Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Akshay Kumar - Hunk With A Heart
Hamara Forums > Films > Bollywood
oye_sonu
I have always been big fan of Akshay kumar. I liked his looks , stunts and comedy.(Though I feel he is not the best in all genre of acting m : p )

He along with Salman, Amir khan ,Sanjay dutt, are among the most popular hero "among guys". Given an option my frds may go all alone for any of these people's movie( except for SRK !). but if they are with their GFs they have to go for ONLY for a SRK romantic mvie. because SRK rarely works in non romantic movies. so Girls Women are all crazy over him just for this SINGLE reason .( Wo sochte honge atleast GF to saath mein ja rahe hai ;-) seh lenge SRK ko bhi thoda der )

Best thing about Akshay is that he does loves to help people. Dil da bura nahin hai

Akshay Kumar - Hunk with a heart
Click to view attachment

You cannot fault his moves on the dance floor, his stunts take your breath away, he is irresistible as the carefree casanova, his emotional fervour touches a cord and last but not the least, his flair for comedy is beguiling. Meet Akshay Kumar, the Garam Masala star who makes it a point to accommodate people who have helped him on his way to the top and gives special preference to Family ...

You have done 13 films with producer Keshu so far, Family being the 14th. What is it that binds you together, both personally and professionally?

Professionally, Keshu has always supported me throughtout my career. From our first film Saugandh and to Khakee, he has been bringing together the directors and units that are fresh, innovative and a pleasure to work with. In a way, we both have a similar vision.

You are reportedly playing a chef in Family. Saif Ali Khan played one in Salaam Namaste too. What is cooking with heroes these days?

Well, to answer that you’re going to have to go into their own kitchens and find out ...

What will Akshay Kumar dish out if a guest turns up at short notice?

A healthy refreshing smoothie, a shot of wheat grass, and a whole lot of courtesy ...

One always talks about chemistry between a hero and a heroine, an actor and a director but you share a special rapport with a senior actor, Amitabh Bachchan. Ek Rishta, Khakee, Aankhen, Waqt, Family ... are we going to see more of the two of you?

Mr Bachchan is, undoubtedly, the country’s if not the world’s greatest superstar. In my eyes, he will always be my hero. At the moment, we are just wrapping up Family together, and a few other projects are still being discussed.

Has your relationship with Bachchan changed over the years?

Working with Mr Bachchan is always a pleasant and very educational experience. I say educational because with every film we do and after each day on the sets, I feel I have taken in so much from him. Directly, indirectly, or just through my observation I learn immensely through him, his performance, and his overall powerful presence. Our relationship has definitely grown, we connect on so many different levels, and learn so much from each other. I must confess that after doing so many films with him, sometimes I still can’t believe it, I mean, he’s my childhood hero!

In Garam Masala, there are three sexy heroines but you seem to have really bonded with John Abraham. What do two studs talk about when they get together?

Obviously women, women, ... and more women! No, jokes aside, John and I connected from the first day we met. We really do have a lot in common and similar passions and interests.
We spend hours talking about our fitness regimes, sharing tips and secrets, marital arts, and cinema. John really shows me a lot of respect and he is a very humble and down-to-earth boy, yet carries himself with a lot of confidence. I wish him well.

Do you think Phir Hera Pheri, a sequel to the laugh-riot Hera Pheri, will work given the fact that sequels don’t find a following in our country? Tell us something about the film and your role.

Ok, I’m going to be honest, the only reason why sequels have not worked in this industry is because they haven’t been as good or up to par as their originals. Phir Hera Pheri is a well-thought out and conceived sequel! I don’t know if I can say it will be better than the original, but it definitely has its own charm and will be a refreshing experience for the audience.

What is it about you that every producer and director, from Suneel Darshan, Priyadarshan, Abbas-Mustan, keep repeating you?

All the mentioned directors and producers are great human beings. They all know how to treat their artistes and the entire unit. They are generous, considerate and extremely supportive to their whole team. So in return, I have always been the same. Also, I am an easy-going, amiable person which is why the producers treat me like a family. I guess it’s my highly professional attitude, respect, and integrity that I bring on the sets each day and will continue to do so that the producers count upon.

You always mention Jaanwar as the turning point in your career. After that, is there any other role that has made as much of an impact on your career?

Well, I think each film of mine after Jaanwar has been significant to my career and as an actor. Ajnabee got me my first popular award, so that speaks for itself. Khakee and Mujshe Shaadi Karogi helped me realise my comic timing and ability, and all nominations at all major award functions speak for my achievements as an actor this year. My films and characters have been diverse.

In Dhadkan you had liked Sunil Shetty’s role and so in Bewafaa Dharmesh let you play a "betrayed" lover. But Dhadkan was a hit and Bewafaa did only average business. Did your loverboy image go against you?

I feel Dhadkan and Bewafaa were both quality films, however, Dhadkan was stronger from a charater point of view. It was a complete character-driven film, in which each character was strongly written and portrayed and that worked! Bewafaa had a few characters so it was difficult for the viewer to connect with each one.

With Waqt- Race Against Time, you turned a distributor. The film has been a big hit. Will you distribute more films?

Waqt was more than a film to me and my family. I was very emotionally connected to the film, its characters, and story. If in the future, a film has that same impact I will definitely consider it. I guess you could say I’m a bad businessman because I make emotional decisions not calculated ones. (Recently, the star performed at the annual Diwali fundraiser for Trillium Health Centre in Canada to generate funds for cancer patients. Not only did he forgo his fees, he also roped in other stars like Lara Dutta and Sukbhir to perform.)

