Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Geeta Ji's Association With South Indian Movies
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
parag_sankla
As with case of any music lover, the journey generally begins with liking the popular songs and gradually goes to loving lesser heard numbers to hunting rare songs. In my case too, the "Geeta journy" started with Baabuji dheere chalana, continued with melodies like Raat mohe meetha meetha sapna aaya re and now hunting rarest of the rare songs of hers.

During this journey, I observed that Geeta ji has sung for some movies which are remakes of superhit South Indian movies. I think majority of these movies are produced by AVM, the magnum opus of South.

All of these songs have been shared on HF by some of the most generous members. I take this opportunity to thank them all.

The songs which come to my mind are :

Baat chalat nayee chunari rang daari - Ladki - MD : R Sudarshanam and Dhaniram
Kabootar aaja aaja re - Mangala - MD : Emani Shankara Sastry and Balakrishna S Kalla
Jhanan jhanan jhanawa - Mangala - MD : Emani Shankara Sastry and Balakrishna S Kalla
Tan man mera tarase - Patal Bhairavi - MD : Ghantasala garu
Gunjat bhanvara jhoomat kaliyan - Patal Bhairavi - MD : Ghantasala garu
Kahin preet se bhara koi geet gaa raha - (with Talat Mahmood) - Patal Bhairavi - MD : Ghantasala garu
Sunle rani meri kahaani - Patal Bhairavi - MD : Ghantasala garu
Jaaoongi maike jaaoongi ab teri meri tooti re - (with G M Durrani) - Patal Bhairavi - MD : Ghantasala garu
Naache ghoda beech bazaar - Chitralekha - MD : S. Rajeshwar Rao
Aao aao kahani suno - (with Jikki Krishnaveni) - Mr Sampat - MD : Emani Shankara Sastry and Balakrishna S Kalla
Aji hum bharat ki naari - (with Jikki Krishnaveni) - Mr Sampat - MD : Emani Shankara Sastry and Balakrishna S Kalla
Hindustan mahaan - (with Jikki Krishnaveni) - Mr Sampat - MD : Emani Shankara Sastry and Balakrishna S Kalla
Oh bairagi banawaasi - Mr Sampat - MD : Emani Shankara Sastry and Balakrishna S Kalla
Chalo paniya bharan ko - (with Jikki Krishnaveni and P B Srinivas) - Mr Sampat - MD : Emani Shankara Sastry and Balakrishna S Kalla
Lukhnow chalo ab raani - (with G M Durrani) - Sansar - MD :Emani Shankara Sastry, Parthasarathy and Balakrishna S Kalla
Humien ne muhabbat ki duniyaa basayi - (with V. Sarla and P. Leela) - Sansar - MD :Emani Shankara Sastry, Parthasarathy and Balakrishna S Kalla

I am sure there are more of such songs. Requesting all to help with more such numbers (if any).
parag_sankla
Baat chalat nai chunari rang dari_Geeta Dutt_1953_R Sudarshanam and Dhaniram_Rajinder Krishan_128KBPS_0259min.mp3
parag_sankla
Kabootar aaja aaja re_Geeta Dutt_Mangala_1950_ESSastry_BSKalla_192KBPS_0213min.mp3
parag_sankla
Does any one know if Geeta ji has sung any song(s) in any of the south Indian languages (Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malyalam)?

simplefable
Parag...Though Geeta ji is a favorite singer of south, when it comes to Hindi, i dont think She has sung in Telugu. Actually i have been searching for them and couldnt even get a nod from anyone regarding that. Lata has sung only one song in telugu so is Talat who sang only one number. Asha, ofcourse has many songs in telugu to her credit. Would love to hear Geeta ji in telugu.. a pipe dream ofcourse... smile.gif

Can you please post the songs...
Sun re rani..meri kahani....and Maike jaaoongi..both from Patal Bhairavi?
Thanks.
parag_sankla
Buddy

Erum ji uploaded the song Maike jaaongi some time back, so I can re-upload that soon. No one has the other 2 songs (AFAIK).

Cheers
Parag
parag_sankla
Patal Bhairavi (1952)
Jaaongi maike jaaongi
Geeta Dutt, G M Durrani
MD : Ghantasala
Lyrics: Pandit Indra
128 KBPS
02.39 min
mp3

Audio courtesy generous member Erum Hashmi ji

smile.gif

simplefable
Parag...Thankyou...and yes, thanks to Erum ji also.. smile.gif
parag_sankla
Thanks to Erum ji.

