Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Conspiracy against Kumar Sanu in 2004
Hamara Forums > Music > Singers > Kumar Sanu
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
babhrubaahan
Dear friends,

Conspiracy against Kumar Sanu is nothing new. His songs were dubbed by Babla Mehta in Dil Hai Ke Maantaa Nahin (1991). His songs were dubbed by Udit Narayan in Raja Ko Rani Se Pyaar Ho Gaya (1995). His songs were dubbed by Sonu Nigam in Refugee (1999). His songs were omitted from films, like Shabke jage Hue(Tamanna), Dil To Kehta Hai(YZKS), Masoom Chehraa (Talaash) etc.

But the conspiracy has reached it peak in 2004. Just go through the following list of songs from films in 2004:

Rehna To Hai ----- Tum...A Dangerous Obsession
Aaju Mein Tum Khade The ---- Krishna Cottage
Dil Se Dilbar Dilbar Se Dildaar ---- Aan
Tera Hee Deewana Dil ---- Garv
Tere Chehre Se Nazar ---- Girlfriend
Tere Chehre ---- Kaun Hai Jo Sapnon Mein Aaya
Aaj Kaho Sanam Aapna ---- Fida

There are as many as seven songs in the above list. What is common among these songs? All these songs were sung by Kumar Sanu and all were deleted from films. Why? Could anybody give any reason? No! Because there is no reason except big conspiracy against Kumar Sanu. Why I say that it is conspiracy? Because there are other singers too but their songs are not omitted like this. Who is behind this conspiracy? Do you have any idea? Try to find out.

It is not true that Kumar Sanu is not a good singer anymore. His title song from the Tera Mera Pyaar Album has been liked by one and all. It has been downloaded 100s of times in Coolgoose. Then, why this conspiracy? Come on friends, do something. We should not allow such injustice!

babhrubaahan
Please Comment!!!!
SAJJAD
this is no new thing in hfm! every singer has faced this sort of poilitics in his/her life! Yes, he is good singer but he became too nasal in the latter part of his career. That could be the reason why he is sidelined! Honestly, i can't stand his songs which he are too nasal.
Pradeep
There is a huge difference between KS of Aashiqui and later ones. In Ashiqui songs were good and so was his singing. Later he became too nasal as Sajjad also puts it.

Times change... these days it is Sonu and Shaan. Tomorrow there will be somebody else. Listener's preferences change.
iqbal
I am not aware of any conspiracy against Sanu, however in an interview Sanu himself had said was taking a break from singing to fully recover from an operation.

Sanu, IMO is one of the best male singers around alongside Udit, Sonu, Shaan and Abhijeet.

During the early part of his career, he had sung in Kishore’s style but then gradually adopted his own manner of singing.

As you can see from the list below he is singing for all the major MD’s and back into full swing, so can’t see any conspiracy involved.

I am also of the opinion you can’t conspire against talent.

I have also read Sanu to be having a bit of an attitude, so MD’s may have been reluctant to utilise him.

Movie: EK SE BADHKAR EK(2004)
Music: Anand Raj Anand.
Lyrics: Majrooh Sultanpuri.

Movie: NAAM GUM JAAYEGA(2004)
Music: Anand Milind.
Lyrics: Sameer.

Movie: FIDA(2004)
Music: Anu Malik.

Movie: HOTA HAI PYAR(2004 - Non Film Music Album)
Audio: .

Movie: TERA MERA PYAR(2004 - Non Film Music Album)
Audio: Sony Music.
Movie: TAARZAN - THE WONDERCAR(2004)
Music: Himesh Reshammiya.

Movie: KAUN HAI JO SAPNO MEIN AAYA (2004)
Music: Nikhil Vinay.

Movie: GIRL FRIEND (2004)
Music: Dabboo Malik.
Lyrics: Praveen Bhradwaj.

Movie: GARV (2004)
Music: Sajid Wajid.
Lyrics: Various.

Movie: AAN (2004)

Movie: CHARAS (2004)
Music: Raju Singh.
Lyrics: Javed Akhtar.

Movie: KRISHNA COTTAGE (2004)

Movie: CHAAND BUJH GAYA (2004)
Music: AR Shah.
Lyrics: Faaiz Anwer.

Movie: ZAMEER (2004)
Music: Nikhil Vinay.
Lyrics: -

Movie: RUN (2004)

Movie: SHEEN (2004)
Music: Nadeem Shravan.

Movie: YEH LAMHE JUDAAI KE (2004) Music: Nikhil Vinay
Lyrics: Yogesh, Chander

Movie: TUM? (2004)

Song: 'Nahin hota intizaar...'
Movie: KALYUG 5000(2004)
Music: Saurab Mukherjee.
Lyrics: Gul K. Acharya.

Movie: PLAN (2004)
Music: Anand Raj Anand.
Lyrics: Dev Kohli.

Movie: AETBAAR (2004)
Music: Rajesh Roshan.
Lyrics: Nasir Faraaz.

Movie: WRONG NUMBER (2003)
Music: Daboo Malik.
Lyrics: Praveen Bharadwaj.

Movie: KHEL (2003)
Music: Dudes Music Company.
Lyrics: Faaiz Anwer.

Movie: MARKET (2003)
Music: Altaf Raja.
Lyrics: Arun Bhairav.

