Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Media Irks Sonu Nigam
Hamara Forums > Music > Singers > Sonu Nigam
Pages: 1, 2
Nimii
Media irks Sonu Nigam
By IANS
Nov 04, 2004, 02:35

Mumbai, Aug 17 (IANS) Playback singer Sonu Nigam, who has got the National Award for the title song of "Kal Ho Na Ho", is extremely upset with the way a section of the media has projected his troubled marriage.

He is not denying that his marriage is in trouble. "What I can't understand is the way interviews with me are being fabricated and reasons for the problems in my life being put forward as though I've personally endorsed the wild theories being thrown around for the sake of sensational headlines," Sonu told IANS.

The truth is that he hasn't spoken to any journalist so far as it is a personal matter that involves only him, his wife Madhurima and his parents.

"If I wasn't a celebrity I wouldn't have to face this constant barrage of ugly rumours and speculations. Every marriage goes through ups and downs. Not all of them are put under microscopes. Those who can sort out their problems without the paparazzi breathing down their necks are lucky."

Speculation on Sonu's marriage started with a report stating that his special friendship with another woman was the reason for the rift. However, those close to the singer say that differences of opinion between Madhurima and Sonu's parents are responsible.

Says an upset Sonu: "It's a very routine situation. And I'm working on it. I know my wife and I can solve the problem provided the media doesn't ruin it with speculation. I don't think it's right for outsiders, whether the press or anyone else, to get involved in anyone's marriage. Stories are being invented and television shows are having a field day at our cost.

"Interviews are being faked in leading, supposedly responsible, publications. I must say all this is affecting my efforts to do the right thing by my marriage. Only my wife and I know the true facts. This hearsay cannot lead anywhere."

source: http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/hindi/435/
unni
Lo, aaj rat ko phone karke pocchke bataatha hoon. tongue.gif
SAJJAD
Problems and so soon ohmy.gif I think, he pulling Clinton wink2.gif His wife should turn tables on him and get a new boy friend on side....That's my advice and i think its 100% fair! There is NO sense in fighting...just get a partner on side and see everything falls in its place tongue.gif
Nimii
But the wifey does not look the kind sad1.gif she loox typical behenji kind sad1.gif

N sad1.gif
unni
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 5 2004, 12:51 PM)
But the wifey does not look the kind sad1.gif she loox typical behenji kind sad1.gif

N sad1.gif

The "bholi-bhaali-looking" are the dangerous kind. tongue.gif

If they looked liked Nimii and C'lekha and T-ji and Priya, then no problems. (I didn't include Preety and Lata and Shizana since they are still in purdah). smile1.gif
Nimii
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare you tongue.gif!!!!!!!!!

I didnt realize I look so dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep I can be dangerous wink2.gif

N tongue.gif
unni
Aap samjhe nahin. You gals don't "look" bholi-bhali. So we are already on our toes. tongue.gif
Nimii
We dont look bholi bhaali? ohmy.gif

*thud*

How could you even say that ? Itna masooma chehra leke ham ghoomte hai aur aap aise kehete hai hamne sad1.gif bahut na insaafi hai sad1.gif Chitz kahan ho tum sad1.gif

N *sniffles*
unni
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 5 2004, 01:09 PM)
We dont look bholi bhaali? ohmy.gif

*thud*

How could you even say that ? Itna masooma chehra leke ham ghoomte hai aur aap aise kehete hai hamne sad1.gif bahut na insaafi hai sad1.gif Chitz kahan ho tum sad1.gif

N *sniffles*

Maasom chehra, aur qaatil adaayen......
Nimii
I shall wait for Chitz.. akeli akeli phas gayi :|

pooah me :|

N :|
unni
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 5 2004, 01:17 PM)

So, you gals hunt in packs? tongue.gif
Chitralekha
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 5 2004, 10:17 AM)

Arre Nimu let him say what he wants... dekhne wale ko aankh se nahin dil se dekhna padta hai biggrin.gif

Waise bholi-bhali dikhti ladkiyan dil se behenji-auntyji type ho to??? ROFLLLLLLLLLLL tab kya hoga Unni ji? guys would fall for those aunties?
Chitralekha
QUOTE(unni @ Nov 5 2004, 09:55 AM)
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 5 2004, 12:51 PM)

