Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Conspiracy against Kumar Sanu in 2004

, How long will you tolerate it?

17 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Conspiracy against Kumar Sanu in 2004, How long will you tolerate it?
babhrubaahan
post Aug 24 2004, 11:28 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Dear friends,

Conspiracy against Kumar Sanu is nothing new. His songs were dubbed by Babla Mehta in Dil Hai Ke Maantaa Nahin (1991). His songs were dubbed by Udit Narayan in Raja Ko Rani Se Pyaar Ho Gaya (1995). His songs were dubbed by Sonu Nigam in Refugee (1999). His songs were omitted from films, like Shabke jage Hue(Tamanna), Dil To Kehta Hai(YZKS), Masoom Chehraa (Talaash) etc.

But the conspiracy has reached it peak in 2004. Just go through the following list of songs from films in 2004:

Rehna To Hai ----- Tum...A Dangerous Obsession
Aaju Mein Tum Khade The ---- Krishna Cottage
Dil Se Dilbar Dilbar Se Dildaar ---- Aan
Tera Hee Deewana Dil ---- Garv
Tere Chehre Se Nazar ---- Girlfriend
Tere Chehre ---- Kaun Hai Jo Sapnon Mein Aaya
Aaj Kaho Sanam Aapna ---- Fida

There are as many as seven songs in the above list. What is common among these songs? All these songs were sung by Kumar Sanu and all were deleted from films. Why? Could anybody give any reason? No! Because there is no reason except big conspiracy against Kumar Sanu. Why I say that it is conspiracy? Because there are other singers too but their songs are not omitted like this. Who is behind this conspiracy? Do you have any idea? Try to find out.

It is not true that Kumar Sanu is not a good singer anymore. His title song from the Tera Mera Pyaar Album has been liked by one and all. It has been downloaded 100s of times in Coolgoose. Then, why this conspiracy? Come on friends, do something. We should not allow such injustice!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
babhrubaahan
post Aug 24 2004, 11:46 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

Please Comment!!!!
+Quote Post
SAJJAD
post Aug 25 2004, 01:42 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

this is no new thing in hfm! every singer has faced this sort of poilitics in his/her life! Yes, he is good singer but he became too nasal in the latter part of his career. That could be the reason why he is sidelined! Honestly, i can't stand his songs which he are too nasal.

If you get in bed with government, you should expect to walk funny the next day!!!!!!!!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Aug 25 2004, 07:55 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

There is a huge difference between KS of Aashiqui and later ones. In Ashiqui songs were good and so was his singing. Later he became too nasal as Sajjad also puts it.

Times change... these days it is Sonu and Shaan. Tomorrow there will be somebody else. Listener's preferences change.

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post
iqbal
post Aug 25 2004, 06:01 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

I am not aware of any conspiracy against Sanu, however in an interview Sanu himself had said was taking a break from singing to fully recover from an operation.

Sanu, IMO is one of the best male singers around alongside Udit, Sonu, Shaan and Abhijeet.

During the early part of his career, he had sung in Kishore’s style but then gradually adopted his own manner of singing.

As you can see from the list below he is singing for all the major MD’s and back into full swing, so can’t see any conspiracy involved.

I am also of the opinion you can’t conspire against talent.

I have also read Sanu to be having a bit of an attitude, so MD’s may have been reluctant to utilise him.

Movie: EK SE BADHKAR EK(2004)
Music: Anand Raj Anand.
Lyrics: Majrooh Sultanpuri.

Movie: NAAM GUM JAAYEGA(2004)
Music: Anand Milind.
Lyrics: Sameer.

Movie: FIDA(2004)
Music: Anu Malik.

Movie: HOTA HAI PYAR(2004 - Non Film Music Album)
Audio: .

Movie: TERA MERA PYAR(2004 - Non Film Music Album)
Audio: Sony Music.
Movie: TAARZAN - THE WONDERCAR(2004)
Music: Himesh Reshammiya.

Movie: KAUN HAI JO SAPNO MEIN AAYA (2004)
Music: Nikhil Vinay.

Movie: GIRL FRIEND (2004)
Music: Dabboo Malik.
Lyrics: Praveen Bhradwaj.

Movie: GARV (2004)
Music: Sajid Wajid.
Lyrics: Various.

