Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tribute To The Legend: Shamshad Dvd
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Singers > Shamshad Begum
hildebrand
Found this link online:-
http://www.desistore.com/shamshad.html

It seems M/s Sadaf released this DVD on Shamshad ji.

Description: Shamshad Begum really became the first female playback star. Making her debut on radio in Lahore in 1937, the Amritsar-born singer captivated the hearts of listeners with the enchanting depth of her voice. The then AIR Lahore helped her in entering the world of movies as frequent broadcasting of her songs induced music directors to use her voice for film songs.

Shamshad Begum also recorded naats and devotional songs for a couple of gramophone recording companies which where then located in the Bakshi Market of Anarkali, Lahore.

Featuring:
Sadaf Munir, Nayyara Noor, Nisha Ali, Nisar Bazmi, Shamshad Begum, Shakeela Khorasani & Shuja, Humaira Arshad, Faisal Latif & Sadaf Munair, Fariha Pervez, Bushra Ansari.

Does anyone have this DVD?

Request for more information and details please.
surhall
hi
i have last2 year . what you need , web site show all story/
dhall
hildebrand
Happy to know Dhall ji that you have the DVD. I want to know whether it contains only interviews of the above celebrities or it shares some rare songs and information also?
I have received information that Shamshad ji sang over 100 songs for first Peshawar Radio and later for Lahore Radio. Are these songs also part of that since it talks about her work for Lahore Radio.
surhall
hi

yes they give news she singing from 1937 in radio. but no song list
dhall
hildebrand
ok. what else is shared in the video? any rare song in it?
surhall
hi
there is no rare song sing by her, all song sing pakistani singer,
& give story her ,
thanks
dhall
hildebrand
Thanks dhall ji.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.