Movie: FOOTPATH (2003)

Movie: HUNGAMA (2003)

Movie: QAYAMAT (2003)

Movie: ANDAAZ (2003)

Movie: ISHQ VISHK (2003)
babhrubaahan
Kumar Sanu becoming nasal is a silly reason for not using him in films. Those who say this, never listened to his songs carefully. I am saying this because in JIKNH (Kumar Sanu special), so many MDs praised Kumar Sanu...Shravan, Anu Malik, Jatin, Himmesh and all. They always like to use Kumar sanu. But big politics is going on in the industry. Thats why, he is not getting good songs. If there is no conspiracy, then why only his songs are deleted? Why not others' songs? Kumar Sanu may say that he is deliberately singing less in interviews but thats not true. He has to say this for diplomatic reasons. I have recently met Kumar Sanu on behalf of Kumar Sanu fans and tried to know his opinions. He said that he wants to sing more but he is not getting the opportunity. Then how do you explain this?

Once again. I would like to say that even after Kumar Sanu used became a bit nasal, he reigned in Bollywood upto 1998. All MDs liked him except ARR and musiclovers also liked to listen to him. There are some snobbish people who always complain about his nasalness. But the MDs, who, I suppose understand music better than the so called snobbish guys, always liked him. So, due to pressure from big political people, they are unable to use Kumar Sanu.
mudit_mehta
Hi Bab

No body is getting snobbish here at the very outset. This is a forum where everybody should have right to say his/her views freely. So, I would request you not using these words which can potentially hurt sentiments, if KS is getting nasal in recent renditions according to some of our friends then its fine, most you should say is I dn't think so, simple.

As far as conspiracy and stuff is concerned, I dn't know much what is going currently with KS. But, just to tell you that this is a pattern in our HFM, everybody is just bowing down before rising sun.

If I am not wrong KS was also a part of this some years ago, as one eg there was a movie called Imtihan (Sunny Deol,Saif), in that move there is a song 'Is tarah Aashiqui Ka asar chodh jaaongaa', which is having two versions by KS and Amit Kumar.
Just have a go at both of them simultaneously, all I can say is that it should be regarded as AK's best work. But, petty things came here as well on the first lot of release of its cassette by TIME Music, this song by AK was well part of it,
and then immediately they removed the AK song entirely, from the single cassette as well. !!!!

Are there any explainations to that .. anyone..

So, now that KS is facing the same malady we can't really complain.. There was a time when only and only KS was there in the scene and no other singer was getting even a trace of songs.... those were the days when small time singers used to cover for a song and KS used to come and give a final take..

With all respect to Kumar Sanu ji I just want to tell you that this is the order, whether we accept it or not, what max we can do is, we can listen to beautiful renditions by KS for 1942 and calm ourselves, they are just the best..

Have a nice day. !!

Mudit
babhrubaahan
Dear Mudit,

I liked your post. Yes, conspiracy and politics is a part and parcel of HFM. Yes, Kumar Sanu also dubbed some songs, I agree. But that time, those part time singers new that their songs will be dubbed. But in case of KS, he is an established singer and this is reaaly unfortunate that his songs are dubbed or deleted. Yes, many people had to suffer because of politics but the suffering that Kumar Sanu had to go through is maximum. I have already given the description.

And Kumar Sanu is not only famous for his 1942 songs, I can give at least 20 KS-dominated films which have great songs of Sanu.

Best wishes.
Nimii
I lubb KS' jab koi baat bigad jaaye.. jab koi muskil..

I always found that KS sung very well when it came to soft slow notes... high pitch was never his forte sad1.gif.. Does anyone remember how well he sang the Aashiqui songs??

N :}
extenok

Mudit has presented a good case. I also seem to lean towards that train of thought.
We can't really say that KS is the only singer who has been wronged in the HFM industry, its obviously not new. Also, KS has seen the time when Udit & Abhijeet weren't getting the same treatment as he was. He was the darling of the Nadeem Shravan team. Other MDs used him extensively for he guaranteed sale of their music, thanks to being the then 'current-craze'.

I'm sure you can list 20 or more KS dominated films which have hits of Sanu. Maybe I can too, being a one-time KS fan. But thats not the point. The point is that, that was his time, now isn't. If today is Sonu's time, more or less, why get jealous?

Some movies I can recall had good songs by KS.
Aashiqui
Saajan
Dil Ka Kya Kasoor
Deewana
Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayi
Nimii
QUOTE (extenok @ Aug 27 2004, 08:26 AM)
If today is Sonu's time, more or less, why get jealous?

No Imran! I dont even think it is Sonu's time.. we have so many singers.. that nowadays the songs are known for songs and not for who sang them....

Most of the jingle singers are now into singing playback.. name a few.. KK, Kunal Ganjawala, Kailash Kher..

N :|
Pradeep
These days the competetion is worse. No singer can dictate terms any more. smile1.gif
anurag
I think most of the male singers these days are rubbish, (minus Sonu, of course! tongue.gif ). ok, Udit Narayan is very good too but Kumar Shanu's nasal regurgitations were always a matter of laughter, though I do like a lot of the songs that he sang. I think I like those songs because of the good melodic music in them (most from Nadeem Shravan's movies) - the ones extenok listed are prolly KS's best work.
I am sure those songs would have sounded just as good, if not better, had Udit Narayan or Sonu sung them. KS's time is over, he was the sole force to reckon with in late 80s and early 90s but playback singing market is crowded now for the good of us all music lovers.

