Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photographs Of Geeta Dutt
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
bchatterjee
I thought we could all have a separate section for the photographs of Geeta Dutt.....Rarely (at least I do not know of any) any Indian playback singer is considered beautiful. Geeta Dutt according to me was the only one!! (Her brother also agreed that indeed his 'Ranga di' was not only a talented singer but a truly gorgeous and a beautiful lady)!

Bappa
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt, January 1961.
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt in the film 'GOURI' directed by Guru Dutt, which was shelved in 1957.
(I can't make the picture any clearer.)
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt, Lalitha Lajmi, Guru Dutt, Tarun, Arun, Nina, Vasanthi etc. in the religious ceremony before demolition of the Pali Hill bungalow. Geeta told Lalitha that she believed that the house was haunted and the ghost that lived in a tree, was ruining her marriage and that she was glad to see it demolished.
bchatterjee
Geeta Bali and Geeta Dutt on the sets of BAAZ.
bchatterjee
THE WEDDING.
bchatterjee
The Beautiful.....Geeta Dutt
bchatterjee
The Marvellous....Geeta Dutt
bchatterjee
Front Row: Vijay Padukone, Captain Gopalakrishna Lajmi, Lalitha Lajmi
Middle Row: Nagam, Geeta Roy (to be daughter-in-law), Shivshankar Rao Padukone, Vasanthi Padukone.
Back Row: Guru Dutt, Devi Dutt, Atmaram.

(At Lalitha's wedding, Bombay, December 1952.)
bchatterjee
January 1961.
Guru dutt, Geeta and Tarun, Arun....
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt and Lata Mangeshkar (two friends)
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt and Hemant Kumar.
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt & Guru Dutt
bchatterjee
Guru Dutt & Geeta...
bchatterjee
Suman Kalyanpur, Geeta Dutt, Mohd. Rafi....
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt
bchatterjee
A rare photo of all the singers together in the early years of their singing careers ! Can you spot
( front row) Zohra Jan, Rajkumari, Amirbai Karnatki, Hamida Banu, Geeta Roy (later Geeta Dutt), Lata Mangeshkar, Meena Kapoor, (and standing behind) Sailesh Mukherjee, Talat Mahmood, Dilip Dholakia, Mohd. Rafi, Shiv Dayal Batish, G.M. Durrani, Kishore Ganguli (later Kishore Kumar),
and Mukesh.
bchatterjee
Geeta Roy from a Bengali film magazine....
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt singing at Raj Bhawan in Calcutta
bchatterjee
At the end of her life.....
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt and Talat Mehmood photographed while leaving a function...
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt & Talat Mehmood.....
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt, Guru Dutt, Tarun, Arun and Nina in 1964....before the family broke up for ever....
bchatterjee
Portrait.....
bchatterjee
A publicity poster in Bangladesh
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt posing for a disc cover.....
bchatterjee
Geeta & Arun....
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt
bchatterjee
Pic 1: At the recording of Jis desh mein ganga behti hain...
Pic 2: Lata Mangeshkar, Meena Kapoor and Geeta Dutt
bchatterjee
Geeta....
bchatterjee
Geeta
bchatterjee
Geeta, Guru Dutt and Tarun & baby Arun
bchatterjee
With friends.....
bchatterjee
Picture1. Kalpana Lajmi, with mother Lalitha at Guru Dutt Films Pvt. Ltd. Golden Jubilee celebrations.
(Geeta's photo above)
Picture2: Shyam Benegal, Kalpana lajmi and Arun at the same function
bchatterjee
Geeta Dutt for an Illustrated Weekly photograph......
bchatterjee
HERE ARE SOME PICTURES WHICH ARE NOT FOUND IN ANY MAGAZINES ETC.

bchatterjee
Guru dutt's self photograph at Ark Royal just a few days before his suicide....
Vasanthi padukone in early 1960s
Lalitha and Vasanthi in 1989...
Signature of Guru Dutt
bchatterjee
A picture showing the edited out scene in SAHIB BIBI AUR GHULAM.....Guru Dutt edited this scene out as the audience reaction was very vulgar!! Meena Kumari and Rehman were brought back the next day after its first release to reshoot the last scene as well as the scene before it where Chhote Babu's condition is shown.....
humble_rafi
can u plz shed light on TARUN and ARUN plz.

in post#35 RAFI SAHAB can be seen on the right

thanx for all rare pics
bchatterjee
QUOTE(humble_rafi @ May 22 2005, 11:26 AM)
can u plz shed light on TARUN and ARUN plz.

