Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anokhi Raat (1968)
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Roshan
swarapriya
Anokhi Raat (1968)

Here is another "Raat" movie Roshan gave music for (the other two being "Bheegi Raat" and "Barsaat Ki Raat"). There are some beautiful songs in this album as well. Apart from the fine solos by Asha, Lata, and Rafi, the standout of the album is Mukesh's song "Oh Re Taal Mile Nad Ke Jal Mein". Also, I am uploading Sonu Nigam's version of Rafi's "Mile Na Phool" from Sonu's "Never Forget Me" album where he pays tribute to Rafi Saab by singing some of his songs.

Hre are the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...
hildebrand
Interesting to note that one of its songs is quite popular today still due to remixes. Its a pity Roshan had to leave the world soon after.
Thanks for the uploads SP.
suhana_safar
Again another gem of an album. Most MD;s today would be lucky to produce 1 good original composition in 1 year let alone in a film and Roshan used to produce sevearl gems in 1 film.

More Tal Mile and milan ho ga along with the Rafisaab solos are super orginal compoistions, this is called true inspiration with perspiration. biggrin.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(hildebrand @ May 23 2009, 01:14 PM) *

Interesting to note that one of its songs is quite popular today still due to remixes. Its a pity Roshan had to leave the world soon after.
Thanks for the uploads SP.

Roshan was quietly magnificent.
swarapriya
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ May 23 2009, 01:56 PM) *

Again another gem of an album. Most MD;s today would be lucky to produce 1 good original composition in 1 year let alone in a film and Roshan used to produce sevearl gems in 1 film.

More Tal Mile and milan ho ga along with the Rafisaab solos are super orginal compoistions, this is called true inspiration with persporation. biggrin.gif

So many songs even in a single movie that linger in your memory for ever.
akbaralibhai
Thank you very much Swarapriya for this lovely album and other classic albums of Roshan.
Aditya Pant
I read somewhere that Roshan passed away before the recordings of all the songs were done, although he had composed all the songs. Mehlon Ka Raja Mila was recorded after his death by his wife Ira.
swarapriya
QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ May 23 2009, 04:24 PM) *

Thank you very much Swarapriya for this lovely album and other classic albums of Roshan.

You're very welcome Akbaralibhai.
swarapriya
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ May 23 2009, 06:58 PM) *

I read somewhere that Roshan passed away before the recordings of all the songs were done, although he had composed all the songs. Mehlon Ka Raja Mila was recorded after his death by his wife Ira.

Nice information, Aditya.
desai2rn
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 23 2009, 10:56 PM) *

Anokhi Raat (1968)

the standout of the album is Mukesh's song "Oh Re Taal Mile Nad Ke Jal Mein". to Rafi Saab by singing ...

Swraapriya,
Another superb u/l. Oh re taal miley is a very popular number even today. Anokhi raat was
a great movie but it seems the movie is known more by this song. I guess its magic touch of Mulesh-Roshan.

Thanks for your dedication to u/l ing such beautiful songs.

swarapriya
QUOTE(desai2rn @ May 24 2009, 10:18 AM) *

Swraapriya,
Another superb u/l. Oh re taal miley is a very popular number even today. Anokhi raat was
a great movie but it seems the movie is known more by this song. I guess its magic touch of Mulesh-Roshan.

Thanks for your dedication to u/l ing such beautiful songs.

You're very kind Ramesh. Cheers.
memsaab
This is a wonderful forum, thanks so much. Roshan was truly a gem!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.