Tell us about your forthcoming films?

I have a very diverse lot of films lined up in which I play a variety of characters and each film is distinctive. There’s Garam Masala, Jaaneman, Deewane Huye Pagal, Dosti and many more.

What is your contibution to your wife’s successful store ‘White Window’?

Tina is a very bright woman so passionate about what she does. She truly is amazing at it. My contribution is just being there and supporting each new project she takes up! She is very ambitious, and we are great support systems for each other.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/ar/i/actors/59/3/general/3/
oye_sonu
Akshay kumar heart of gold ?

--> ) Donates 5 lakhs in 1999 to Indian army( fig figure considering he was not doing so well tht time).Apart from two programs he did for them at that time!

----->> Akshay Kumar pledged a gift of $51,000 in honour of his father, who died of prostate cancer in 2000. Harold G. Shipp, a businessman and philanthropist, matched both Kumar’s gift and the $200,000 raised by the event, bringing the total amount raised for Trillium to over $500,000.

He laterz raised more funds laterz for this center. ( I think, did two programs for it )

---->> Akshay kumar Donates 25 lakh for bihar flood victims. also adopted one village
link :- Here

---->> Akshay kumar donates for blessed hearts foundation - link [url=http://allbollywood.com/news/bd/2009/0201/384673/akshay_kumar/index.shtml]here
[/url]

-->> AKshay donates all money from his relgious album for Mumbai blast victims .

(Akshay has always been associated with causes close to his heart. Besides being a 'Good Heart Ambassador' he is also the Brand Ambassador for 'Special Olympics.' Even when he was the distributor for WAQT in the Mumbai territory, which reaped in huge profits, Akshay donated the entire sum to the Trillium Hospital in Toronto. )

link here

-->> Donates all the profit he gets from hit film Waqt to Trillium health

--- >>> Akshay promises to sponsor 6 wrestlers for 5 years
link video here

-->> Akshay(son arnav) adopts one village for greenathon project. adoption will cost equivalent to Rs 3 lakh ! link here

Hats off to you Akshay !

god bless you !

Sonu
oye_sonu
That was the first time Akshay got any award for "best actor" . and even then he felt that he didnt deserved it but Aamir deserved it for Ghazini !

Salute to you Akshay !

Sonu

Akshay refuses Award , says Aamir deserved it !

Akshay Kumar the undisputed king of Bollywood carries a grief with him of not winning the Best Actor Award ever in his life. But the actor surprised everyone with his humbleness and humility when he refused to accept the Most Popular Actor Award for his performance in Singh Is Kinng. Akshay's argued that Aamir Khan deserved it more for his performance in Ghajini.

Akshay said that Aamir had delivered an awesome performance in Ghajini and it is he who deserved the award. He requested Aamir to accept the award in his place. Akshay's gesture has earned him praises from all quarters in Bollywood and set the right tone for his latest movie Chandni Chowk To China. It will be interesting to see if Aamir accepts the awards considering his dislike for attending award functions.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bollywood...ard-160109.html
oye_sonu
Akshay to work free of cost in a movie on AIDS

Akshay Kumar will be working for free the first time. And thanks to Priyadarshan’s father who has provoked Priyan into getting gritty.

Priyadarshan broke down and wept when his academician-father K.V. Nair, a severe critic of his son’s work now ailing in hospital, saw his son’s work in Kanjeevaram. “My father never liked any of my films. Never. Not one. When he saw Kanjeevaram he told me for the first time he was proud of me. It was the most liberating moment of my life. I felt I had achieved all I had set out to as a filmmaker.”

And now Priyan intends to make one film every year that will come straight from the heart. Akshay Kumar won’t charge the prolific Priyadarshan a single rupee for the film on AIDS that they will be collaborating over in August.

This is the first time that Akshay has agreed to work gratis. Could it have something to do with recession and the way the superstar’s latest film has fared at the box office?

“None of the above!” quips the prolific Priyan. “Recession has certainly hit Bollywood. My sequel to Malaamal Weekly has been shelved because it’s no longer commercially viable. But a film with Akshay Kumar or Shahrukh Khan is certainly not endangered by recession. Akshay has no cause for worry. His fee, like mine, has to vary according to the nature of the project.”

Priyan whose directorial charges are self-admittedly Rs.11 crores, has opted for a voluntary cut in future projects . “The price factor will depend on the project. A film directed by me starring Darsheel Safary like Bam Bam Bhole can’t be sold at the same price as a film with me and Akshay. At the same time when when Akshay and I are doing, a stark film on AIDS, we both leave our negotiating abilities behind. But when we work on a big project De Dana Dan, none of us is buying the recession theory. I think a lot of producers are using recession as an excuse for underpayment.”

The AIDS film which Priyan will direct in August is that one mandatory from-the-heart film that director has decided to make every year. “I’ve to do those films that I believe in alongside the ones that the audience wants from me. The AIDS film will be a songless 1 hour 50 minute presentation. It’s for a cause and therefore worthy of a cut. Even Paresh Rawal is not charging any money for this film.”

http://worldoftimepass.com/bollywood/aksha...-film-for-free/

Marcilo
I have always been big fan of Akshay kumar. I liked his looks , stunts and comedy.(Though I feel he is not the best in all genre of acting m : p )

dilli da iss laiyee???
oye_sonu
QUOTE(Marcilo @ Mar 17 2009, 03:19 AM) *

dilli da iss laiyee???

Nahin nahin...........Dilli da te Shoo rook bhi hega. Wasie hi changa lagda !

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.