in post#35 RAFI SAHAB can be seen on the right

thanx for all rare pics

Tarun, the eldest son of Guru and Geeta Dutt, committed suicide in 198[7/8/9]...(I forgot the date). It was reported that the night before his suicide he was looking over and over again through the family albums containing his parent's photographs. Tarun also wrote in an article in 1980s that he believed that Guru Dutt was murdered and names of influential people in bombay's film industry were involved (I doubt that!!). In that same article he wrote that Geeta had to sell tolas of gold jewellery to pay for Guru dutt Film Pvt. Ltd. debts. Equipments were missing and some people were suspected to come at night and remove them. He remembers that geeta had to perform stage shows to support them financially. He also blames his grandmother, Vasanthi Padukone for the break up of his parent's marriage....
Tarun had directed and produced a couple of movies like his brother Arun.

arun is happily settled with his wife Kavita in Bombay. i read somewhere that he is flying to los Angeles this summer for a Guru Film Classics Festival (Does anyone know about this?.....
(anyone any more info? Please add....)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ARUN
Chitralekha
That is an awesome collection of photos those too rare ones. Thanks a lot for sharing.
swatisatish
I had read a Filmfare article by Lalitha Lajmi that Geeta Dutt had been approached with an offer to act in a film but that she refused. Was this a Guru Dutt film?
mahesh
geeta dutt acted in a bengali film ''badhu baran'' in 1967.
the film was actress rakhi's first film and she played geeta dutt's daughter.

bappa da ,any more information about the film like-director,hero,music director,song etc.
are the songs of the film available?

regards,
mahesh
dinesh
QUOTE(bchatterjee @ May 22 2005, 05:09 AM)
Geeta Dutt & Kishore kumar (Born as Abhash Kumar Ganguly, converted to Islam before marrying Madhubala (Mumtaz Khan) as her father, Ataullah Khan would not give her daughter to a non-Muslim, and assumed the name Abdul Karim!!

I read on yahoogroup that this story of Kishore converting to islam is a rumor and not true. please confirm
this photo is of Guru Dutta and not kishoreda !!!
dinesh
lovelysamdave
Your very right friend.
I llike ur attitute.

Regards
Sam

QUOTE(bchatterjee @ May 22 2005, 03:58 AM)
I thought we could all have a separate section for the photographs of Geeta Dutt.....Rarely (at least I do not know of any) any Indian playback singer is considered beautiful. Geeta Dutt according to me was the only one!! (Her brother also agreed that indeed his 'Ranga di' was not only a talented singer but a truly gorgeous and a beautiful lady)!

Bappa

bchatterjee
QUOTE(dinesh @ May 22 2005, 08:56 PM)
Geeta Dutt & Kishore kumar (Born as Abhash Kumar Ganguly, converted to Islam before marrying Madhubala (Mumtaz Khan) as her father, Ataullah Khan would not give her daughter to a non-Muslim, and assumed the name Abdul Karim!!

I read on yahoogroup that this story of Kishore converting to islam is a rumor and not true. please confirm
dinesh

You are right....I had another photo with Kishore Kumar.....but can't find it now:(

But the conversion to islam is true as Kishore's parents were very upset at that and never accepted Madhubala as their daughter-in-law. They were also upset that their beloved first daughter-in-law Ruma Guhathakurtha (founder of Calcutta Youth Choir and neice of Satyajit Ray) was mistreated.
bchatterjee
Can anyone identify who is the lady in the photo. The man is Guru Dutt no doubt....
Thanks
Bappa
maheshks
QUOTE(dinesh @ May 22 2005, 07:56 PM)

dinesh

Who so ever has written in the yahoo group is misinformed. Not only kishor kumar but all gentlemen( abuse.gif) including Dharmender, Raj Babbar and others embraced Islam before committing second marriage. The reason being that a Hindu cannot marry twice so long as his first wife is alive and is normal. Bigamy is punishable under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 and the maximum punishment is 10 years. Therefore, to circumvent the law they all took the shield of Islamic personal laws.

But later on the Supreme Court of India came down very heavily on such marriages and directed the government to make use of Article 44 of the Indian constitution for framing Uniform Civil Code. This was the case of Sarla Mudgal v. Union of India. In this case, the question was whether a Hindu husband, married under the Hindu law, by embracing Islam, can solemnise second marriage The Court held that a Hindu marriage solemnised under the Hindu law can only be dissolved on any of the grounds specified under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. Conversion to Islam and Marrying again would not, by itself, dissolve the Hindu marriage under the Act. And, thus, a second marriage solemnised after converting to Islam would be an offence under Section 494 of the Indian Penal Code.

Hope this will clear the minds of all of us why they all embraced Islam before getting married second time. wave1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.