Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hildebrand Ki Peshkash Ek Khanakti Awaaz
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Singers > Shamshad Begum
Pages: 1, 2, 3
hildebrand
Starting this thread to post some songs of Shamshad ji I simply love.

Starting with this lovely song from shama 1946 sung by Shamshad ji and Hamida ji.

I have fallen in love with the song since I heard it.

Here are the lyrics I wrote after hearing it:-

Dil thandi hawa mein haan haan haan uda jaaye re piya ki yaad aaye
bheeni bheeni khushbu ha ha ha ha mehki mehki hawa hai
mehki mehki fiza hai haan haan tumhari kasam tum bina yeh sab khiza hai
phoolon ka khilna mujhe na suhaaye

dil thandi hawa mein haan haan uda jaaye piya ki yaad aaye

koyal ki koo koo piya piya bole
hey mere man mein haan mora manwa dole
meri duniya mein halchal machaye koyaliya jab tu gaaye piya ki yaad aaye

kattti nahi jab chandni raatein chanda se karti hoon do do baatein
chanda re teri chandni piya ki yaad dilaaye
har sitaare mein pee nazar aaye aankh mein hain samaaye piya ki yaad aaye

dil thandi hawa mein ...

Details of the song:-

Dil Thandi hawa mein
Shamshad Begum, Hamida
Shama (1946)
64 kbps
02:56
simplefable
HB..thanks for this recommendation. Would love to hear this. Actually i always feel that Shamshad ji..is one of those beautiful people who never got any appreciation... smile.gif
hildebrand
This second song I am uploading is another song I have really fallen in love. The reason is not just because of her singing. Its because Qamar Jalalabadi sahab has written an absolutely delightful multilingual song here with lots of humour.

S.D. Burman sahab composed for this song.
In this song the heroine is running from different suitors of different languages and tells about it.
Lyrics are reproduced below to the best of my capability:-
(Yeh Duniya Roop Ki Chor)2
(Bacha Le Mohe Babu)2
Yeh Duniya Roop Ki Chor

Oh Oh Oh ho ho ho
Raste mein mila ek bengali dhoti dheeli dhaali
Raste mein mila ek bengali darshan ka abhilashi
woh kehne laga kya
woh kehne laga
jol khaabe rosogulla khabe
aur kehne laga
aami tumi bhaalo bhashi
maayi ri bhaalo bhaalo bhaalo bhashi
main kya janoon aami tumi
main bhaagi tumhari or
bacha le mujhe babu baabu re

hui mulakaat meri ek gujrati se
kehne laga mujhe saaru chhe saaru chhe
su chhe kem chhe kem chhe
mhare te angane ek baar aawjo
mhaare the aangane ek baar aawajo
main kya janoon aawjo jaawjo
Main bhaagi tumhari Or
(Bacha Le mujhe babu)2 babu re

yeh duniya roop ki chor

Ek Maratha sahab aala
aate hi sab kare gadbad kare asa kaaye
kasakaye kabhi kehta basakaye askaye dasakaye
chatak chandni zara ekde aaiye
jee jee jee
poola pacha zara ekde aaiye
jee jee jee
main kya janoon ekde tikde
main bhaagi tumhari or
(Bacha Le Mujhe babu)2 babu re
yeh duniya roop ki chor

Hey hey ey
ek madrasi laga bulaane ey ey
main lagi jaane to woh lga gaane ey ey
Chakra pane adi rukmani ey en haad vandane ked vandade
ey ey
Chakra pane adi rukmani ey ille naadi vandane ked vandade
ey ey ey
ey ey ey he sun ke mujhe ho gaya bukhar
main bhagi tumhari Or
yeh duniya roop ki chor

Oh Oh aah aah
Raste mein mila ek punjabi
kehne laga teri ankhiyan gulaabi teri ankhiyan gulaabi
Oh Oh Oh Oh balle balle balle oh wuaaaaaah
oh balliye o lacchiye oh sohniye malaaiye
keeta ae mainu sharaabi
chup kar ke gaddi ich bai ja
te rohengi chaped khayengi chayee chayee
chayee chayee sun ke chapali utaar ke
bhaagi tumhari Or
yeh duniya roop ki chor

Yeh Duniya Roop Ki Chor
Movie: Shabnam (1946)
Singer: Shamshad Begum
MD: S.D. Burman
Lyrics: Qamar Jalalabadi
64 kbps
04:55
simplefable
Thanks again...HB. smile.gif
hildebrand
QUOTE(simplefable @ Nov 28 2008, 06:20 PM) *

HB..thanks for this recommendation. Would love to hear this. Actually i always feel that Shamshad ji..is one of those beautiful people who never got any appreciation... smile.gif

Personally my opinion is she got lots of appreciation. She has probably the biggest hit ratios in her songs. The biggest appreciation is that almost all the later to be great music directors started their careers with her and she gave them their first hits.
She has hits in almost all the years. She always lived on her own terms. She chose the price she would be paid and very elegantly left the industry at the top. (Her husband died in 1955 and i don't know for sure if this was one of the reasons for leaving). Not everyone can do that. She sang for the joy, not the money and it shows.

