Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Well-known Diamonds Of Rafi Saab
Hamara Forums > Legends > Mohd Rafi
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
venkat
Friends,

I had ever started collecting songs to my hard disc only after I became a member of HF! smile.gif

Largely through a parallel thread called, " Some Rare Diamonds Of Rafi Saab", I had collected here approximately 2000 rare songs of Rafi Saab, of which certainly 1500 would rate as 'good' and above.

I had always preferred to describe a rare Rafi song by explaining which songs do not fit into that category! Songs such as the following are not rare:

1. Chaudhvi Ka Chand Ho, 2. Yeh Duniya Ke Rakhwale, 3. Choo Lene Do Nazuk Hoton Ko, 4. Tarif Karoon Kya Us Ki, 5. Badan Pe Sitare Lapete Huve, 6. Teri Ankhon Ke Siva Duniya Mein, 7. Dil Ka Bhanwar Kare Pukaar, 8. Jaane Kya Dhoondti Rehti, 9. Dekh Hame Aawaz Na Dena, 10. Zindagi Bhar Nahin Bhoolenge Woh, 11. Tu Hindu Bane Ya Na Musalmaan, etc.

Three years back, when I started the process of collecting songs, I was not in any particular hurry nor anxiety to collect the well-known songs of Rafi Saab, though I do not have with me 90% of even those.

Today, I feel it is a good time to start concentrating on the Well-known Diamonds Of Rafi Saab!!

So, friends, let me start my quest with the following two songs:

1. "Manre Tu Kaahe Na Dheer Dhare"--Film:Chitralekha(1964)--MD:Roshan--Rafi Saab

2. "Dekho Rootha Na Karo, Baat Nazron Ki Suno"---Film:Tere Ghar Ke Saamne(1963)--MD:S.D.Burman--Rafi & Lata

Can someone kindly upload the above two songs in extended/film versions, if possible?

Thanks,

Venkat

PS. I promise to give my heart-felt comments on each of these upcoming well-known diamonds of Rafi Saab!! I also feel this could be a great thread for interactions with other Rafi experts/fans of this forum.
simplefable
Venkat.this is one more thread which is going to be inundated with lovely songs..for sure ! smile1.gif
I have this revival version ...would love to hear how you feel about it.

Man re tu kahena dheer dhare..
Chitralekha
Roshan
Rafi
mp3, 128 kbps, 3.08 min

Click to view attachment
venkat
Many sincere thanks, SF.

When I read the words 'revival version', like our long-lost Rafi fan, Sajdah Ji, I was quite apprehensive!
But, what you uploaded is quite like the original!

O.P. Nayyar, in a long interview with Kamal Sharma of Vividhbharati, had said that this song is his great favorite. He also said, at that time, that while Rafi Saab excels in high-scale songs too, he (OPN) personally prefers Rafi's low-scale songs such as this one.

One must observe the style and flourish with which the Maestro ends the second Antara, "Koyi Na Sannnnnnnnng Mare"! Indeed, it is the Rafi Adaayen that distinguish the great man from the rest!

So, that leaves the song no. 2 from Tere Ghar Ke Saamne in the above request to be uploaded. Anyone, please? Preferably, extended/film version!

Venkat
sanjeev71
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 2 2010, 09:24 PM) *

So, that leaves the song no. 2 from Tere Ghar Ke Saamne in the above request to be uploaded. Anyone, please? Preferably, extended/film version!

Venkat

Dear Venkatji, Here is the Lataji/Rafiji duet from Tere Ghar Ke Samne.
I believe that this is the complete / film version (not so sure since I am relatively new here)

Dekho Rutha Na Karo (128kpbs, 3.53 Min, 3.56MB)
rpnawani
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 2 2010, 03:37 PM) *

Friends,

I had ever started collecting songs to my hard disc only after I became a member of HF! smile.gif

Largely through a parallel thread called, " Some Rare Diamonds Of Rafi Saab", I had collected here approximately 2000 rare songs of Rafi Saab, of which certainly 1500 would rate as 'good' and above.