Nimii
QUOTE (anurag @ Aug 27 2004, 02:56 PM)
I think most of the male singers these days are rubbish, (minus Sonu, of course! tongue.gif ).

Anuraag I dont agree with you here!!

N tongue.gif
myawan
Tough times come in the lives of people and believe me they pass, the thing needed is patience and hard work. If you are talented and hard working, no force can uproot you.

Secondly I am reading here lot about Sonu Nigham, but as far as I know Udit Narayan is the most widely used singer of this time, he is singing most of the songs. I think his voice is more appealing to masses than Sonu's.
Nimii
MYAWAN!! no no not any more like I told you, we have very many voices singing ...

N :|
anurag
QUOTE (Nimii @ Aug 27 2004, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (anurag @ Aug 27 2004, 02:56 PM)
I think most of the male singers these days are rubbish, (minus Sonu, of course!  tongue.gif ).

Anuraag I dont agree with you here!!

N tongue.gif

Nimii,

you don't agree with my use of "tongue-out" smiley? This one --> tongue.gif
coz I did n't see anything else worth disagreeing. wink2.gif

anurag
Nimii
I dont agree with you about most singers these days are rubbish (MINUS SONU)

N wink2.gif
extenok

Ok, so what Nimi means is that if Shaan is rubbish then so is Sonu.
Strange way of going about it, but it just needed some clarification.

If it is accepted that today's music scene is not favouring one artist and the songs are known for the songs they are and not for who sang them, then how do you explain that so many songs sung by Sonu are being classified as Sonu songs and are hits.

Satrangi Re (Dil Se)
Tera Jadoo Chal Giya (title song)
Khamoshiyaan Gungunaane Lagiin (1, 2 ka 4)
Accha Sila Diya Tu Ne (Bewafa Sanam)
Panchii Nadiiyan (Refugee)
Tanhai (Dil Chahta Hai)
Saathiyaa (title song)
Good Morning (Khushi)
Jaage Jaage (Mere Yaar ki Shaadi Hai)
Yeh Dil (Pardes)
Kuch Qasmein (Aankhein)
Sandese Aate Hain (Border)
Chalte Chalte (title song)
Gumshuda (Chalte Chalte)
Suraj Hua Maddham (KKKG)
Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein (title song)
Na Milo Kahin Pyar (Badal)
Yaar Mangiyasi (Kaante)
Kal Ho Na Ho (title song)
Ek Din Kahin (Aur Pyar Ho Gaya)
Hum Se Rahoge (Aur Pyar Ho Gaya)
Rabba Mere (Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai)
Tu Hawa Hai (Fiza)
Kismat Se Tum (Pukar)
Makhmali Badan (Road)
Zindagi Maut Na (Sarfarosh)
Tera Rang Balle Balle (Soldier)
Mera Rang De (Legend of Bhagat Singh)
Pehli Pehli Baar (Sangharsh)
Ab Mujhe Raat Din (Sangharsh)
Pyar Se Pyare Tum Ho Sanam (Deewangee)
Ishq Bina (Taal)
Javed Bhai So Re Le (Jaani Dushman)
Pyar Hone Laga Hai (Jaanasheen)
Allah Allah (Jeena Sirf Mere Liye)
Chalte Chalte (Kaash Aap Humaaray Hote)
Kaash Aap Humaaray Hote (title song)
Dil Dooba (Khakee)
Aslam Bhai (Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega)
Main Hoon Na (title song)
Tumse Mili Nazar (Mein Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahtii Hun)
Aasman (Mast)
Ruki Ruki (Mast)
Mela Dilon Ka (Mela)
Do Pyaar (Jungle)
Sab Kuch Bhula Diya (Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam)
Allah Kare Dil Na Lage (Andaaz)
Rabba Ishq Na Hove (Andaaz)
Ban Ke Tera Jogi (Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani)
Kambakth Ishq (Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya)
Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya (title song)
Waqt Ka Saaya (Filhaal)
Aate Jaate Jo Milta Hai (Har Dil Jo Pyar Karaiga)
Ye Unn Dinon Ki Baat Hae (Tumse Achha Kaun Hae)
What is Mobile Number (Haseena Maan Jayegi)
Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai (Hum Kisise Kam Nahin)
Dhalne Lagi Hai Raat (Inteha)

And all this I could sum up while not being a Sonu fan, imagine if Anurag started on this.
Same is true for a lot of Abhijeet & Udit Narayan songs. So, what I am implying here is that you can't say that today's songs are known for the songs they are and not for their singers. The singer factor is undoubtedly there.

Nimii
QUOTE (extenok @ Aug 28 2004, 08:14 PM)
Ok, so what Nimi means is that if Shaan is rubbish then so is Sonu.
Strange way of going about it, but it just needed some clarification.

If it is accepted that today's music scene is not favouring one artist and the songs are known for the songs they are and not for who sang them, then how do you explain that so many songs sung by Sonu are being classified as Sonu songs and are hits.

