Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Photographs Of Geeta Dutt

, Collection of photographs of Geeta Dutt

19 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Photographs Of Geeta Dutt, Collection of photographs of Geeta Dutt
dinesh
post May 22 2005, 07:56 PM
Post #46

Unregistered

QUOTE(bchatterjee @ May 22 2005, 05:09 AM)
Geeta Dutt & Kishore kumar (Born as Abhash Kumar Ganguly, converted to Islam before marrying Madhubala (Mumtaz Khan) as her father, Ataullah Khan would not give her daughter to a non-Muslim, and assumed the name Abdul Karim!!

I read on yahoogroup that this story of Kishore converting to islam is a rumor and not true. please confirm
this photo is of Guru Dutta and not kishoreda !!!
dinesh
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lovelysamdave
post May 22 2005, 11:26 PM
Post #47

Unregistered

Your very right friend.
I llike ur attitute.

Regards
Sam

QUOTE(bchatterjee @ May 22 2005, 03:58 AM)
I thought we could all have a separate section for the photographs of Geeta Dutt.....Rarely (at least I do not know of any) any Indian playback singer is considered beautiful. Geeta Dutt according to me was the only one!! (Her brother also agreed that indeed his 'Ranga di' was not only a talented singer but a truly gorgeous and a beautiful lady)!

Bappa

+Quote Post
bchatterjee
post May 22 2005, 11:37 PM
Post #48

Unregistered

QUOTE(dinesh @ May 22 2005, 08:56 PM)
Geeta Dutt & Kishore kumar (Born as Abhash Kumar Ganguly, converted to Islam before marrying Madhubala (Mumtaz Khan) as her father, Ataullah Khan would not give her daughter to a non-Muslim, and assumed the name Abdul Karim!!

I read on yahoogroup that this story of Kishore converting to islam is a rumor and not true. please confirm
dinesh

You are right....I had another photo with Kishore Kumar.....but can't find it now:(

But the conversion to islam is true as Kishore's parents were very upset at that and never accepted Madhubala as their daughter-in-law. They were also upset that their beloved first daughter-in-law Ruma Guhathakurtha (founder of Calcutta Youth Choir and neice of Satyajit Ray) was mistreated.
+Quote Post
bchatterjee
post May 23 2005, 09:00 PM
Post #49

Unregistered

Can anyone identify who is the lady in the photo. The man is Guru Dutt no doubt....
Thanks
Bappa

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
maheshks
post May 26 2005, 03:06 AM
Post #50

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1790

QUOTE(dinesh @ May 22 2005, 07:56 PM)

dinesh

Who so ever has written in the yahoo group is misinformed. Not only kishor kumar but all gentlemen( abuse.gif) including Dharmender, Raj Babbar and others embraced Islam before committing second marriage. The reason being that a Hindu cannot marry twice so long as his first wife is alive and is normal. Bigamy is punishable under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 and the maximum punishment is 10 years. Therefore, to circumvent the law they all took the shield of Islamic personal laws.

But later on the Supreme Court of India came down very heavily on such marriages and directed the government to make use of Article 44 of the Indian constitution for framing Uniform Civil Code. This was the case of Sarla Mudgal v. Union of India. In this case, the question was whether a Hindu husband, married under the Hindu law, by embracing Islam, can solemnise second marriage The Court held that a Hindu marriage solemnised under the Hindu law can only be dissolved on any of the grounds specified under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. Conversion to Islam and Marrying again would not, by itself, dissolve the Hindu marriage under the Act. And, thus, a second marriage solemnised after converting to Islam would be an offence under Section 494 of the Indian Penal Code.

Hope this will clear the minds of all of us why they all embraced Islam before getting married second time. wave1.gif

When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
bchatterjee
post May 26 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #51

Unregistered

QUOTE(maheshks @ May 26 2005, 04:06 AM)
QUOTE(dinesh @ May 22 2005, 07:56 PM)

dinesh

Who so ever has written in the yahoo group is misinformed. Not only kishor kumar but all gentlemen( abuse.gif) including Dharmender, Raj Babbar and others embraced Islam before committing second marriage. The reason being that a Hindu cannot marry twice so long as his first wife is alive and is normal. Bigamy is punishable under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 and the maximum punishment is 10 years. Therefore, to circumvent the law they all took the shield of Islamic personal laws.

But later on the Supreme Court of India came down very heavily on such marriages and directed the government to make use of Article 44 of the Indian constitution for framing Uniform Civil Code. This was the case of Sarla Mudgal v. Union of India. In this case, the question was whether a Hindu husband, married under the Hindu law, by embracing Islam, can solemnise second marriage The Court held that a Hindu marriage solemnised under the Hindu law can only be dissolved on any of the grounds specified under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. Conversion to Islam and Marrying again would not, by itself, dissolve the Hindu marriage under the Act. And, thus, a second marriage solemnised after converting to Islam would be an offence under Section 494 of the Indian Penal Code.