Because of her being publicity shy, I feel our generation has been robbed of lots of information about her. (She refused to be photographed. Till years after she stopped no one knew how she looked). She's hardly done any interviews as well. She just used to sing! (no publicity, no politics). Thats very rare in an artist and I really appreciate that in here.
I am glad a book is now available to do some repair for the shaukeen people like us.
jairaj
Hildebrandji,
Thank you for the lovely songs of Shamshad Begumsaiba. She was truly a unique singer.
You are right, in those days the singers were singing for the love of music and songs.
That is why the emotions in the songs are from the heart. today we hear songs, but it is
all about music and very little poertry. Gone are the days of Shakeel Badayuni, Kaifi Azmi,
and many many more, great poets.
Keep up the good work.
hildebrand
Today, I came across something which made me extremely happy.

Our friend simple fable ji has given a video of shamshad ji's interview which apparently was uploaded sometime back on HF.
Seeing the interview made me realise even more what a simple and practical person she is. A true artiste.
Uploading the clip for others to enjoy as well.

Thanks a lot to SF ji and the original uploaders of the video.

hildebrand
QUOTE(jairaj @ Nov 28 2008, 08:58 PM) *

Hildebrandji,
Thank you for the lovely songs of Shamshad Begumsaiba. She was truly a unique singer.
You are right, in those days the singers were singing for the love of music and songs.
That is why the emotions in the songs are from the heart. today we hear songs, but it is
all about music and very little poertry. Gone are the days of Shakeel Badayuni, Kaifi Azmi,
and many many more, great poets.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks Jairaj ji
I agree 100% with the sentiment. The quality of poetry then was something else in every aspect. Glad you like my posts.
Faraaj73
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Nov 28 2008, 11:35 PM) *

Starting this thread to post some songs of Shamshad ji I simply love.

Starting with this lovely song from shama 1946 sung by Shamshad ji and Hamida ji.

I have fallen in love with the song since I heard it.

Here are the lyrics I wrote after hearing it:-

Dil thandi hawa mein haan haan haan uda jaaye re piya ki yaad aaye
bheeni bheeni khushbu ha ha ha ha mehki mehki hawa hai
mehki mehki fiza hai haan haan tumhari kasam tum bina yeh sab khiza hai
phoolon ka khilna mujhe na suhaaye

koyal ki koo koo piya piya bole
hey mere man mein haan mora manwa dole
meri duniya mein halchal machaye koyaliya jab tu gaaye piya ki yaad aaye

kattti nahi jab chandni raatein chanda se karti hoon do do baatein
chanda re teri chandni piya ki yaad dilaaye
har sitaare mein pee nazar aaye aankh mein hain samaaye piya ki yaad aaye

dil thandi hawa mein ...

Details of the song:-

Dil Thandi hawa mein
Shamshad Begum, Hamida
Shama (1946)
64 kbps
02:56

Hildbrand Ji

Really nice song! Thanks for starting this thread.....the Shamshad forum should never be quiet!

Kind Regards
Faraaj
hildebrand
Faraaj ji
Glad to know you too love the wonderful song and like my idea of the thread.
I agree shamshad begum community should never be quiet. As always my threads are open to posts by others. I just make them so that I can organise and put in one place. Feel free to add to it.
hildebrand
Some weeks back I had read an interview of Shamshad ji. In that interview she was asked if she had any regrets in life. She said she had only one - the fact that she couldn't sing a duet with K.L. Sehgal sahab! When she says this you know exactly what she means. A duet of theirs would have been real magic, definitely. Going on further she says that in the 1946 movie Shahjehan both had songs separately probably for the only time. When she went to one of the recordings she saw sehgal sahab and went up to him. Due to her publicity shy nature sehgal sahab didn't recognise her. When somebody introduced her to him he was very happy and told her very lovingly - Kudiye tu te bada achche gaane gaan di ae (Girl, you sing very good songs). She says this recognition from her idol is one of her happiest moments due to this compliment she got.
Very touching indeed. Everyone of course knows this movie was the last one for which Sehgal sahab sang since he died some months later.

I am uploading a shamshad begum song from the same movie Shahjehan for your ears. I dedicate it to both these artistes who have given happiness to millions of hearts. Its a wonderfully sung song by her.

Jawani Ke Daaman Ko Rangeen Bana Le
Shamshad Begum
Shah Jehan (1946)
Naushad (Music)
Majrooh Sultanpuri (Lyrics)
128 kbps
06:43
Faraaj73
Thanks Hildebrand Ji

I read somewhere that Manto also expressed his regret about Noorjehan never singing with Saigal. It would have been magic to hear him with Shamshad...or Lata or Noorjehan. He died too young...

I'm adding another lovely and lively Shamshad song from Shahjehan....192 kbps/mp3.

Click to view attachment

Kind Regards
Faraaj
hildebrand
Yes Faraaj ji
I agree. This is one of the many tragedies of indian music which robbed us of many beautiful songs.

Thanks for posting this lovely song. (infact I was thinking of posting its video). Uploading it now to compliment your great 192 kbps audio. (Although I am sorry quality is not very good. But then getting 40s videos in excellent quality is always a problem)
Faraaj73
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Nov 30 2008, 11:32 PM) *

Yes Faraaj ji
I agree. This is one of the many tragedies of indian music which robbed us of many beautiful songs.

