Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tah-e-dil Se Shukriya
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
hildebrand
Yesterday was Bappa's death anniversary. Some time ago one of my classmates also passed away suddenly. I have been thinking about how this life is so small. We keep going on day to day thinking that sab kuch aise hi rahega, bahot din jeena hai. Hum log kitna kuch apne paas sanjote rehte hain,
Apne shauq poore karte hain, Paisa kamaate hain, hamare jaise log kaise jatan se ek ek kar gaane collect kar ke collection banaate hain aur ke din achanak apni hasti khatam ho jaati hai. Kuch maayne nahi rakhta. Zindagi ka yeh kitna bada sach hai par hum isse bhool jaate hain. Sirf jo reh jaata hai woh hain hamaari yaadein aur hamare tohfe jaise ki achche pal, chhoti chhoti cheezein hamare chaahne waalon ke paas.
Aise mood mein I feel we should definitely thank all those who have touched our lives in positive ways while we are still there to say this. So I am thanking all those who have touched my life in many beautiful ways here on HF :-

1. Mahesh ji and Waheed bhai: Sir you are both really great. The amount of songs and information you have shared in these forums is really enormous. Ab aap ki tareef mein main kya kahoon. Poora hamara forum especially Geeta forum jaanta hai. Itni knowledge, itne badhiya khayalaat. Aap donon mein jo yeh geeta ji ke gaane dhoondh kar hamare beech share karne ka jo itna bada jazba hai uski jitni tareef ki jaaye kam hai. Aap dono ne yahaan aise behtareen song pesh kare hain ki unhein dekh kar aisi khushi hoti hai ki usse lafzon mein bayaan karna mere liye to bahot hi mushkil hai. Aapne itne saare badhiya articles pata nahin kahaan se dhoondh kar laaye hain ki unhein padh kar jo feeling hoti hai uske liye khushi bahot chhota word hai. Ek posting ho to kahoon. Like asmaan and baaz songs you put, the darogaji honey, some non-films, So many of them really. Kai aisi song postings ki hain aap dono ne ki after getting them I have often felt that by getting those songs, appreciating their melody in the most beautiful voice of Geeta ji one of the many goals of my life have got completed. Aapne anginat baar radio par bhi jo aawaaz ki chaashni gholi hai usne mujhe kai baar chhote bade depression se nikaala hai jab life mein kuch theek nahi chal raha hota. Those extremely kind gestures of yours make my life really happy. I am really thankful that there are people like you in the world who spread the greatest happiness possible only by the sharing of music. Waheed bhai ne kai baar members ko ripping and other information bhi share kari hai. Aajkal shayad masrufiyat ke kaaran shayad aap ruke hue ho par woh aap ke efforts ka ek behtareen namoona hai. Kai log aapko really appreciate karte hain chahe usse words ya posts mein bayaan na karein. Ek din to ham sabko jaana hai aur sab kuch yahin chhoot jaayega. Par jo aap dono ne jasba itne time se dikhaya hai aur no doubt aage bhi dikhaate rahoge is great. The unique collections which you have been building with so much sweat and blood will definitely be kept alive in all us members and those who join in future years if you keep sharing these great bundles of joy among us. Aap jaise logon ke dam par hi yeh forum chal raha hai. Really, hats off to both of you. Do please keep doing the wonderful job you both have been doing. Thanks is too miniscule a word really to say for all that you do. 21 topon ki salaami layak hai aap donon ka sharing ka jazba.

2. Parag ji: The way you have been managing the Geeta Dutt forum, you have in some sense filled atleast some part of the void which Bappa left behind here. We will no doubt miss people like him but the amount of efforts you have put in here is tremendous. Your number of posts (over 9000) itself is an indicator of it. You sometimes call yourself 'a mere reuploader'. Even if it were true to some extent but the very fact that you give of yourself says a lot about the good soul that you are. you often guide the new members very positively as well. Do Keep up the good work.

3. Devje: You are one of the nicest people I have met on this forum. Aapke badappan ka main kaayal hoon. Aap kai bhooli pyaari melodies itni humility ke saath pesh karte ho. woh mujhe bhi waise banne ke liye prerit karti hai. Bhagwan aapko lambi umra bakshe. Aise hi bane rahiye.

4. Erum ji: Aapne bhi bahot hi humility ke saath mere aur baaki members ke saath bahot nagme aur information share ki hai. Aapke woh nagme aap hi ki tarha mutaffariq hain. Your encouragement has often encouraged me. Thanks for being you.

5. Swarapriya ji: Your awe inspiring ratio and amount of uploads is only a small indicator of what you bring to this forum. The quality of your presentation and the transparent honesty seen is something really to be emulated by all forum members. It raises the bar for members like me and makes it a better place to be.