Reviving the request for the 2 solo songs of Geeta ji

Thanks
Parag
simplefable
Parag..if you would like to know how the song.."Gunjat bhawra" ..sounds like...here you can listen to that song..a sweet song.. just my imagination.. smile.gif

http://www.4shared.com/file/74671083/22652...Ghantasala.html
parag_sankla
QUOTE(simplefable @ Dec 5 2008, 05:18 PM) *

Parag..if you would like to know how the song.."Gunjat bhawra" ..sounds like...here you can listen to that song..a sweet song.. just my imagination.. smile.gif

Thanks buddy. Will listen to it now

Cheers
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(simplefable @ Dec 5 2008, 05:18 PM) *

Wow, its a sweet song. P. Leela really has a melodious voice. So the original was made in 1951 and then remade in Hindi in 1952.

Thanks again

Parag
parag_sankla
Jhanan jhanan jhanawa
Geeta Dutt
Mangla (1950)
B S Kalla
Indra Chandra
192 KBPS
02.38 min
mp3

Audio courtesy generous HF members
simplefable
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Dec 6 2008, 10:09 PM) *

Wow, its a sweet song. P. Leela really has a melodious voice. So the original was made in 1951 and then remade in Hindi in 1952.

Parag..Leela is one of the finest singers who has got so many lovely songs to her credit. Actually she is a keralite and didnt know a bit of telugu ..yet had such a fine diction that none could detect it. As you know Patal bhairavi is a cult movie..and is still valued for high technical values down south. smile.gif
parag_sankla
QUOTE(simplefable @ Dec 9 2008, 05:11 PM) *

As you know Patal bhairavi is a cult movie..and is still valued for high technical values down south. smile.gif

Unfortunately the only Patal Bhairavi I knew before joining HF was a disaster starring Jeetendra and Jaya Prada..and not to mention Dimple Kapadia singing "Chumma chumma mujhko bana le priyatamma" in the voice of Salma Agha.

wink.gif

Cheers
Parag
simplefable
Parag.... laugh.gif
The saddest part is that it is a remake of the original.where as Geeta ji sang for the dubbed version. Jeetendra is a favorite star of southies...and lots of terrible films were remade during those times..smile.gif

parag_sankla
I heard that the original remake had starred Krishna and it was remade remade in Hindi with Jeetendra as the leading man.

Remake ka remake..

tongue1.gif

Cheers
Parag
hildebrand
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Dec 10 2008, 06:50 AM) *

QUOTE(simplefable @ Dec 9 2008, 05:11 PM) *

As you know Patal bhairavi is a cult movie..and is still valued for high technical values down south. smile.gif

Unfortunately the only Patal Bhairavi I knew before joining HF was a disaster starring Jeetendra and Jaya Prada..and not to mention Dimple Kapadia singing "Chumma chumma mujhko bana le priyatamma" in the voice of Salma Agha.

wink.gif

Cheers
Parag

Nice discussion Parag and Simple ji
Never heard this Salma Agha song. Request for the song. tongue1.gif
parag_sankla
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Dec 13 2008, 07:50 AM) *

Nice discussion Parag and Simple ji
Never heard this Salma Agha song. Request for the song. tongue1.gif

Now this is called variety in the taste!

wink.gif

Cheers
Parag
hildebrand
taste ke laayak hai ya nahi yeh to gaana sun ke hi pata chalega. Salma Agha's voice I like normally.
parag_sankla
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Dec 14 2008, 10:43 PM) *

taste ke laayak hai ya nahi yeh to gaana sun ke hi pata chalega. Salma Agha's voice I like normally.

rotate1.gif
parag_sankla
Thanks to our friend HB, this is a rare information found:

http://faculty.ist.unomaha.edu/pdasgupta/h...r_languages.htm

The webpage says :

The songs from the Hindi movie Anandmath(1952) composed by Hemant Kumar were released in Tamil as well for the Tamil dubbed version of the movie

Since Geeta ji sang as many as 4 songs for this film in Hindi, there is a possibility that she could have sung the Tamil versions of the same.

Any idea on this ?

Thanks
Parag

parag_sankla
Does any one know if Geeta ji has sung any song(s) in any of the south Indian languages (Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malyalam)?

Thanks
Parag

parag_sankla
QUOTE(simplefable @ Dec 3 2008, 06:12 PM) *

Parag...Though Geeta ji is a favorite singer of south, when it comes to Hindi, i dont think She has sung in Telugu. Actually i have been searching for them and couldnt even get a nod from anyone regarding that. Lata has sung only one song in telugu so is Talat who sang only one number. Asha, ofcourse has many songs in telugu to her credit. Would love to hear Geeta ji in telugu.. a pipe dream ofcourse... smile.gif

Buddy, where are you? We all miss you!

yogihit
hello All
last month i met a guy who claimed that he have tamil songs sung by geeta dutt..
at that time i just laugh.gif
now i must follow up for it..

