Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Youtube Channel : The Visual World Of Songs Of Geeta Ji
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
parag_sankla
The author of the book "Geeta Dutt : The Skylark" , Haimanti ji spent close to four years in her research on Geeta ji. She wanted to "see" as many songs of Geeta ji as much possible to get the feel of the song and how it has been sung.

The very fact that she could not manage to see more than 175- 200 videos of songs of Geeta ji tells how difficult it is to get to see Geeta ji's songs.

With the invent of computers, DVD players, DVDs, Internet, music forums and video sharing sites like YouTube, it is possible to see the songs which have faded in the past. And there is one, the most important link to connect all the above things to make that experience possible. A great, generous and selfless individual who does not mind spending hours and hours of personal time to make these things possible. Yes, I am talking about none other than senior HF member and one of the most generous human beings I have come across, our friend Anu. The Geeta Dutt channel was launched on YouTube almost immediately after the launching of our site www.geetadutt.com

The link to the YT channel is as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwgeetaduttcom

In last seven months or so, we see that the YT channel has close to 300 videos so far. I have seen YT removing a few videos (for unknown reasons) and again they being shared at some point of time. The songs range from the most popular ones to the most rare ones.

I still remember my childhood days, when getting to "listen" to the audio of a relatively rare Geeta Dutt song (say "Meri zindagi ke humsafar" from Shrimati 420) was itself a very big achievement. I (and many fans of Geeta ji) possibly could have never dreamt that one day many of such songs will be available to be actually seen. This is nothing less than a miracle and all fans of Geeta ji are indebted to Anu for consistent efforts on promoting the site on Geeta ji and sharing the videos of her songs.

Let us open our minds and appreciate the genuine efforts of a great music lover. Let us not do what this immortal Ghazal by Jagjit Singh sahab says:

Duniya jise kehte hain
jaadu ka khilauna hain
Mil jaaye to mitti hain
kho jaaye to sona hain

Whatever songs we are able to see on our YT channel are more then "Gold" for us. Yes of course, we will keep chasing to see more and mroe songs of Geeta ji. At the same time, we will keep appreciating the superlative efforts of one individual, who has made this a flagship channel dedicated to our beloved singer Geeta ji.

Anu, people do many things when asked for. What you have done for us, without even asking for it, is simply un-parallel. May God give all the strength to you to keep up this noble effort you have been doing.

I am sure, Geeta ji must be looking down at us and smiling about the fact that more than 30 years after her journey to heaven, music lovers like us are remembering her and enjoying her golden voice.

Thank you Anu. You are among the best!
swarapriya
Parag,

I have just visited You Tube to see what you were describing in your write up here. Indeed, it is an outstanding job done by Anupama ji. I only looked into a few of the videos because there are so many of them that are available to see. Our sincere thanks to Anupama ji for sharing such beautiful videos with us.

Once again, I only saw few videos of some of the movies that I have not seen before. Outstanding video quality and excellent audio reproduction. Thank you and thank you again Anupama ji.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
parag_sankla
Swarapriya

Many thanks for visiting our YT channel and browsing through the videos shared by Anupama. It is truly an example of what a dedicated individual can do. Once again many thanks Anupama for making all these rare videos available to all of us. To be honest, I would have never ever dreamt of seeing most of these songs in my life. The only songs I happened to see were from Guru Dutt films when I bunked my college classes to watch the Guru Dutt Film Festival in Mumbai.

Best Regards
Parag

rashmi mehta
in our college days geetaduttjis movies were always in matinnee shows n we used to see all obvious by bunking tutorials n practicals too.

but that time was not aware also that because of gajendraji n then u will make me to read a lot abt her after 30yrs of my college life.

and i m again in those days whenever i have visited YT some of my favourite songs i used to listen with my father.

n for all these Anupamaji's dedication and hard work to make all songs together in one link.

grt outstanding work - not describable in words!

d past memories r visualised by u mam m really feel very grt for d same!

parag_sankla
Many thanks Rashmi ji for echoing my sentiments. Truly, Anupama has done a great effort for the noble cause of letting more and more people watch songs of Geeta ji.

Hope more and more music lovers visit our YT channel and appreciate the melodious songs sung by our beloved Geeta ji

Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
When I began visiting the Youtube site a few years ago, I used to see about 50-60 odd total songs of Geeta ji (majority of them from Guru Dutt films of course). Our channel has brought out so many unseen songs. Many songs have additional stanzas in the film versions!

Thanks Anu for all this. Hope more and more people visit our YT channel.

Cheers
Parag
hildebrand
yes its certainly a fabulous channel.
A Million thanks are also less for your dedicated efforts Anu. bow.gif clap2.gif
parag_sankla
For last several weekends, we are seeing 8-10 videos being uploaded each week. And now the channel has become close to 300 videos.

Thanks Anu. Hope more and more people watch these videos and appreciate songs of Geeta ji.

Regards
Parag
Anupama
Oh Parag! Don't know what 2 say!

Parag, Swarapriyaji, Rashmiji & HB, thanks a lot for appreciating and acknowledging the work. This is just a small contribution compared to others' continuous, tireless efforts and generous work for the music community. I am glad that I could be a part of it. I congratulate you and the entire Geetaji team for reaching the landmark.
As I said earlier, I started the channel to promote the site www.geetadutt.com. I'm happy that our efforts are being paid off and appreciated not only on HF but by all other fans of Geetaji worldwide.
Many thanks again for your kind and encouraging words. I'm touched!
I'm proud to announce that we will be crossing 300 videos with my next weekend lot! Yippieeee!

Cheers,
Anu
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Anupama @ Jul 2 2009, 06:19 PM) *

Oh Parag! Don't know what 2 say!

