Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Launched The First Ever Website Dedicated To Geeta Dutt
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
parag_sankla
Geeta Dutt fans proudly announce that the first ever website dedicate to the legendary Geeta Dutt will be launched on her birth anniversary which falls on 23rd November 2008.

Please visit www.geetadutt.com on 23rd November 2008.

smile.gif

Geeta Dutt fans
simplefable
This is indeed a momentous moment.
There are many circumstances when life will deal unfair cards to us. Geeta Ji's life was one such. She had so much to give and yet, it all was cut short by so many reasons. After a long a time, it is nice to do something to keep her memory alive...and an effort to make others realize the beautiful numbers she sang...in so many different languages and to bring back some memories and reminiscences of those golden times.
Truly a tribute befitting the Girl with the Golden Voice !!
All are welcome !
HumTum
Wonderful Parag bhai.. We all look forward to this auspicious day! A great launch for a great legend Geeta ji, who deserves this befitting honour! bow.gif
gop
Paragji

I'm eagerly waiting for this day. Fate is not in favour of Geetaji, it snatched away her career and life. But still she lives in our memories with her golden voice. We can preserve her songs, photos, other informations for the coming generations through this website. Thanks Paragji for your hard works for starting this website.

gop
Shubham

Dear Parag

My heartiest congratulations to you for launching the website on Geetaji. clap2.gif

Regards
Shubham
Exon
Parag,

Eagerly looking forward to the launch.
Thanks to Parag and other members for their effort.

Exon
debjyoti
Great work Parag Bhai and other fans of Geeta Dutt.Till date highest number of websites,webpages and blogs have been made on Kishore Kumar.
parag_sankla
A concept started more than 3 years ago..
A visualization started 2 years ago...
And consistent efforts from more than 50 kind souls..

That is the kind of groundwork which this site has gone through. We all Geeta ji fans hope that the website will be our small tribute to the legendary playback singer.

parag_sankla
Here is the thread which indicates that the concept was conceived more than 3 years ago by the then HF admins

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...c=14760&hl=

simplefable

I can only quote ...a couple of thoughts . One befitting Geeta Dutt Ji..

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

Truly befitting as She gave so much happiness to millions of people all round the world and definitely deserves immortality.
That is just the inspiration.

Next is for Parag and all the regular visitors to this thread...who contributed so much. And for the team that is made from sheer love towards the departed Soul..

“Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.”

Parag did it. And am so much happy for him. bow.gif
frangipani
Looking forward to it. smile.gif

And I join SF in congratulating Parag, were it not for his consistent and tireless efforts, I think the dream would have taken much longer to turn into reality. smile.gif
parag_sankla
QUOTE(simplefable @ Nov 18 2008, 12:15 AM) *

This is indeed a momentous moment.
There are many circumstances when life will deal unfair cards to us. Geeta Ji's life was one such. She had so much to give and yet, it all was cut short by so many reasons. After a long a time, it is nice to do something to keep her memory alive...and an effort to make others realize the beautiful numbers she sang...in so many different languages and to bring back some memories and reminiscences of those golden times.
Truly a tribute befitting the Girl with the Golden Voice !!
All are welcome !

Nicely articulated Venkat. This is a true labour of love for all the Geeta fans.

smile.gif

Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(HumTum @ Nov 18 2008, 12:19 AM) *

Wonderful Parag bhai.. We all look forward to this auspicious day! A great launch for a great legend Geeta ji, who deserves this befitting honour! bow.gif

HT bhai,

Many thanks for your kind words. We all hope that every one appreciates the little work we will be presenting to the world in the form of this site

smile.gif

Best Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(gop @ Nov 18 2008, 01:10 AM) *

Paragji

I'm eagerly waiting for this day. Fate is not in favour of Geetaji, it snatched away her career and life. But still she lives in our memories with her golden voice. We can preserve her songs, photos, other informations for the coming generations through this website. Thanks Paragji for your hard works for starting this website.

gop

Dear Gop

Nice to see that so many music fans are looking forward to seeing this site.

Its the team effort that has made this dream project into a reality

Best Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Shubham @ Nov 18 2008, 03:55 AM) *

Dear Parag

My heartiest congratulations to you for launching the website on Geetaji. clap2.gif

Regards
Shubham

Dear Shubham

The love,affection and hard work of all the Geeta Dutt fans have made this possible.

Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Exon @ Nov 18 2008, 04:11 AM) *

Parag,

Eagerly looking forward to the launch.
Thanks to Parag and other members for their effort.

