Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rarest Of Rares
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
khawar Sohail
I am uploading 2 very rare songs of the Wife of Master Ghulam Haidar. Her name was Umraozia begum. Here are 2 songs from film Prem Yatra 1937. Music by QS Zahoor...Enjoy! Khawar sohail
128 kbps
Total: 2.61 MB
Duration: 3.21 min
Khawar
khawar Sohail
Another Umraozia begum gem from same film: Khawar Sohail
128 kbps
total:2.63
duration:3.26 min
Enjoy this classical gem
khawar Sohail
Here are 2 very early days of Talkies (1932) and these classical songs are sung by Professor Patwardhan in film Madhuri. Music is by Prasunsukh Nayak. Enjoy these gems! Khawar sohail
128 kbps
total: 2.58 MB
khawar Sohail
Second classical song from 1932 movie. same singer.
128 kbps
total:2.24 mb
duration: 3.10 min
enjoy! Khawar
Faraaj73
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Aug 2 2009, 07:41 PM) *

Here are 2 very early days of Talkies (1932) and these classical songs are sung by Professor Patwardhan in film Madhuri. Music is by Prasunsukh Nayak. Enjoy these gems! Khawar sohail
128 kbps

Wow! Who is Prof Patwardhan? For sure he's not your average film singer! Ahmkar Kar ke is excellent.

And thanks for the two Umraozia Begum songs as well. I don't think I've heard her before.

Kind Regards
Faraaj
Kirat Pal
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Aug 2 2009, 03:32 PM) *

128 kbps

Wow! Who is Prof Patwardhan? For sure he's not your average film singer! Ahmkar Kar ke is excellent.

And thanks for the two Umraozia Begum songs as well. I don't think I've heard her before.

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Very nice to see the songs of the year 1932.Thanks Sohail Saheb.
Kirat Pal
Erum Hashmi
Thank you so much for the rare songs!!!
Sukesh Hoogan

128 kbps

Kind Regards
Faraaj

http://www.screenindia.com/old/fullstory.php?content_id=5470

EARLY TALKIES AND RECORDED SONGS

Suresh Chandvankar
Posted online: Friday, August 15, 2003 at 0000 hours IST

Early talkies had the influence of theatre. A film had a story interspersed with some songs. Film historians consider Alam Ara to be the first talkie that was produced in 1931 by Ardeshir Irani. He is also considered as the first director of Indian talkie film. Phirozshah M. Mistry and B. Irani composed the musical score for this film. The film had only seven songs sung by Zubeida and Zillo. However, no records were cut from the songs of Alam Ara. There were some unsuccessful attempts to produce talkie films before 1931 which are now conveniently forgotten. According to a Marathi daily ‘Lokmanya’, Alam Ara was not the first Indian talkie film. According to the newspaper, Mr. Maneklal Patel of Krishna Film Company produced Nakli Tansen in 1930 which was exhibited in Realto Cinema Theatre in Girgaon. Prof. B. R. Deodhar (seen in the photo above: C.1930) was the music director and Yeshwantrao Kothare was the first recordist of Indian talkie. Charlie was the hero of Nakli Tansen. Along with this film, a short film was also produced that featured orchestra of the students of Deodhar’s school of music and a vocal recital of Kumari Amladi. Mr. Madhukar Gupte has quoted this in ‘Lokmanya’ in a letter to the editor. Incidentally, Mr. Gupte was hero in several silent films and early talkies of that era. [Ref. ‘Chitrachi Goshta’: a book in Marathi, by Babu Moshay, Majestic Prakashan, Mumbai, 1995, Page 20]. Later on Prof. B. R. Deodhar provided music to more than ten films and produced Neela in both Hindi and Marathi in the year 1935. But this was a wild goose chase in which he failed miserably which compelled him to abandon film production and the film line forever.

As per recorded history, the first gramophone record of film music was HMV N 5622 - from the Hindi film Madhuri sung by Prof. Vinayakrao Patwardhan in raga Tilang and Bahar. He also sang for HMV N 5623, the next record in ragas Kafi and Malkauns. He was the disciple of Pandit Vishnu Digambar Paluskar, acted only in one film and recorded four songs based on Hindustani classical music. Imperial Film Company produced this film whose music director was Mr. Pransukh M. Nayak. These records with green label were sold in the market in 1932 with due credit given to Prof. Patwardhan on the record label probably because he was already a celebrated singer of the gramophone company and had cut quite a few records of his stage songs and classical music.