Satrangi Re (Dil Se)
Tera Jadoo Chal Giya (title song)
Khamoshiyaan Gungunaane Lagiin (1, 2 ka 4)
Accha Sila Diya Tu Ne (Bewafa Sanam)
Panchii Nadiiyan (Refugee)
Tanhai (Dil Chahta Hai)
Saathiyaa (title song)
Good Morning (Khushi)
Jaage Jaage (Mere Yaar ki Shaadi Hai)
Yeh Dil (Pardes)
Kuch Qasmein (Aankhein)
Sandese Aate Hain (Border)
Chalte Chalte (title song)
Gumshuda (Chalte Chalte)
Suraj Hua Maddham (KKKG)
Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein (title song)
Na Milo Kahin Pyar (Badal)
Yaar Mangiyasi (Kaante)
Kal Ho Na Ho (title song)
Ek Din Kahin (Aur Pyar Ho Gaya)
Hum Se Rahoge (Aur Pyar Ho Gaya)
Rabba Mere (Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai)
Tu Hawa Hai (Fiza)
Kismat Se Tum (Pukar)
Makhmali Badan (Road)
Zindagi Maut Na (Sarfarosh)
Tera Rang Balle Balle (Soldier)
Mera Rang De (Legend of Bhagat Singh)
Pehli Pehli Baar (Sangharsh)
Ab Mujhe Raat Din (Sangharsh)
Pyar Se Pyare Tum Ho Sanam (Deewangee)
Ishq Bina (Taal)
Javed Bhai So Re Le (Jaani Dushman)
Pyar Hone Laga Hai (Jaanasheen)
Allah Allah (Jeena Sirf Mere Liye)
Chalte Chalte (Kaash Aap Humaaray Hote)
Kaash Aap Humaaray Hote (title song)
Dil Dooba (Khakee)
Aslam Bhai (Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega)
Main Hoon Na (title song)
Tumse Mili Nazar (Mein Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahtii Hun)
Aasman (Mast)
Ruki Ruki (Mast)
Mela Dilon Ka (Mela)
Do Pyaar (Jungle)
Sab Kuch Bhula Diya (Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam)
Allah Kare Dil Na Lage (Andaaz)
Rabba Ishq Na Hove (Andaaz)
Ban Ke Tera Jogi (Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani)
Kambakth Ishq (Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya)
Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya (title song)
Waqt Ka Saaya (Filhaal)
Aate Jaate Jo Milta Hai (Har Dil Jo Pyar Karaiga)
Ye Unn Dinon Ki Baat Hae (Tumse Achha Kaun Hae)
What is Mobile Number (Haseena Maan Jayegi)
Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai (Hum Kisise Kam Nahin)
Dhalne Lagi Hai Raat (Inteha)

And all this I could sum up while not being a Sonu fan, imagine if Anurag started on this.
Same is true for a lot of Abhijeet & Udit Narayan songs. So, what I am implying here is that you can't say that today's songs are known for the songs they are and not for their singers. The singer factor is undoubtedly there.

hits for a period of time.. and then they are forgotten wink2.gif

N:P
extenok

hits for a period of time.. and then they are forgotten

Sorry if I fail to see the wisdom in your one-line argument, but I was expecting a little more.

Wouldn't you say that this is also true for a lot of other songs, even the oldies. No one can expect to remain immortal through his or her songs. How many Rafi songs are unheard of by the average listener. Isn't that close to being forgotten. How many cultures and civilizations have been destroyed since man's existence on this planet why should songs be considered any different.

Do you mean to tell me that there is a rule for a hit song to remain unforgotten for a period of time and only then can it be termed a hit song? Or, do you mean to say that there is no such thing as a hit song because everything will be eventually forgotten or cease to exist?
kurtcobain
it is absolutely true that there is a major conspiracy against kumar sanu

time and time again,
-kumar sanu's songs are not included in movies
-despite delivering hits with a banner, he is not included in their forthcoming ventures
-he is nominated for awards which are not given to him (while his female co-singers often win for the same song)

the main reason for all this is Mrs smita thakeray, yes, daughter-in -law of bal thakeray,

here are a few things she has done publicly
-buys every single cassete in which sonu nigam sings
-threatened kumar sanu to pay more money to his divorced wife(which he did)
-has been instrumental in sonu dubbing over kumar sanu in many songs(including panchi nadiya)

and few things she doesn't do so publicly:
-reccomends(pressurises), banners to use sonu( and not use sanu)
-arrange filmfare awards for sonu nigam
but she was explicit enough to be GUEST OF HONOUR in the last two filmfare awards

apart from the smita thakeray factor, the proximity of karan johar and sonu nigam also playes a major role.i hate to cause offence to sonu fans, but i feel that sonu is the kind of person who will make any sort of alliance to get to the top.

in my opinion, kumar sanu is still the only singer in mainstream music, who has the depth in his voice to bring REAL feelings into songs, he has the same quality that his mentor jagjit singh has(after all, it was jagjit singh who gave sanu his first ever song in 'aandhiyaan')

to me udit is great for fast peppy numbers, ,KK and shaan are good for breezy cool numbers and sonu gives life to school-time crush/infatuation songs, but if you are talking REAL DEPTH, then kumar sanu is second to none.

i'm sorry if i hurt anyones feelings
mudit_mehta
Nice reading your feelings curt, so good that no one offends any of the fellow members.

Enjoy this marvellous number by KS, its tops the list of my fav. from KS bag.... though I am not a KS fan but can vouch for this number..... it would have been too difficult for any singer to give justification to this beautiful composition by M.M Kreem..

Enjoy !!

cheers.. Mudit

Nimii
QUOTE(extenok @ Aug 29 2004, 05:15 PM)
hits for a period of time.. and then they are forgotten

Sorry if I fail to see the wisdom in your one-line argument, but I was expecting a little more.

