Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Murali Hit For A Sixer
Hamara Forums > General > Sports
unni
From INDIATIMES Cricket:

Click to view attachment

CHENNAI:

She is ecstatic. Madhimalar Ramamurthy is all set to marry the Sri Lankan off-spin great Muttiah Muralitharan on March 21 - a man her father Dr. S. Ramamurthy and the late owner of the Malar Hospitals would have been proud of.

All in pink she came into the room and her smiling mother Dr. Nithya Ramamurthy said: “There is the bride!’’

“I am very excited. What’s more Murali is a simple person. He said he liked me because I was homely and not excited about cricket,’’ gushed Madhi (24).

Herself a director of the Malar Hospitals, Madhi decided to be a devoted wife. “I will be monitoring the management of the hospital though.’’

She is the younger of the twins, her older sister Dr. Radhimalar took to their parents’ profession and is married and settled in Tiruchy. Another younger sister Divyamalar is a B. Arch student. Madhimalar had done her schooling in Rosary Matriculation and college in Stella Maris. She completed her MBA at the Sathyabhama College, with a gold medal.

Since the alliance came about, arranged through Tamil actor Chandrasekhar and a television channel executive and through horoscope matching in December, Madhi had travelled with Murali to Sri Lanka. In fact the day tsunami hit, the couple was proceeding to Galle from Colombo.

“We wanted to visit Galle but we got a call from Murali’s secretary asking us not to go there. A national calamity has struck. There is no more Galle, he said. So we returned to Colombo and discussed the marriage plans,’’ says Madhi. She, however, hastens to say that Murali got involved in tsunami work, sending food from the family owned biscuit factory in Kandy and the charitable trust that they own.

Click to view attachment

“We are so happy. That December day Murali came down and spoke to us and told my daughter ‘I like you and I would like to marry you’. It is completely an arranged marriage. Our families consulted with each other and matched horoscopes independently,” said Dr. Nithya.

“My husband was crazy about cricket, especially the Indian team. He liked Murali’s bowling and I learnt the game from him. He always attended the finals irrespective of the venue. He would have loved the fact that our daughter is marrying a popular cricketer. If he was alive the marriage would have been more grand,” she added.
Akhtar
Great deeds from a great sportsman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.