Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stree (1961)
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > C.Ramchandra
swarapriya
Stree (1961)

Shantaram remade this movie from his original classic "Shakuntala (1943)." That movie starred his then wife Jayashree (mother of actress Rajashree of "Geet Gaya Patharo Ne" fame). This time he made the movie with Jayashree's sister, Sandhya. He was divorced to Jayashree and married Sandhya. Shantaram himself starred as Dushyanta in the movie opposite Sandhya's Shakuntala.

C. Ramchandra was again at the helm of music composing tunes for lyrics penned by Bharat Vyas. Lataji was back with CR in this movie and she has several beautiful songs, the one everyone mentions being "O Nirdai Preetam." It is a beautiful song and Lataji renders it excellently. She has altogether four solos in this movie. Mahendra Kapoor's "Kaun Ho Tum," both versions of it are just excellent. So is the duet of Lataji and Mahendra.

Now for the description of songs and songs themselves ...
Exon
Swarapriya,

Some of the audios with me weren't good. Thanks so much.

Exon
Faizel
Thanks for the Album,Swarapriya,

Regards Faizel.
HarshBhatt
Thanks , keep posting
swarapriya
My many thanks for the encouragement given by Exonji, Faizelji, and Harsh Bhattji.

-Swarapriya
hildebrand
Request reupload of songs of this album at your convenience.
swarapriya
Stree (1961)

I am reuploading these songs on request. The extended version of the song is by the courtesy of the Forum members. Its quality is not up to par. Other songs are all from a CD. Here they are ...
parag_sankla
I remember reading somewhere (Possibly Shirish Kanekar's book) this about the music of Stree. By the time this film was launched, Lata ji was not singing with her one time mentor C Ramchandra ji. V. Shantaram was keen on having CR compose the music and Lata ji sing the songs. Its said that Shantaram ji patched up Lata ji and CR ji and the music of Stree was done.

After this film, AFAIK, Lata ji did not sing any film song for CR ji. The only song she sang for him was the patriotic non-film song "Aye mere watan ke logon". There is a long story on this song as well..

hildebrand
Thanks a lot SP for the upload. smile1.gif
pradeepasrani
Possibly the break occured somewhat later.

CR and Lata were together in Bahurani (1963) with some exquisite numbers, Balma Anadi Mun Bhaaye, Main Jagoon Saari Rayan, Umr Huyi Tum Se Miley.

Pradeep

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jan 28 2009, 02:11 AM) *

I remember reading somewhere (Possibly Shirish Kanekar's book) this about the music of Stree. By the time this film was launched, Lata ji was not singing with her one time mentor C Ramchandra ji. V. Shantaram was keen on having CR compose the music and Lata ji sing the songs. Its said that Shantaram ji patched up Lata ji and CR ji and the music of Stree was done.

After this film, AFAIK, Lata ji did not sing any film song for CR ji. The only song she sang for him was the patriotic non-film song "Aye mere watan ke logon". There is a long story on this song as well..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.