I had always preferred to describe a rare Rafi song by explaining which songs do not fit into that category! Songs such as the following are not rare:

1. Chaudhvi Ka Chand Ho, 2. Yeh Duniya Ke Rakhwale, 3. Choo Lene Do Nazuk Hoton Ko, 4. Tarif Karoon Kya Us Ki, 5. Badan Pe Sitare Lapete Huve, 6. Teri Ankhon Ke Siva Duniya Mein, 7. Dil Ka Bhanwar Kare Pukaar, 8. Jaane Kya Dhoondti Rehti, 9. Dekh Hame Aawaz Na Dena, 10. Zindagi Bhar Nahin Bhoolenge Woh, 11. Tu Hindu Bane Ya Na Musalmaan, etc.

Three years back, when I started the process of collecting songs, I was not in any particular hurry nor anxiety to collect the well-known songs of Rafi Saab, though I do not have with me 90% of even those.

Today, I feel it is a good time to start concentrating on the Well-known Diamonds Of Rafi Saab!!

1. "Manre Tu Kaahe Na Dheer Dhare"--Film:Chitralekha(1964)--MD:Roshan--Rafi Saab

2. "Dekho Rootha Na Karo, Baat Nazron Ki Suno"---Film:Tere Ghar Ke Saamne(1963)--MD:S.D.Burman--Rafi & Lata

Can someone kindly upload the above two songs in extended/film versions, if possible?

Thanks,

Venkat

PS. I promise to give my heart-felt comments on each of these upcoming well-known diamonds of Rafi Saab!! I also feel this could be a great thread for interactions with other Rafi experts/fans of this forum.

Venkat, I am uploading other song:

Dekho rutha na karo
Bitrate: 128 kbps
Duration: 3.46 min
Click to view attachment

rpnawani

venkat
QUOTE(rpnawani @ Jan 2 2010, 11:21 PM) *

QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 2 2010, 03:37 PM) *

Friends,

Thanks,

Venkat

Venkat, I am uploading other song:

Dekho rutha na karo
Duration: 3.46 min
Click to view attachment

rpnawani

Many sincere thanks to you, rpnawani. smile.gif

What a duet!

Discerning music-lovers would observe that the Antara (mid-stanza) tunes of Rafi are different from those of Lata! While Lata's are composed in a lower scale, Rafi's are in a higher scale!

When the Maestro sings the first Antara, "Chehra To Laal Hua, Kya Kya Haaallll Hua, Is Ada Par Teri Main To Bbamaal Hua!", one cannot help associating the voice with someone who is very very noble, charming and handsome, probably much more than even Dev Anand!!! wink.gif

Venkat

simplefable
Venkat..i hate the songs when they are revived with loud/flashy music... smile.gif If you notice, the song i have uploaded, the percussion sounds a little more depth than original.. very imperceptibly..
Suhani raat dhal chuki...the one i have is 3.30 min but as an added bonus, the song..Oh duniya ke rakhwale..is also appended ! you can cut out / separate them easily..i guess.
But the best part is they are 256 kbps...pristine quality. posting the link here..uploaded them on other site.. smile.gif

http://www.4shared.com/file/187134380/1cdd...Dhal_Chuki.html
simplefable
Seems you missed my post .. smile.gif
venkat
QUOTE(simplefable @ Jan 3 2010, 11:34 AM) *

Seems you missed my post .. smile.gif

No, SF. I did see your post. But, I would prefer the songs uploaded here and only to the extent requested, with no 'bonuses', etc.! Hope you would understand.
venkat
Friends,

Can someone kindly upload the following two songs?

1. "Suhaani Raat Dhal Chuki, Na Jaane Tum Kab Aaoge"---Film:Dulari (1949)--MD:Naushad--Rafi Saab

2. "Jawaniyan Yeh Mast Mast Bin Piye, Jalaati Chal Rahi Hai"---Film:Tum Sa Nahin Dekha (1957)--MD:O.P.Nayyar--Rafi Saab

Thanks in advance and special thanks for extended/film versions! smile.gif

Venkat
rpnawani
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 3 2010, 12:01 PM) *

Friends,

Can someone kindly upload the following two songs?

