Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mohammad Rafi And Mahendra Kapoor's Sons Come Together
Hamara Forums > Legends > Mohd Rafi
Sharmila-Sweet
Mohammad Rafi and Mahendra Kapoor's sons come together
05 May, 2010 11:03 am ISTlSONALI SHAH/TNN

Anyone who is a fan of legendary singers Mohammad Rafi and Mahendra Kapoor will know that the duo have sung only one song together in their entire career. They delighted audiences in 1986, in the film Aadmi , starring Dilip Kumar, Waheeda Rehman and Manoj Kumar, with Kaisi haseen aaj bahaaron ki raat hai .

Now their sons - Rohan Kapoor and Shahid Rafi - are collaborating to sing that very song together. The legendary Naushad Ali had composed music for Aadmi , Rohan and Shahid will be performing this special act at a concert to be held in Naushad’s memory today.

“Every year on May 5, a concert in Naushad Ali’s memory is held at Bandra. This year the organisers invited me to sing. Shahid was also present at the organisers’ meeting and we came up with the idea of singing together.
Kaisi haseen aaj bahaaron ki raat hai was a hugely popular song, and it was the obvious choice,” says Rohan.
aryanraj
thnx for the info, I was really not aware about this.

I will be more happy, if someone share this songs, by Rohan Kapoor & Shahid Rafi.
surhall

hi
very good and best
dhall
ashoktest
QUOTE(Sharmila-Sweet @ May 6 2010, 11:58 AM) *

Mohammad Rafi and Mahendra Kapoor's sons come together
05 May, 2010 11:03 am ISTlSONALI SHAH/TNN

Anyone who is a fan of legendary singers Mohammad Rafi and Mahendra Kapoor will know that the duo have sung only one song together in their entire career. They delighted audiences in 1986, in the film Aadmi , starring Dilip Kumar, Waheeda Rehman and Manoj Kumar, with Kaisi haseen aaj bahaaron ki raat hai .

Now their sons - Rohan Kapoor and Shahid Rafi - are collaborating to sing that very song together. The legendary Naushad Ali had composed music for Aadmi , Rohan and Shahid will be performing this special act at a concert to be held in Naushad’s memory today.

“Every year on May 5, a concert in Naushad Ali’s memory is held at Bandra. This year the organisers invited me to sing. Shahid was also present at the organisers’ meeting and we came up with the idea of singing together.
Kaisi haseen aaj bahaaron ki raat hai was a hugely popular song, and it was the obvious choice,” says Rohan.

Hello All,

I feel there may be one or two more songs in which Rafi Sahab sang with Mahendra Kapoor Sahab.
One such is the song from Kaala Pathar:

Dhoom Mache Dhoom, Aaj Ki Raina Bhor Hue Tak Jaage Jawaani

Probably picturized on Shashi Kapoor and Parikshit Sahni.....

Hope this is corrrect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.