Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Musical Launch Of Kumar Sanus Film
Hamara Forums > Music > Singers > Kumar Sanu
Pradeep
- Screenindia.com

Kumar Sanu hit the nail on the head when he said,Please do not ask me who are my stars. This is a musical launch, and the stars will be there at the launch of my shooting. I do not want my musical launch to be dominated by stars with no attention paid to the music team, the way it happens all the time!

He stated that two top-brackets stars have been signed as the lead pair in this triangular love story set in the 1930s in Benares, named Vasundhara. This Kumar Sanu Communications film was launched with a song recording December 21 at Sanus Sana Studios. Written by Sudhakar Sharma, the song was rendered by Alka Yagnik and Kumar Sanu (who also composed the song) and arranged by veteran Pyarelal, who will also compose the background music. The other singers will include Kavita Subramaniam and Shreya Ghosal.
jaidevws
Could someone pls u/l the song
Mera Mulk Mera Desh from film "Diljale" sung by Kumar Sanu

Thanks,

Jaidev
kurtcobain
Playback singer Kumar Sanu launched K.S. Communications P. Ltd.'s
UTTHAAN with an initial shooting stint on a set erected at Micanos
Pub. Gul sounded the mahurat clap and Kumar Sanu cracked the coconut,
while Priyanshu Chatterjee and Neha Dhupia faced the camera for the
mahurat shot. Cast: Priyanshu Chatterjee, Neha Dhupia, Priti Puri,
Akhilendra Mishra, Vijayendra Ghatge, Anang Desai, Avtar Gill, Manoj
Tiwari, Vinita Malik and Sayaji Shinde. Producer-music: Kumar Sanu.
Story-director: Ujjwal Chatterjee. Lyrics: Sudhakar Sharma.
Cinematographer: Vivek Bannerjee. Art: Jayant Deshmukh.

wow !!,
priyanshu and neha dhupia will look GREAT on screen together !!!

waiting for the movie UTTHAAN thumbs-up.gif
iqbal

Singing a new tune

Playback singer Kumar Sanu is hoping to hit the high notes as a movie producer, says Sushmita Biswas

He shot to fame as a singer, but there’s more to Kumar Sanu than just music. Now that he has hit the high notes as a singer, Sanu is moving into an entirely new league by producing three Hindi films in a row under his banner Kumar Sanu Communications. First on the sets will be Vasundhara. “I had been toying with the idea of getting into production for a long time and when I heard the script, I thought it presented the right opportunity.”

This isn’t Sanu’s first foray into the movie world. A few years ago, he made his debut as a producer with a Bengali film titled Gaane Bhuban Bhoriye Debo. This time around, Vasundhara is based on Sarat Chandra’s Aandhare Aalo and it will star Urmila Matondkar. Though the male lead has not been finalised yet, talks are on with some of the industry’s biggest names including Abhishek Bachchan, Vivek Oberoi and Bobby Deol. And if this wasn’t enough to ensure the initial draw, the film will also see choreographer Saroj Khan doing the dance sequences while musician Pyarelal makes a comeback as an arranger. Apart from producing the film, Kumar Sanu also makes his debut as music director in Vasundhara. “I have two other films in the pipeline — one called Utthan and another untitled film based on Tagore’s novel Shesher Kobita,” says Sanu.

Why the sudden plunge into film production? Says Sanu, “The film industry has now become far more mature as directors are willing to experiment with fresh ideas. At this point in my career, I am looking for something substantial and film production was an obvious choice.”

But film production is just a one-off thing; music remains the be-all and end-all of Sanu’s life. Born Kedar Bhattacharya, his journey to Kumar Sanu has been an eventful one — from a Calcutta University commerce graduate who grew up in North Calcutta to the Hindi film music superstar. Initially described as a ‘clone of Kishore Kumar’, Sanu soon evolved his own style. He started out with a dream and lots of ambition, but little did he realise that he was about to sign a long-term contract with good fortune thanks to just one film: Jadoogar in which Kalyanji-Anandji signed him on as a playback singer to lend his voice to Amitabh Bachchan. Then, the film Aashiqui shot him into the limelight and had the entire country humming along to his tunes.

It helps that Sanu has always re-invented and repackaged himself every time boredom threatened to get the better of him. He even has a listing in the Guinness Book of World Records for recording 28 songs in a single day, but he still insists that it’s crucial to understand the pulse of the listeners. “I like to move with the times and that’s why my songs are fresh. My music is not only different but distinctive,” he says.

Having grown up listening to Rahul Dev Burman and Kishore Kumar, Sanu considers himself fortunate to have worked with the former in 1942: A Love Story. “I’m lucky that Burmanda had so much faith in me. And if those songs are hits, the credit goes to him for extracting the best from the singers,” he adds.

For Sanu, it’s extremely important to strike a connection with the director about the kind of music he wants. Though his favourites include Nadeem-Shravan, he’s comfortable working with all music directors. “There are no fixed ideas and there is a lot of freedom to sing. I feel preparation is a vital part of music as without it, the spontaneity goes haywire. Though I always have a rough concept in my mind, I’m open to suggestions. It’s important to have an open mind while singing,” he adds. Among the huge list of the films he has sung for is Saajan, Aashiqui, Deewana, Hum Aaapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain, Dilwale, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Soldier, Phool Aur Kante and Albela. Right now, he’s also looking forward to films like Shabd, Wada, Mere Jeevan Saathi and Gumnaam.
Like several of his contemporaries who cut their own albums, Sanu too tasted success with the release of his two collections, Tera Mera Pyaar on Sony Music and Mashooka on Venus with singer Alka Yagnik. “Both these albums are close to my heart as the compositions are different. Moreover, I got to work with Bappi Lahiri in the latter after a long time and it was a wonderful experience altogether,” he says.

Given the kind of music he’s done, how does he rate himself as a singer? “I am a romantic person by nature and so my music also reflects my identity. It’s heartening to note that the audience today is responding to different kinds of music and as a result, composers are also doing honest work. Thankfully, there’s no question of being slotted. I want to continue singing all kinds of music and at the same time also keep in mind the saleability factor,” he says.

As a singer Sanu, however laments the chaotic state of the music industry today. “Everywhere you look, there are talent hunts produced by some big banners. But I really doubt how far these singers will go in the long run. Nowadays, singers want to achieve success without hard work. That affects the quality of the songs,” he rues.

But he’s careful to emphasise that neither the awards nor the trophies he’s won have made him complacent. A jet-setting lifestyle and a slew of records and honours later, Kumar Sanu claims that he is still unaffected by all the adulation. “Awards are momentary and after a certain point of time, people don’t even remember how many awards you have got. What lasts forever are the songs and I want to be remembered as a passionate singer.”

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050115/asp/...ory_4230316.asp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.