Thanks for posting this lovely song. (infact I was thinking of posting its video). Uploading it now to compliment your great 192 kbps audio. (Although I am sorry quality is not very good. But then getting 40s videos in excellent quality is always a problem)

Hi Hildebrand

Thanks for the excellent video. The quality is fine for the 1940s. I plan to post 2-3 videos on another thread and it would be helpful if you let me know by reply or PM how I can get the image to show in my post (which appears to be a rule for posting videos).

I'm posting a wonderful obscure Shamshad song which was originally uploaded a few months back by Kirat Pal Saab. Its really one of her very best - a Rafique Ghaznavi composition from Taqdeer (1943) - really good! 128 kbps/mp3. Song details are in the file name..

Enjoy!

Click to view attachment

Kind Regards
Faraaj
hildebrand
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Dec 1 2008, 12:19 PM) *

Hi Hildebrand

Thanks for the excellent video. The quality is fine for the 1940s. I plan to post 2-3 videos on another thread and it would be helpful if you let me know by reply or PM how I can get the image to show in my post (which appears to be a rule for posting videos).

I'm posting a wonderful obscure Shamshad song which was originally uploaded a few months back by Kirat Pal Saab. Its really one of her very best - a Rafique Ghaznavi composition from Taqdeer (1943) - really good! 128 kbps/mp3. Song details are in the file name..

Enjoy!
Kind Regards
Faraaj

Hi Faraaj ji
I basically use a software (called Ksnapshot which is not available yet for windows) to capture a portion of the screen when I am playing the video. I think the following procedure will work for you:-
1. Play the video in your favourite movie player software.
2. Do a printscreen and the snapshot shall go to the clipboard.
3. Open Paint or another image processing software like gimp.
4. Paste the image from clipboard there. That can be saved and uploaded with the video.

That should be enough. If you want to use such a software as ksnapshot you have the option of using snagit and screenhunter.
If you use paint ensure that you save as jpg to get a lighter file.

I also have a small problem. Some of the old audio files I have are very low bitrate. I am using the lame mp3 encoder but it doesn't give me a conversion to a higher bitrate than 64 kbps. What software do you use to convert the oldies to higher bitrate?

Thanks for posting it in higher bitrate. i had a lower bitrate version earlier.
smile3.gif
Faraaj73
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Dec 2 2008, 04:53 AM) *

smile3.gif

Hi Hildebrand Ji

Thanks for the reply back. I'm not knowledgeable on the technical side of audio conversion. For CDs, when I put them in the PC, and play on Windows Media Player or VLC Media Player, I can automatically rip them and also define the bit-rate. VLC is really easy for choosing the format i.e. mp3 etc. I used to rip at 192 kbps but find no difference between 192 or 128 kbps.

Most of the songs uploaded on HF e.g. Mohe Dono Taraf Ka Khayal are at 128 kbps.

Kind Regards
Faraaj
hildebrand
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Dec 2 2008, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(hildebrand @ Dec 2 2008, 04:53 AM) *

smile3.gif

Hi Hildebrand Ji

Thanks for the reply back. I'm not knowledgeable on the technical side of audio conversion. For CDs, when I put them in the PC, and play on Windows Media Player or VLC Media Player, I can automatically rip them and also define the bit-rate. VLC is really easy for choosing the format i.e. mp3 etc. I used to rip at 192 kbps but find no difference between 192 or 128 kbps.

Most of the songs uploaded on HF e.g. Mohe Dono Taraf Ka Khayal are at 128 kbps.

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Hello Faraaj ji
Glad to be of help. Conversion from CDs is not an issue for me either. I seemed to be having that problem for some particular files only which were going to 64 kbps inspite of asking for 128 kbps. I have tried a new software today. Situation is slightly improved with that. Thanks for your reply.
Faraaj73
[quote name='hildebrand' date='Dec 2 2008, 08:41 PM' post='553272']
[quote name='Faraaj73' post='553252' date='Dec 2 2008, 12:50 PM']
[quote name='hildebrand' post='553164' date='Dec 2 2008, 04:53 AM']

[/quote]

Hello Faraaj ji
Glad to be of help. Conversion from CDs is not an issue for me either. I seemed to be having that problem for some particular files only which were going to 64 kbps inspite of asking for 128 kbps. I have tried a new software today. Situation is slightly improved with that. Thanks for your reply.
[/quote]
Hildebrand Ji

Good to know the situation is improved - so now you can also add some rare pieces to the Lesser and Unknown thread! I'm trying to be patient but really looking forward to your uploads! rolleyes.gif

Kind Regards
Faraaj
Faraaj73
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Nov 28 2008, 11:56 PM) *

This second song I am uploading is another song I have really fallen in love. The reason is not just because of her singing. Its because Qamar Jalalabadi sahab has written an absolutely delightful multilingual song here with lots of humour.