Wouldn't you say that this is also true for a lot of other songs, even the oldies. No one can expect to remain immortal through his or her songs. How many Rafi songs are unheard of by the average listener. Isn't that close to being forgotten. How many cultures and civilizations have been destroyed since man's existence on this planet why should songs be considered any different.

Do you mean to tell me that there is a rule for a hit song to remain unforgotten for a period of time and only then can it be termed a hit song? Or, do you mean to say that there is no such thing as a hit song because everything will be eventually forgotten or cease to exist?

Imran,

I agree with you as regards both oldies and new ones to some extent.. but tell me 10 years from now how many of the songs of 80s and 90s will be remembered?? But take for eg some of the oldies of 50s and 60s - THEY ARE STILL FRESH IN OUR MEMORY. Ofc I dont blame the singers.. it is the music in general that has changed over the period of time.

<<Or, do you mean to say that there is no such thing as a hit song because everything will be eventually forgotten or cease to exist?>>

To some extent yes! Atleast to me hehehe smile1.gif Really I have forgotten so many of the songs of 90s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bahut zor se yaade ko tazaa karna padta hai sad1.gif

N smile1.gif

Nimii
QUOTE(kurtcobain @ Aug 30 2004, 04:30 AM)
it is absolutely true that there is a major conspiracy against kumar sanu

time and time again,
-kumar sanu's songs are not included in movies
-despite delivering hits with a banner, he is not included in their forthcoming ventures
-he is nominated for awards which are not given to him (while his female co-singers often win for the same song)

the main reason for all this is Mrs smita thakeray, yes, daughter-in -law of bal thakeray,

here are a few things she has done publicly
-buys every single cassete in which sonu nigam sings
-threatened kumar sanu to pay more money to his divorced wife(which he did)
-has been instrumental in sonu dubbing over kumar sanu in many songs(including panchi nadiya)

and few things she doesn't do so publicly:
-reccomends(pressurises), banners to use sonu( and not use sanu)
-arrange filmfare awards for sonu nigam
but she was explicit enough to be GUEST OF HONOUR in the last two filmfare awards

apart from the smita thakeray factor, the proximity of karan johar and sonu nigam also playes a major role.i hate to cause offence to sonu fans, but i feel that sonu is the kind of person who will make any sort of alliance to get to the top.

in my opinion, kumar sanu is still the only singer in mainstream music, who has the depth in his voice to bring REAL feelings into songs, he has the same quality that his mentor jagjit singh has(after all, it was jagjit singh who gave sanu his first ever song in 'aandhiyaan')

to me udit is great for fast peppy numbers, ,KK and shaan are good for breezy cool numbers and sonu gives life to school-time crush/infatuation songs, but if you are talking REAL DEPTH, then kumar sanu is second to none.

i'm sorry if i hurt anyones feelings

No No Kurt. You havent hurt anyone's feelings smile1.gif I am so glad you have brought forth so many things that we were not aware of. I really didnt know that Mrs.S T has so much role !!!!!!!!!! Arghhh !

That is real sad sad1.gif

N sad1.gif
suhana_safar
I dont think any present singer is ribbish. It would be unfair to compare them with some someone legendry as Rafisaab or Mukesh or Kishore Kumar.

However these singers have their own sets of skills and styles which many of us may not like as we expect them to sing like legends.

Also I agree that average listeners may not remember every song of Rafisaab however there are listeners like me who gover head over heels whenever they hear Rafisaab. Its not about the songs its about the voice.

Coming back to Kumar Sanu. He is not a bad singer just like others around but they all have limitations which is fair no one can be a Mohammed Rafi...a complete flawless versatile singer.

I believe all the present singers are good enough and so is Kumar Sanu and if he is really good no amount of politics and manupulations will hold him back.

Pradeep
QUOTE(Nimii @ Aug 30 2004, 06:21 AM)

No No Kurt. You havent hurt anyone's feelings smile1.gif I am so glad you have brought forth so many things that we were not aware of. I really didnt know that Mrs.S T has so much role !!!!!!!!!! Arghhh !

N sad1.gif

lol.. no wonder Feroze Khan sings so many Shayaris on her in Filmfare shows. Maska Chaska..a...
Nimii
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 30 2004, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE(Nimii @ Aug 30 2004, 06:21 AM)

N sad1.gif

lol.. no wonder Feroze Khan sings so many Shayaris on her in Filmfare shows. Maska Chaska..a...

Shux !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used always wonder what big role she has in film industry.. I was wondering why she and why not her husband. He does not seem to be involved in any of the bollywood news haina?

Oh god this is real sick sad1.gif

N sad1.gif
kurtcobain
I was wondering why she and why not her husband.

mrs thakerays husband is unfortunately no more,

Coming back to Kumar Sanu. He is not a bad singer just like others around but they all have limitations which is fair no one can be a Mohammed Rafi...a complete flawless versatile singer.