1. "Suhaani Raat Dhal Chuki, Na Jaane Tum Kab Aaoge"---Film:Dulari (1949)--MD:Naushad--Rafi Saab

2. "Jawaniyan Yeh Mast Mast Bin Piye, Jalaati Chal Rahi Hai"---Film:Tum Sa Nahin Dekha (1957)--MD:O.P.Nayyar--Rafi Saab

Thanks in advance and special thanks for extended/film versions! smile.gif

Venkat

Venkat, these songs are still available at the following link( Song Nos 278 and 284):

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...9847&st=135

rpnawani
venkat
Many sincere thanks, rpnawani. Congratulations on your excellent Rafi thread, "Immortal Voice"!

This "Jawaniyan Yeh Mast Mast" is such a mesmerising song that my son, even when he was just 5 years old, used to ask me to play it again and again!! On audio cassette, I mean! rolleyes.gif

Venkat
venkat
Friends,

Next come these two great songs.

1. " Pyaar Ka Saaz Bhi Hai....... Chheda Mera Dil Ne Tarana Tere Pyaar Ka"---Film:Asli Naqli (1962)--MD:Shankar Jaikishan (Probably Jaikishan!!!)---Rafi Saab

2. "Kisi Ki Yaad Mein, Duniya Ko Hai, Bhulaye Huve"---Film:Jahan Aara(1964)--MD:Madan Mohan--Rafi Saab

Can someone kindly upload these songs, preferably in extended/film versions?

Thanks,

Venkat
Abdur Rehman
Venkat.. Here are your both request.
Cheda Mera dil ne (Long Version). Courtesy Swarapriya.
Bitrate-160 kbps
Duration : 5:32

Kisi Ki Yaad Mein, Duniya Ko Hai, Bhulaye Huve
Bitrate-128 kbps
Duration : 3:26
Abdur Rehman
I request members to please upload following two songs from Chaalbaaz

Shukriya Aap Ki Inayat Ka ( Chaalbaaz)
Sooni Sooni Lag Rahi Hai Chandni ( Chaalbaaz)
venkat
QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Jan 3 2010, 02:08 PM) *

Venkat.. Here are your both request.
Cheda Mera dil ne (Long Version). Courtesy Swarapriya.
Bitrate-160 kbps
Duration : 5:32

Kisi Ki Yaad Mein, Duniya Ko Hai, Bhulaye Huve
Bitrate-128 kbps
Duration : 3:26

Seshadri, many sincere thanks indeed for the uploads in long versions. smile.gif

Don't you think it is just divine, the way Rafi Saab says the 'Ye' part throughout this Jahan Aara song! Be it in "Bhulaye Huve" or in "Aaye Huve"!

I also love the "Badi Ajib Khushi Hai Gham-e-Mohabbat Bhi" part and its varied repetition, in the first Antara! clap1.gif

Venkat

PS. If you are 'Seshadri and Abdur Rehman', I should be 'Venkatadri and Irfaan Pathan'!!!! biggrin.gif
My actual name is indeed Venkatadri, incidentally.
venkat
QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Jan 3 2010, 02:16 PM) *

I request members to please upload following two songs from Chaalbaaz

Shukriya Aap Ki Inayat Ka ( Chaalbaaz)
Sooni Sooni Lag Rahi Hai Chandni ( Chaalbaaz)

Seshadri,

I have forwarded this request of yours to a more appropriate place at this link! smile.gif

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry646534

Venkat
venkat
Friends,

There are two other real great songs of Rafi Saab.

1. "Yaad Na Jaaye, Beete Dinon Ki, Jaake Na Aaye Jo Din"---Film:Dil Ek Mandir (1963)---MD:Shankar Jaikishan (Probably Shankar!!!!)---Rafi Saab

2. "Ae Husn Zara Jaag Tujhe Ishq Jagaaye"--Film:Mere Mehboob (1963)---MD:Naushad--Rafi Saab

Thanks,

Venkat
rpnawani
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 3 2010, 05:34 PM) *

Friends,

There are two other real great songs of Rafi Saab.