6. Pradeep ji: You have made lots of contributions here which cannot be put in small space. Information and other work done by you is tremendous. I still remember when you had shared your experience of going to the hamraaz geet kosh function in 80s where the neglected talent Rajkumari ji sang. The place where you mentioned how the once top singer left to enter VT local station after the function was over alone really gives me the chills. The world can sometimes be cold but the warmth spread on the forum makes me realise that there are good people here. We should all try to be good to each other and make HF a happy place to be in jahaan sab saath rahein, kahin ja jaayein (Talking of which reminds me I miss many members who were active earlier but not seen now, among which I immediately recall Alybaba ji. Kuch members ki postings jaise Unni ji ke kachche dhaage kai forums pe dekhna kam hain. Request all those who know people like them to contact them and please bring back here in the old josh to spread the nectar of goodness they have in their hearts.)

7. Purple Fairy ji: You have often shared songs which I have been searching for years almost as soon as asking for them. I very deeply appreciate it. I know very well that rares exist not only in the 30s and 40s but in 80s/90s also where some of the good songs never left the cassettes to reach CDs. Hope to see more of you on your threads now. (Maybe you are busy sis. But do try to find time when you can).

8. Bobby bhai (yob): Aap bhi kai khoye nagme dhoondh kar laate ho aur dil se share karte ho. Ek baar aapne kaha tha ki hum to pet kaat kar gaane laate hain. You are really great. Its nice to have people like you here.

9. Mahesh KS ji: Aap bahot achche gaane bajaate ho radio par. They are very happiness giving. Par bhai, itne chhote installment mein (kabhi kabhi ek minute se bhi kam ke) gaane kyun bajaate ho? Kam gaane bajao par poore bajao. You put in lots of efforts and maybe try to put in as many as possible par aise chhhote chhote gaane bajaate ho ki kai baar you feel robbed of a beautiful melody. Please mahesh ks bhai poore gaane bajaya karo. Your collection is fabulous and so are you. I would love to meet you sometime.

10. Balaji Gade ji: The choice and variety of songs you play/share is amazing. You seem a really nice person and why not, coastal andhra people are not famous for their sweet language and hearts just like that. Keep up the good work.

11. Subir ji: I am impressed with the wonderful graphics work you do. I have always believed that bengalis are very artistic. You are a living example of that. You spend lots of time making great pieces of art just for the joy of it. Its really inspiring. Thanks for everything.

12. Ashraf ji: For making the first thread for starting what today has become the Geeta Dutt forum. Sometimes an ordinary inadvertent act produces so much kindness and good that it becomes extraordinary over a large span of time. You are a good example of that.

13. Many other members who have made lots of good contributions. Many people like simplefable, Exon ji, Dhall ji, Anupama ji, Frangipani, Hum Tum bhai, Hamaraprince, Harjinder, Saki, usrfan, Faraaj and many other members (jin sabke naam mujhe abhi yaad nahin aa rahe) have shared lots of good songs and/or had lots of good discussions with me over a period of time. I am thankful to all of them. I have got many songs after looking for them for long here due to kindness and bighearted nature of people like you. Thanks all of you. I may have forgotten to name some while writing for which I beg forgiveness. It is not intentional. Thanks for all. Hope all of you will continue to work to make the forum a better place to be in.

14. There are some members whom I never got a chance (and will not get) to interact with like Bappa and Priya who spread lots of goodwill here which shall remain here for long. May god bless your souls.

15. I am also thankful to those who say thanks for my uploads and also to those who appreciate it by just downloading it. (Jo De Uska bhi bhala, jo na de uska bhi bhala wink2.gif ). It encourages me to share whatever little I do have.

16. cyborg ji: How can I forget to thank you. It is a recorded fact that my first posting ever's first reply was by you with a very daraawna message saying write bitrate and tracklength. You do a good job on the forum. But please sahab ji naye members ko aise daraya mat karo. Message do par thodi narmi se please. I would suggest that rules can be shown as a very small but clear (about the basics) FAQ immediately after members register. It may make members aware of things like ratio, bitrate in beginning itself which would reduce your work later a bit too which arises due to their ignorance. Kabhi kabhi kuch log jo net savvy nahin par achchi collection rakhte hain darr ke bhaag sakte hain which we definitely don't want!. keep up the great work you're doing on this ever expanding forum.

17. Admin ji: For the unsaid behind the scenes work you do. You are also very prompt in replying to mails sent to you to solve small doubts also. It is really appreciated. Your team is the concrete on which the foundation of HF is built. Keep up the excellent work.