Movie: AAN (2004)

Movie: CHARAS (2004)
Music: Raju Singh.
Lyrics: Javed Akhtar.

Movie: KRISHNA COTTAGE (2004)

Movie: CHAAND BUJH GAYA (2004)
Music: AR Shah.
Lyrics: Faaiz Anwer.

Movie: ZAMEER (2004)
Music: Nikhil Vinay.
Lyrics: -

Movie: RUN (2004)

Movie: SHEEN (2004)
Music: Nadeem Shravan.

Movie: YEH LAMHE JUDAAI KE (2004) Music: Nikhil Vinay
Lyrics: Yogesh, Chander

Movie: TUM? (2004)

Song: 'Nahin hota intizaar...'
Movie: KALYUG 5000(2004)
Music: Saurab Mukherjee.
Lyrics: Gul K. Acharya.

Movie: PLAN (2004)
Music: Anand Raj Anand.
Lyrics: Dev Kohli.

Movie: AETBAAR (2004)
Music: Rajesh Roshan.
Lyrics: Nasir Faraaz.

Movie: WRONG NUMBER (2003)
Music: Daboo Malik.
Lyrics: Praveen Bharadwaj.

Movie: KHEL (2003)
Music: Dudes Music Company.
Lyrics: Faaiz Anwer.

Movie: MARKET (2003)
Music: Altaf Raja.
Lyrics: Arun Bhairav.

Movie: FOOTPATH (2003)

Movie: HUNGAMA (2003)

Movie: QAYAMAT (2003)

Movie: ANDAAZ (2003)

Movie: ISHQ VISHK (2003)
+Quote Post
babhrubaahan
post Aug 26 2004, 02:29 AM
Post #6

Unregistered

Kumar Sanu becoming nasal is a silly reason for not using him in films. Those who say this, never listened to his songs carefully. I am saying this because in JIKNH (Kumar Sanu special), so many MDs praised Kumar Sanu...Shravan, Anu Malik, Jatin, Himmesh and all. They always like to use Kumar sanu. But big politics is going on in the industry. Thats why, he is not getting good songs. If there is no conspiracy, then why only his songs are deleted? Why not others' songs? Kumar Sanu may say that he is deliberately singing less in interviews but thats not true. He has to say this for diplomatic reasons. I have recently met Kumar Sanu on behalf of Kumar Sanu fans and tried to know his opinions. He said that he wants to sing more but he is not getting the opportunity. Then how do you explain this?

Once again. I would like to say that even after Kumar Sanu used became a bit nasal, he reigned in Bollywood upto 1998. All MDs liked him except ARR and musiclovers also liked to listen to him. There are some snobbish people who always complain about his nasalness. But the MDs, who, I suppose understand music better than the so called snobbish guys, always liked him. So, due to pressure from big political people, they are unable to use Kumar Sanu.
+Quote Post
mudit_mehta
post Aug 26 2004, 02:21 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 490

Hi Bab

No body is getting snobbish here at the very outset. This is a forum where everybody should have right to say his/her views freely. So, I would request you not using these words which can potentially hurt sentiments, if KS is getting nasal in recent renditions according to some of our friends then its fine, most you should say is I dn't think so, simple.

As far as conspiracy and stuff is concerned, I dn't know much what is going currently with KS. But, just to tell you that this is a pattern in our HFM, everybody is just bowing down before rising sun.

If I am not wrong KS was also a part of this some years ago, as one eg there was a movie called Imtihan (Sunny Deol,Saif), in that move there is a song 'Is tarah Aashiqui Ka asar chodh jaaongaa', which is having two versions by KS and Amit Kumar.
Just have a go at both of them simultaneously, all I can say is that it should be regarded as AK's best work. But, petty things came here as well on the first lot of release of its cassette by TIME Music, this song by AK was well part of it,
and then immediately they removed the AK song entirely, from the single cassette as well. !!!!

Are there any explainations to that .. anyone..

So, now that KS is facing the same malady we can't really complain.. There was a time when only and only KS was there in the scene and no other singer was getting even a trace of songs.... those were the days when small time singers used to cover for a song and KS used to come and give a final take..

With all respect to Kumar Sanu ji I just want to tell you that this is the order, whether we accept it or not, what max we can do is, we can listen to beautiful renditions by KS for 1942 and calm ourselves, they are just the best..