In this song the heroine is running from different suitors of different languages and tells about it.
(Bacha Le Mohe Babu)2
Yeh Duniya Roop Ki Chor

Hildebrand Ji

The video for this song was great too. Kamini Kaushal was superb in it. No wonder Dilip fell in love with her!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Kind Regards
Faraaj
hildebrand
Faraaj ji
Give me some time. mellow.gif . I will definitely upload atleast a few songs maybe by the weekend.
hildebrand
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Dec 3 2008, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(hildebrand @ Nov 28 2008, 11:56 PM) *

(Bacha Le Mohe Babu)2
Yeh Duniya Roop Ki Chor

Hildebrand Ji

The video for this song was great too. Kamini Kaushal was superb in it. No wonder Dilip fell in love with her!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Faraaj ji
Thanks for the upload of the video. Marked it for download soon. There seems to be a problem with taking snapshot. It appears to be black to me or is it a browser problem?
hildebrand
Posted audio and video of her duet with Geeta ji from Shabnam - Mera Dil Tadpa ke Kahan Chala here
hildebrand
Posted her duet with Geeta ji from Actress, O Gori Tora Banka Chhalla (both versions) here
hildebrand
Posted her first duet with Geeta Dutt from Bairam Khan, Jab Chaand jawaan hoga here
Devje
TITLE.................:Zeher Khana Magar Dil Lagaana Nahin
SINGER(s).........:SHAMSHAD BEGUM
FILM..................:Sheesh Mahal
MD....................:Vasant Desai
LYRIC................:Shams Lucknavi
FORMAT.............:MP3
BITRATE............:128kbps
DURATION.........:3.20

here :

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=556327
RajanCS
Today I heard a Shamshad Duet (I think the male singer was S. D. Batish). The words were

O Tere Gaon Mein Sajan mora dil na lage mohe dilli shahr dikhla de.

I would like to know details of this song - Film, year, singers (Male voice to be confirmed), Lyricist and the MD>

Request any member in the know to please share this info.

Regards,

Rajan
hildebrand
QUOTE(RajanCS @ Feb 15 2009, 07:20 PM) *

Today I heard a Shamshad Duet (I think the male singer was S. D. Batish). The words were

I would like to know details of this song - Film, year, singers (Male voice to be confirmed), Lyricist and the MD>

Regards,

Rajan

Hi Rajan
The male voice is indeed of S.D. Batish. The other details are as follows:-
Film: Chor
Music: Pt Govindram
Lyrics: Harish Bhardwaj

I also would like to have the song. Perhaps it can be uploaded by someone for us.
RajanCS
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Feb 17 2009, 10:28 PM) *

QUOTE(RajanCS @ Feb 15 2009, 07:20 PM) *

Regards,

Rajan

Hi Rajan
The male voice is indeed of S.D. Batish. The other details are as follows:-
Film: Chor
Music: Pt Govindram
Lyrics: Harish Bhardwaj

I also would like to have the song. Perhaps it can be uploaded by someone for us.

HB,

Thanks for the info. I have updated the tag.

In fact, I got this song last week from net. However, I did not want to move it to its permanent destination without proper tagging. It is a lovely song. Here it is:

Bitrate: 128 kbps
Duration: 00:02:59
Click to view attachment

Enjoy,

Sincere regards,

Rajan
hildebrand
You are most welcome Rajan.
Thanks for the upload.
Request you to upload any of pre-47 songs of hers you have
Faraaj73
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Feb 18 2009, 08:12 PM) *

Thanks for the upload.

Hildebrand

I have a few good ones - not as many as I'd like from that period! Let me know if you need any of them uploaded here. Rajan Bhai can upload any good ones not in the below list - as can other generous contributors...by the way, she sang non-filmi during that period as well....

1935 Bharat Ki Beti - Shamshad (as Radhe Rani) - Mein Tere Poojan Ko Bhagwan
1941 Zamindar - Shamshad - Duniya Mein Gharibon Ko
1941 Zamindar - Shamshad - Mere Haal Par Bebasi (24 kbps)
1942 Nazrana - Shamshad - Ek Raat Ko Pakre Gaye
1943 Pagli - Naseem Akhtar, Shamshad - Yeh Geet Papiha Gaa Ra Hey
1943 Pagli - Shamshad - Husn Ki Yeh Mahrbani
1943 Pagli - Shamshad - O Bhoolne Wale Main Tujhe Kaise Bhulaoon
1943 Poonji - Shamshad, Zeenat Begum - Gaadiwale Dupatta Uda Jaye Re
1943 Taqdeer - Shamshad - Babu Daroga Jee
1943 Taqdeer - Shamshad - Mohe Dono Taraf Ka Khyal
1945 Humayun - Shamshad - Naina Bhar Aye Neer
1946 Shahjehan - Shamshad - Jab Usne Gesu Bikharaye
1946 Shahjehan - Shamshad - Jawani Ke Daman Ko

Kind Regards
Faraaj
vdsachin
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Feb 18 2009, 03:11 PM) *

Thanks for the upload.

Hildebrand

I have a few good ones - not as many as I'd like from that period! Let me know if you need any of them uploaded here. Rajan Bhai can upload any good ones not in the below list - as can other generous contributors...by the way, she sang non-filmi during that period as well....