In 1931, the Indian Art Production, Bombay, produced a film titled Farebi Jaal (Trapped) directed by M. Bhavnani.Though the name of the music director was not given but Master Vasant has been credited for the lyrics. Of the six songs in this film, Durga Khote and Master Vasant sang three each. [Ref: Hindi film geet kosh, vol.1, (1931-40), by Harminder Singh Hamraaz, 1988, page 15]. Around 1930, Master Vasant Amrut (of Surat) had cut two records: HMV P 13474 and P 13542. Gramophone Company released these records on black label in February 1931 and November 1931 respectively. Of these four songs, three are identical in the list of the songs of this film. It appears that these records were directly used in the film. It is not clear on whom the songs sung by Master Vasant Amrut were picturised. Thus, Master Vasant Amrut of Surat, could then be the first playback singer of Hindi film songs.
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(Sukesh Hoogan @ Aug 2 2009, 07:17 PM) *

128 kbps

Kind Regards
Faraaj

http://www.screenindia.com/old/fullstory.php?content_id=5470

EARLY TALKIES AND RECORDED SONGS

Suresh Chandvankar
Posted online: Friday, August 15, 2003 at 0000 hours IST

Early talkies had the influence of theatre. A film had a story interspersed with some songs. Film historians consider Alam Ara to be the first talkie that was produced in 1931 by Ardeshir Irani. He is also considered as the first director of Indian talkie film. Phirozshah M. Mistry and B. Irani composed the musical score for this film. The film had only seven songs sung by Zubeida and Zillo. However, no records were cut from the songs of Alam Ara. There were some unsuccessful attempts to produce talkie films before 1931 which are now conveniently forgotten. According to a Marathi daily ‘Lokmanya’, Alam Ara was not the first Indian talkie film. According to the newspaper, Mr. Maneklal Patel of Krishna Film Company produced Nakli Tansen in 1930 which was exhibited in Realto Cinema Theatre in Girgaon. Prof. B. R. Deodhar (seen in the photo above: C.1930) was the music director and Yeshwantrao Kothare was the first recordist of Indian talkie. Charlie was the hero of Nakli Tansen. Along with this film, a short film was also produced that featured orchestra of the students of Deodhar’s school of music and a vocal recital of Kumari Amladi. Mr. Madhukar Gupte has quoted this in ‘Lokmanya’ in a letter to the editor. Incidentally, Mr. Gupte was hero in several silent films and early talkies of that era. [Ref. ‘Chitrachi Goshta’: a book in Marathi, by Babu Moshay, Majestic Prakashan, Mumbai, 1995, Page 20]. Later on Prof. B. R. Deodhar provided music to more than ten films and produced Neela in both Hindi and Marathi in the year 1935. But this was a wild goose chase in which he failed miserably which compelled him to abandon film production and the film line forever.

As per recorded history, the first gramophone record of film music was HMV N 5622 - from the Hindi film Madhuri sung by Prof. Vinayakrao Patwardhan in raga Tilang and Bahar. He also sang for HMV N 5623, the next record in ragas Kafi and Malkauns. He was the disciple of Pandit Vishnu Digambar Paluskar, acted only in one film and recorded four songs based on Hindustani classical music. Imperial Film Company produced this film whose music director was Mr. Pransukh M. Nayak. These records with green label were sold in the market in 1932 with due credit given to Prof. Patwardhan on the record label probably because he was already a celebrated singer of the gramophone company and had cut quite a few records of his stage songs and classical music.

In 1931, the Indian Art Production, Bombay, produced a film titled Farebi Jaal (Trapped) directed by M. Bhavnani.Though the name of the music director was not given but Master Vasant has been credited for the lyrics. Of the six songs in this film, Durga Khote and Master Vasant sang three each. [Ref: Hindi film geet kosh, vol.1, (1931-40), by Harminder Singh Hamraaz, 1988, page 15]. Around 1930, Master Vasant Amrut (of Surat) had cut two records: HMV P 13474 and P 13542. Gramophone Company released these records on black label in February 1931 and November 1931 respectively. Of these four songs, three are identical in the list of the songs of this film. It appears that these records were directly used in the film. It is not clear on whom the songs sung by Master Vasant Amrut were picturised. Thus, Master Vasant Amrut of Surat, could then be the first playback singer of Hindi film songs.

This is a very nice and informative piece of history. I will upload more from Vinayak Rao patwardhan classical songs in coming weeks. Khawar
kkg
Thanks a lot
kkg
Sukesh Hoogan
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Aug 3 2009, 04:49 PM) *

This is a very nice and informative piece of history. I will upload more from Vinayak Rao patwardhan classical songs in coming weeks. Khawar

Some more links that may be of interest

http://www.archiveofmusic.com/

http://films.hindi-movies-songs.com/75-yea...-1931-1934.html

http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~malaiya/music_hist.html

http://www.mustrad.org.uk/articles/indcent.htm (Must read).