Thanks
Yogi
hildebrand
QUOTE(yogihit @ May 22 2009, 03:55 PM) *

hello All
last month i met a guy who claimed that he have tamil songs sung by geeta dutt..

Thanks
Yogi

You loled at that. mad.gif Not just follow him, chase him down aur jab tak de na de chhodna nahi! rolleyes.gif
Debopriyo
Baat chalat nayee chunari rang daari - Ladki - MD R Sudarshanam and Dhaniram
Time 2:47
Bitrate 128kbps
parag_sankla
QUOTE(yogihit @ May 22 2009, 03:25 AM) *

hello All

Thanks
Yogi

Yogesh..

Any update on this one? We would love to hear these songs (and will request for translation to our friends who understand Tamil)

Looking forward to hearing them

Cheers
Parag

simplefable
This is quite interesting..please follow the lead Yogi.. smile.gif
parag_sankla
Reviving the request for the 2 solo songs of Geeta ji

Thanks
Parag
parag_sankla
Requesting another rare gem of Geeta ji

Chandralekha (1948) - Mat ga mat gaa re,yeh sher bachhe- Geeta ,other voices,Chorus - MD : S. rajeshwar Rao

Thanks
Parag

parag_sankla
QUOTE(yogihit @ May 22 2009, 03:25 AM) *

hello All

Thanks
Yogi

Yogesh

Any updates on this one? Please..

Thanks
Parag
parag_sankla
Here is the complete list of songs Geeta ji has sung for Hindi films which are remakes of South Indian films:

Naache ghoda beech bazaar - Chandralekha (1948) - MD : S. Rajeshwar Rao
Mat gaa re mat gaa re yeh sher bachche dar rahe hain - Chandralekha (1948) - MD : S. Rajeshwar Rao
Tan man mera tarase - Patal Bhairavi (1951) - MD : Ghantasala
Gunjat bhanvara jhoomat kaliyan - Patal Bhairavi (1951) - MD : Ghantasala
Kahin preet se bhara koi geet gaa raha - (with Talat Mahmood) - Patal Bhairavi (1951) - MD : Ghantasala
Sunle rani meri kahaani - Patal Bhairavi (1951) - MD : Ghantasala
Jaaoongi maike jaaoongi ab teri meri tooti re - (with G M Durrani) - Patal Bhairavi (1951) - MD : Ghantasala
Oh duniyaawale kitne zalim hai - Bahaar (1951) - MD: S D Burman
Bhagawan do ghadi zara insaan ban ke dekh - Bahaar (1951) - MD: S D Burman
Lukhnow chalo ab raani - (with G M Durrani) - Sansar (1951) - MD :Emani Shankara Sastry, Parthasarathy and Balakrishna S Kalla
Humien ne muhabbat ki duniyaa basayi - (with V. Sarla and P. Leela) - Sansar (1951) - MD :Emani Shankara Sastry, Parthasarathy and Balakrishna S Kalla
Kabootar aaja aaja re - Mangala (1951) - MD : Emani Shankara Sastry and Balakrishna S Kalla
Jhanan jhanan jhanawa - Mangala (1951) - MD : Emani Shankara Sastry and Balakrishna S Kalla
Aao aao kahani suno - (with Jikki Krishnaveni) - Mr Sampat (1952) - MD : Emani Shankara Sastry and Balakrishna S Kalla
Aji hum bharat ki naari - (with Jikki Krishnaveni) - Mr Sampat (1952) - MD : Emani Shankara Sastry and Balakrishna S Kalla
Hindustan mahaan - (with Jikki Krishnaveni) - Mr Sampat (1952) - MD : Emani Shankara Sastry and Balakrishna S Kalla
Oh bairagi banawaasi - Mr Sampat (1952) - MD : Emani Shankara Sastry and Balakrishna S Kalla
Chalo paniya bharan ko - (with Jikki Krishnaveni and P B Srinivas) - Mr Sampat (1952) - MD : Emani Shankara Sastry and Balakrishna S Kalla
Baat chalat nayee chunari rang daari - Ladki (1953) - MD : R Sudarshanam and Dhaniram
Chheen le khushiyaa meri - Ladki (1953) - MD : R Sudarshanam and Dhaniram
Man mor machave shor - (with Lata Mangeshkar) - Ladki (1953) - MD : R Sudarshanam and Dhaniram

Are there any such songs?

Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
Reviving the request for these rare songs of Geeta ji:

Mat gaa re mat gaa re yeh sher bachche dar rahe hain - Chandralekha (1948) - MD : S. Rajeshwar Rao
Gunjat bhanvara jhoomat kaliyan - Patal Bhairavi (1951) - MD : Ghantasala
Sunle rani meri kahaani - Patal Bhairavi (1951) - MD : Ghantasala

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Parag

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.