Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Extended Film Versions
Hamara Forums > Legends > Mohd Rafi
Akhtar
Hi all,

Many of you will know that HMV often cut out a stanza or two (plus any additional music) when making songs commercially available. As a result, these stanzas are often lost forever and the consumer is left none the wiser. In this thread I intend to upload as many film versions of songs that I have. In most cases, the sound quality will be close enough to CD quality. So here we go:

Kahan Jaa Raha Hae
Film Name: Seema
Year: 1955
Lyrics: Shailendra
MD:Shankar Jaikishan
Length: 4.33 @ 192 kbps.
venkat
Akhthar Ji,

Great thread, indeed. I always look forward to the Film versions of the great songs of Rafi Saab!

Venkat
Akhtar
Sau Baar Janam Lainge
Film Name: Ustadon Ke Ustad 1963
Lyrics: Asad Bhopali
MD: Ravi
Length: 5.22 @ 192 kbps
Akhtar
Tum Chali Jaogi
Film Name: Shagoon
Year: 1964
Lyrics: Sahir
MD: Khaiyyaam
Length: 4.03 @ 192 kbps
hamaraprince
Hi all,

Many of you will know that HMV often cut out a stanza or two (plus any additional music) when making songs commercially available. As a result, these stanzas are often lost forever and the consumer is left none the wiser. In this thread I intend to upload as many film versions of songs that I have. In most cases, the sound quality will be close enough to CD quality
'Akhtar' Bhai,

Congratulations and thank you Akhtar Bhai for the opening of this thread. There are many songs (EP, LP & Casstettes) which we have listened to over the years only to discover that there were/are extra bits and pieces here and there in the songs. I personally having years of experience listening to many of these examples have to unforunately mention as we probably have already noticed that Mohd. Rafi Sahab was the main target here who's songs were either sliced or even more worse vanished! To be fair there maybe other reasons for this kind of trend to occure other than just editing but true fans of Mohd. Rafi sahab would never consider them valid! I mean we are talking here about the one and only irresplacable true awaazon ka Baadshah Mohd. Rafi Sahab. Every bit of his voice counts! I would just like to mention one extra stanza which comes to my mind which truly surprised me emotionally which I heard for the first time whilst I was on holiday abroad from the movie 'Bhai Bhai' which was on cable tv, and those missing lines were 'Zindagani mein kahaye rang ke mor aate hain, Tu salaamat rahe shahir ki dua kahti hai, Chand ghat ta hai ghate husn tera bhar tha rahe, Main rahoon ya na rahoon meri wafa kahti hai...' Soon after I had discovered this stanza was included but strictly only in the full album release which was very rare as opposed to the hits album which was so so popular on LP's and Cassettes. Having said all that there are many many extra stanzas or bits and pieces as mention earlier which you simply won't find on the album soundtracks. Finally on a lighter note you will find many extra surprises when you watch old movies but even then you may find some songs dissappearing as I have done but then again thats another story!

Prince
Erum Hashmi
Thank you, Akhtarji for starting the thread!
A similar thread is by Sukeshji!
Akhtar
Thankyou fellow Rafi fans for your appreciation.

There is some extra music at the start of this one, and also an extra stanza. It is well over a minute longer than the album version (which is about 3.15)

Aawaz Deke Humen Tum Bulao
Film Name: Professor
Year: 1962
Lyrics: Hasrat Jaipuri
MD: Shankar Jaikishan
Length: 4.53 @ 192 kbps
Akhtar
Mujhe Dard-e-Dil Ka Pata
Film Name: Akash Deep 1965
Lyrics: Majrooh
MD: Chitragupt
Length: 4.14 @ 192 kbps
kamalamohanty
Akhtar Bhai,

Thanks a lot for the extended version songs of Rafi Saab.

Kamala Mohanty
Akhtar
QUOTE(kamalamohanty @ Sep 23 2008, 04:31 PM) *

Akhtar Bhai,

Kamala Mohanty

Your kind words are appreciated. Here is another extended song.

Mehfil Se Uth Janewalon
Film: Dooj Ka Chand, 1964
MD: Roshan
Length: 4.00 @ 192 kbps
venkat
QUOTE(Akhtar @ Sep 23 2008, 10:38 PM) *

QUOTE(kamalamohanty @ Sep 23 2008, 04:31 PM) *

Akhtar Bhai,

Kamala Mohanty

Your kind words are appreciated. Here is another extended song.

Mehfil Se Uth Janewalon
Film: Dooj Ka Chand, 1964
MD: Roshan
Length: 4.00 @ 192 kbps

Many sincere thanks for this Full version.

The initial hum by Rafi Saab in this great song is so similar to the one that is at the beginning of another great Rafi song from Film:Haqeekat(1964), "Main Yeh Soch Kar Uske Dar Se Utha Thha".

Both the songs are of 1964, one by Roshan and one by Madan Mohan!!!

Venkat

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.