Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bimal Roy's Madhumati turns 50 - NDTV.com
Hamara Forums > General > RSS-News
google-rss

Bimal Roy's Madhumati turns 50
NDTV.com - 1 hour ago
There is a treat for real movie lovers in Mumbai, as they get to watch a Bollywood classic, released 50 years ago. Bimal Roy's Dilip Kumar, Vyjayantimala starrer Madhumati was screened at the globus theatre on Thursday celebrating its golden jubilee.
Golden Hues Delhi Newsline
Sepia-toned memories Daily News & Analysis
Hindustan Times
all 5 news articles
nasir
MADHUMATI is indeed a beautiful and inspiring movie. Shahrukh's Om Shanti Om ends on Madhumatian tragedy. Such is its influence even on the modern generation. The love scenes too are sublime. Unfortunately, the CD'S or VCD's are edited and we lose many scenes that were there in the movie.

Dilip Kumar and Vyjayantimala look so loving. Bimal Roy's direction and Hrikesh's editing are the backbone of this love story frozen in time.

simplefable
When i watched this beautiful film in my teens, i just fell in love with Madhumati. I still think that she is the epitome of innocence and true love. The ending is absolutely spine chilling and one of the finest in Hindi movies. Though Bimal Da made the ending kind of happy one by reincarnation theory...I some how always feel sad that Madhumati was lost due to the cruel machinations of Pran..The tears in the eyes of Dilip as he sings the immortal " toote hue khwabon ne " stays with us forever. Timeless classic indeed. Like vintage wine, this film can never become old or lost in the vagaries of time.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.