18. Last but not the least, All members of the SKS yahoo group, Invision board software creators, developers of the lovely smilies used here and all others who made HF happen. Thanks for all the efforts. They have all been worthwhile in my opnion.

You all deserve this clap2.gif clap2.gif
parag_sankla
HB,

A really well thought and well crafted post. Thanks.

smile.gif

It is so true that in the life we take so many things for granted and forget to thank the people who make our lives more meaningful. Time passes by and things keep changing. No one is going to live forever, whoever has come has to go one day. Yet, in this little time we spend, let us be nice to all and thank them from the bottom of our hearts for enriching our lives in many ways.

Since you joined the board a little late (not that I am a very early bird), you may not be aware about some other great contributors like Dharmvir ji , Aly baba and Usha ji to name a few. Particularly during my stay here on HF for last two and half years, I am so fortunate to have found many friends, supporters, well-wishers and great human beings. As I have re-iterated earlier many times, my only role on Geeta Dutt forum (the only forum where I am really active, 70% of my posts are here) is that of a catalyst. The only intention is to bring the melodious songs sung by our beloved singer to every one's attention. I never have and will never want to take any accolades for whatever little I do in my limited capacity.

Its the greatness of our dear Mahesh (Doctor sahab) who has brought this forum to this stage. His knowledege, collection and willing ness to share the joy are un-parallel. The song listings we see so easily are the result of a great dedicated hard work this gentleman must have been doing for years together. With contributions from all the generous members, it is great to see where we are.

Its a pleasure to see some new members join in bringing in so much of energy and happiness.

Let us do our bit to keep the memory of our dear singer Geeta ji alive.

thumbs-up.gif

Parag
tumtum_tajik
hi HB,
thanks for your views and beutiful wordings, and espicially regarding Mr. smahesh (Dr). He really diserves that and he is the one of the big hearted member of the forum and he promoted the cause of the geeta dutt forum, since my name is not in the senior members of the forum and i am getting in touch from last one and half year.

Presence of Parag keeps the Geeta ji forum ever green.

as far as the informationed side concerened, the most senior member of the forum Mr. Urzung Khan,
hum unki khidamat ko nazar andaz nahe kar saktay.

thanks and best regards,
waheed.
simplefable
HB...appreciate the way you worded your feelings. smile.gif
You have been one of the best people who joined this year..and seems you are really really going a long way.
Nothing remains unsaid by you except the names of those generous members which keeps on increasing..there is Lakshmi who used to share all her collections. I find her more appealing..as she couldnt understand a word of Hindi, yet was there to share and collect. Such is the power of music ! Amen.
For me..Parag remains the Tour de force...a man for all seasons. His boundless energy and unquenchable thirst for music and data..is the catalyst of this thread. Many many years to him.. smile.gif
It is heartening to see so many young ppl like you taking to this forum and enlivening with your Energies..! smile.gif
Devje
Aap ne yaad kya iske lye

Bahot bahot DHANYAVAAD -SHUKRIYA- THANK YOU- MERCI BEAUCOUP
Erum Hashmi
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Nov 14 2008, 03:09 PM) *

4. Erum ji: Aapne bhi bahot hi humility ke saath mere aur baaki members ke saath bahot nagme aur information share ki hai. Aapke woh nagme aap hi ki tarha mutaffariq hain. Your encouragement has often encouraged me. Thanks for being you.

Itne maharathiyon ki bheed mein main to kuchh bhi naheen, Hildebrand! smile.gif

Saahir ki ek nazm yaad aa gai: Aap naa jaane mujhko samajhte hain kyaa...main to kuchh bhi naheen......

parag_sankla
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Nov 15 2008, 10:58 AM) *

QUOTE(hildebrand @ Nov 14 2008, 03:09 PM) *

Saahir ki ek nazm yaad aa gai: Aap naa jaane mujhko samajhte hain kyaa...main to kuchh bhi naheen......

Erum ji, this is your exreme politeness and another gesture of your kindness. You are one of the most generous members who is more than willing to share the rarest of the rare songs from your collection with every one here on the forum.

smile.gif

Thanks a lots and keep up your great efforts.

Hats off to you.