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Faraaj - can you please upload them smile.gif
RajanCS

Thanks for the upload.

Hildebrand

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Faraaj Bhai,

You have a very good collection of Shamshad songs. I too look forward to uploads of these earlier Shamshad songs.

HB,

I found one song from the film Pagli which is not included in Faraaj Bhai's list - Gulshan Me Umeedon Ke by Shamshad and SDBatish. Uploading the same.

Gulshan Mein Umeedo Ke
Singers: Shamshad and S. D. Batish
Film: Pagli
Year: 1943
Lyricist: Melaram Wafa (?)
Music: Pt. Govind Ram
Duration: 00:03:07
Format: MP3

Click to view attachment

Regards,

Rajan
Aditya Pant
I have these pre-47 Shamshad Begum Songs

1. Diwali Phir Aa Gayi - Khazanchi - 1941 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
2. Ek Kali Nazon Pali - Khazanchi - 1941 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
3. Laut Gayi Papan - Khazanchi - 1941 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
4. Man Dheere Dheere - Khazanchi - 1941 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
5. Mohe Bhabhi La - Khazanchi - 1941 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
6. Mori Chudiyan - Khazanchi - 1941 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
7. Peene Ke Din - Khazanchi - 1941 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
8. Tori Aakhen Hain - Khazanchi - 1941 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
9. Nainon Ke Baan - Khazanchi - 1941 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum & Ghulam Haider
10. Sawan Ke Nazare Hain - Khazanchi - 1941 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum & Ghulam Haider
11. Chalo Paniya Bharan - Khandan - 1942 - Ghulam Haider - Noor Jehan & Shamshad Begum
12. Peele Peele More Raja - Khandan - 1942 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
13. Shaam Dil - Nishani - 1942 - Amarnath - Shamshad Begum
14. Dil Leke Rooth Gaye - 1942 - Amarnath - Shamshad Begum & Shyam
15. Duniya Mein Gharibon Ko - Zamindar - 1942 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
16. Ga Ri Sakhi Man Ke - Pagli - 1943 - Rashid Attre - Shamshad Begum
17. Husn Ki Ye Meherbani - Pagli - 1943 - Rashid Attre - Shamshad Begum
18. Chaand Chamka - Humayun - 1945 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
19. Naina Bhar Aaye Neer - Humayun - 1945 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
20. Husn Kehta Ja Raha Hai - Humayun - 1945 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum & Ghulam Haider
21. Armanon Ki Basti - Shirin Farhad - 1945 - Rashid Attre - Shamshad Begum
22. Tu Nahin To Aasra - Shirin Farhad - 1945 - Rashid Attre - Shamshad Begum
23. Chupke Hi Chupke - 1857 - 1946 - Sajjad Husain - Shamshad Begum
24. Jhamak Jhamak - 1857 - 1946 - Sajjad Husain - Shamshad Begum
25. Roshan Sa Ik Sitara - Arab Ka Sitara - 1946 - S. Qureishi - Mohd. Rafi & Shamshad Begum
26. Jab Chand Jawan Hoga - Bairam Khan - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum, Munawwar Sultana & Geeta Roy
27. Ashkon Pe Hua - Behram Khan - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
28. Tum Kis Liye Aate Nahin - Behram Khan - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
29. Kabhi Chupke Se - Safar - 1946 - C. Ramchandra - Shamshad Begum & Chitalkar
30. Dekho Ji Kya Sama Hai - Sasi Punnu - 1946 - Pt. Gobindram - Shamshad Begum & G. M Durrani
31. Jab Usne Ghesoo - Shahjahan - 1946 - Naushad - Shamshad Begum
32. Jawani Ke Daaman Ko - Shahjahan - 1946 - Naushad - Shamshad Begum
33. Ek Tera Sahara 1 - Shama - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
34. Ek Tera Sahara 2 - Shama - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
35. Hum Gharibon Ka Bhi - Shama - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
36. Uljhan Dil Ki Kya Suljhe - Shama - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
37. Ek Yaad Kisi Ki - Shama - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum & G. M Durrani
38. Dil Thandi Hawa Mein - Shama - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum & Hamida
39. Gori Chali Piya Ke Des - Shama - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum & Zohrabai Ambalewali

I can upload them after a few days as the hard disk where I have these songs has been borrowed by someone and I won't get it back before the weekend.
RajanCS
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Feb 18 2009, 07:05 PM) *

9. Nainon Ke Baan - Khazanchi - 1941 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum & Ghulam Haider
10. Sawan Ke Nazare Hain - Khazanchi - 1941 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum & Ghulam Haider
11. Chalo Paniya Bharan - Khandan - 1942 - Ghulam Haider - Noor Jehan & Shamshad Begum
20. Husn Kehta Ja Raha Hai - Humayun - 1945 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum & Ghulam Haider
25. Roshan Sa Ik Sitara - Arab Ka Sitara - 1946 - S. Qureishi - Mohd. Rafi & Shamshad Begum
26. Jab Chand Jawan Hoga - Bairam Khan - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum, Munawwar Sultana & Geeta Roy
28. Tum Kis Liye Aate Nahin - Behram Khan - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum
30. Dekho Ji Kya Sama Hai - Sasi Punnu - 1946 - Pt. Gobindram - Shamshad Begum & G. M Durrani
37. Ek Yaad Kisi Ki - Shama - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum & G. M Durrani
38. Dil Thandi Hawa Mein - Shama - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum & Hamida
39. Gori Chali Piya Ke Des - Shama - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum & Zohrabai Ambalewali

I can upload them after a few days as the hard disk where I have these songs has been borrowed by someone and I won't get it back before the weekend.