I agree with you as regards both oldies and new ones to some extent.. but tell me 10 years from now how many of the songs of 80s and 90s will be remembered?? But take for eg some of the oldies of 50s and 60s - THEY ARE STILL FRESH IN OUR MEMORY.

hmm, i am a avid rafi fan myself, actually i have sung rafi songs 7 times on stage, but i feel that it is unfair to compare singers of the past with todays singers. this is because we get exposed to every single song a new singer sings, including the rubbish ones, but how many of the 11,000 songs rafi sahab has sung have you heard, do you have the entire collection? i doubt it.
if comparisons are to be made, we should compare with evergreen songs of present singers, for example the song mudit bhai so generously offered, 'hum yahaan, tum yahaan', or even the other MM KREEM number, 'tum mile dil khile'
nadir
Sad but true !
Well, the reality is there in front of everyone. The stats are there to prove it. And the reality is that :
1) Love him or hate him, Kumar Sanu is already a great singer. His records, his awards, his achievements are there to prove it easily. One dont need to prove it anymore really.
2) Yes some politics going on these days against this great singer. Just see how many songs which have been dubbed by another singer, and also the number of songs which are not included in films these days. "Fida" is just the perfect exemple. Tips produced "Ishk Vishk" as Shahid's debut film which had many great Kumar Sanu songs. The film was a huge hit. Tips came again with Shahid but this time only one song from Kumar Sanu and that too was not included in the movie even though all reviews of the song were excellent. (No wonder the film is not faring well too).

Kumar Sanu will remain in our hearts forever. It is just sad that this legend singer is not getting his due in Bollywood. They are
forgetting the singer who dominated the whole decade of 90s.
Everyone knows too how other singers become "too sweet" in front of MD's to have a song or even get the support of Politicians,....
No doubt that Sonu, Udit, ...are good singers. They are famous because of their singing. But I just think that the industry's attitute should have been fair with Kumar Sanu...

Sad but true..

NADIR
sachinbadiani
Kumar Sanu needs to start selling himself a bit more and stick up for himself if such a conspiracy is happening.

If he does, I believe he can regain his former lead.

Kumar Sanu has a huge fan-base outside of the internet. If we want him to get more songs, we have to pray that he does something himself about getting songs (and having them shown in films).

Humko Tumse Pyar Hai has two songs of Kumar Sanu already shown in the trailors (singing for both Arjun Rampal and Bobby Deol). I doubt these will be cut from the film (they look and seem integral to the film).

There should be more to come though over the coming year. Touch wood.
princeali
Love him or hate him, Kumar Sanu is already a great singer. His records, his awards, his achievements are there to prove it easily. One dont need to prove it anymore really.

Records, achievements and awards do not necessarily mean Kumar Sanu is a great singer. For example, Madan Mohan did not achieve any great records, nor did he win alot of popular awards but he is still considered one of the best music directors of all time. In fact I would go on and rate him as one of the top three music directors ever. Naushad paid him the ultimate tribute when he said that he would trade in his whole repetoire of music just for one MM tune to be classified as his tune, and this is coming from a MD that is considered to be the "badshah" of indian classical music. Many other greats regard MM as a great MD and the way he used Rafi saab and Lata ji's voice is only matched by few.

To say Kumar Sanu is a great singer because of what he has achieved or how many awards he has won is not enough in my opinion to term him as a great singer. Kishore da won more awards than Rafi saab, but that does not make KK better than Rafi. If you say politics is involved now, I say that it has been there all along. Either there was lack of competition or in some sort of way Kumar Sanu was made to win five awards in a row. I think maybe two of those songs are award worthy, them being "Ek ladki ko dekha" and maybe the song he won from Aashiqui, other than that I think there were other better songs in the years he won the awards in. Kumar Sanu is said to have recorded 28 songs in one day. This can be done easily with all the technology available today. If you talk to a music director of the past, they will tell you that it is impossible to record more than 10 songs in one day with all the live musicians and music. Rafi saab memorized and recorded about 6 songs for LP in one day which was an achievement back then so to record 28 today is nothing great. SPB even recorde about 25 in one day or something of that sort.

In order to judge a playback singer's talent, you have to go into such factors such as voice quality, range, modulation etc. to see the real genius of a singer. I don't know about anyone here, but KS's voice does not appeal to me, in fact it irritates me alot of times because of the nasal baritone it has. If in any way he could avoid being nasal then more of his songs would be better. Moreover, because of this aspect of his voice, alot of songs that could have been better are spoiled. I can't stand to listen to the songs in which his nasal baritone takes over (and it is present in alot of his songs). In his earlier days, KS was not as nasal as he is now and I wish he had maintained that in his voice. Pre-94 his voice sounds better than it does nowadays.

Let me make a point here that the technology these days helps out singers alot. I have heard KS songs in which the echo effect has stretched his voice out alot to stop the nasal parts from being clear and this infact has enhnaced a good number of his songs. I have had the privelage of hearing a good number of singers live including KS and his voice is not the same as it is in the recording studio. In fact on one show he tried to sing Rafi saab's "Hui shyaam unka" and he spoiled the song alot because he did not have the capability to sing this song. You can say Rafi saab's songs are hard to sing and yes they are but atleast Sonu Nigam did a pretty decent job in attempting them as compared to others who murder the original. This is ofcourse my personal opinion as for others, his voice may appeal to them alot. Also, in one of Lata ji's concerts, her nephew sung KS's "Tu mile dil khile" and I feel he did a better job than KS did in the original because he emoted the song better through his voice and reached the higher notes better than KS did in the original. KS i feel struggles when he reached high notes and songs with high notes should not be given to him. Songs should be made to suit a singer's range.