Exon

Hi Exon

Thanks for you kind words. Many HF members and even music lovers outside the HF world (most of them long time music lovers) have helped in this noble cause. This site could not have been made possible without the great efforts from all of them.

The team is in the process of giving last minute touches so let us wait for the 23rd to see it. Looking forward to the auspicious day!

Regards
Parag
Erum Hashmi
thumbs-up.gif
lakshmi

Parag,

Hats off to you for bringing this website. Thanks to all who made it possible. A die hard fan like you can bring wonders to music.

Lakshmi
parag_sankla
By the way, in case the original announcement does not make it clear, a little more info on the site.

After the success of sites in the memory of legendary artists Asha ji, Kishor ji and Rafi ji, this is the fourth presentation from HF board. The Geeta Dutt fans team is only involved in the building of the site. The team sincerely thanks the board for giving this "once in a life time" opportunity to do something meaningful in the life. Something above the regular day to day work, something above and beyond any personal gain what so ever.

Warmest Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(debjyoti @ Nov 18 2008, 04:22 AM) *

Great work Parag Bhai and other fans of Geeta Dutt.Till date highest number of websites,webpages and blogs have been made on Kishore Kumar.

Debjyoti ji

Thanks for your kind words. Just like the singer Geeta Dutt who was never into competition with any one, her fans too do not believe in it.

smile.gif

What we are doing is from the bottom of our hearts, just to let every one know that Geeta Dutt is beyond, much beyond "Baabuji dheere chalna" and "Mera naam chin chin choo".

smile.gif

We will look forward to your comments and feedback on the site when it will be launched on the 23rd of this month.

Best Regards
Geeta Dutt fans team
parag_sankla
QUOTE(simplefable @ Nov 18 2008, 07:02 AM) *

I can only quote ...a couple of thoughts . One befitting Geeta Dutt Ji..

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

Truly befitting as She gave so much happiness to millions of people all round the world and definitely deserves immortality.
That is just the inspiration.

Venkat, I used to feel so sorry that such a talented artist got such a raw deal from the destiny. And the fact that she never got the name and fame she truly deserved used to make me feel even more disturbed. Those feelings are the real motivation behind this effort in building this website.

Its a small tribute and should (at least partially) serve a showcase of her immense talent.

The team will make all the efforts to keep the site updated on regular basis. This is a promise!

biggrin.gif

Cheers
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Nov 18 2008, 10:24 AM) *

thumbs-up.gif

Erum ji,

Thanks for your encouragement. Once you have some free time we will need help from you.

smile1.gif

Cheers
Parag

parag_sankla
QUOTE(lakshmi @ Nov 18 2008, 10:47 AM) *

Parag,

Hats off to you for bringing this website. Thanks to all who made it possible. A die hard fan like you can bring wonders to music.

Lakshmi

Lakshmi ji,

Thanks a lot for such nice compliments for the team. I am just a representative of the team. Truly, every one has put in so much of selfless efforts to make this happen. Like any other task in life, we had (and still have) our share of challenges, but the only thing that kept us going was the love and affection of all the people who helped consistently helped us.

smile.gif

Warmest Regards

Parag

parag_sankla
Any one willing to help us please PM me or contact at paragsankla@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
The Geeta Dutt fans team will be presenting a special Radio program on the birth anniversary of Geeta ji and the launching of new website dedicated to her.

The timing of the special radio program on HF Radio is 09:00 PM IST (Indian Standard Time).

India Sunday November 23, 2008 - 9.00 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Pakistan Sunday November 23, 2008 - 8.30 p.m. to 10.30 p.m.
UK (London) Sunday November 23, 2008 - 3.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
USA (EST) Sunday November 23, 2008 - 10.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
USA (PST) Sunday November 23, 2008 - 7.30 a.m. to 9.30 a.m.
Australia (CST) Monday November 24, 2008 - 1.00 a.m. to 3.00 a.m.

The program will be repeated in the month of December during the holiday times.
Anupama
party2.gif Yayyyyyyyyyyyy! Congrats! You've done it, Parag! clap1.gif clap2.gif clap1.gif

The day that your dream project is successfully completed is finally near. I'm so happy for you.
Lookin forward to this auspicious day. Your hard work n dedication will be appreciated by Geeta ji's fans all over the world.
We all dream of achieving great heights but only a few of us have it in ourselves to put our dream in to action. This is exactly what you've done. We all are so proud of you! thumbs-up.gif
Eagerly awaiting this launch!
parag_sankla
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 18 2008, 10:48 AM) *

By the way, in case the original announcement does not make it clear, a little more info on the site.

