Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Unorthodox Lingering Tunes
Hamara Forums > Legends > Mohd Rafi
myawan
I am starting a new topic in which I'll upload some songs of Rafi sahab whose tunes are different. Those compositions are exclusive in a way that whenever I listen to them, I feel that the composer must have put in some extra effort for that. Or you can say that these tunes are not crafted but descended upon the composer.

Starting with a classy tune........'Tumse Door Rehke Hum Ne Jana Pyar Kya Hai.....' from Adaalat (1976) composed by great Kalyanji Anandji.

Its just such a free flowing melody that no part of this song is boring...and voices of great Rafi and Lata, what else you wish for.....

3:09, 128kbps
myawan
Here is another awesome melody, in Bollywood I hardly see compositions of this type. This is one of the songs in which Rafi saab's voice is used so beautifully. One of my personal favourites, it just attracts me....... 'Jaanay Kahan Gay Tum, Bechain Hain Rangeen Nazaare.......' from Aaja Sanam (1975) composed by Usha Khanna.

4:48, 128kbps

myawan
This thread would be incomplete without your comments. So please comment.
venkat
QUOTE(myawan @ Aug 24 2008, 02:45 PM) *

This thread would be incomplete without your comments. So please comment.

Rafi Saab had not only sung the largest number of categories of songs-- Romantic, Sad, Ghazal, Classical, Semi-Classical, Comedy, Modern/Stylish, Qawali, Patriotic, Moralistic, Political, Bhajan, High-Pitch, Medium-pitch, Low-pitch, Full-throated, Humming, Whispering, etc.

He had also sung the largest variety of tunes for over 250 MDs in all.

Some tunes are straight and ordinary, but many are real off-beat and uniquely different.

Thanks, Yusuf Bhai, for starting this thread.

Venkat
Erum Hashmi
QUOTE(myawan @ Aug 24 2008, 10:53 AM) *
I am starting a new topic in which I'll upload some songs of Rafi sahab whose tunes are different. Those compositions are exclusive in a way that whenever I listen to them, I feel that the composer must have put in some extra effort for that. Or you can say that these tunes are not crafted but descended upon the composer.

Great topic! smile.gif

Right now, I can think of two songs:

Mahboobaa... Teri Tasveer Kis Tarah Main Banaaoon

Jaane Kahaan Dekhaa Hai

venkat
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Aug 24 2008, 04:04 PM) *

QUOTE(myawan @ Aug 24 2008, 10:53 AM) *

Great topic! smile.gif

Right now, I can think of two songs:

Mahboobaa... Teri Tasveer Kis Tarah Main Banaaoon

Jaane Kahaan Dekhaa Hai

I stongly second that second song, "Jaagi Jaagi Aankhiyon--Jaane Kahan Dekha Hai Kahan Dekha Hai Tumhe" from Film:Biwi Aur Makaan-1966. smile.gif
myawan
rating of this thread has been poor, I think you people haven't liked the idea............

well, anyways normally my threads get a poor rating quite straightaway. I guess, due to some of my fans......... laugh.gif
usrafian
In the line, I can say that the following song always amazes me...

Jaane Kahaan Gayee
Del Mera Le Gayee Le Gayee Woh.

Antras of 4 lines, first 3 lines at the same high pitch level in Pancham Sur & the last 4th one suddelny drops down, Kucch hatt-Ke ..
Eg. just recall this antraa..

Aaj Toota Huaaaaa.a.a.a,
Dil Ka Ye Saaz Hai,
Ab Woh Naghme Kahaaan,
Sirf Awaaz Hai Haye.
Sirf Awaaz Hai
Jaane Kahaan Gayee

Friends, Haath-Kangan Ko Aarsi Kya Aur Pade-Likhe Ko Pharsi Kya, khud hi sun lo...

Film - Dil apna Preet Prayee
192 04:37

Click to view attachment

USR
venkat
QUOTE(myawan @ Aug 29 2008, 06:11 AM) *

rating of this thread has been poor, I think you people haven't liked the idea............

well, anyways normally my threads get a poor rating quite straightaway. I guess, due to some of my fans......... laugh.gif

Do you want me to name them, Yusuf?

But, you do not have monopoly over those 'fans'. They are my ardent fans, too. biggrin.gif

Venkat
nasar
There are two songs which always say these are for Rafi Saab only, both have music by Khayyam.