Hope this will clear the minds of all of us why they all embraced Islam before getting married second time. wave1.gif

That was what Guru Dutt's Mr. & Mrs. '55 was about - A satire!

Bappa
+Quote Post
asad
post May 28 2005, 12:59 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

Member No.: 389

I thought we could all have a separate section for the photographs of Geeta Dutt.....Rarely (at least I do not know of any) any Indian playback singer is considered beautiful. Geeta Dutt according to me was the only one!! (Her brother also agreed that indeed his 'Ranga di' was not only a talented singer but a truly gorgeous and a beautiful lady)!

Bappa

Thanks for all these lovely pictures. The picture you picked up from a Bengali Magazine is a brilliant print. In the film "Kala Bazar" (1960) too you can catch a glimpse of Geeta Dutt along with Guru Dutt as they come to attend the premiere of Mother India. Other singers who can be spotted are Mohd Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore Kumar (with wife Ruma Guha Thakurta).

Asad
+Quote Post
bchatterjee
post May 28 2005, 01:15 AM
Post #53

Unregistered

QUOTE(asad @ May 28 2005, 01:59 AM)

Bappa

Thanks for all these lovely pictures. The picture you picked up from a Bengali Magazine is a brilliant print. In the film "Kala Bazar" (1960) too you can catch a glimpse of Geeta Dutt along with Guru Dutt as they come to attend the premiere of Mother India. Other singers who can be spotted are Mohd Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore Kumar (with wife Ruma Guha Thakurta).

Asad

Thats who it is !! I kept thinking whether it is Jogeeta Bali or who???? thumbs-up.gif
Being a Bengali I should be ashamed that I could not recognize her......especially as a school kid (class 5, 1983), I sang in a group song with her nephew, arjun Guhathakurtha!!

Bappa
+Quote Post
lovelysamdave
post May 28 2005, 07:04 PM
Post #54

Unregistered

Really classical beauty yaar...............

Regards
Sam

Geeta Dutt & Guru Dutt

+Quote Post
bchatterjee
post May 28 2005, 10:30 PM
Post #55

Unregistered

QUOTE(lovelysamdave @ May 28 2005, 08:04 PM)
Really classical beauty yaar...............

Regards
Sam

Geeta Dutt & Guru Dutt

The other day I was talking to my mother about Geeta Dutt and my grandmother and she used to always wonder why Guru dutt could not cast Geeta dutt as his heroine, why was there a need to bring Waheeda Rehman?????

Bappa
+Quote Post
asad
post May 31 2005, 12:49 AM
Post #56

Group Icon

Member No.: 389

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=11618

go to this post in mohd rafi forum to see the lovely pic posted by Mazher Bhai

+Quote Post
bchatterjee
post May 31 2005, 07:46 AM
Post #57

Unregistered

By Courtesy of PerryKhan (Mazher Sahab)....

Picture Caption: is a photo of ME with Rafi Sahib together with Geeta Dutt, my brother and mom. The photo was taken in 1963 at our home in Birmingham, UK. He was in Britain for a concert tour but instead of staying at a posh hotel he was happier visiting us. Being a Punjabi, he loved his home cooked food. I have numerous photos of Rafi Sahib taken both in Britain and at his home in Bombay over all the years that we were fortunate enough to spend with him. Some are too private because they include pics of female members of his family, but ones like these I have permisson to share with his fans. Note Rafi Sahib's big smile and the watch! He loved watches and had a huge collection.
Regards
Mazher

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Peedarp
post Jun 1 2005, 05:39 AM
Post #58

Unregistered

I cant thank the contributors of these wonderful pix enough. Geeta Dutt is my fave singer. Awesome, guys. Thanks a million!
+Quote Post
PradeepS
post Jun 1 2005, 11:25 AM
Post #59

Group Icon

Member No.: 2447

Wow! Grace, beauty and talent all in one........No wonder Guru Dutt fell for her. What happened later between them makes one feel sad even today.
+Quote Post
bchatterjee
post Jun 10 2005, 09:08 AM
Post #60

Unregistered

COLLECTED FROM LATA MANGESHKAR FORUM.

(PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE OTHER GEETA DUTT PHOTOS ANYWHERE ON WEB OR IN ANY OTHER FORUM THAT ARE NOT U/L HERE).

MEENA KAPOOR, LATA MANGESHKAR AND GEETA DUTT.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th June 2024 - 06:31 AM