amit khanaa

1. Tu hi mera sapna,.....Kishore.....4.76mb/5.12min

2. Sab kho diya...... Lata, Manna Dey......4.19mb/4.35min

3. Abcdefg.....-Usha Mangeshkar,Shailendra Singh.....4.10mb/4.29min

4. Piya rang tere - Lata, Manna Dey.....3.13mb/3.25min

5. Lagi re mehendi - Anwar, Deepmala....6.23mb/6.48min

6. Music .. 3.00mb/3.17min

Aditya Pant
Neeraj, can't thank you enough. I have been looking fo the Lata--Manna duets for a long time.

Aditya
sita
Thank you Neeraj. -Sita.
swarapriya
Thank you very much Neeraj for the songs of "Maqqar". Cheers. -S
King Kishore
Thank you, Neeraj. smile.gif
mmuk2004
Thanks Neeraj. Wow! Had not realized this album has two Lata-Mannadey duets. Must be amongst their last duets together. Offhand I cannot remember any other music director using them for a duet in the Eighties.
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Jul 29 2010, 11:41 AM) *

Thanks Neeraj. Wow! Had not realized this album has two Lata-Mannadey duets. Must be amongst their last duets together. Offhand I cannot remember any other music director using them for a duet in the Eighties.

This is really the last Manna-Lata duet. Also, the two songs posted above are 2 parts of the same song.

The other songs where Lata and Manna shared the microphone in the 80s were:

- Mohabbat Khuda Hai - Love & God - Though released in the 80s, cannot really be considered as an 80s film.
- Dulhan Banoongi - Wo Jo Haseena
- Aankhon Ka Salam Lo - Samrat (with Rafi)
- Kab Se Nazar Dhoondhe - Waqt Waqt Ki Baat
- Kranti Kranti - Kranti (along with a host of other male singers)

Aditya
mmuk2004
Thanks for the info, Aditya. The Lata_Mannadey combination did not really survive the seventies. I had thought only Salilda and LP used them in the seventies in romantic duets. Most mds used Mannadey's voice for "character" role purposes (RDB included). It is surprising that RR used them in two movies... could have something to do with the fact that he was Land P's assistant before he got his break.

But Ram Laxman... ohmy.gif ... I don't have that duet. Can someone upload it please?

Can you confirm that the only duet that SDB gave them was "Soch ke ye gagan jhoome?"

Madhavi

One more query...in the Love and God album... which song is it? ... In my haphazard collection, I just found the Rafi versions.
Babar Manzoor
QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Jul 29 2010, 10:05 PM) *

One more query...in the Love and God album... which song is it? ... In my haphazard collection, I just found the Rafi versions.

Madhavi
I have (Mohabbat Khuda Hai - Love & God) Lata & Mannadey Version.
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Jul 29 2010, 10:35 PM) *

Thanks for the info, Aditya. The Lata_Mannadey combination did not really survive the seventies. I had thought only Salilda and LP used them in the seventies in romantic duets. Most mds used Mannadey's voice for "character" role purposes (RDB included). It is surprising that RR used them in two movies... could have something to do with the fact that he was Land P's assistant before he got his break.

But Ram Laxman... ohmy.gif ... I don't have that duet. Can someone upload it please?

Can you confirm that the only duet that SDB gave them was "Soch ke ye gagan jhoome?"

Madhavi

There is one more Lata-Manna song by SDB - Jaoon Main Kahan in Miss India. It almost sounds like 2 songs - the Lata portion is slow while the Manna one if peppy. I don't know whether that technology existed at that time, but it seems to me that the two portions were recorded separately and then spliced and merged.

Aditya
mmuk2004
QUOTE(Babar Manzoor @ Jul 30 2010, 11:44 AM) *

Madhavi

Babar,

Thanks for the response. Yes please, could you upload it in the Naushad or Lata section.

Madhavi
mmuk2004
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Jul 31 2010, 12:30 AM) *

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Jul 29 2010, 10:35 PM) *

Madhavi

There is one more Lata-Manna song by SDB - Jaoon Main Kahan in Miss India. It almost sounds like 2 songs - the Lata portion is slow while the Manna one if peppy. I don't know whether that technology existed at that time, but it seems to me that the two portions were recorded separately and then spliced and merged.

Aditya

Thanks Aditya,

Just checked that song. Here is the vid if you are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qop8jefFih0

It is a situational song with the heroine singing alone by herself and the hero, drunk and singing and waltzing in a night-club.
Babar Manzoor
QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Jul 31 2010, 09:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Babar Manzoor @ Jul 30 2010, 11:44 AM) *

Madhavi

Babar,

Thanks for the response. Yes please, could you upload it in the Naushad or Lata section.

Madhavi

Music: Naushad
Love And God 1986 - Muhabbat Khuda Hai - Lata & Mannadey - 2.53 @ 128 kbps .mp3
Uploaded Here:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry669391
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.