N sad1.gif

The "bholi-bhaali-looking" are the dangerous kind. tongue.gif

If they looked liked Nimii and C'lekha and T-ji and Priya, then no problems. (I didn't include Preety and Lata and Shizana since they are still in purdah). smile1.gif

And so what do we look like? bholi-bhali or behenji or dangerous????? blink.gif
angry2.gif
SAJJAD
[SIZE=7][B][COLOR=red]A U N T Y TYPE laugh.gif ph34r.gif

Waise, look at Unni Bhai pic - he looks sooo harmless sunglasses2.gif

Bago Sajjad Babu...B4 these aunties and uncles woop ur masoom A$$
Chitralekha
QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Nov 5 2004, 02:27 PM)
[SIZE=7][B][COLOR=red]A U N T Y  TYPE laugh.gif  ph34r.gif

Achha aisa hai!! *HMPH* to aunty aap ko janamdin pe jo photo banaake dene wali thi woh nahin dengi tongue.gif

Waise, look at Unni Bhai pic - he looks sooo harmless sunglasses2.gif 

Yea right! dream on.

Bago Sajjad Babu...B4 these aunties and uncles woop ur masoom A$$

Yeh ho hi nahin sakta kyon ki aap ke liye masoom shabd ka prayog bilkul anuchit hai laugh.gif

*bhaago*

waise budday ke din ka kiya pilan hai?
Nimii
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Nov 6 2004, 12:53 AM)
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 5 2004, 10:17 AM)

Arre Nimu let him say what he wants... dekhne wale ko aankh se nahin dil se dekhna padta hai biggrin.gif

Waise bholi-bhali dikhti ladkiyan dil se behenji-auntyji type ho to??? ROFLLLLLLLLLLL tab kya hoga Unni ji? guys would fall for those aunties?

But Chitz he is not going after such kind if u notice considering the way he hangs around the MS thread biggrin.gif plus aaj kal it is Bips biggrin.gif

I think we better move this thread out of this part of the forum :E we are deviating :EEEEEEEEEEEEE

N :E
Pradeep
QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Nov 5 2004, 04:48 PM)
Problems and so soon  ohmy.gif  I think, he pulling Clinton wink2.gif His wife should turn tables on him and get a new boy friend on side....That's my advice and i think its 100% fair! There is NO sense in fighting...just get a partner on side and see everything falls in its place tongue.gif

Don't give her ideas Sajjad... Poor soul. Does anybody have a pic of her's?
Nimii
Grrrr why not ! What is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why it shld only a man who shld cross the threshold wink2.gif

Liberated_N biggrin.gif
Nimii
Yipeeeeeeeee I found a nice pic of the two smile1.gif

Here it is smile1.gif
Chitralekha
She looks like Suzanne Khan's sister.
Nimii
Chitz that is coz of her eyebrows and small fragile frame biggrin.gif

N biggrin.gif
Chitralekha
Very true. Found two more pics of hers.

user posted image

This is one the wedding photo.
user posted image
Nimii
Chitz here is Suzanne and Hrithik!

user posted image

N ohmy.gif
Chitralekha
Yup. thanks smile1.gif waise Madhurima doesnt look so bad. I mean she is fair and has a nice face. Quite pretty one.
Nimii
No who said she does smile1.gif

Homely looking gal smile1.gif I wonder what really could have gone wrong sad1.gif

N sad1.gif
Chitralekha
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 5 2004, 08:17 PM)

Homely looking gal smile1.gif I wonder what really could have gone wrong sad1.gif

N sad1.gif

No I meant she doesnt look like the behenji kind of gal.
Nimii
She is what they call BTM

Behenji turned Mod!

N tongue.gif
Chitralekha
Yup, aka Maniben in Gujju. laugh.gif
Nimii
Lo ek aur word seekh li hamne Gujarati mein biggrin.gif

N biggrin.gif
Chitralekha
LOL yea it's synonym to behenji. U wont believe there's site named maniben.com. so funny laugh.gif
Nimii
what!!!?!?!? wait let me check that one out wink2.gif

btw grrrrrrrrrr where is Unni?? He is supposed to have called Sonu and get me all the latest wink2.gif

Unni sir, enge sir poyitingah?
(unni sir, where have you gone?)

N tongue.gif
unni
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 5 2004, 11:38 PM)
what!!!?!?!? wait let me check that one out wink2.gif

btw grrrrrrrrrr where is Unni?? He is supposed to have called Sonu and get me all the latest wink2.gif

Unni sir, enge sir poyitingah?
(unni sir, where have you gone?)