1. "Yaad Na Jaaye, Beete Dinon Ki, Jaake Na Aaye Jo Din"---Film:Dil Ek Mandir (1963)---MD:Shankar Jaikishan (Probably Shankar!!!!)---Rafi Saab

2. "Ae Husn Zara Jaag Tujhe Ishq Jagaaye"--Film:Mere Mehboob (1963)---MD:Naushad--Rafi Saab

Thanks,

Venkat

Venkat , the first song is available at the following link( song No. 308):

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...9847&st=150

I am up loading the second song.
Duration: 3.31 min
Click to view attachment

rpnawani

venkat
Many sincere thanks, rpn. smile.gif

What a song, this "Yaad Na Jaaye Beete Dinon Ki"!!! mellow.gif

When he ends the Mukhdas with the second, soul-stirring, "Dil Kyon Bulaaye", you can only keep saluting the Gandharava!! clap1.gif It is not for nothing that Shankar had asserted that Rafi's voice had Aatma in it!!

Then again, "Ae Husn Zara Jaag Tujhe" song goes down as one of the best rendered romantic songs on Piano!!! smile.gif

Venkat
venkat
Friends,

The songs that I am requesting here are at random and not in any particular order such as merit, etc.!! rolleyes.gif

Next, can someone kindly upload the following?

1. "Insaaf Ka Mandir Hai Yeh Bhagwan Ka Ghar Hai"--Film:Amar (1954)--MD:Naushad--Rafi Saab

2. "Pukaarta Chala Hun Main, Gali Gali Bahar Ki"---Film:Mere Sanam (1965)--MD:O.P.Nayyar--Rafi Saab

Shall be specially grateful for extended/film versions, please! Only provided they exist, of course!

Thanks,

Venkat
rpnawani
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 4 2010, 08:49 AM) *

Friends,

The songs that I am requesting here are at random and not in any particular order such as merit, etc.!! rolleyes.gif

Next, can someone kindly upload the following?

1. "Insaaf Ka Mandir Hai Yeh Bhagwan Ka Ghar Hai"--Film:Amar (1954)--MD:Naushad--Rafi Saab

2. "Pukaarta Chala Hun Main, Gali Gali Bahar Ki"---Film:Mere Sanam (1965)--MD:O.P.Nayyar--Rafi Saab

Shall be specially grateful for extended/film versions, please! Only provided they exist, of course!

Thanks,

Venkat

Venkat, second song is already uploaded at the following link (song No. 321):

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...9847&st=150

I am uploading the first song which I have in 2 parts. Bitrate is 160 kbps.

First part, Duration: 2.53 min
Click to view attachment

Second part, Duration: 2.35 min
Click to view attachment

rpnawani
venkat
Many sincere thanks for these two uploads, rpn! smile.gif

Both are real Diamonds, one an emotion-stirring Bhajan and the other a stylish light romantical!

For many great singers, their real gems are their so-called classical and serious pieces. But, in the case of Mohammed Rafi, innumerable light, mischievous, chulbuli, chhed-chad songs of his also have rightly earned the labels of 'great', 'gem', 'diamond', etc.! rolleyes.gif

Venkat
venkat
Friends,

Can someone kindly upload the following great duets?

1. "Mujhe Kitna Pyaar Hai Tum Se, Apne Hi Dil Se Poochho Tum"--Film:Dil Tera Deewana (1962)--MD:Shankar Jaikishan--Rafi & Lata

2. "Tum Bin Sajan, Barse Nayan, Jab Jab Badal Barse"--Film:Gaban (1966)--MD:Shankar Jaikishan--Rafi & Lata

Shall be specially thankful for extended/film versions!!! smile.gif

Venkat
Shahrukh3000
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 5 2010, 04:09 AM) *

Friends,

Can someone kindly upload the following great duets?

1. "Mujhe Kitna Pyaar Hai Tum Se, Apne Hi Dil Se Poochho Tum"--Film:Dil Tera Deewana (1962)--MD:Shankar Jaikishan--Rafi & Lata

2. "Tum Bin Sajan, Barse Nayan, Jab Jab Badal Barse"--Film:Gaban (1966)--MD:Shankar Jaikishan--Rafi & Lata

Shall be specially thankful for extended/film versions!!! smile.gif

Venkat

Here are your requested songs
venkat
Thank you very much, Irfaan! smile.gif
venkat
Friends,

Next, on to two Kohinoor Diamonds from Film:Kohinoor (1960)!!