Regards
Sukesh
RajanCS
Thanks for these rare songs from Madhuri.

Sincere regards,

Rajan
khawar Sohail
128 kbps
duration: 3.29 min
from khawar
khawar Sohail
Another lovely rare from Sant Tulsidas
128 kbps
duration: 3.06 min
khawar
Faraaj73
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Aug 5 2009, 09:03 PM) *

128 kbps
duration: 3.29 min
from khawar

Details of year and MD...

1937 Dharmaveer - Ratnaprabha - Hain Phool Kaghaz Ke-annasaheb mainkar
mirsa
Thanks Khawar Sahab for rare vintage songs
lakshmi
Thanks Khawar for these rare old songs.

Lakshmi
shoom
Janab Khawar Sahib....

It is not known as to how many songs Prem Yatra had, but
atleast four by Umraozia Begum were held by song collectors
in the yesteryears. I do not recall the opening lines of the
remaining two songs. Do you by any good chance have one
or more songs from this movie ?

Regards... Hashmat
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(shoom @ Aug 8 2009, 04:11 AM) *

Janab Khawar Sahib....

It is not known as to how many songs Prem Yatra had, but
atleast four by Umraozia Begum were held by song collectors
in the yesteryears. I do not recall the opening lines of the
remaining two songs. Do you by any good chance have one
or more songs from this movie ?

Regards... Hashmat

I think I have her other songs somewhere. As soon as find them in my cassette collection I will upload. Here is another song from film Dharmaveer sung by Miss Ratna prabha. Khawar
Total: 3.08 MB
Duration: 3.31 min
128 kbps
pradeepasrani
Dear Khawar

Many thanks for your rare uploads. The songs of 1930s are really rare barring those of some of the studios such as New Theatres, Prabhat, Sagar Movietone, Minerva Movietone etc. It is indeed praiseworthy for you to source and upload these songs.

Pradeep
khawar Sohail
Another rare chorus from film Sant Tulsidas
duration: 3.26 min
128 kbps
khawar
khawar Sohail
Film Kimyagar 1936
Duration: 3.14
128 kbps
khawar
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Aug 19 2009, 04:08 PM) *

Film Kimyagar 1936
128 kbps
khawar

Another rare song from film Bhaijaan by Zeenat Begum at 128 kbps duration = 2.35 min.....Khawar
RajanCS
Khawar Janab,

Bahut Bahut Shukriya

Rajan
khawar Sohail
Another Zeenat begum song
at 128 kbps, duration = 2.50 min...khawar
khawar Sohail
Lovely Rare song by Miss Sarla devi at 128 kbps
duration= 3.07 min
khawar
Faraaj73
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Aug 23 2009, 09:58 AM) *

Film Kimyagar 1936
128 kbps
khawar

Another rare song from film Bhaijaan by Zeenat Begum at 128 kbps duration = 2.35 min.....Khawar

Khawar Saab

This is a tandem song. Attached is the Noor Jehan version. Thanks for the Zeenat Begum one - I wasn't even aware of it!!!

1945 Bhai Jaan - Noor Jehan - Jin Ke Qadam Se Ghar Tha-ss 2m 06s 128kbps mp3Click to view attachment

Below are details of the Sarla Devi song:

1937 Zambo The Ape Man - Sarla Devi - Sunaoon Kis Ko Man Ki Baat-pandit badri prasad

This film is also known as Sher e Jungle....
surhall
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Aug 24 2009, 04:00 PM) *

Film Kimyagar 1936
128 kbps
khawar

Khawar Saab

This is a tandem song. Attached is the Noor Jehan version. Thanks for the Zeenat Begum one - I wasn't even aware of it!!!

1945 Bhai Jaan - Noor Jehan - Jin Ke Qadam Se Ghar Tha-ss 2m 06s 128kbps mp3Click to view attachment

1937 Zambo The Ape Man - Sarla Devi - Sunaoon Kis Ko Man Ki Baat-pandit badri prasad

Hi

I U/L same song last time request by M.Sharma ji.
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=79171

thanks
dhall
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(surhall @ Aug 24 2009, 06:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Aug 24 2009, 04:00 PM) *