Udit Narayan's voice I feel is mostly helped by technology as well because on stage his voice does not come out that much. His voice is not bad though and he is better than some of the other singers today. Udit's voice does not suit all types of songs. Abhijeet has a good voice but also not one that can suit all types of songs though he should be receiving more songs than he does today. Shaan, KK and others have voices that are good for particular songs as well. The only singer who sounds the same on stage and in the studio is Sonu Nigam and he IMO is a talent to nurture and is far ahead of the current lot of playback singers. KS, Udit, Abhijeet, Shaan etc. dont have the same range as SN, and in terms of voice quality, Sonu is far ahead of the rest. SN is still not getting his due and I don't know why when he is the most talented singer around. Maybe it is the fact that he has modelled himself on Rafi saab and the industry pundits who don't like Rafi saab make it a point to keep Sonu down. Or maybe other industry "wallahs" don't like the fact that he is more talented than their fav. singers so they make it a point to keep him down. These are all open facts and even Sonu mentioned that Rafi saab was a taboo subject in today's recording studio's. Well in the end it's the industry's loss and not Sonu's. Lastly, when it comes to modulation, I feel no singer today can suit alot of the actors including KS. This has only been done by Rafi and Rafi only. (ofcourse a talent like Rafi comes once in a lifetime).
Ofcourse alot more is there to judge a singer's talent but one thing that cannot be judged is the way a singer's voice makes u feel. If KS who doesn't have the greatest range makes someone feel happy then to them he is the greatest singer, if Sonu makes a person happy then to them he may be the greatest singer. These are all subjective opinions, as is my post, but I am trying to discuss KS based on technical aspects as well IMO.

Moving on to the topic of dubbing of songs, I dont think Kumar Sanu could have done justice anyways to the songs of Refugee. Sonu had the range to match Alka in the Refugee songs and KS would not have sounded that great in high notes, because his voice is not made to suit those notes. Refugee had alot of raag-based tunes and this is not KS's specialty so I don't think the theme would have suited him anyways. Other songs that other singers have dubbed for KS, I feel is not fair because I go by the view that if a song is originally given to a singer and then recorded by someone else, it is a great dis-respect to a singer and should not be done in the first place. I don't know about the other songs that have been dubbed for KS, maybe as mentioned by others due to politics and other factors, but I still maintain there are other singers more talented than KS in the industry today.

In my opinion, I don't know how music directors used KS all those years when I feel there were other more talented singers around who did not get their due like Mohd. Aziz, Udit (who is finally being used alot now), Abhijeet etc.. You can say N-S ruled alot of the 90's and they were getting all the big banners, and since their pet singer was KS, he automatically was getting promoted. These days with so much more competition around and many more MD's making waves, you do not see KS around as much as he was before. Maybe MD's have realized that there are better singers out there who have a better range and better skills that suit more songs and more actors. I don't feel KS has any extra-ordinary qualities to be termed a great or a very good singer. You can say he is a good singer in some of the songs he sang. Mind you, I do not have anything against KS, just the fact that I do not term him a great singer. I do like some of his good songs and ones which I feel he is suited to sing. I feel he should sing songs that are made to suit his range and his voice, and not all types of songs. I think politics had a good part to play in the years when he was singing alot and not just his singing skills alone just as politics is being used today to keep Sonu down. I am not saying KS should be ignored. After all a singer who has been serving the industry all these years should not just be shunned away. He should be used in specific songs that suit his range, and in songs that MD's feel he can do justice to.

I wrote all this as my opinion based on my listening experience and I did not mean to offend anyone or any KS fans. Everyone has a right to express their views and everyone has their own tastes and likes/dislikes. So please do not take my post in a bad way, and please respond to it if you agree or disagree with what I have written. After all, these discussions are a good way to get everyone's views and opinions across.

Regards bye.gif

Ali
Kumari
It is very frustrating for both Kumar Sanu and his fans that his songs were deleted from films. cry.gif Of course it is not true that he is not a good singer or he is not popular anymore. Otherwise how his concerts are still so successful? It proves that people still like his songs. He sings so less these days and whatever he sings are also not in the films. There can’t be any reasonable explanation of this injustice. Some dirty politics are going on. abuse.gif
kurtcobain
DEAR ALI,
i am not quoting any parts of your letter as i disagree with every word. rafi is my second favorite singer,some of my favorite songs of rafi are
-tujhko pukare mera pyaar
-yeh duniya yeh mehfil
-hum bekhudi mein tum
-aane se uske
-mujhe ishk hai tujhi se
-tu is tarah se
-tu hi woh haseen hai
-likhe jo khat
-mere dost kissa
-chaudvin ka chand ho
and the list goes on and on
i'll tell you what, i am even sending you a audio recording of the song 'tujhko pukare mera pyaar', in the voices of me and my wife.

but all said and done, kumar sanu is still my favorite singer, yes he does have a nasal tone to his voice, but i feel that the depth in his voice and his expression are second to none.

i think it is a compliment to compare sanu with rafi, but to compare sanu with sonu nigam is an absolute insult.
extenok
Shehzada sahib, very long and thorough reply!
I would love to reply to this. And that too in detail.
Some excellent developments.
I see some members just coming out of hiding to reply to this. thumbs-up.gif
Good show of support guys.
SAJJAD
"How long will you tolerate it?"

I can tolerate it as long as it takes ph34r.gif Seriously, like Talat/Mukesh, he too went into acting which caused him his singing job! IMO, he was a "decent" KK clone until he developed his own style! Some of his songs are far better then any current singers! I would pick him over any other current singers (exception to Udit). I think, after winning few filmfare awards(Straight), his ego got 2 big and he started comparing himself to great KK! We all know, he is no match to KK or any singers from the golden era!

