Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bahu Begum (1967)
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Roshan
swarapriya
Bahu Begum (1967)

Here ia winner from Roshan. There are many beautiful songs in this album. Because of the number of them, I am uploading them in two posts, one followed by another. According to EarthMusic, I am missing one song from this album. This is shown in red italics below. Please share this song if you got it.

Now for the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Songs Of "Bahu Begum (1967)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album. The extended version of the song "Hum Intezaar" is by the courtesy of the Forum members.
Exon
Swarapriya,

Here is a minor change to the song listing.
'Aye mere diwaane dil' sounds like late 70s LP music.
I checked Sangeet's spreadsheet. It is from Bhagawat (1982).

Exon
Exon
SP,

Here is the missing song, obtained from the net.
If anyone has a better version, please upload.

Asha Bhosle:
sirf apne khayaalon ki parchhaiyan hai yaa koyi jalwe-naaz parde mein (Film ver: 2:02 \ 128)
Click to view attachment

Exon
swarapriya
QUOTE(Exon @ May 9 2009, 06:09 PM) *

Swarapriya,

Here is a minor change to the song listing.
'Aye mere diwaane dil' sounds like late 70s LP music.
I checked Sangeet's spreadsheet. It is from Bhagawat (1982).

Exon

Exon,

You probably are right. By the way what is this spreadsheet you're talking about here? Is this something available widely on the Internet?

Thanks,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
QUOTE(Exon @ May 9 2009, 07:44 PM) *

SP,

Here is the missing song, obtained from the net.
If anyone has a better version, please upload.

Asha Bhosle:
sirf apne khayaalon ki parchhaiyan hai yaa koyi jalwe-naaz parde mein (Film ver: 2:02 \ 128)
Click to view attachment

Exon

Thanks for the missing song Exon. Cheers. -Swarapriya
Exon
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 10 2009, 11:57 AM) *

Exon,

You probably are right. By the way what is this spreadsheet you're talking about here? Is this something available widely on the Internet?

Thanks,
Swarapriya

SP,

I am refering to the spreadsheet prepared by Sangeet and posted at the following link.
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=590625

Exon
hildebrand
Thanks SP and Exon. smile.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(hildebrand @ May 22 2009, 11:22 AM) *

Thanks SP and Exon. smile.gif

It's just pure fun. Cheers.
Aditya Pant
SP, If you allow I would like to post the film version of Nikle The Kahan. The extra 35 second of crooning by Asha Tai at the beginning is sheer magic.

Nikle The Kahan Jaane Ke Liye (Long) - Bahu Begum 1967 - Asha - Roshan - 128 - 05:26
Click to view attachment

Aditya
suhana_safar
Another super album, Hum intezar karenge - sung specially with keeping Pradeep Kumar in mind (as Rafisaab used to always do...something that only he had in his repertoire)...is a absolute winner.

The other Rafisaab solo is a very difficult song to sing due to the variable low range in the composition in which both Raoshan and Ravi excelled and one can find these songs primarily sung by Rafisaab.

Mana Dey and Rafisaab show what a great combination they were besides being good friends in the 2 qawalis.
swarapriya
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ May 25 2009, 06:48 PM) *

SP, If you allow I would like to post the film version of Nikle The Kahan. The extra 35 second of crooning by Asha Tai at the beginning is sheer magic.

Nikle The Kahan Jaane Ke Liye (Long) - Bahu Begum 1967 - Asha - Roshan - 128 - 05:26
Click to view attachment

Aditya

Of course Aditya. You don't need to have my permission to do this. It will be a pleasure to hear the song.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ May 25 2009, 08:58 PM) *

Another super album, Hum intezar karenge - sung specially with keeping Pradeep Kumar in mind (as Rafisaab used to always do...something that only he had in his repertoire)...is a absolute winner.

The other Rafisaab solo is a very difficult song to sing due to the variable low range in the composition in which both Raoshan and Ravi excelled and one can find these songs primarily sung by Rafisaab.

Mana Dey and Rafisaab show what a great combination they were besides being good friends in the 2 qawalis.

Thanks for the analysis of these songs, SS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.