Film Kimyagar 1936
128 kbps
khawar

Khawar Saab

Hi

I U/L same song last time request by M.Sharma ji.
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=79171

thanks
dhall

Thanks for your info Faraaj sahib. Can you tell me what is the films of these NJ + chorus songs:
1. yeh kuon hansa kis ne
2. Aa gale lag ja more sajna
3. ab to naheen he duniya mein apna thikana
4. ay gul-e-naubahar jhoom
5. deke mujhe woh dard-e-jigar
6. dukh dard se koi is jag mein azaad naheen he
7. haye re ur ur jaye
8. jinhain karna tha abaad dil
9. mein khaitoon ka panchi
10. mere man ka panchi kya bole
11. rut rangeeli aayi
12. sajan perdesi balam perdesi
thanks khawar
Aditya Pant
Khawar Saheb,

I can talk about all but one:

- Ye Kaun Hansa - Village Girl (Gaon Ki Gori) - 1945 - Shyam Sunder
- More Sajna (aa gale lag ja) - Dost - 1944 - Sajjad
- Ab to Nahin Hai - Nadaan - 1943 - K. Datta
- Aye gul-e-naubahar - Naukar - 1943 - Rafique Ghaznavi
- Deke Mujhe Wo Dard-e-Jigar - Dil - 1946 - Zafar Khursheed
- Dukh Drad Se Jag Mein - Humjoli - 1946 - Hafeez Khan
- Jinhe Karna Tha Dil Aabad - Naukar - 1943 - Rafique Ghaznavi
- Main Kheton Ka Panchhi - Village Girl (Gaon Ki Gori) - 1945 - Shyam Sunder
- Mere Man Ka Panchhi - Khandan - 1942 - Ghulam Haider
- Rut Rangeeli Aayi - Mirza Sahiban - 1947 - Pt. Amaranath, Husnalal, Bhagatram
- Sajan Pardesi - Village Girl (Gaon Ki Gori) - 1945 - Shyam Sunder
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Aug 25 2009, 09:40 AM) *

Khawar Saheb,

Shukriya Aditya sahib.........Khawar
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Aug 26 2009, 03:31 PM) *

Khawar Saheb,

Another lovely rare by Waheedan bai at 128 kbps, duration = 3.07 min
Khawar

Faraaj73
Khawar Saab

In Rarest of Rares, can you also upload some Jaddanbai. I already have Lagat Karejwaa Mein Chot. Anything else would be much appreciated...

Kind Regards
Faraaj
urzung khan

[/quote]
Khawar
[/quote]

I was doubtful of it being by Waheedan Bai, so I Downloaded and played it.
It is a famous recording by Akhtari Bai from 1930s.
khawar Sohail
[quote name='urzung khan' date='Aug 27 2009, 02:48 AM' post='625165']
[/quote]
Khawar
[/quote]

I was doubtful of it being by Waheedan Bai, so I Downloaded and played it.
It is a famous recording by Akhtari Bai from 1930s.
[/quote]

Thanks for correcting it. My lists are incomplete and must have made mistake while noting down singers while recording from 78rpm......khawar
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Aug 26 2009, 05:41 PM) *

Khawar Saab

In Rarest of Rares, can you also upload some Jaddanbai. I already have Lagat Karejwaa Mein Chot. Anything else would be much appreciated...

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Here is your request of jaddan Bai at 128 kbps duration = 3.23....khawar
Faraaj73
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Aug 27 2009, 08:26 PM) *

Khawar Saab

Kind Regards
Faraaj

thumbs-up.gif Any idea when this was recorded....I could hear wah-wah in the background...
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Aug 27 2009, 04:07 PM) *

Khawar Saab

Kind Regards
Faraaj

thumbs-up.gif Any idea when this was recorded....I could hear wah-wah in the background...

I do not recall year but it belongs to 40's.
here is another one on the back side of 78 rpm record at 128 duration = 3.20 khawar
pradeepasrani
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Aug 26 2009, 04:31 PM) *

Khawar Saheb,

The remaining song in the list, Haaye Re Ud Ud Jaaye Re too is from Mirza Sahiban (1947).

pradeepasrani
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Aug 27 2009, 05:07 PM) *

Khawar Saab

Kind Regards
Faraaj

It is interesting that there is a song with same Mukhda; Khana-e-Dil Se Numaya Hai Bayanwa Hona, Meri Mushqil Ko Gawara Nahi Hai Aasan Hona; in the movie Dukhtar-e-Hind (1934).
Faraaj73
QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ Aug 28 2009, 05:30 AM) *

It is interesting that there is a song with same Mukhda; Khana-e-Dil Se Numaya Hai Bayanwa Hona, Meri Mushqil Ko Gawara Nahi Hai Aasan Hona; in the movie Dukhtar-e-Hind (1934).