Aditya Ji,

This is real Khazana. Eagerly waiting for hectic week ahead full of nice uploads!!!

Sincere regards,

Rajan
vdsachin
QUOTE(RajanCS @ Feb 18 2009, 07:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Feb 18 2009, 07:05 PM) *

Aditya Ji,

This is real Khazana. Eagerly waiting for hectic week ahead full of nice uploads!!!

Sincere regards,

Rajan

I will be eargly waiting for tham Aditya... OR should I say it will be my 'Religion' to visit this thread 3 times a day to see if you have uploaded something smile.gif
hildebrand
Hi Faraaj
I cross-checked the list with what I have. Adding comments inline.

1935 Bharat Ki Beti - Shamshad (as Radhe Rani) - Mein Tere Poojan Ko Bhagwan This song is sung by Ratan Bai to my knowledge. Senior members can confirm. (She was the first woman MD and wore many hats. She even produced movies. She was also Nargis's mother).

1942 Nazrana - Shamshad - Ek Raat Ko Pakre Gaye I have the song Roti Na Kisi Ko ... Bhagwan Tere Raaj Ko also from the movie.

1943 Poonji - Shamshad, Zeenat Begum - Gaadiwale Dupatta Uda Jaye Re I have three other songs from the movie but not sure about the credits

I have some other songs from the movie but not sure about the credits

1945 Humayun - Shamshad - Naina Bhar Aye Neer Isn't the song Dono Ko Hi Bigdi qismat ne also sung by her? Let me know if you need it

Perhaps somebody has other songs as well. We are missing many of her songs in 40s as well as 50s. Lets concentrate on 40s first. If somebody has geet kosh we can know exactly how many of songs are missing from the period.
You mention the non-films. Wish somebody can give a list and upload any available ones. Would really appreciate it.
Punjabi songs of the period are also very welcome!
hildebrand
Hi Aditya
Nice to see your post. I am missing a couple of songs. Request upload when the disk is available.

This was her swan song movie which brought her to bombay!

Had the songs of the movie but had no credits. Didn't know NJ sang with shamshad begum!

Any idea about credits for the songs Dil Yeh Kiska hai and Haaye Dheemi Dheemi Chale Hawa from the movie?

I have a few other songs of the movie but not sure about the credits. If those are available will upload remaining shamshad songs if any

25. Roshan Sa Ik Sitara - Arab Ka Sitara - 1946 - S. Qureishi - Mohd. Rafi & Shamshad Begum Oh shamshad is rafi's partner. My tag had only Rafi as the singer. Listening to it now but somehow voice doesn't sound like Shamshad ji's to me. i may be wrong though. Perhaps senior members can confirm this.

26. Jab Chand Jawan Hoga - Bairam Khan - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum, Munawwar Sultana & Geeta Roy I love the song. Didn't realise it has Munawwar sultana as well. My tag doesn't mention her. Thanks for the info

30. Dekho Ji Kya Sama Hai - Sasi Punnu - 1946 - Pt. Gobindram - Shamshad Begum & G. M Durrani This is a lovely song too.

Thanks for reminding of this lovely movie. It has some very good songs of hers. I have some version songs of some of these but they are not relevant to the thread

She must have sung lots of other songs in the period. Request a member with hfgk to please see which other songs she sang in the period. Listening to the young Shamshad is a pleasure.

In particular, request upload of her song Inhin Logon Ne (original of the Pakeeza song) from the Lahore made Himmat(1941). I have been looking all over for it. Would really appreciate if someone can upload that song. Maybe Urzung sahab or other senior members maybe having it.

If somebody has filmography and songs list of Shamshad Begum it would be very useful in consolidating her songs.
Thanks in advance to members who can provide details of songs and the songs themselves.

Will eagerly wait like Sachin and Rajan religiously as well for lesser heard gems of our beloved Shamshad ji.
hildebrand
QUOTE(RajanCS @ Feb 18 2009, 06:54 PM) *

Thanks for the upload.

Hildebrand

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Faraaj Bhai,

You have a very good collection of Shamshad songs. I too look forward to uploads of these earlier Shamshad songs.

HB,

I found one song from the film Pagli which is not included in Faraaj Bhai's list - Gulshan Me Umeedon Ke by Shamshad and SDBatish. Uploading the same.

Gulshan Mein Umeedo Ke
Singers: Shamshad and S. D. Batish
Film: Pagli
Year: 1943
Lyricist: Melaram Wafa (?)
Music: Pt. Govind Ram
Duration: 00:03:07
Format: MP3

Click to view attachment

Regards,

Rajan

Thanks Rajan for the upload.
I had the song but didn't know who sang it. Thanks for that information. Has she sung any other songs with S.D. Batish ji? (Dhall sahab had uploaded a lovely one sometime back - Babuji Jaldi Jaagiye Humein Office Jaana Hai from Hamari Manzil 1949. We ofcourse know the Chor song as well). Their combination seems to be a very good one.

