Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hindi Songs In A Bengali Film
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
parag_sankla
Geeta ji sang a few Hindi song(s) for a movie in Bengali. The title of the movie is Dui Bechara. The MD is Bhupen Hazarika and the lyrics were penned by Gulzar.

This is the information I have got from RMIM.

Any more information on this ? Does any one have these songs ?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
Reviving this request..

Thanks in advance

Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
Reviving this request:

Geeta ji sang a few Hindi song(s) for a movie in Bengali. The title of the movie is Dui Bechara. The MD is Bhupen Hazarika and the lyrics were penned by Gulzar.

This is the information I have got from RMIM.

Any more information on this ? Does any one have these songs ?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Parag

smahesh
hello parag,
i am aware of two hindi songs by geetaji in bengali films-
1. 1959-gali theke rajpath-tere liye laya-md-sudhin dasgupta;ly-?;picturised on helen;
2. 1960-dui bechara-karo na phere gali ke mere-md-bhupen hazarika;ly-gulzar;co-singer-manna dey;picturised on-?

i think there must be 2-3 more songs.
regards,
mahesh
parag_sankla
QUOTE(smahesh @ Jan 28 2009, 08:08 AM) *

hello parag,
1. 1959-gali theke rajpath-tere liye laya-md-sudhin dasgupta;ly-?;picturised on helen;
2. 1960-dui bechara-karo na phere gali ke mere-md-bhupen hazarika;ly-gulzar;co-singer-manna dey;picturised on-?

regards,
mahesh

Mahesh

Many thanks for this information.

Erum ji has uploaded a clip of the first song here

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=70323

Also FP has uploaded an audio of this song in the same post.

Its a lovely song!

Looking forward to some one sharing the other song with Manna Dey ji.

Thanks
Parag

smahesh
jyotiprakash guhaji has posted a meera bhajan from grihprabesh[1954-bangla film]-barse badariya sawan ki.

here is the link-

http://www.kanandevi.com/AUDIO001.htm

enjoy,
mahesh
parag_sankla
QUOTE(smahesh @ Mar 6 2009, 07:26 AM) *

jyotiprakash guhaji has posted a meera bhajan from grihprabesh[1954-bangla film]-barse badariya sawan ki.

here is the link-

enjoy,
mahesh

Many thanks Mahesh for this information about an extremely rare song of Geeta ji.

I spoke to Guha ji today and he is going to send me a text from the auto-biography of Pankaj Mullick sahab, where he talks about Geeta ji. He is also going to send a pic of the unit of the film Zalzala (1952) with Geeta ji and Pankaj sahab.

Best Regards
Parag
hildebrand
QUOTE(smahesh @ Mar 6 2009, 08:56 PM) *

here is the link-

enjoy,
mahesh

I discovered it today myself through RMIM link. She's sung it really well.
Was the movie produced by Kanan Devi? Mukul Roy has given lovely music as usual.

parag_sankla
QUOTE(smahesh @ Mar 6 2009, 08:26 AM) *

here is the link-

enjoy,
mahesh

I think Lata ji has sung this bhajan as a part of a non-film album some time later. That version is slightly faster paced than this one I guess. That was composed by Hridaynath I guess.

Parag
hildebrand
Its a Meera Bhajan. It may have been sung by many others as well.
parag_sankla
I meant to say, that was the version of this song I had heard it so far. You are right, other singers might also have sung it.

It would be interesting to know why there is a Hindi bhajan in a Bengali film (that too with some dialogues in between).

parag_sankla

hello parag,

regards,
mahesh

Reviving the request for the above duet of Geeta ji and Manna da.

Thanks in advance

Parag
parag_sankla

hello parag,

regards,
mahesh

Mahesh

Please let us know if you got any updates on Hindi songs sung by Geeta ji for Bengali films other than the above listed two songs.

Thanks
Parag
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.