After the success of sites in the memory of legendary artists Asha ji, Kishor ji and Rafi ji, this is the fourth presentation from HF board. The Geeta Dutt fans team is only involved in the building of the site. The team sincerely thanks the board for giving this "once in a life time" opportunity to do something meaningful in the life. Something above the regular day to day work, something above and beyond any personal gain what so ever.
Warmest Regards
Parag

Anupama,

Thanks for your encouraging words. You are a great friend a great motivator. Thanks a lot.

At the cost of repeating myself, I would like to say that HF has given all of us this "once in a life time" opportunity to do something meaningful in the life. We always live for ourselves and be happy about it. Here we have one of the most talented artist, who passed away at a tender age of 41. This was more than 35 years ago and sadly very few people know about her.

So here is our tribute to showcase her talent to the world. The team does not claim that every thing will be original work or will be the best. This is just the begining of what we want to do. We want more and more people to help us so that we can make this site a great place to know about Geeta Dutt, the one singer who never got her due.

Affly
Parag
Pratul
Parag,

Congratulations. This is the fruit of your determination and team's hard work. The first thing I would do next monday is to visit geetadutt.com. And I am sure it will be a wonderful experience.
Unfortunatelty, I wont be online on sunday and would miss the radio programs. I hope you can help me out by sending the recording wub.gif

Pratul
sbiswas2005
Parag,

You have done a great job...and my best wishes to all involved with this great purpose. Thanks to all..

It is not just a website..Earlier it was our dream. But your hard toil proved that "Where there is a will, there is a way". Nothing is impossible.

I salute you.. bow.gif

Subir
parag_sankla
Thanks to the HF Admin for marking this thread as "Important Topic".

Best Regards
Parag
Pratul
QUOTE(sbiswas2005 @ Nov 19 2008, 11:07 AM) *

Parag,

It is not just a website..Earlier it was our dream.

Subir ji,

This dream could not have come true without your efforts. I have just seen a couple of under construction pages, and I am moved by the elegancy and grace that overflows in them. I can just imagine how hard you would have worked for designing and creating it.
You really deserve a standing ovation. clap2.gif

Also, the hard work done by Swarapriya can't go unnoticed. She is been excellent member here on HF and outstanding in helping to make this dream come true.

Hilderband ji, Venkat ji, SF, Firangi Paani, KKFan, Anupama all have made an excellent team. I am itching for the next monday (sadly, not Sunday) to come sooner.

And all in all, Parag has exemplified the persistance for me. His efforts will remain the height to touch for me in future.

Thanks,
Pratul.
sbiswas2005
Thanks Pratul ji.. It is my pleasure...Thanks for your complements.

But always I consider my contribution is very small comparing to the great job done by Parag, Simpleji, Swarpriya, Hilderband, Sujoyita, Kkfan, Anupama and all of my friends who really helped a lot. biggrin.gif

Subir
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Anupama @ Nov 18 2008, 08:43 PM) *

party2.gif Yayyyyyyyyyyyy! Congrats! You've done it, Parag! clap1.gif clap2.gif clap1.gif

The day that your dream project is successfully completed is finally near. I'm so happy for you.
Lookin forward to this auspicious day. Your hard work n dedication will be appreciated by Geeta ji's fans all over the world.
We all dream of achieving great heights but only a few of us have it in ourselves to put our dream in to action. This is exactly what you've done. We all are so proud of you! thumbs-up.gif
Eagerly awaiting this launch!

Anu, I know you are on your vacation and among your near and dear ones. Still you found time to log on HF and give your best wishes to the team. Thats such a kind and nice gesture from you. Thanks so much.

The team and personally I will remember this labour of love for the rest of their lives. Thanks to HF.

smile.gif

Warmest Regards
Parag
mmuk2004
Parag, Subir, SF, Venkatji, Anupama, Swarapriya, Hildebrand, KKFan, Frangipani, Sujoyita

Congratulations!!! What an achievement. Waiting for the 27th eagerly. smile1.gif

clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif
parag_sankla
Madhavi, the wait is not that long...its on 23rd!

biggrin.gif

Cheers
Parag
mmuk2004
Eeps... ph34r.gif

I meant the 23rd... biggrin.gif
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Pratul @ Nov 18 2008, 08:57 PM) *

Parag,

Congratulations. This is the fruit of your determination and team's hard work. The first thing I would do next monday is to visit geetadutt.com. And I am sure it will be a wonderful experience.
Unfortunatelty, I wont be online on sunday and would miss the radio programs. I hope you can help me out by sending the recording wub.gif

Pratul

Pratul,

Rome was not bulit in one day (and neither by one person..LOL). I am so lucky to have so many music lovers helping me in various ways in this "Dream project". I really mean it.