N tongue.gif

Sonu ki ghanti baj rahi hai. tongue.gif

Magar koi uthata nahin. sad1.gif
Nimii
He must have had a late nite session of "singing"

N sad1.gif
im4afi
sonu's wife does not looks that bad,but they do not form a good couple.
Nimii
Why do you think so im4afi?

N ?
im4afi
sonu is far better than his wife.
iqbal

Is there a pic of Sonu’s wife ?
Nimii
Yes Iqbal I had posted the pic of both of them!

Did you not see it?

N ?
iqbal

No, wud appreciate if you cud post again.

Thnx
Iqbal

Nimii
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?act=...e=post&id=10132

The link is very here on this thread Iqbal. Dekh lijiye smile1.gif

N
iqbal

Thanks Nimii,
She looks pretty, abit like Raveena Tandon
Nimii
Yes she is pretty! But no I didnt find her having any resemblance to RT sad1.gif

N
Chitralekha
QUOTE(iqbal @ Nov 17 2004, 09:17 AM)
Thanks Nimii,
She looks pretty, abit like Raveena Tandon

May be.. I dunno but Raveena has the best physical structure that I have seen til date. She is fit and good looking both at same time. Gals like Antara Mali look like they came from a workout-pageant.
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 5 2004, 11:17 PM)

N sad1.gif

I back Chitz on the opinion of she does look pretty smile1.gif .... Well poor Sonu , if he does not already knows how pretty she is ????

Nimii , now what is this all Homely looking gal thing ? Kisi ke Chehre pe kabhi nahi likha hota hai ki woh homely type hai ki nahi.... ? And isn't it the homely type gals are the most successful in keeping their hubbies tied in a tight rope wink2.gif ......
Bawra Jay
Few months back had come across an interesting article on bollywood marriage and seperated patterns.... nothing related to Sonu but still related to bollywood and life of marriages there......

The pressures of leading a high-profile life with lots of temptations springing up from everywhere and being in the media spotlight constantly has often led many a couple to break up. Now another celebrity star marriage has reportedly hit the dust.
With simmering problems between Saif Ali Khan and Amrita bursting into the open it seems the couple is

heading for splitsville.

Is it that today such celebrity break-ups are coming out more into the open or was this always the trend? Known as one of the biggest film industries in the world is Bollywood going the Hollywood way?

A peek into some of the most memorable survivors and break-ups of filmi marriages:

THE ONES THAT GOT A SECOND CHANCE

• Dharamendra-Hema — inspite of being married to Prakash, he got married to Hema Malini (they have two daughters Esha and Ahana).

• Boney Kapoor-Sridevi — he was married to Mona, Sattee Shourie’s daughter. After getting a divorce from Mona (he has a son and daughter from her) he married Sridevi (today they have two children Janhavi and Khushi)

• Mithun Chakroborty-Yogeeta Bali— he had earlier been married to Helena while Bali was married to Kishore Kumar. They have four children.

• Mahesh Bhatt was married to Kiran (Pooja and Rahul Bhatt’s mother) after which he got divorced and married Soni Razdan. They have been married for the last 18 years.

• Javed Akhtar had been married to Honey Irani when he met Shabana Azmi and fell in love with her. He walked out on the marriage (They had two children, Zoya and Farhan), divorced Honey and got married to Azmi.

• Raj Babbar-Nadira – When Babbar married his co-star Smita Patil the world was shocked. The much-married Babbar had two children and seemed to be happily married to Nadira. But in 1986 after Patil died after childbirth (son Prateek) Babbar and Nadira patched up.

THE SURVIVORS

When Babita walked out on Randhir Kapoor with her two daughters, Karisma and Kareena and started living separately, the Kapoor khandaan was shocked.

