Rehman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50kQAhjkBys

Exon

Thank you Exon. The video clearly shows the type of "daffli" I was talking about. Cheers.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #69

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplefable @ Jun 9 2009, 09:24 AM) *

Thankyou SB..and Exon for enjoying these tidbits.. smile.gif
Came across this interesting information on net :

According to VAK Ranga Rao, the song's tune is used by CR Subbaraman in Sri Lakshmamma Katha (1950), where the folk-singers Seeta and Anasuya claimed authorship, although it was probably adapted from a 20's HMV recording by their teacher Valluri Jagannadha Rao. When the MG Ramachandran's hit Madhurai Veeran (1956) used a similar tune, the producer was sued for plagiarism.
VAK Ranga Rao is a walking encyclopaedia on indian film music and holds the biggest collection of Vinyl Records in India.. here is the link for that info..

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2007/01/19/stories...11901940300.htm

Thanks for this additional info.

To continue the story, what happened was that Sarathi Studios, who originally produced "Rojulu Maaraayi" wanted to make it in Tamil. By that time, the tune for "Eruvaaka" was already copied for the above Tamil film. Sarathi owners sued for copyright infringement the producers of the Tamil movie, but lost the case because there were no copyright laws of music ownership during those days.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #70

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Hare Rama Hare Krishna

Zeenat made a sensational appearance in this movie augering a new era of womanhood in Bombay filmdom. Never before this movie people saw a woman puffing smoke and enjoying the company of drug addicts. In shree 40 Nadira smokes a cigarette, but she was showing off fashionable elegance. In this movie, Zeenat was showing an indifferent irreverance towards anything so called decent life loving norms humans believe in. It was quite a show. The tribute goes to the director of the movie, Dev Anand.

This was Dev's first movie as a director. It was a smashing debut (that Dev will not be able to repeat for the rest of his life). To top it off, it was accompanied by R.D. Burman's mesmerizing music that was full of heat and beat. The song "Dum Maaro" overnight became a cult phenomenon. Asha really breathes life into the song. The oomph, the "mast", it is all there.

I was in attendance at one of Asha's concerts. She recited the story that the song "Dum Maaro" almost didn't make it. Dev Anand wanted to scrap it thinking that it will project a wrong image and probably was not necessary. But better senses prevailed. The song did remain in the movie and beacme such an integral part of the story.

Zeenat was not the first actress of choice for the role she played in the movie. Several others were considered including Mumtaz. But Mumtaz wanted to play the leading lady part opposite Dev. When the role was offered to Zeenat she readily accepted it.

While making the movie, Dev has to go to court to have Mumtaz avaliable for shooting of the film in Nepal. She was a busy actress during this time and producers did not want her to go on an extended period of time without honoring her other commitments. When they tried to stop, Dev went to the court and got a verdict in his favor. The movie was shot without further incident.

Now for a description of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 10 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #71

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Baap Beti (1954)

This was Asha Parekh's second movie as baby Asha. The great Bimal Roy directed the movie and Roshan provided its music. Unfortunately I don't have a single song from this movie. I am requesting members to share these if they can. Thanks.
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Jun 11 2009, 12:59 PM
Post #72

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 10 2009, 09:46 PM) *

Baap Beti (1954)

This was Asha Parekh's second movie as baby Asha. The great Bimal Roy directed the movie and Roshan provided its music. Unfortunately I don't have a single song from this movie. I am requesting members to share these if they can. Thanks.

This film had 4 songs, all sung by Lata Mangeshkar. I am uploading the songs, but the sound quality is just about average.

1. Koyal Bole Koo - posted here.
2. Andhere Se Ujale Tak - Baap Beti - Lata - Roshan - 128 - 3:09

3. Duniya Bananewale Ramji - Baap Beti - Lata - Roshan - 128 - 3:01

4. Le Chal Ri Nindiya - Baap Beti - Lata - Roshan - 128 - 3:08

Aditya

+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Jun 11 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #73

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Jun 11 2009, 05:29 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 10 2009, 09:46 PM) *

Baap Beti (1954)

This film had 4 songs, all sung by Lata Mangeshkar. I am uploading the songs, but the sound quality is just about average.

Aditya

Thanks Aditya! Second rare album you've introduced me to in recent days...

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 11 2009, 10:17 PM
Post #74

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Jun 11 2009, 12:29 AM) *

1. Koyal Bole Koo - posted here.
2. Andhere Se Ujale Tak - Baap Beti - Lata - Roshan - 128 - 3:09

3. Duniya Bananewale Ramji - Baap Beti - Lata - Roshan - 128 - 3:01

4. Le Chal Ri Nindiya - Baap Beti - Lata - Roshan - 128 - 3:08

Aditya

Thank you very very much Aditya for the songs.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 11 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #75

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Sapnon Ka Saudagar (1968)

This was the very first Hindi movie Hema starred in. Songs of this album are still available in the "Raj Kapoor" thread in the "Sangeet Ke Sitarey" section. You can access these songs at the following path ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...3261&st=279

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 11 2009, 10:26 PM
+Quote Post

182 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 10:45 PM