Jane Kaya Doondte rehte hain yeh

Kahin Ek Masoom Nazuk Se larki
nasir
QUOTE(usrafian @ Aug 29 2008, 04:12 PM) *

In the line, I can say that the following song always amazes me...

Jaane Kahaan Gayee
Del Mera Le Gayee Le Gayee Woh.

Antras of 4 lines, first 3 lines at the same high pitch level in Pancham Sur & the last 4th one suddelny drops down, Kucch hatt-Ke ..
Eg. just recall this antraa..

Aaj Toota Huaaaaa.a.a.a,
Dil Ka Ye Saaz Hai,
Ab Woh Naghme Kahaaan,
Sirf Awaaz Hai Haye.
Sirf Awaaz Hai
Jaane Kahaan Gayee

Friends, Haath-Kangan Ko Aarsi Kya Aur Pade-Likhe Ko Pharsi Kya, khud hi sun lo...

Film - Dil apna Preet Prayee
192 04:37

Click to view attachment

USR

I remember hearing this song many years ago. (I'm not qualified to download from HF). I beg to differ with you Rafian bhai. But if this song were to be given to another singer, there would have been a great mess. wHY? Because of the monotonous tune. It's only Rafi Sahaab who has put life into this song by rendering subtle nuances of the lyrics in a way that only he could do.

Secondly, no justice has been done to this song by Kamal Amrohi as well. The picturisation is poor and the song is picturized on an unknown insignificant character and in a manner which leaves no impression on the mind of the viewer - unlike the Lata song: Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh. I remember this song of Rafi Sahaab's precisely for the injustice done to it by the maker of DIL APNA PREET PARAI L(1960).

myawan
I am presenting another song here, I just love the way Rafi saab says 'ho ho ho......' repeatedly. Normally in recording rooms its a practice for singers to give suggestions as what they think could be more suitable but as Sachin Da was quite senior considering the age, there is an impression in my mind that Rafi saab never moved offline much from his directions even before or during recording, although he wanted to, specially in light songs as this one. smile1.gif Comments?

Song is 'Tum Mere Saath Ho Ahha Ha Ha.......' from Miyan Biwi Razi, 1959, S.D Burman

3:14, 128kbps

Aisi Sham Roz Roz Pyar Le Ke Aay....
Do Dilon Ko Roz Roz Is Jagah Milay.....

venkat
Another distinctly different tune is :

Hai Kali Kali Ke Lab Par (Ting Ting Ting Tararam), Tere Husn Ka Fasaana, Mere Gulsitan Ka Sab Kuch (Thararararam), Tera Sirf Muskuraanaaaaa

FilM;Lala Rukh (1958)--Khayyam

This tune fascinates me and makes me feel that it is a haunting tune from some very distant and mysterious lands!!! smile.gif

Venkat
princeali
Excellent thread Awan-bhai !! biggrin.gif

Two Rafi-Lata duets come to mind:

Rut hai milan ki (Mela/1971) composed by RDB, its such a charming song, with a wonderful melody and a haunting atmoshphere, right from the beginning with the "nigh" sounds as if you're in a jungle or some place in the forest, righ throughout with the music and the fantastic singing from Rafi and Lata.

The other is Mujhse bhala yeh kajal tera (The Train/1970) again composed by RDB, its totally melodious right throughout, with a brisky pace, and very trendy music. Rafi and Lata in top form as always.

nasir
...Whose tunes are different...

Based on the above, the songs that instantly come to mind are:

DILRUBA, DIL PE TU, from Raj Kumar (1964). Hear Rafi Sahaab's 360 degree change of voice towards the end when he sings: HAMM BHI TOH AAG MEIN JALTE RAHE.....

Then I remember the Dil Deke Dekho (1959) songs, particularly KAUN YEH AAYA MEHFIL MEIN... where it's such a plessure to listen to THE VOICE rendering PYAAR KIYA HAI TOH KAR KE NIBAAHNA.....OH AHA AHA....