After all, the brothers Raj (married to Krishna for 42 years), Shashi (Jennifer who died, married to for 26 years) and Shammi (first wife Geeta Bali who died, then married to Neela Devi for 34 years) might have had their marital problems like any other couple but no one had attempted to separate. The rest:

• Jeetendra-Shobha Kapoor (almost 30 years)
• Dev Anand-Kalpana Kartik (50 years)
• Dilip Kumar-Saira Banu (38 years)
• Amitabh-Jaya (31 years)
• Sunil Dutt-Nargis (24 years, Nargis died)
• Manoj Kumar-Sashi (married for over 40 years)
• Rakesh Roshan-Pinky
• Bina Rai-Premnath (51 years)
• Shah Rukh Khan-Gauri
• Suneil Shetty-Mana
• Govinda-Sunita
• Ajay Devgan-Kajol
• Aditya Panscholi-Zarina Wahab
• Sonali Bendre-Goldie Behl
• Akshay Kumar-Twinkle Khanna

THOSE THAT DIDN’T SURVIVE

• Guru Dutt-Geeta — Dutt fell in love with Waheeda Rehman and wife Geeta started drinking heavily. Waheeda later got married to Kamaljeet, her co-star in Shagun. Dutt, who could never get over his muse, committed suicide in 1964.

• Dimple-Rajesh Khanna — Khanna had asked for a divorce when he was going around with Tina Munim. Dimple refused. Later she walked out on him with the two children, Twinkle and Rinke. Today the couple today are separated but have not divorced.

• Zeenat Aman got married to Sanjay Khan, had a tempestuous marriage that broke up after which she married Mazhar Khan. Sadly even this marriage went bust as the two separated and started living separately.

Sarika and Kamal Hassan started going around while Hassan was still with wife Vani Ganpathy.

After an acrimonious divorce Hassan and Sarika got married, had two lovely daughters but last year she surprised everyone by walking out with her children, amidst reports of physical abuse and Hassan’s infidelities.

They are in the process of getting a divorce.

• Actor-singer Sonu Nigam and Madhurima are separated though trying to work out a reconciliation.
• Tanuja-Shomu Mukherji — separated
• Farha-Vindoo — separated
• Raakhee-Gulzar — separated
• Poonam Dhillon-Ashok Thakeria — separated
• Reena Roy-Mohsin Khan — divorced
• Aamir-Reena — divorced
• Nana Patekar — separated
• Ram Gopal Varma — divorced
• Feroz Khan-Sundari — separated
• Vinod Khanna-Geetanjali — divorced
• Ramesh Sippy after divorcing first wife Geeta got married to Kiran Juneja
• Rohan Sippy-Rohena — separated
Chitralekha
BJ thanks for the article. Quite informative. Now where's the list of those who never married? and their whys.
SAJJAD
IMHO, THEY ALL MESS AROUND ON SIDE!!! It does NOT matter if they r married/single or divorced! Wish, i was good looking cry.gif so, i could be part of this mess laugh.gif
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Nov 17 2004, 01:21 PM)
BJ thanks for the article. Quite informative. Now where's the list of those who never married? and their whys.

Well that is little tough to get info about naa sad1.gif .... if ever got chance to ask all those never married , first one to come in my mind is ASHA PAREKH .... my god such a lovely girl .... afsos but for no one wink2.gif .... and our Haribhai bhi aise hi single single bhagwan ko pyare ho gaye.... kabhi kabhi sochta hoon , Amisha ben nu shu thashe wink2.gif as many guju 's in bollywood end up being single or never married.... soch le tere ko shaadi baadi banake life mei settle hone ko mangta hai naa tau kabhi bollywood ki taraf mudd ke bhi na dekhna ... ha ha JK ....
unni

BJ's mention of Asha Parekh also brings to mind the actress Nanda. Asha Parekh supposedly due to her relationship with producer Nasir Hussain. I forget whom Nanda was to be getting married to not very long ago -- a big name producer/director -- but he died suddenly. Then comes to mind the legendary singing-star Suraiya --- did she remain pining for Dev Anand?
Chitralekha
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Nov 17 2004, 11:47 AM)

Well that is little tough to get info about naa sad1.gif .... if ever got chance to ask all those never married , first one to come in my mind is ASHA PAREKH .... my god such a lovely girl .... afsos but for no one wink2.gif .... and our Haribhai bhi aise hi single single bhagwan ko pyare ho gaye.... kabhi kabhi sochta hoon , Amisha ben nu shu thashe wink2.gif as many guju 's in bollywood end up being single or never married.... soch le tere ko shaadi baadi banake life mei settle hone ko mangta hai naa tau kabhi bollywood ki taraf mudd ke bhi na dekhna ... ha ha JK ....

Interesting observation! its kind of weird to know such good looking ppl didnt get a chance to get married. I heard from somewhere Haribhai had heart problems so was never keen on getting married. Did he have any flings?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.