1. "Madhu Ban Mein Raadhika Naache Re"---Film:Kohinoor (1960)--MD:Naushad--Rafi Saab

2. "Do Sitaaron Ka Zameen Par Hai Milan Aaj Ki Raat"--Film:Kohinoor (1960)--MD:Naushad--Rafi & Lata

Can someone kindly upload these, preferably extended/film versions?

Thanks,

Venkat
rpnawani
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 6 2010, 04:52 PM) *

Friends,

Next, on to two Kohinoor Diamonds from Film:Kohinoor (1960)!!

1. "Madhu Ban Mein Raadhika Naache Re"---Film:Kohinoor (1960)--MD:Naushad--Rafi Saab

2. "Do Sitaaron Ka Zameen Par Hai Milan Aaj Ki Raat"--Film:Kohinoor (1960)--MD:Naushad--Rafi & Lata

Can someone kindly upload these, preferably extended/film versions?

Thanks,

Venkat

Venkat, the first song is uploaded at the following link (Song No. 290):

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...9847&st=135

I am uploading the second song. Bitrate: 128 kbps, Duration:3.23 min
Click to view attachment

rpnawani
Mohamed Suhail
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 6 2010, 02:12 PM) *

Thank you very much, Irfaan! smile.gif

Hi All Rafi Fans,
I am new to HF but have a fan of The Immortal Voice of Mohd Rafi for over 40 years. I am glad to see Rafi sahab's fans are keeping his voice and songs alive to date and hopefully forever. Recent uploads of Diamonds of Rafi Saab is great. Keep up the exemplary work. One small request any contributor when they contribute please try to also include the Lyricist. I am trying to compile a list of Rafi Saab's songs in all languages. I have compiled a list that has about 4500 songs and I may not have all the songs but I am trying to get hold of as many films that has Rafi Saab's songs in them. I have about 300+ films now and am still searching for more. Btw I am from Singapore.
Thanks once again for the great uploads.

mmast
venkat
Many sincere thanks, rpn, for these uploads! smile.gif

Venkat
venkat
Friends,

Can someone please upload the following two solos?

1. "Kabhi Khud Pe Kabhi Halaat Pe Rona Aaya"--Film:Hum Donon (1961)--MD:Jaidev--Rafi Saab

2. "Ham Bekhudi Mein Tum Ko Pukaare, Chale Gaye"--Film:Kala Paani (1958)--MD:S.D.Burman--Rafi Saab

Somehow, I always felt both these gems are of the same genre and mood! Probably because they were composed by Chela and Guru respectively!! rolleyes.gif

Thanks,

Venkat

PS. As usual, shall be specially obliged for extended/film versions!
simplefable
Here is one.. smile.gif

Kabhi khud pe..
Hum dono
Rafi
Jaidev
mp3, 128 kbps, 3.57 min

Click to view attachment
venkat
QUOTE(simplefable @ Jan 9 2010, 09:48 AM) *

Here is one.. smile.gif

Kabhi khud pe..
Hum dono
Rafi
Jaidev
mp3, 128 kbps, 3.57 min

Click to view attachment

Many sincere thanks, SF! smile.gif

That leaves the Kala Paani solo!

Venkat
rpnawani
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 9 2010, 08:36 AM) *

Friends,

1. "Kabhi Khud Pe Kabhi Halaat Pe Rona Aaya"--Film:Hum Donon (1961)--MD:Jaidev--Rafi Saab

2. "Ham Bekhudi Mein Tum Ko Pukaare, Chale Gaye"--Film:Kala Paani (1958)--MD:S.D.Burman--Rafi Saab

Somehow, I always felt both these gems are of the same genre and mood! Probably because they were composed by Chela and Guru respectively!! rolleyes.gif

Thanks,

Venkat

Here is the second song. Bitrate: 192 kbps Duration: 3.23 min
Click to view attachment

rpnawani

simplefable
my Pleasure.. smile.gif
I should thankyou actually, as i am pooling up all my songs and wondering why i havent stored all these beauties at one place.... smile1.gif
Here is the fantastic solo ...the way Rafi Sahab goes...hmmm...after the initial lines is absolutely divine. smile.gif

Hum Bekhudi mein tum ko pukare chal gaye...
Kala pani
Rafi
SD Burman
mp3, 128 kbps, 3.17 min

Oh...Rpnawani has uploaded this already.. so removing my upload. smile.gif
venkat
QUOTE(rpnawani @ Jan 9 2010, 12:48 PM) *

QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 9 2010, 08:36 AM) *

Friends,

Thanks,

Venkat

Here is the second song. Bitrate: 192 kbps Duration: 3.23 min
Click to view attachment

rpnawani

Thanks a lot, rpn. smile.gif
venkat
Friends,

Next, on to two more diamonds!

