Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nanhi Kali Sone Chali
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
smahesh
hello friends,
here is an interesting article on shaan,which mentions about bimal roy's recording of geetaji lullaby from sujata.here is the link-

http://beta.thehindu.com/arts/music/article408596.ece

and excerpt from the article
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just rewind to the black and white days on celluloid, you discover there were times when filmmaker Bimal

Roy made Geeta Dutt sing the lullaby Nanhi kali sone chali on night recording.

To make it feel real, he brought his five-year-old son to the studio and asked Dutt to sing it to him son with a condition, “If my son sleeps, then I would understand that you have sung it like a lullaby.”

And till today, this lullaby is one of the favourites with moms.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

regards,
mahesh
parag_sankla
Many thanks Mahesh for sharing this with all of us. I had heard earlier about the song being recorded in the night, but the second part is truly new information.

Warmest Regards
Parag
hildebrand
The second part is new to me also. Thanks mahesh ji for sharing it.
The case also shows the extent to which the artists were involved with their work.
simplefable
Mahesh bhai..that is lovely anecdote. shows how dedicated and committed the artists were in those days. That is why their works remain immortal. smile1.gif
Actually i have read that Bimal Da...not satisfied with the flora..grew up some plants in his backyard and picturised some closeup shots of the song " Suhana safar aur yeh mousam haseen.."... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.