Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test 2
Hamara Forums > General > Sports > Cricket
Anil4
Test 2

Day 1

Anil Kumble, Anil Kumble and Anil Kumble!

Day 2

Virendra Sehwag, Virendra Sehwag and Virendra Sehwag!

So far so good, and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Anil

Akhtar
Expect the Aussie backlash tomorrow...

Congrats to Warnie on gettin the world record though. Fab acheivement.
Anil4
Day 3

Patel, Kaif and Warne.

The newspapers and TV here are full of Warne and his world record. I wonder when Murali is next in action ?
vivekpm
QUOTE(Bhirgu @ Oct 16 2004, 02:10 PM)
Day 3

Patel, Kaif and Warne.

The newspapers and TV here are full of Warne and his world record. I wonder when Murali is next in action ?

At last Warne got 5 wkts haul against India...

Well if things go well you may want to add Kumble for Day 3 honours... He has already sent back Langer and Hayden and with 26 overs still left, you never know...

Cheers,
p1j
The Turning Point to the match was provided by Anil Kumble with a beautiful googley which shattered the wickets of Adam Gilchrist... An unsual bowl from Kumble as he rarely bowls to that line of out side legstump (he bowls mostly on middle and legstump) and this was a surprise delivery pitched outside legstump (usually Shane Warne bowls to this line).. I would call it Kumble's Bramhaastra, which he uses once in years.. and today it worked to the perfaction... Although the game is still open, but India has a definite edge now.. all eyes on tomorrow

Pavan
cinemaniac2
guys while in office i see cricket time and again

one observation

last wicket of india

kaif hits the ball -attempts a run - but slips-zaheer meanwhile gets to the strikkers end-kaif cannot get up-the ball comes from the fielder and gilchrist knocks the bails at the strikers end- the indian first inning is over???-but zaheer was in the crease where they removed the bail.

did i see less??
p1j
QUOTE(cinemaniac2 @ Oct 17 2004, 12:40 AM)
guys while in office i see cricket time and again

one observation

last wicket of india

kaif hits the ball -attempts a run - but slips-zaheer meanwhile gets to the strikkers end-kaif cannot get up-the ball comes from the fielder and gilchrist knocks the bails at the strikers end- the indian first inning is over???-but zaheer was in the crease where they removed the bail.

did i see less??

Not really.. Actually Kaif had a support in the form of Runner as Yuvraj Singh... Both the runners (Zaheer and Yuvraj) were safe in the crease at their respective ends, unfortunately Kaif forgot that he had a runner and he too ran for the run and at the time gillchrist took off the bails, Kaif was out side the crease.. hense Kaif was out.. as Yuvi was the runner for Kaif, as Kaif was outside his crease, he could have been given run out at either of the ends...

Hope this clarifies the situation

Pavan
p1j
After the end of D4, Game poised for a fantastic finish...I think India still has a better chance tomorrow.. the only thing the players require is the application of their mind (which has been missing in last few months)..

For me the chances on theresults are as below

Indian Winning 50 %
Aussies Winning 30%
Draw 10 %
Tie 10%

The worrying factor is the Aussie's percentage in on rise with every day...

All eyes on D5.

Pavan
vivekpm
All depends on how openers do... If Sehwag stays till lunch I guess he can take the game away from Aussies provided someone stands with him at other end smile1.gif

Cheers,
unni
I don't want to sound like the prophet of doom, but the next day may well be Shayne Warne's finest, on the dustbowl of Chennai.
anurag
Unni

It does n't seem like you have been keeping yourself abreast with the pitch condition of Chennai. biggrin.gif

The track seems to be relaid and it surely is not the dust bowl this time, unlike in the past. The bounce is uneven but the pitch is still firm and has not generated cracks or crumbled into dust. If it were, Bhajji and Anil would have caused havoc in second inning and especially the likes of Gillespie would have been seen as a monkey on a hot tin roof. wink2.gif

Shane Warne is a spent force and a non entity for Indian batsmen. Most prophetically, I'd like to predict an emphatic Indian win. smile1.gif
anurag
Buhuhu.... cry.gif It has been raining since morning. Damn, Indra, when we needed you in Bangalore to pour then you didn't and now when we were about to square the series, you had to show your cruel face.

It has been raining buckets acc. to cricinfo and even if it stopped now, the play would nt start before lunch. sad1.gif
cinemaniac2
sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif

its been called off

its a draw

i feel we had an even chance to square the series. cry.gif

Anil4
@#$^& Rain

What a fantastic finish it would have been. It was good to see 18 runs scored off that master sledger Glen MacGrath in just 2 overs.

Anil
vivekpm
With rain ruining this test, we now will have to win both of the remaining tests...

Any changes in team? I would still like Zaheer to be dropped...

Cheers,
p1j
God Saved India... clap1.gif

Thank you very much God...

Last time when we had a historic win in Chennai we had to chase only 165 and we could make it at the expanse of 8 wickets (laxman made 60 odd).. historic win indeed.. but today I doubt we could have won..

Pavan

p1j
Corrections...

God saved BCCI XI ( and god saved Parthiv Patel too.. Does the samsung people have their connection with god too)

pavan
Anil4
Even with Virendra Sehwag playing the way he was?
p1j
QUOTE(Bhirgu @ Oct 19 2004, 03:05 AM)
Even with Virendra Sehwag  playing the way he was?

He always play the way he was playing ..
The question is FOR HOW LONG he could have played in this inning..
[for the records, check his second innings performance..
-overall batting average 54, in second innings its only 24
-out of 13 scores of 50 or more (7 100s and 6 50s), only one 50 came in the second innings
-2157 runs in first innings, while only 363 runs in second

his performance in fourth innings is more dismal - our of 16 innings he scored just 119 runs with a highest score of 47 ]

but he is a player who can prove all these statistics is a foolish's game.. and had he proved it wrong (stats) in chennai, I would have been more than happy for him..

Pavan

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.