Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gautam Rajadhyaksha Passes Away .
Hamara Forums > Films > Bollywood
surhall

sangeet ka safar

Veteran photographer Gautam Rajadhyaksha passes away .
Tuesday, 13 September 2011 23:44 TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai ..

Veteran fashion photographer and celebrity portraitist Gautam Rajadhyaksha — whose breathtaking images infused boundless glamour to Bollywood divas and hunks alike and brought immense elegance and dignity to other towering personalities like JRD Tata and Bhimsen Joshi - is no more.

He died of a massive heart attack here on early Tuesday. In what came as a huge shock to his countless admirers in Bollywood and other fields of activities, Gautam — as he was known in his friend circles — passed away at Girgaum residence at 4 am, three days ahead of his 62nd birthday.

His funeral was held later in the evening at Chandanwadi Crematorium in south Mumbai. During his career as a glamour and portrait photographer for over three decades, Rajadhyaksha had taken visually stunning photographs of most of most prominent personalities of his time. Each one of his photographs — from that of a bewitching Nutan to actors and film personalities like Amitabh Bachchan, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosale, Shabana Azmi, Rekha, Madhuri Dixit to Aamar, Salman, Kajol, Aishwarya and Ranbir Kapoor in Bollywood and from JRD Tata to Dhirubhai Ambani, Bhimsen Joshi and Sachin Tendulkar - carried stamp of his superb work.

Mourning her cousin Rajadhyaksha’s death, celebrated columnist Shobhaa De tweeted: “My darling Gautam Rajadhyaksha (is) no more. (I am) saddened beyond belief. Farewell confidante-cousin. Thank for your generous love and soft focus memories”. De later put Rajadhyaksha’s career as a photographer and his personality in a perspective, when she commented on him: “Gautam’s soft-focus photography style was unique and his artistic personality was unmatched. It was a privilege for people to get photographed by him. He mentored several budding photographers. There will be only one Gautam”. In fact, it was De nee Rajadhyaksha and his classmate Shabhana Azmi who had nudged him into becoming a glamour photographer. Beginning his glamour photography career with De-edited magazine “Celebrity” in the early eighties, he went onto become the most celebrated portrait photographer of his time.

In his handsome tribute to Rajadhyaksha whom he had known for years on end, Bollywood superstar Amitabh bachchan tweeted: “Gautam Rajadhyaksha the most gentlest of humans, and one of the finest photographers in the Industry, a friend,family favorite ..RIP” “Too shocked to learn of Gautam ! Were talking about him just the other day. Many of his pictures adorn our house and our books .. Gautam ! You have left behind a legacy that shall keep you in our hearts forever .. pictures that you took shall be with us always !,” Amitabh added.

Describing Rajadhyaksha as an excellent photographer and good singers, legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar said, “He used to like opera and had a sound knowledge of classical ragas”. He in fact had best of western and Indian Classical music recording collections. Filmmaker Karan Johar tweeted: “Gautam rajadhyaksha was one my most favourite people in the fraternity...funny,sensitive and always positive..I love you gautam and I miss u…”

dhall
Sharmila-Sweet
AGAIN - BAD NEWS !!!!!! AND THIS IS OLD NEWS - HE PASSED AWAY LAST WEEK !!!
surhall
QUOTE(Sharmila-Sweet @ Sep 28 2011, 09:05 AM) *

name='Sharmila-Sweet' he was your a friend,family

dhall

Sharmila-Sweet
QUOTE(surhall @ Sep 29 2011, 02:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Sharmila-Sweet @ Sep 28 2011, 09:05 AM) *

name='Sharmila-Sweet' he was your a friend,family

dhall

STOP WRITING RUBBISH angry.gif
surhall

hi
same to you

i go my way
dhall
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.