We will do a repeat of the radio program in the week days for you.

Cheers
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(sbiswas2005 @ Nov 18 2008, 09:37 PM) *

Parag,

You have done a great job...and my best wishes to all involved with this great purpose. Thanks to all..

It is not just a website..Earlier it was our dream. But your hard toil proved that "Where there is a will, there is a way". Nothing is impossible.

I salute you.. bow.gif

Subir

Dear Subir bhai..

You have helped and witnessed the journy from the "idea" to the "dream' to the "detailed design" at each and every step ..now let us wait and pray that every one appreciates our "tribute" to our beloved singer Geeta ji

smile.gif

Best Regards
Parag
smahesh
parag,

bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif

mahesh
hildebrand
parag and team

bow.gif bow.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif

I know how much efforts everybody put since I saw it first hand over the last around two months. Congratulations to all.
Finally a great manager at top of team (Parag) , who with his enthusiasm, motivation, efforts and ideas has ensured it is of great quality.
Hope all stalwarts shall give suggestions once its launch and make it even better - A great jewel in the memory of our beloved Geetaji.

I am telling all my friends about it too. Hope others do the same too.
simplefable
Click to view attachment

Beqarar dil is tarah mile..
Jis tarah kabhi hum juda na the..
Tum bhi khogaye...Hum bhi Khogaye..
Ek Raah par chal ke do kadam..
Waqt ne kiya kya haseen sitm...
Tum rahe na Tum...Hum rahe na Hum..
parag_sankla
Would like to give a link here to a thread which was opened some time back to discuss the "History" and the "Progress" of Geeta Dutt forum on HF.

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...c=55270&hl=

Its amazing to see that it started with a thread opened in Mohd Rafi forum (because there was no Geeta Dutt sub-forum created at that time) and now we are close to seeing a full-fledged website dedicated to this legendary artist.

Thanks to all who have made this possible. I only wish Bappa Chatterjee was here to see this.

Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Nov 19 2008, 01:40 AM) *

I am telling all my friends about it too. Hope others do the same too.

Hi All

Any one having relatives/friends in the news media (Newspaper or electronic media), please help. We can make a kind request to them to give the coverage to launching of our site on 23rd November 2008.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Parag
jairaj
First of all a huge Thank you to Paragbhai and all the people who made
this web sight dream come true. Absolute dedication and scarifices were
made to keep Geetaji's memories alive. Congratulations to Paragbhai and
everyone who helped him.

In 1965 I moved to India from East Africa and went to live in Santacruz-west
in an apartment complex on S. V. Road.
In building no. 3 Geetaji moved in on the first floor with her children Taru, Arun and
Nina together with some relatives.
We had quite a few film personalities living in the complex at that time.
Hemnatda's sister in law, B.R. Chopra saab's editor Mr. Pran Mehra,
Mohan Chotiji, Jeetandra's sister (Gatu's mom).etc.
All of them were very very humble and friendly and always ready to
talk to us wide eyed teenagers.
I remember Mohan Chotiji a lot and he used to come to our house on
Holi day and drag us to play holi.
On one such occassion, Geetaji and her children came down to play
holi and Tuntunji (Umadevi) was visting Geetaji so she came to play as
well. We had a great time. Both of them sang songs and reveled in the
festivities. No airs, no show off, nothing. For us as teenagers, it was a big
deal because we were not ignored. Geetaji was so beautiful and what an amazing voice!!!
Geetaji was a very kind and compassionate soul, always smiling and would stop and say hello
if she was going out. The children were here life.
In the evening we used to see her sitting in the balcony listening to her
songs and would wave to us when we passed by. You could see her listening to
her songs of Anubhav, Mujhe Jaan na kaho meri Jaan, Koi chupke se aake.
I have heard her singing these while she was playing the record too. What a beautiful voice!!!
We knew she was lonelyand sad yet she had such compassion!!! Smile and acknowledge us even
in her sadness!!!! You saw a kind of melancholy in her eyes, yet she always had a smile for everyone.
Then one day, we heard she was in hosipital and we all felt very very sad.
We kept a vigil as to what was going on and when she passed away it was
a very sad day for all of us. It felt as though the whole world was quiet that day!!!
What a beautiful soul was Geetaji??? The thing that I remember the most is
her smile, her beauty and those beautiful expressive eyes.
I will never forget her.
simplefable
Jairaj Ji..That is an amazing anecdote. Thanks a lot for sharing it with us on this wonderful Forum. bow.gif
It is always acknowledged that Geeta ji is indeed a kind and compassionate soul but hearing it from you in first person is so much gratifying.
Geeta ji may not be with us physically, to rejoice these moments, but am sure She will be happy where ever she is...
parag_sankla
QUOTE(smahesh @ Nov 19 2008, 01:00 AM) *

parag,

mahesh

Mahesh,

No portion of this site would have been possible without the extensive ground-work you have done here on Geeta ji's forum for years together.