Best Regards
Parag
hildebrand
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Nov 16 2008, 12:28 AM) *

Yahi to aapka badappan hai. You share songs from 40s to now for all sometimes even surprising me with the speed at which you upload them. Seems like a magician conjuring a spell. Thanks for everything. Keep up the good work.
hildebrand
QUOTE(Devje @ Nov 15 2008, 09:05 PM) *

Aap ne yaad kya iske lye

Bahot bahot DHANYAVAAD -SHUKRIYA- THANK YOU- MERCI BEAUCOUP

You are most welcome. You are so kind you need to be remembered forever. smile1.gif
hildebrand
QUOTE(simplefable @ Nov 15 2008, 10:10 AM) *

HB...appreciate the way you worded your feelings. smile.gif
You have been one of the best people who joined this year..and seems you are really really going a long way.
Nothing remains unsaid by you except the names of those generous members which keeps on increasing..there is Lakshmi who used to share all her collections. I find her more appealing..as she couldnt understand a word of Hindi, yet was there to share and collect. Such is the power of music ! Amen.
For me..Parag remains the Tour de force...a man for all seasons. His boundless energy and unquenchable thirst for music and data..is the catalyst of this thread. Many many years to him.. smile.gif
It is heartening to see so many young ppl like you taking to this forum and enlivening with your Energies..! smile.gif

Thanks venkat for liking my efforts and considering me one of the best people to join this year. I shall try to live up to your expectations. I have not had a chance to interact with laxmi ji much yet but I do remember seeing some excellent uploads by her in one particular topic on old 40s songs which I missed sad1.gif. May god bless all such people who share from the heart with good health and give them energy like Parag ji. smile1.gif
hildebrand
QUOTE(tumtum_tajik @ Nov 15 2008, 10:03 AM) *

hi HB,
thanks for your views and beutiful wordings, and espicially regarding Mr. smahesh (Dr). He really diserves that and he is the one of the big hearted member of the forum and he promoted the cause of the geeta dutt forum, since my name is not in the senior members of the forum and i am getting in touch from last one and half year.

Presence of Parag keeps the Geeta ji forum ever green.

as far as the informationed side concerened, the most senior member of the forum Mr. Urzung Khan,
hum unki khidamat ko nazar andaz nahe kar saktay.

thanks and best regards,
waheed.

Hello waheed bhai
Thanks for your blessings. You're right mahesh ji is really big hearted. We really need big hearted people here who share from the heart. His name is synonymous with geeta forum.

Thanks for pointing out the major goofup of missing name of Urzung Khan sahab. I am extremely sorry for that. It was absolutely unintentional. Don't know how I did that. He is also very fabulous. Khuda unhein lambi umra bakshe. He is a storehouse of information and songs. Often on searching information about some things I have come across his posts here as well as on RMIM. Unhone lambe time se HFM ki bahot khidmat kee hai waakai. I want to thank him for being such an inspiring personality for all of us by means of this post. It is extremely great to have his guidance here. Hope he will continue giving that even more in the coming days.

Also Hope to see you even "more in touch" here in the coming times.
hildebrand
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 15 2008, 04:37 AM) *

HB,

A really well thought and well crafted post. Thanks.

smile.gif

Since you joined the board a little late (not that I am a very early bird), you may not be aware about some other great contributors like Dharmvir ji , Aly baba and Usha ji to name a few. Particularly during my stay here on HF for last two and half years, I am so fortunate to have found many friends, supporters, well-wishers and great human beings. As I have re-iterated earlier many times, my only role on Geeta Dutt forum (the only forum where I am really active, 70% of my posts are here) is that of a catalyst. The only intention is to bring the melodious songs sung by our beloved singer to every one's attention. I never have and will never want to take any accolades for whatever little I do in my limited capacity.

Its the greatness of our dear Mahesh (Doctor sahab) who has brought this forum to this stage. His knowledege, collection and willing ness to share the joy are un-parallel. The song listings we see so easily are the result of a great dedicated hard work this gentleman must have been doing for years together. With contributions from all the generous members, it is great to see where we are.

Its a pleasure to see some new members join in bringing in so much of energy and happiness.

Let us do our bit to keep the memory of our dear singer Geeta ji alive.

thumbs-up.gif

Parag

Thanks for your kind words Parag ji.
I agree with you on the great work being done by Mahesh ji who has been putting so much efforts to bring forward the greatness of geeta ji. He has done a work of exemplary importance to make this once fledgeling forum to the heights it has reached and shall continue to grow under his watchful guidance in the coming years. His willingness to share has only been increasing with time. May it grow manifold like his big heart. Geeta ji would have been extremely proud of him if she had been alive today.

I have not had much interaction with Dharamvir ji, Usha ji and Alybaba but have seen some old posts of theirs. Request someone to bring them back if possible. Geeta forum ke kanthhaar ko sab motiyon ki zaroorat hai. Everybody's contribution is needed to spread the joy in Geeta ji's voice to many more people in the world.
Exon
I am quite a junior to all all of you. But, I would like to take this opportunity to thank CM2 and Sangeet for their contributions to the entire forum. In their busy life, they have always found time to post some timeless songs in many sections of this forum.