1. "Door Bahut Mat Jaayiye Leke Qarar---Hamdam Mere Khel Na Jaano Chahat Ke"---Film:Phir Wohi Dil Laaya Hun (1963)---MD:O.P.Nayyar--Lyrics:Majrooh Sultanpuri---Rafi & Asha

2. "Aise To Na Dekho, Ki Ham Ko Nasha Ho Jaaye"---Film: Teen Deviyan (1965)--MD: S.D. Burman--Lyrics: Majrooh Sultanpuri--Rafi Saab

Can someone kindly upload these, preferably in extended/film versions?

Thanks,

Venkat
rpnawani
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 10 2010, 07:10 AM) *

Friends,

Next, on to two more diamonds!

1. "Door Bahut Mat Jaayiye Leke Qarar---Hamdam Mere Khel Na Jaano Chahat Ke"---Film:Phir Wohi Dil Laaya Hun (1963)---MD:O.P.Nayyar--Lyrics:Majrooh Sultanpuri---Rafi & Asha

2. "Aise To Na Dekho, Ki Ham Ko Nasha Ho Jaaye"---Film: Teen Deviyan (1965)--MD: S.D. Burman--Lyrics: Majrooh Sultanpuri--Rafi Saab

Thanks,

Venkat

Venkat, here are the two songs:

1. Hamdam mere Bitrate: 192 kbps Duration: 4.54 min
Click to view attachment

2. Aise to na dekho Bitrate: 192 kbps Duration: 3.44 min
Click to view attachment

rpnawani
venkat
Many many sincere thanks, rpn! smile.gif

When I used to hear this "Hamdam Mere Khel Naa Jaano" song, during my primary school days, I used to think that the two singers singing it must be the most beautiful pair in the world!!! smile.gif

Next, Anil Biswas once said on Radio that the "Aise To Na Dekho" song is among his great favorites!

Venkat
venkat
Friends,

On to the next two divine renditions by the Gandharva!

1. "Kabhi Na Kabhi, Kahin Na Kahin, Koyi Na Koyi To Aayega"--Film:Sharaabi (1964)--MD:Madan Mohan--Lyrics:Rajendra Krishna--Rafi Saab

2. "Koyi Saagar Dil Ko Behlaata Nahin, Bekhudi Mein Bhi Qarar Aata Nahin"--Film:Dil Diya Dard Liya (1966)--MD:Naushad--Lyrics:Shakeel Badayuni--Rafi Saab

Thanks,

Venkat

PS. Incidentally, I think this thread can help us assess what high quantity of what great quality this Mohammed Rafi had delivered to this world!! clap1.gif

And all this, in what superb variety and versatility!
simplefable
Here is one..

Koi sagar dil ko behlata ..
Dil Diya dard liya..
Naushad
Rafi

mp3, 160 kbps, 3.38 min

Click to view attachment
rpnawani
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 10 2010, 10:45 AM) *

Friends,

On to the next two divine renditions by the Gandharva!

1. "Kabhi Na Kabhi, Kahin Na Kahin, Koyi Na Koyi To Aayega"--Film:Sharaabi (1964)--MD:Madan Mohan--Lyrics:Rajendra Krishna--Rafi Saab

2. "Koyi Saagar Dil Ko Behlaata Nahin, Bekhudi Mein Bhi Qarar Aata Nahin"--Film:Dil Diya Dard Liya (1966)--MD:Naushad--Lyrics:Shakeel Badayuni--Rafi Saab

Thanks,

Venkat

PS. Incidentally, I think this thread can help us assess what high quantity of what great quality this Mohammed Rafi had delivered to this world!! clap1.gif

And all this, in what superb variety and versatility!

