Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Geeta& Rafi Sung Together For Salil Da
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
yogihit
Hello,
In todays marathi news paper 'loksatta', writer 'sunil deshpande' write an article, 'Harawalele Gane'
he placed a photo salil da, rafi and geeta at studio.
he not write song title, and he says as per photo, appearance of geeta face, it must after 1965. (i will try upload photo by tomorrow)

Actually Rafi & geeta never sung together for salil da, writer claim that in HFGK also could not find any references.

Please foucson above

thank you
surhall

sangeet ka safar
this song have in this movie

Gul khile ya na khile Mohd. Rafi
Geeta Dutt

dhall
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(yogihit @ Nov 15 2009, 09:30 AM) *

Hello,
In todays marathi news paper 'loksatta', writer 'sunil deshpande' write an article, 'Harawalele Gane'
he not write song title, and he says as per photo, appearance of geeta face, it must after 1965. (i will try upload photo by tomorrow)

Actually Rafi & geeta never sung together for salil da, writer claim that in HFGK also could not find any references.

Please foucson above

thank you

There is a song called Gul Khile Ya Na Khile from an unreleased film Raat Ki Uljhan. There has been some dicussion about whether the female singer is Geeta Dutt or not, because the voice sounds different. As per Mohd. Rafi's diary, whose pages were posted on HF, this song was recorded in Jan1969, and was for a film called Doosri Mulaqat.

Aditya
surhall
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Nov 15 2009, 09:50 AM) *

Hello,

Please foucson above

thank you

There is a song called Gul Khile Ya Na Khile from an unreleased film Raat Ki Uljhan. There has been some dicussion about whether the female singer is Geeta Dutt or not, because the voice sounds different. As per Mohd. Rafi's diary, whose pages were posted on HF, this song was recorded in Jan1969, and was for a film called Doosri Mulaqat.

Aditya

hi
pleas film called Doosri Mulaqat give full story all song list md-geetkaar other??
dhall
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(surhall @ Nov 15 2009, 10:28 AM) *

Hello,

Please foucson above

thank you

Aditya

hi
pleas film called Doosri Mulaqat give full story all song list md-geetkaar other??
dhall

I don't think the film ever got made. When the song was recorded on January 30, 1969 the film was probably titled "Doosri Mulaqat" as Rafi saheb has written in his diary. This song was later released in cassette form as part of "Raat Ki Uljhan".

Aditya
surhall
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Nov 15 2009, 10:41 AM) *

QUOTE(surhall @ Nov 15 2009, 10:28 AM) *

Hello,

Please foucson above

thank you

Aditya

hi
dhall

I don't think the film ever got made. When the song was recorded on January 30, 1969 the film was probably titled "Doosri Mulaqat" as Rafi saheb has written in his diary. This song was later released in cassette form as part of "Raat Ki Uljhan".

Aditya

hi
78 rpm issue this songs movie name name raat ki ulhan.
dhall
Erum Hashmi

Hello,

Please foucson above

thank you

Aditya

Adityaji, can you please give the link to the post you mentioned above?

parag_sankla
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Nov 14 2009, 09:11 PM) *

Aditya

When I compare the female voice in the song "Gul khile ya naa khile" (recorded in the year 1969) with Geeta ji's voice in songs from Anubhav which were probably recorded in the year 1970, it is hard for me to believe that the song "Gul khile ya naa khile" is sung by Geeta ji. Even her voice from the songs of the film Midnight (1972) is very much different compared to that in the song "Gul khile ya naa khile".

It possibly has to be some other song being rehearsed by Rafi sahab and Geeta ji for Salilda. It may not have been recorded or something like that.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards
Parag
yogihit
sorry for delay..
parag_sankla
Thanks Yogi for the scanned article.

After reading through all the discussion about this song, this is the question I have. Is it necessary to believe that the song being rehearsed was actually recorded?

It is possible that the song in question was never recorded/released..

Any more thoughts!

Regards
Parag
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 20 2009, 10:16 AM) *

After reading through all the discussion about this song, this is the question I have. Is it necessary to believe that the song being rehearsed was actually recorded?

Any more thoughts!

Regards
Parag

True. But is it confirmed that the voice in the Raat Ki Uljhan song is not Geeta Dutt. I am still doubtful...sometimes it doesn't sound like her voice and some times it does.

Aditya
shashankchickermane72
QUOTE(yogihit @ Nov 20 2009, 10:05 AM) *

sorry for delay..