Its kind of sad to see that you are not able to contribute like before on Geeta ji's forum, yet, you are the "Don Bradman" for all of us. The one and only one person who has consistently and dedicatedly maintained this forum active and provided us with tons of information.

Best Regards
Parag
spmisra
Congratulations! Would be a fine website. All the best!
HumTum
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 19 2008, 09:17 PM) *
QUOTE(smahesh @ Nov 19 2008, 01:00 AM) *

parag,

mahesh

Mahesh,

No portion of this site would have been possible without the extensive ground-work you have done here on Geeta ji's forum for years together.

Its kind of sad to see that you are not able to contribute like before on Geeta ji's forum, yet, you are the "Don Bradman" for all of us. The one and only one person who has consistently and dedicatedly maintained this forum active and provided us with tons of information.

Best Regards
Parag

100% right. smile.gif
HumTum
QUOTE(jairaj @ Nov 19 2008, 08:02 PM) *
First of all a huge Thank you to Paragbhai and all the people who made
this web sight dream come true. Absolute dedication and scarifices were
made to keep Geetaji's memories alive. Congratulations to Paragbhai and
everyone who helped him.

In 1965 I moved to India from East Africa and went to live in Santacruz-west
in an apartment complex on S. V. Road.
In building no. 3 Geetaji moved in on the first floor with her children Taru, Arun and
Nina together with some relatives.
We had quite a few film personalities living in the complex at that time.
Hemnatda's sister in law, B.R. Chopra saab's editor Mr. Pran Mehra,
Mohan Chotiji, Jeetandra's sister (Gatu's mom).etc.
All of them were very very humble and friendly and always ready to
talk to us wide eyed teenagers.
I remember Mohan Chotiji a lot and he used to come to our house on
Holi day and drag us to play holi.
On one such occassion, Geetaji and her children came down to play
holi and Tuntunji (Umadevi) was visting Geetaji so she came to play as
well. We had a great time. Both of them sang songs and reveled in the
festivities. No airs, no show off, nothing. For us as teenagers, it was a big
deal because we were not ignored. Geetaji was so beautiful and what an amazing voice!!!
Geetaji was a very kind and compassionate soul, always smiling and would stop and say hello
if she was going out. The children were here life.
In the evening we used to see her sitting in the balcony listening to her
songs and would wave to us when we passed by. You could see her listening to
her songs of Anubhav, Mujhe Jaan na kaho meri Jaan, Koi chupke se aake.
I have heard her singing these while she was playing the record too. What a beautiful voice!!!
We knew she was lonelyand sad yet she had such compassion!!! Smile and acknowledge us even
in her sadness!!!! You saw a kind of melancholy in her eyes, yet she always had a smile for everyone.
Then one day, we heard she was in hosipital and we all felt very very sad.
We kept a vigil as to what was going on and when she passed away it was
a very sad day for all of us. It felt as though the whole world was quiet that day!!!
What a beautiful soul was Geetaji??? The thing that I remember the most is
her smile, her beauty and those beautiful expressive eyes.
I will never forget her.

Jairaj that was lovely. It really wet my eyes. Thank you so much. smile.gif
parag_sankla
QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Nov 18 2008, 11:10 PM) *

Parag, Subir, SF, Venkatji, Anupama, Swarapriya, Hildebrand, KKFan, Frangipani, Sujoyita

Congratulations!!! What an achievement. Waiting for the 27th eagerly. smile1.gif

clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif

Madhavi, in spite of busy schedule you are in, you managed to log on to HF and showed interest in this thread..I am so happy. You are always a part of our team (even though this time I did not approach you for any help due to obvious reasons.. smile.gif ). You have beeen a great friend and a great motivator. Its our utmost pleasure that the dream we all have been chasing since last two years is getting realized pretty soon.

Thank you so much. Your two lines mean so much to me.

smile.gif

Thank you once again

Best Regards
Parag
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.