Venkat, here is the other song:

Bitrate: 192 kbps Duration: 3.44 min
Click to view attachment

rpnawani
venkat
Many sincere thanks, SF & rpn!!! smile.gif

Both are shrabi-wale songs and Rafi Saab indeed intoxicates the listeners!

In the "Koyi Sagar Dil Ko Behlata Nahin" song, it is only recently that I got enlightened that 'Sagar' there means a goblet (drinking glass) and not sea or ocean!!! Thanks to Abhayp!! rolleyes.gif

Venkat
venkat
Friends,

Can someone kindly upload the following two songs, preferably in extended/film versions?

1. "Ek Haseen Sham Ko Dil Mera Kho Gaya, Pahle Apna Hua Karta Thha"---Film:Dulhan Ek Raat Ki (1966)--MD:Madan Mohan--Lyrics: Raja Mehdi Ali Khan--Rafi Saab

2. "Tu Kahan Yeh Bata, Is Nasheeli Raat Mein, Maane Na Mera Dil Deewana"--Film:Tere Ghar Ke Saamne (1963)--MD:S.D.Burman--Lyrics: Hasrat Jaipuri--Rafi Saab

Thanks,

Venkat
madsur
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 10 2010, 05:19 AM) *

In the "Koyi Sagar Dil Ko Behlata Nahin" song, it is only recently that I got enlightened that 'Sagar' there means a goblet (drinking glass) and not sea or ocean!!! Thanks to Abhayp!! rolleyes.gif

Dear Venkatji,
I also used to wonder as to what that sentence meant.
It is, indeed, a revelation.
Best regards,
suresh
simplefable
Ditto.. smile1.gif
I used to think that they implied...an ocean cant placate a restless heart /soul !! laugh.gif
venkat
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 10 2010, 07:24 PM) *

Friends,

Can someone kindly upload the following two songs, preferably in extended/film versions?

1. "Ek Haseen Sham Ko Dil Mera Kho Gaya, Pahle Apna Hua Karta Thha"---Film:Dulhan Ek Raat Ki (1966)--MD:Madan Mohan--Lyrics: Raja Mehdi Ali Khan--Rafi Saab

2. "Tu Kahan Yeh Bata, Is Nasheeli Raat Mein, Maane Na Mera Dil Deewana"--Film:Tere Ghar Ke Saamne (1963)--MD:S.D.Burman--Lyrics: Hasrat Jaipuri--Rafi Saab

Thanks,

Venkat

Current requests.
rpnawani
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 10 2010, 07:24 PM) *

Friends,

Thanks,

Venkat

Here are the two songs:

1. Ek haseen sham ko Bitrate: 192 kbps Duration: 3.50 min
Click to view attachment

2. Tu kahan ye bata Bitrate: 128 kbps Duration: 4.20 min
Click to view attachment

rpnawani
venkat
Many many sincere thanks, rpn! Also for the Mahendra Kapoor's preamble in the "Ek Haseen Sham Ko" song!

Both are very special songs! smile.gif

In the "Ek Haseen Sham Ko" song, see the initial heavenly hum by the Maestro! Also observe how he just plays with the words "Sham Ko" in umpteen different ways! Including the ultimate drag on "Shaaaaaaam Ko" while connecting the first Antara with the second! rolleyes.gif

In the "Tu Kahan Yeh Bata" song, I was happy to hear the very rarely heard fourth Antara! Thanks a lot! smile.gif Incidentally, this song was recently copied in toto by a Telugu MD called Koti for a recent Telugu Film!

Venkat
venkat
Friends,

Next, how about these two diamonds?

1. "Aap Ne Yaad Dilaya To Mujhe Yaad Aaya"--Film:Aarti (1962)--MD:Roshan--Lyrics:Majrooh Sultanpuri--Rafi & Lata

2. "Huye Hain Tum Pe Aashiq Ham Bhala Mano Bura Manno, Yeh Chahat Ab Na Hogi Qam, Bhala Maano Bura Mano--Tititti timtitim ( biggrin.gif )"---Film:Mere Sanam (1965)--MD:O.P.Nayyar--Lyrics:Majrooh Sultanpuri--Rafi Saab

Can someone kindly upload these?

Thanks,

Venkat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.