Parag, Swarapriyaji, Rashmiji & HB, thanks a lot for appreciating and acknowledging the work. This is just a small contribution compared to others' continuous, tireless efforts and generous work for the music community. I am glad that I could be a part of it. I congratulate you and the entire Geetaji team for reaching the landmark.
As I said earlier, I started the channel to promote the site www.geetadutt.com. I'm happy that our efforts are being paid off and appreciated not only on HF but by all other fans of Geetaji worldwide.
Many thanks again for your kind and encouraging words. I'm touched!
I'm proud to announce that we will be crossing 300 videos with my next weekend lot! Yippieeee!

Cheers,
Anu

Anu

What you have been doing is nothing less than out of the world for fans of Geeta ji. We are getting a lot of visitors to our website www.geetadutt.com through the YT channel.

Warmest Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
And there is no exaggeration when I said that I never ever dreamt of seeing songs from films like Sansar or Darogaji or Mr Sampat.

Each of these songs is a gem and we all will keep savoring them for many years (as long as YT keeps the videos)

I spoke to Haimanti ji about this and she is happy for what we have been doing. If only we would have been in touch with her a little earlier, her tasks would have been much easier..

Nimii
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Jul 2 2009, 01:32 AM) *
A Million thanks are also less for your dedicated efforts Anu. bow.gif clap2.gif

Anu has always been resourceful and this is totally outstanding. Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way To Go Anu. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
parag_sankla
Nimmi

Nice to see you here. Hope you were checking our YT channel too all these days. Songs from films like Darogaji are Creme de La creme for us..

I can not imagine how much of efforts and time would Anu have taken to convert DVD/VCD/VHS into movie files for us.

Simply wonderful!

Regards
Parag
Anupama
QUOTE(Nimii @ Jul 3 2009, 12:14 AM) *

QUOTE(hildebrand @ Jul 2 2009, 01:32 AM) *

Anu has always been resourceful and this is totally outstanding. Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way To Go Anu. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

love.gif Thanks Nimmz!
parag_sankla
Great to see some appreciation of our YT channel on RMIM

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.i...3cc0b75360fb68c

Many thanks Anupama.

Anupama
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jul 26 2009, 09:34 PM) *

Great to see some appreciation of our YT channel on RMIM

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.i...3cc0b75360fb68c

Many thanks Anupama.

awww GR8!

Parag, please thank him on my n the team's behalf for appreciating the work.
parag_sankla
Yes, I have posted a message thanking him

Best Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
Geeta ji has sung the maximum number of duets with the great Mohd Rafi sahab. 31st July is the Punya Tithi (Death Anniversary) of this great singer. Geeta Dutt fans and our YT channel has paid a tribute to Rafi sahab here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b53OFLsnMyY...re=channel_page

Many thanks Anu.

Warmest Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
A comment on our YT channel by a visitor:

Thanks for all the great Geeta Dutt songs. Another Geeta Dutt classic song is "Kaali kamli wohdh ke aaye Bhakton Ke Bhagwan" . This song is from the movie
Bhakt Dhruva(1947-I think). The movie is out on VCD in India. Would be great if this song is added to your site.

Thanks and best regards

Praven

Does any one have the audio of this song?

Thanks
Parag
parag_sankla
Thanks Anu for posting the video of the song "Hum hain awara toh kya hain" from Aawara Abdullah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RjhMFfnA3g...feature=channel

This must be possibly the only Qawwali song sung by Geeta ji.

Best Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Aug 8 2009, 02:06 PM) *

Thanks for all the great Geeta Dutt songs. Another Geeta Dutt classic song is "Kaali kamli wohdh ke aaye Bhakton Ke Bhagwan" . This song is from the movie
Bhakt Dhruva(1947-I think).
 The movie is out on VCD in India. Would be great if this song is added to your site.

Thanks and best regards

Praveen

Thanks
Parag

Anu has responded saying that the song mentioned is from the film with the same name but released in the year 1957. EM database shows the composer name as Manna Dey sahab.

Thanks Anu for the correction.

Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
Many thanks Anu for the video of the song "Jab nain se nain mile"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc-CfRSiC0A...re=channel_page

Best Regards
Parag
Anupama
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Aug 10 2009, 10:36 AM) *

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Aug 8 2009, 02:06 PM) *

Bhakt Dhruva(1947-I think).
 The movie is out on VCD in India. Would be great if this song is added to your site.

Thanks and best regards

Praveen

Thanks
Parag

Anu has responded saying that the song mentioned is from the film with the same name but released in the year 1957. EM database shows the composer name as Manna Dey sahab.

Thanks Anu for the correction.

Regards
Parag

Parag, yes, the movie is from the year 1957 but the MDs are Basant Prakash & Avinash as per Ultraindia.com.

parag_sankla
Yes you are right Anu, the MD is indeed Avinash Vyas ji.

Thanks for the correction.

Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
When the post "The magic of maestro Avinash Vyas and the two Roys.." was written, we did not even dream of being able to see the videos of the two memorable songs from the film Mangal Phera (1949), namely the Garba song "Taaliyon naa taale" and the divine bhajan "Raakh Naa Ramakada".

http://www.geetadutt.com/blog/?p=629

And as if Anupama was listening to our prayers, the YT channel now has the videos of both of these songs:

Gujarati Film Soundtrack - Mangal Fera (1949) - Taaliona Taale Gori

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px0rSKmAS4g

Gujarati Film Soundtrack - Mangal Fera (1949) - Raakh Naa Ramakada Ne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuqPoupYK8c

Can not thank you enough Anu for this wonderful gift just after the birth anniversary of Geeta ji.

Warmest Regards
Parag
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.