Hope all of us can get together along with senior members and get many more songs of the elusive Nightingale. This forum of hers deserves to be more active.
surhall

sangeet ka safar this song from chaand_chamakaa.rar (3.68 MB)

Humayun (1945 - Hindi)

(0/5) based on 0 votes

Cast & Crew
Cast

Ashok Kumar
Nargis
Chandra Mohan
K. N. Singh
Veena
Abdul Kader
Khurshed Ahmed
Maheshwar Shirazi
Majid
Shah Nawaz
T. M. Mathur
Wasker
Yusuf
Crew

Director Mehboob Khan
Music Director Ghulam Haider

Gulam Haider

Kaushik
Lyrics Anjum Pilibhit

Pandit Madhur

Shums Lucknowi

Vikas Ambalvi
Story Murada Badi

Prof. Waqif
Screenplay Agha Jani Kashmiri
Dialogue Agha Jani Kashmiri
Cinematographer Faredoon Irani
Editor Shamshuddin Qadri
Production Designer Munshi Ahmed Qureshi
Art Director Munnarvali Mistry

V. H. Palnitkar
Costumes Designer Fazaluddin
Assistant Art Director Fidali

Maruti Rao Kale
Assistant Audiographer C. M. Pancholi

S. N. Modi
Assistant Cinematographer Ahmed R. Khan

Nayamsha

Savak N. Mistry
Assistant Director A. G. Soorma

Chimankant Gandhi

Ismail Menon

Laxmi Kumar

V. R. Narvekar
Assistant Editor Ibrahim Baporia

Sheikh Noor Miya
Assistant Music Director V. A. Balsara
Colour Consultant D. S. Parmar

David Moses

G. Bhatt

G. R. Narvekar

Kashiram
Production Assistant Lalit J. Mehta
dhall
hildebrand
Thanks for the quick response Dhall ji.
If you have information about other songs of the period under discussion or the songs themselves do please post it.
Shamshad Begum was voice of Nargis in early days (and even towards end in Mother India). Not many know this due to certain propaganda.
Faraaj73
Hi Hildebrand

My comments in bold black:

QUOTE(hildebrand @ Feb 19 2009, 06:02 AM) *

Hi Faraaj
I cross-checked the list with what I have. Adding comments inline.

1935 Bharat Ki Beti - Shamshad (as Radhe Rani) - Mein Tere Poojan Ko Bhagwan This song is sung by Ratan Bai to my knowledge. Senior members can confirm. (She was the first woman MD and wore many hats. She even produced movies. She was also Nargis's mother).
I agree Ratan Bai sang this song. I don't know much about - but the woman MD-Producer-Singer you are confusing her with i.e. Nargis's mother, was Jaddan Bai. This song was indeed sung by Shamshad under the name Radhe Rani. Her being a muslim singing a bhajan would have unnecessarily stirred up trouble...

1942 Nazrana - Shamshad - Ek Raat Ko Pakre Gaye I have the song Roti Na Kisi Ko ... Bhagwan Tere Raaj Ko also from the movie.
I do have it...

1943 Poonji - Shamshad, Zeenat Begum - Gaadiwale Dupatta Uda Jaye Re I have three other songs from the movie but not sure about the credits
Can you please upload them? This is the only Poonji song I have.

I have some other songs from the movie but not sure about the credits
I've been looking for this films songs!!! Please upload ASAP...thanks smile.gif

1945 Humayun - Shamshad - Naina Bhar Aye Neer Isn't the song Dono Ko Hi Bigdi qismat ne also sung by her? Let me know if you need it
Yes, I need it...

You mention the non-films. Wish somebody can give a list and upload any available ones. Would really appreciate it.
Punjabi songs of the period are also very welcome!
Faraaj73
Hi Aditya

Good collection. I'm deleting from the list the ones Hildebrand crossed out and which I also don't need. Can you please upload the rest at your leisure? smile.gif I've removed the subtractions....thanks....

QUOTE(hildebrand @ Feb 19 2009, 06:48 AM) *

Hi Aditya
Nice to see your post. I am missing a couple of songs. Request upload when the disk is available.

9. Nainon Ke Baan - Khazanchi - 1941 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum & Ghulam Haider[/s]

Any idea about credits for the songs Dil Yeh Kiska hai (Shamshad, SD Batish) and Haaye Dheemi Dheemi Chale Hawa (Shamshad) from the movie?

I think this is a 1941 film and this particular song was a Rafique Ghaznavi composition....
Aren't the Pagli songs composed by Pt. Govind Ram? Would be pleasantly surprised if these two good songs were Attre comps...

Also to confirm if these are Attre or Pt. Amarnath compositions...

I have poor audios....if you have good ones....please upload....
39. Gori Chali Piya Ke Des - Shama - 1946 - Ghulam Haider - Shamshad Begum & Zohrabai Ambalewali[/s] Thanks for reminding of this lovely movie. It has some very good songs of hers. I have some version songs of some of these but they are not relevant to the threadHildebrand...didn't know these songs had version songs as well....who sang them?