Have a nice day. !!

Mudit

Daulat aur Jawaani ee ik din kho jaati hai....
sach kehta hoon saaarii duniyaaa dushman ho jaaatii haii...
hoo oo.... umre bhar dost lekin saath chalte haii....
hmnn hmmn hmmnn.......
+Quote Post
babhrubaahan
post Aug 27 2004, 01:34 AM
Post #8

Unregistered

Dear Mudit,

I liked your post. Yes, conspiracy and politics is a part and parcel of HFM. Yes, Kumar Sanu also dubbed some songs, I agree. But that time, those part time singers new that their songs will be dubbed. But in case of KS, he is an established singer and this is reaaly unfortunate that his songs are dubbed or deleted. Yes, many people had to suffer because of politics but the suffering that Kumar Sanu had to go through is maximum. I have already given the description.

And Kumar Sanu is not only famous for his 1942 songs, I can give at least 20 KS-dominated films which have great songs of Sanu.

Best wishes.
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Aug 27 2004, 08:09 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

I lubb KS' jab koi baat bigad jaaye.. jab koi muskil..

I always found that KS sung very well when it came to soft slow notes... high pitch was never his forte sad1.gif.. Does anyone remember how well he sang the Aashiqui songs??

N :}
+Quote Post
extenok
post Aug 27 2004, 08:26 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

Mudit has presented a good case. I also seem to lean towards that train of thought.
We can't really say that KS is the only singer who has been wronged in the HFM industry, its obviously not new. Also, KS has seen the time when Udit & Abhijeet weren't getting the same treatment as he was. He was the darling of the Nadeem Shravan team. Other MDs used him extensively for he guaranteed sale of their music, thanks to being the then 'current-craze'.

I'm sure you can list 20 or more KS dominated films which have hits of Sanu. Maybe I can too, being a one-time KS fan. But thats not the point. The point is that, that was his time, now isn't. If today is Sonu's time, more or less, why get jealous?

Some movies I can recall had good songs by KS.
Aashiqui
Saajan
Dil Ka Kya Kasoor
Deewana
Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayi

zindagi ne kar diya, jab bhi udaas
aa gaye ghabra ke hum, manzil ke paas
sar jhukaaya, sar jhuka kar ro diye
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Aug 27 2004, 08:41 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (extenok @ Aug 27 2004, 08:26 AM)
If today is Sonu's time, more or less, why get jealous?

No Imran! I dont even think it is Sonu's time.. we have so many singers.. that nowadays the songs are known for songs and not for who sang them....

Most of the jingle singers are now into singing playback.. name a few.. KK, Kunal Ganjawala, Kailash Kher..

N :|
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Aug 27 2004, 09:32 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

These days the competetion is worse. No singer can dictate terms any more. smile1.gif

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post
anurag
post Aug 27 2004, 02:56 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 550

I think most of the male singers these days are rubbish, (minus Sonu, of course! tongue.gif ). ok, Udit Narayan is very good too but Kumar Shanu's nasal regurgitations were always a matter of laughter, though I do like a lot of the songs that he sang. I think I like those songs because of the good melodic music in them (most from Nadeem Shravan's movies) - the ones extenok listed are prolly KS's best work.
I am sure those songs would have sounded just as good, if not better, had Udit Narayan or Sonu sung them. KS's time is over, he was the sole force to reckon with in late 80s and early 90s but playback singing market is crowded now for the good of us all music lovers.

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Aug 27 2004, 03:12 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (anurag @ Aug 27 2004, 02:56 PM)
I think most of the male singers these days are rubbish, (minus Sonu, of course! tongue.gif ).

Anuraag I dont agree with you here!!

N tongue.gif
+Quote Post
myawan
post Aug 28 2004, 07:55 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

Tough times come in the lives of people and believe me they pass, the thing needed is patience and hard work. If you are talented and hard working, no force can uproot you.

Secondly I am reading here lot about Sonu Nigham, but as far as I know Udit Narayan is the most widely used singer of this time, he is singing most of the songs. I think his voice is more appealing to masses than Sonu's.

==============================

For me, listening to Mohammad Rafi is an addiction!
+Quote Post

17 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 07:51 PM