Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cannot Run Regedit And Ie Homepage Hijacked
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
sbiswas2005
Dear Friends,

I need one help from you. Yesterday my system has been corrupted by some viruses and malwares. It has hijacked my IE homepage and cannot run regedit also. I have tried a lot but could not recover it. Without my system I am totally helpless. Can u give me any good antivirus which can give me 100% (or at least 90%) protection. Recently I am using NOD32 and earlier it was Panda Internet Security (when my system attacked by virus). So, according to you which AV is reliable and which one you suggest?

I want immediate remedy for the above two probs.

Thanks in advance.

Subir
vin_nidhi
Kaspersky Internet Security is one of the best product for internet security.
I have been using it for couple of years and had no issues.

Regards,
Vinayak
sbiswas2005
Thanks a lot Vinayak ji...I will try it. biggrin.gif

Subir
Marcilo
Its really strange that you can't run regedit. What error message you get? Have you traversed to directory where file is located? At times path settings go haywire. Please try running regedit with full path.

Since you are going to registry that will indicate you have narrowed down on type of virus definition, have you looked if that particular virus causes issues with regedit.

So, according to you which AV is reliable and which one you suggest?

None, unless you update virus definitions regularly. I personally do not use any antivirus, I have tight security on registry and all executables. Apart from "ignore list" any executable that runs on my PC prompts me before running, its painful at times when you see message that says "Acrobat reader wants to run" but that way I know for sure what i am running. Along with this any modifications to registry is prompted, if I deny changes, registry is not modified.

sbiswas2005
Thanks for your reply Marcilo..

Actually some malwares were responsible for this mishap. I have run "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware". That is very good free software and cleaned all the malwares from my system. Now it is fine.

Can u pls tell me in detail that without AV how can I protect my system??? I mean the process you follow...

Thanks in advance.

Subir
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.