The above song takes me to 1965 where in Love in Tokyo Rafi Sahaab renders AAJA RE AA ZARA.... Listen how he changes his voice in the Antaras: DEKH FIZAA MEIN RANGG BHARA HAI....
(Incidentally, this tune is copies as an intermezzo music in the song by SJ just before: SAMAJHTE HO KHUD KO JAANE KYA TUM... in HASEEN HO TUM KHUDA NAHIN HO.. in Budtameez which was released in 1966 I think.

mirsa
Nice thread, Congrats to Myawan for initiating this one.

I feel this song also has a place in this thread:

---Manzil Ki Chah Mein.....

-Singers: Mohd.Rafi & Saathi- --Lyrics: Sahir Ludhianvi-Music: S D Burman--Film: Devdas (1955)

Mohd. M.
bawlachintu
QUOTE(myawan @ Aug 29 2008, 06:11 AM) *

biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Ama Miyan, rating shating mein kya rakha hai. rolleyes.gif
Asli masla to ye hai ki thread mein masala kaisa hai !
myawan
Another tune of its kind is 'Dharti Azad Hai Aasman Azad....Lehron Ki Goad Main Zindagi Aabad......' from Sindbad The Sailor.

Its just such a beautiful free flowing composition by Chitragupt.....specially the 'AAAAAA......' part! smile1.gif

3:10, 128kbps
nasir
QUOTE(nasir @ Sep 1 2008, 10:24 AM) *

...Whose tunes are different...

Based on the above, the songs that instantly come to mind are:

DILRUBA, DIL PE TU, from Raj Kumar (1964). Hear Rafi Sahaab's 360 degree change of voice towards the end when he sings: HAMM BHI TOH AAG MEIN JALTE RAHE.....

Then I remember the Dil Deke Dekho (1959) songs, particularly KAUN YEH AAYA MEHFIL MEIN... where it's such a plessure to listen to THE VOICE rendering PYAAR KIYA HAI TOH KAR KE NIBAAHNA.....OH AHA AHA....

The above song takes me to 1965 where in Love in Tokyo Rafi Sahaab renders AAJA RE AA ZARA.... Listen how he changes his voice in the Antaras: DEKH FIZAA MEIN RANGG BHARA HAI....
(Incidentally, this tune is copies as an intermezzo music in the song by SJ just before: SAMAJHTE HO KHUD KO JAANE KYA TUM... in HASEEN HO TUM KHUDA NAHIN HO.. in Budtameez which was released in 1966 I think.

Another song that comes to my mind in the above category is Rafi Sahaab's ILAAHI TUU SUN LE HAMAALI DUA... from Chhote Nawab (1961). Apart from the beautiful lisping, the song is full of pathos. According to me, it is this aspect of Rafi Sahaab's voice that Singer Anwar has gathered.

myawan
Another amazing tune that I am presenting in this thread is 'Yeh Sham Hai Dhuan Dhuan Fiza Bahot Udaas Hai.......' from 'Ek Nao Do Kinare'.
The specialty of this tune is that it creates an atmosphere of evening around you.
There are many early 70s tunes that are really really appealing, it might be due to the fact that many new composers had then chance to work with Rafi saab and explore their talents.
Composer is Brij Bhushan and year is 1973.

2:50, 128kbps
usrafian
I would like to include both type of Rafian songs..Duets as well as Solos.

Whenever I see 'passing of evening' in an naturally rich location
OR
Whenever I heard following songs ...

...impact is vice-versa . VIRTUAL TRANSPORTATION.

Duet ->
Film - Vasna
MD - Chiragupt
Lyrics-Sahir

Ye Parbaton Ke Daayere, Ye Shaam Ka Dhuaan
Aise Mein Kyun Na Chhed Den Dilon Ki Dastaan

Solo->

Ik Hasiin Shaam Ko, Dil Mera Kho Gayaa
Pehele Apna Hua Kartaa Tha, Ab Kisi Ka Ho Gayaa

Madan Mohan with Raja Mehendi Ali Khan

USR

myawan
A beautiful song from 'Dillagi', (1966) music by Laxmikant Pyarelal.....and ofcourse it has a different feeling, might be because of some arabic touch, I also like how the initial tempo building and humming.

'Taoba Yeh Nazaray, Yeh Qatil Isharay.....'

4:42, 128kbps
myawan
Next is from 'Shahi Lutera', composition by Bulo C Rani, 1965....co singer is kamal barot.

'Hata Do Chehre Se Zulfain.........' 4:48, 128kbps

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.