Nimii
I found/find KS better than any of his contemporary singers with whom he had started his career. Klone or no klone ! esp MA/SK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N smile1.gif
suhana_safar
[quote=kurtcobain,Aug 31 2004, 02:42 PM]

i feel that the depth in his voice and his expression are second to none.

Sad and tragic you feel like that. All the best..
kurtcobain
Sad and tragic you feel like that

well, if you don't agree with my views, i dont find it tragic at all, although your negative and irritating insertions in this thread are quite sad indeed
SAJJAD
QUOTE(kurtcobain @ Sep 2 2004, 06:40 PM)
Sad and tragic you feel like that

well, if you don't agree with my views, i dont find it tragic at all, although your negative and irritating insertions in this thread are quite sad indeed

I don't find Suhana's views negative/irritating! Everybody has a right to express their views! Lets NOT get personal on these discussions - PLZ
unni
SAJJAD-BHAI:

I second what you wrote: "Let's NOT get personal on these discussions".

SS-ji:

Again, as Sajjad-bhai said: "Everybody has a right to express their views".

"kurtcobain" is a fan of a particular singer. If you don't mind my saying so, let's respect that, and recognize that our likes/dislikes/opinions may not be the same.

Kurt-sahab:

Welcome to the forum.

(Kumsemum ab tho sab shaant ho jaao!). smile1.gif

Cheers to all three of you!
SAJJAD
Admin Ho Tho Aisa bow.gif So Admin Bhai - ""How long will you tolerate it?"" sunglasses2.gif ph34r.gif
kurtcobain
thank you unni sahab,
for the time being i am enjoying it here on this forum
i just hope that KS fans are welcome here blab.gif

QUOTE(unni @ Sep 2 2004, 02:26 PM)
SAJJAD-BHAI:

I second what you wrote: "Let's NOT get personal on these discussions".

SS-ji:

Again, as Sajjad-bhai said: "Everybody has a right to express their views".

"kurtcobain" is a fan of a particular singer. If you don't mind my saying so, let's  respect that, and recognize that our likes/dislikes/opinions may not be the same.

Kurt-sahab:

Welcome to the forum.

(Kumsemum ab tho sab shaant ho jaao!). smile1.gif

Cheers to all three of you!

kurtcobain
DEAR ALL,
i am sharing a KS song with all of you, this is especially dedicated to those who have doubts regarding the depth of emotion in sanu da's voice.

i would like your positive comments on the song please, if your comments are negative, just say 'no comments' .

song is
-'kis mausam mein'
music director is the great man who gave sanu da his first ever song
-jagjit singh
SAJJAD
No Comments rollf.gif Seriously, i love this song! I'm JUST pulling ur leg! Thanks for sharing with us! Thank GOD, Jagjit is NOT singing this beautiful song!!! Come to think of it, Sanu is/was better then Sonu, Abhijeet and others (i don't know their names:-) See - I like/love these types of Sanu songs - No nasal stuff! Now, i can't tolerate this(conspiracy) anymore abuse.gif ....What should we do?
unni
kc-bhai:

We are a small internet community of music lovers. But, as you can see, the forum caters to interests that go beyond this. Even if someone does not care about music, that person still stands to benefit by participating. The discussions of information technology are very informative and educational. Members express their own creativity with poems/shayari. You would note, the forum is not restricted to just serious stuff: Members post anecdotes, share jokes, upload/view pictures, etc.

So, please! No more of "for the time being". It is heartening to note that you are "enjoying it here on this forum". Do stay on and participate and contribute and share.

Fans of various artistes, of different forms of music, congregate here. In fact, we all stand to gain with additional input and variety of perceptions.

Sure, we will not always agree. But if we all sat around and just nodded our heads, this would be one hell of a boring place! laugh.gif

Cheers!
unni
QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Sep 2 2004, 11:23 AM)
Admin Ho Tho Aisa bow.gif So Admin Bhai - ""How long will you tolerate it?"" sunglasses2.gif  ph34r.gif

Sajjad-bhai:

"Toleration" ka sawaal hi nahin paida hota. Magar "co-operation" ka zuroor hota hai.

I am actually concerned whether my hand will be tied by this "Admin" tag. As you probably remember, even as a Regular Member, I would manipulate my friends in the forum by thrusting upon them my seniority by age, so that discussions don't become personal and bitter. I believe, I can take some liberties with you and SS-bhai, because we've exchanged opionions and observed each other, know each other better. But a newer member will need our support and encouragement and not feel unwelcome. "Knowing" you, I am sure you'll agree.
SAJJAD
Unni Bhai/Saab, agreed 100%! Sanu fans, please more uploads of Sanu~G's songs!!!! On this forum, we have NO conspiracy against Sanu or Sonu rolleyes.gif
kurtcobain
DEAR SAJJAD ,
i would like to present you with one more sanu song gift.gif

it has a more nasal tone but i am sure you will love this song too

DEAR UNNI,

thanks for making me comfortable on this forum, i am a avid music lover, apart from sanu, i also listen to a lot of
-rafi
-mukesh, and
-kishore kumar

i must admit though that i don't like to listen to any present singer apart from sanu( not even babul supriyo) ....can u imagine any new singer doing justice to this song?....goodness no!!!
SAJJAD
bow.gif Yes, this is also a good one! Kya ho raha hai mujko - i am becoming Sanu fan huh.gif Its ALL kurtcobain fault sunglasses2.gif Keep loading these sort of songs - i'm enjoying it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.