Pradeep Saab

Do you have any song from Dukhtar e Hind (1934)? If so, pls upload...
pradeepasrani
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Aug 28 2009, 02:00 PM) *

QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ Aug 28 2009, 05:30 AM) *

Pradeep Saab

Do you have any song from Dukhtar e Hind (1934)? If so, pls upload...

Faraaj Bhai

Unfortunately I do not have any song from this movie.

After listening to the Jaddan Bai song, I was wondering whether it could be from an early movie and checked Vol I of HFGK when I noted the similarity in the opening verse of the song listed under Dukhtar-e-Hind. As per HFGK, the song in the movie is picturised on the male character, Master Nissar. So it must be a male rendition. But for this fact I would have assumed that the song uploaded by Khawar Sohail is from Dukhtar-e-Hind.

Sincere regards

Pradeep
khawar Sohail
Song by Akbar khan Durrani Peshawari from film Abla. Female singer is unknown. Note the booming voice. At 128 kbps, duration = 3.18 min....khawar
Faraaj73
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Aug 28 2009, 08:20 PM) *

Song by Akbar khan Durrani Peshawari from film Abla. Female singer is unknown. Note the booming voice. At 128 kbps, duration = 3.18 min....khawar

Wow!!! This is a real treat Khawar Saab. I'd only heard two songs by Akbar Khan Durrani Peshawari - Kaun Hai Kiska Meet and Hausla Aashiq Ko Chahiye (both low bitrate recordings). I love his voice and singing. Thanks for this song - its great too. If you have any other songs but this unknown but great singer (including good recordings of the above two songs) please upload them as well whenever you get the time. In the meantime, I'll hear this song a few times. smile.gif

By the way, the song is from Alba (1941) and the MD is listed as Khurshid Khan. I think there were two female voices in the song....
urzung khan
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Aug 28 2009, 03:44 PM) *

Wow!!! This is a real treat Khawar Saab. I'd only heard two songs by Akbar Khan Durrani Peshawari - Kaun Hai Kiska Meet and Hausla Aashiq Ko Chahiye (both low bitrate recordings). I love his voice and singing. Thanks for this song - its great too. If you have any other songs but this unknown but great singer (including good recordings of the above two songs) please upload them as well whenever you get the time. In the meantime, I'll hear this song a few times. :smile:

By the way, the song is from Alba (1941) and the MD is listed as Khurshid Khan. I think there were two female voices in the song....

Believe it or not, the correct name is Abla which means..
dubli patli khoob-soorat aurat.
A movie by this [Abla] name was also made and released in Lahore
in 1930. Its cast included Sunita Devi. It was a silent movie.
Faraaj73
QUOTE(urzung khan @ Aug 29 2009, 10:24 AM) *

Wow!!! This is a real treat Khawar Saab. I'd only heard two songs by Akbar Khan Durrani Peshawari - Kaun Hai Kiska Meet and Hausla Aashiq Ko Chahiye (both low bitrate recordings). I love his voice and singing. Thanks for this song - its great too. If you have any other songs but this unknown but great singer (including good recordings of the above two songs) please upload them as well whenever you get the time. In the meantime, I'll hear this song a few times. smile.gif

Oops!!! Typo error on my part. Thanks for the definition. I'll add Abla to my vocabulary and surprise ppl laugh.gif
simplefable
Funny...there is a word called Abala in my mother tongue..Telugu. It means Lady...but vulnerable lady. smile1.gif
Strange ways of languages !!
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Aug 29 2009, 07:18 AM) *

Oops!!! Typo error on my part. Thanks for the definition. I'll add Abla to my vocabulary and surprise ppl laugh.gif

Akbar Khan Durrani songs are not available any where. I got them through Singer's friends and neighbours Late allahdad Khan sahib and Mr Aman Durrani sahib. The singer lived next door to Allahdad Khan and gave his collection to them from where I got these songs. Here is another one from film Postman: Khawar
Duration 3.13 min at 128 kbps
khawar Sohail
This song shows that the power of patwari will never diminish in subcontinent. From film Holi, singer probably Zeenat begum and music by Khemchand Prakash....enjoy! khawar
khawar Sohail
QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Aug 29 2009, 09:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Aug 29 2009, 07:18 AM) *

Akbar Khan Durrani songs are not available any where. I got them through Singer's friends and neighbours Late allahdad Khan sahib and Mr Aman Durrani sahib. The singer lived next door to Allahdad Khan and gave his collection to them from where I got these songs. Here is another one from film Postman: Khawar
Duration 3.13 min at 128 kbps

Another one from film Sultana at 128 kbps on Faraaj sahib request. Duration 3.34 min....khawar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.