HI YOGIHITJI,

I ALSO HAVE THIS ARTICLE FROM THE MARATHI NEWSPAPER "LOKSATTA" IN SUNDAYS EDITION. I FEEL WE SHOULD REFER FROM THE BOOK "THE SKYLARK" WROTE BY HAIMANTI BANERJEE FOR THAT WHETHER GEETADUTT AND RAFI SANG FOR SALILDA. rolleyes.gif
Debopriyo
raat ki uljhan
Gul khile ya na khile salil chaudhari (with Mohd Rafi)
time 4:25/bitrate 160kbps
parag_sankla
QUOTE(shashankchickermane72 @ Nov 20 2009, 01:46 AM) *

sorry for delay..

HI YOGIHITJI,

I ALSO HAVE THIS ARTICLE FROM THE MARATHI NEWSPAPER "LOKSATTA" IN SUNDAYS EDITION. I FEEL WE SHOULD REFER FROM THE BOOK "THE SKYLARK" WROTE BY HAIMANTI BANERJEE FOR THAT WHETHER GEETADUTT AND RAFI SANG FOR SALILDA. rolleyes.gif

Shashank ji

The book has this photo (and 3 more photos taken at the same occasion) but does not conclusively say if this song being rehearsed was recorded as the song from Raat ki Uljhan.

Regards
Parag
surhall
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Nov 20 2009, 10:45 AM) *

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 20 2009, 10:16 AM) *

Any more thoughts!

Regards
Parag

True. But is it confirmed that the voice in the Raat Ki Uljhan song is not Geeta Dutt. I am still doubtful...sometimes it doesn't sound like her voice and some times it does.

Aditya

hi 10000000 % song ,rec, with geeta & rafi ji.
dhall
surhall

sorry for delay..

hi thanks very good . son g rec,
dhall
shashankchickermane72
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 20 2009, 09:24 PM) *

sorry for delay..

HI YOGIHITJI,

Shashank ji

The book has this photo (and 3 more photos taken at the same occasion) but does not conclusively say if this song being rehearsed was recorded as the song from Raat ki Uljhan.

Regards
Parag

Paragji & Yogihitji,

Yes, this photo is there along with another 2, but conclusively other photos shows that both the singers are recording a song. Is it right???. So, i feel this song was recorded, but at the same time the music composer Salilda had a misunderstanding with Rafisahab for the film "Madhumati", so may be last moment they had not edited this song in the film. due to this fact we dont hear this song.

yogihit
Please note that they are not 'recording' the song.. just rehearsal smile1.gif
parag_sankla
QUOTE(shashankchickermane72 @ Nov 21 2009, 03:39 AM) *

sorry for delay..

HI YOGIHITJI,

Shashank ji

Regards
Parag

Paragji & Yogihitji,

Yes, this photo is there along with another 2, but conclusively other photos shows that both the singers are recording a song. Is it right???. So, i feel this song was recorded, but at the same time the music composer Salilda had a misunderstanding with Rafisahab for the film "Madhumati", so may be last moment they had not edited this song in the film. due to this fact we dont hear this song.

Shahank ji

All the pics (3 or 4 of them) are during a rehearsal (as rightly said by Yogesh) and not a recording. Unfortunately none of the three artists are alive today, so we can not know for sure whether a song sung by Rafi sahab and Geeta ji (composed by Salilda) was ever recorded or not.

Regards
Parag
shashankchickermane72
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 27 2009, 10:54 PM) *

QUOTE(shashankchickermane72 @ Nov 21 2009, 03:39 AM) *

sorry for delay..

HI YOGIHITJI,

Shashank ji

Regards
Parag

Paragji & Yogihitji,

Shahank ji

All the pics (3 or 4 of them) are during a rehearsal (as rightly said by Yogesh) and not a recording. Unfortunately none of the three artists are alive today, so we can not know for sure whether a song sung by Rafi sahab and Geeta ji (composed by Salilda) was ever recorded or not.

Regards
Parag

Paragji,

I will try to find out the song who has sung it. I will ask one of my friend about this song. May he can help for this song. If possible can anybody send me the song in email account which i cannot open it from this site. If possibly just find out from this song who sang the female voice. I feel geetaduttji has sang this first and got rerecorded once again with another female singer when she was sick at the initial time. On those years, the recording was happening after many months also. I feel this one is also one of them. Ok. kindly send me the song. I will try to find out.

Plz. yogihitji can u contact me after sometimes for this thing.

thanks
yogihit
yes sure.. u can add me on gtalk smile1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.