Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Some Info. On
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Madan Mohan
Yadavagiri5
Dear Friends,

I read in some blog sometime back that Madan Mohan composed a nice tune "Koee Tumne Pyaar Kiyaa " for Anpadh(1962). But I have not been able to find any reference to this song anywhere else. Can anyone throw any light on this?
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(Yadavagiri5 @ Jul 6 2010, 01:25 PM) *

Dear Friends,

I read in some blog sometime back that Madan Mohan composed a nice tune "Koee Tumne Pyaar Kiyaa " for Anpadh(1962). But I have not been able to find any reference to this song anywhere else. Can anyone throw any light on this?

I don't know if the song was "Koi Tumne Pyar Kiya", but Madan Mohan website talks about a song that was replaced by "Aap Ki Naron Ne Samjha". I quote from the site:

"Director Mohan Kumar shared the information of how 'Aapki nazron ne samjha' came to be recorded. Apparently a song had been rehearsed and ready to record, with all musicians in place and Lataji in studio. Just then Raja Mehdi Ali Khan, the lyricist of the song, arrived and casually mentioned that he had just written a new song and read out the lyrics to Mohan Kumar, who exclaimed that these lyrics were even more suited to the situation than the one about to be recorded. When Madanji heard this, he took up the challenge, and went into another room with the poet, and in a few minutes a new tune of a new ghazal was ready... and Lataji sang 'Aaapki nazron ne samjha' instead of the originally rehearsed song. The tune, the music arrangements were all done on the spot, in no time."

Aditya
Yadavagiri5
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Jul 6 2010, 01:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Yadavagiri5 @ Jul 6 2010, 01:25 PM) *

Dear Friends,

I don't know if the song was "Koi Tumne Pyar Kiya", but Madan Mohan website talks about a song that was replaced by "Aap Ki Naron Ne Samjha". I quote from the site:

"Director Mohan Kumar shared the information of how 'Aapki nazron ne samjha' came to be recorded. Apparently a song had been rehearsed and ready to record, with all musicians in place and Lataji in studio. Just then Raja Mehdi Ali Khan, the lyricist of the song, arrived and casually mentioned that he had just written a new song and read out the lyrics to Mohan Kumar, who exclaimed that these lyrics were even more suited to the situation than the one about to be recorded. When Madanji heard this, he took up the challenge, and went into another room with the poet, and in a few minutes a new tune of a new ghazal was ready... and Lataji sang 'Aaapki nazron ne samjha' instead of the originally rehearsed song. The tune, the music arrangements were all done on the spot, in no time."

Aditya

Dear Aditya Pant,

Thank you for the information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.