Exon
simplefable
QUOTE(Exon @ Nov 19 2008, 08:22 PM) *

I would like to take this opportunity to thank CM2 and Sangeet for their contributions to the entire forum. In their busy life, they have always found time to post some timeless songs in many sections of this forum.

Exon ..Thanks a lot for reflecting my thoughts..The two generous souls have been pillars of this forum. I have nothing but the highest degree of appreciation for them both... bow.gif
smahesh
dear hildebrandji,
thanks for the kind words.i don't think i deserve them.when i joined the forum in 2004,there were generous and helpful members like bappa,ummer,abbasi and alybaba who were great geeta fans.also there were[ they still are] allrounders like mohd bhai,dharamvirji,cm2ji,r&dji[rajnishji],bobby bhai,mahesh sharmaji,madhviji and anupamaji who have made tremendous contribution.and of course there is parag whose contribution in the geeta dutt forum is unparalleled.your own contribution of old songs is also remarkable.

regards,
mahesh
parag_sankla
Mahesh..

A few things..

smile1.gif

Hildebrand is a college going kid..and loves Geeta ji's songs a lot. Just as crazy like you and me...

And please ..no one has kept this forum alive from early years but you..As I mentioned in the site announcement thread, the team could not have written anything without the numerous songs you shared and so much data/trivia/lists you provided..!

As far as I am concerned, my role is to keep GD forum active and make it known to more and more people..nothing more..

We all miss you so much on GD forum..not just for the rarest of the rare songs you share..but your mere presence makes a thread special.

Among the current active HF members, no one knows more about Geeta ji than you. It makes me sad when I see you logged on and not seen on GD forum..of course its your choice what you (or any one) wants to do, but we all know how much you admire and love Geeta's songs..

Please..grace the GD forum with your knowledgable posts when you can.
We truly miss you...

Parag
smahesh
parag,
as soon as i enter my office ,i log on and keep on doing my work.at times i don't look at the screen for hours.its usually on weekends and in the evenings i am active on hf.
of course will try to be more active on gd forum.

regards,
mahesh
hildebrand
QUOTE(smahesh @ Nov 22 2008, 11:55 AM) *

parag,
as soon as i enter my office ,i log on and keep on doing my work.at times i don't look at the screen for hours.its usually on weekends and in the evenings i am active on hf.
of course will try to be more active on gd forum.

regards,
mahesh

Thanks Mahesh ji for making that resolve to be more active. Looking forward to seeing you here.

I agree with you about the contribution about others is also good. (Apne great contribution ke muttaliq to aap modest ho as usual). If some one is in touch with them request them to come back for me. We need as many great fans here as we can.
parag_sankla
Since this is a thanking thread posted by HB, I wanted to take an opportunity to thank all the music fans of HF. The season of thanksgiving was just the last week and the festival of Christmas is round the corner.

HF has been like a Santa Clause for a fan of Geeta ji like me. Some one shares rare photos of Geeta ji, some one else uses his technical experts in preparing and formatting the songs lists, many members share songs in CDQ, some generous ones share really rare ones!

When I remember myself as the school kid checking the audio cassette shops for cassettes of songs of Geeta ji, I realize how easier it is now to listen to the songs of our beloved singer.

Thanks to computer, internet, HF and most importantly generous persons who share such rare gems with all.

Thanks one and all

Cheers
Parag
parag_sankla
Over the last weekend, I was listening to may rare songs of Geeta ji which I collected over a period of 3 years being on HF. So many songs, so many memories..

Every one of them had a bunch of requests and follow-ups..And then there used to be a generous member who used to surprise us by sharing it.

Be it a 78 RPM recording, a vinyl rip, CDQ or be a radio recording! The joy of listening to a never before heard song is un-parallel. Till date, I get goose bumps listening to sweet songs like "Yeh hawa yeh fiza" (NF) or "Yeh dard muhabbat ka"

Thanks to one and all for making our lives so wonderful!

Parag
hildebrand
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ May 14 2009, 04:23 AM) *

Over the last weekend, I was listening to may rare songs of Geeta ji which I collected over a period of 3 years being on HF. So many songs, so many memories..

Every one of them had a bunch of requests and follow-ups..And then there used to be a generous member who used to surprise us by sharing it.

Be it a 78 RPM recording, a vinyl rip, CDQ or be a radio recording! The joy of listening to a never before heard song is un-parallel. Till date, I get goose bumps listening to sweet songs like "Yeh hawa yeh fiza" (NF) or "Yeh dard muhabbat ka"

Thanks to one and all for making our lives so wonderful!

Parag

+1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.