She must have sung lots of other songs in the period. Request a member with hfgk to please see which other songs she sang in the period. Listening to the young Shamshad is a pleasure.

In particular, request upload of her song Inhin Logon Ne (original of the Pakeeza song) from the Lahore made Himmat(1941). I have been looking all over for it. Would really appreciate if someone can upload that song. Maybe Urzung sahab or other senior members maybe having it.

If somebody has filmography and songs list of Shamshad Begum it would be very useful in consolidating her songs.
Thanks in advance to members who can provide details of songs and the songs themselves.

Will eagerly wait like Sachin and Rajan religiously as well for lesser heard gems of our beloved Shamshad ji.

hildebrand

I agree Ratan Bai sang this song. I don't know much about - but the woman MD-Producer-Singer you are confusing her with i.e. Nargis's mother, was Jaddan Bai. This song was indeed sung by Shamshad under the name Radhe Rani. Her being a muslim singing a bhajan would have unnecessarily stirred up trouble...

You are right about my confusing Ratan Bai with Jaddan Bai. But you are confusing me saying song is sung by Ratan bai as well as Shamshad! I know Shamshad sang as Radhe Rani on some album but don't know details.

Hildebrand...didn't know these songs had version songs as well....who sang them?

Can you guess? Lets see how good your guess is! These appear to be separately recorded songs.

The audio quality with me is also not exactly CDQ. Will upload whatever you need in the weekend.
Aditya Pant
Hi Faraaj,

Pagli is supposed to have music by Pt. Gobindram, Rashid Attre and Jhande Khan. I'm not 100% sure who composed these two Samshad songs. Also, I didn't know that Attre had composed for Shirn Farhad as well.

The versions songs of Shama were sung by Suraiya

Hildebrand - Most of the songs in 1857 were sung by Suraiya except for the 2 songs I have listed.

BTW - the audio quality of most of these songs is quite poor, but they're so difficult to get, I have reatined them.

Aditya
hildebrand
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Feb 19 2009, 02:34 PM) *

Hi Faraaj,

Pagli is supposed to have music by Pt. Gobindram, Rashid Attre and Jhande Khan. I'm not 100% sure who composed these two Samshad songs. Also, I didn't know that Attre had composed for Shirn Farhad as well.

The versions songs of Shama were sung by Suraiya

Hildebrand - Most of the songs in 1857 were sung by Suraiya except for the 2 songs I have listed.

BTW - the audio quality of most of these songs is quite poor, but they're so difficult to get, I have reatined them.

Aditya

Yes, version songs were sung by Suraiyya. Must say she copied style of Shamshad fairly well.
Thanks for confirmation about 1857 songs. I didn't know who has sung which songs in the movie.
I agree songs of 40s are really difficult to come by so I also retain whatever I can get.
Do upload whatever is available with you. There must be other songs of hers in the period.
Perhaps you or others with hfgk can check and let us know which ones are missing.
Faraaj73
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Feb 19 2009, 07:55 PM) *

You are right about my confusing Ratan Bai with Jaddan Bai. But you are confusing me saying song is sung by Ratan bai as well as Shamshad! I know Shamshad sang as Radhe Rani on some album but don't know details.

Hildebrand...didn't know these songs had version songs as well....who sang them?

Can you guess? Lets see how good your guess is! These appear to be separately recorded songs.

The audio quality with me is also not exactly CDQ. Will upload whatever you need in the weekend.

Hi Hildebrand

Here are three versions of Tere Poojan Ko Bhagwan (probably Anil Biswas's first composition)...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I was going to say Suraiya because I have the Shama versions tagged as sung by Suraiya but Aditya's email put me into doubt. I can now comfirm I don't have the Shamshad originals! Appreciate if you or Aditya could upload them....

Kind Regards
Faraaj
hildebrand
Thanks for the upload Faraaj. Will try to upload songs of movie available with me on sunday.
Regarding earlier conversation about Ratan Bai. I got confused in actresses. Ratan Bai was actually the mother of Shobhna Samarth. (originally Saroj Shilotri) who sang the bharat ki beti song. i am not sure if the other two songs are tandem songs or version songs.
Faraaj73
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Feb 20 2009, 02:06 AM) *

Thanks for the upload Faraaj. Will try to upload songs of movie available with me on sunday.
Regarding earlier conversation about Ratan Bai. I got confused in actresses. Ratan Bai was actually the mother of Shobhna Samarth. (originally Saroj Shilotri) who sang the bharat ki beti song. i am not sure if the other two songs are tandem songs or version songs.

Version...
hildebrand
Thanks Faraaj for reverting.
Thats what I thought as well. What's the vintage of these version songs?
hildebrand
Hi Faraaj
Uploaded another interesting version of the above bhajan here. laugh.gif

Tere Poojan Ko Bhagwan Banaoon Bank Main Alishaan
Shaadi(1962)
Mohd Rafi
Chitragupt
Rajinder Krishan
128 kbps
03:34
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.