Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anjuman - A Movie By Muzaffar Ali
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Khayyam
Bhavita
Here is a lovely collection of songs from the film Anjuman writted and directed by Muzaffar Ali. Am not sure if the movie ever got released. I had copied the songs from an LP into a cassette way back in 1988. The quality of the songs is quite good despite the time that the cassette had gathered dust smile1.gif

A little excerpt about the movie

Anjuman is a story about a young gilr who dares to dream of changing her life and the lives of those around her. Anjuman is about Lucknow, about Anjuman who lives with her mother, deserted by her father. It is about the Chikan workers of Lucknow. Anjuman and her mother are both Chikan workers, paid a pittance for ther painstakingly beautiful hand embroidery which takes its terrible toll on their eyesight. Their world is a world of women like themselves - poor, insecure and helpless. Their world is a world of narrow streets, stiffling houses, black burqas, rigid conventions and ruthless exploitation. But it is also a world of strong cutlural traditions, colourful festivals and much humour. Anjuman's struggle against the Chikan merchants is aided by a young doctor who sees the spark in Anjuman and succeeeds in fanning it. It is about Anjuman's fight for justice, her courage inspiring not only the women but also Sajid the man she loves

The movie starred Shabana Azmi, Farooque Sheikh, Rohini Hattangady.

The music and songs:

The unmistakeable touch of Khaiyyam in all songs. Reminisces of the music of Umrao Jaan... The magic also is of Shabana Azmi's own voice in 4 songs, and that of Khaiiyam and Jagjit Kaur in that of the 5th song.

The lyrics are penned by Shahryaar and Faiz Ahmed Faiz.
Bhavita

1. Main raah kabse nayi zindagi ki takti hoon
Voice - Shabana Azmi,
Lyrics - Shahryaar

2. Aisa nahin ke isko nahin jaante ho tum
Ankhon mein meri khwab ki soorat base ho tum
Voice - Shabana Azmi
Lyrics - Shahryaar

3. Kab yaad mein tera saath nahin
Kab haath mein tera haath nahin
Voices - Jagjit Kaur and Khaiyyam
Lyrics - Faiz Ahmed Faiz

4. Gulab Jism ka yunhi nahin khila hoga
Hawa ne pehle tujhe phir mujhe chua hoga
Voices - Bhupinder Singh and Shabana Azmi
Lyrics - Shahryaar

5. Tujhse hoti bhi to kya hoti shikayat mujhko
Tere milne se mili dard ki daulat mujhko
Voice - Shabana Azmi
Lyrics - Shahryaar
behenji.turned.mod

bhavita...u want the songs or r u uploading em...?

if u want em...they r available on cooltoad.com

i got my versions from there...in 160 bits

http://music.cooltoad.com/music/search.php...p;TITLE=anjuman
Bhavita

I was going to be uploading them later in the day, BTM smile1.gif

Guess with your link, there wont be a need to do so now smile1.gif
behenji.turned.mod

oops
Bhavita

why oops? that is perfectly fine ;-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.